Where to get my car detailed in Los Angeles area

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 12:22 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where to get my car detailed in Los Angeles area

Hi People

I am wanting to get my RL detailed. I am noticing swirl marks in the finish along with some light scratches that should come out when buffed out. I am trying to get recommendations of detailing places that will do a great job with all the above in the Los Angeles Area / South Bay or Riverside County I travel in those areas frequently. Also on average what should I be looking at spending on a detail job. Thanks for the support.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Ask the same question at autopia.org and you'll get a bunch of recomendations.

LL
Old 02-17-2010, 09:04 AM
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
I don't know about LA, but in San Diego I can tell you where to go.

If you can't ge ta good personal recommendation - here is oneway to find a truly top notch place. find a local body shop that works on high end cars - Porsche, Ferrari, lambo, etc. there are body shops that tend to work ONLY on high end stuff. then find out where they outsource their detail jobs to. odds are that place is high end.

that's what I did with m y car in San Diego. i took it to a high end body sho for a small fender bender, and had them do a full blown exterior detail before I picked it back up, they outsourced, and the work is amazing.

I paid $175 for an exterior only detail. my quote for ufll exterior / interior was $265-275.

when my car went in it had a lot of hairline scratches all over it, spider web marks, etc. NOW - it looks so glossy I can see my perfect reflection in the paint. it's amazing. it looks like it got a new paint job or rolled off the showroom floor. my car is ocean blue and it's a 2000 and has NEVER had a full detail like this..just me or theformer owner washing it. i clay bar'd the car once myself. it looks 10x better after thsi guy worked on it than anything I ever did to it.

i would highly recommend a detail from a professional. if done right, and depending on your cars condition - it can transfrom your car. especially on the right colors. on a deep/dark color like ocean blue or black - a detail job really brings out the shine.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Wow, that's a good price for a detail. The prices that I have seen around Orange County and else where were 500+
Old 03-13-2010, 12:49 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like to do it myself.. then you can be as detailed as you want.. but I realize this is not always practical for all..