Windows - Open Remotely...BUT...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 08:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 390 Likes on 236 Posts
Windows - Open Remotely...BUT...

Can they be closed remotely?
Will the rain sensor cause them to close?

I went through my Owner's Manual and performed a search here and came up with nothing.

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2017, 05:57 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by Tech
Can they be closed remotely?
Will the rain sensor cause them to close?

I went through my Owner's Manual and performed a search here and came up with nothing.

Thanks!
Nope, you have to use the controllers to close the windows and sunroof.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:05 AM
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts
Blexv6 is correct in that they cannot be closed remotely. On newer Acura's (perhaps even this one) you can put your key into the drivers door and close all the windows and moon roof at the same time by turning the key counterclockwise. Not remote, but if it is raining, it can speed things up.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:25 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
Sadly this is impossible (although would be brilliant if it was controllable via rain sensor)
Old 07-08-2017, 09:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 390 Likes on 236 Posts
That is what I figured based on what I could find in the Owner's Manual. Thanks!

Can the remote windows down feature be at least disabled so that they cannot be lowered unintentionally?
Old 07-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
That is what I figured based on what I could find in the Owner's Manual. Thanks!

Can the remote windows down feature be at least disabled so that they cannot be lowered unintentionally?
Although this is something that SHOULD be posssible on your own, it is not. You can try asking the dealer to disable it. The only problem is sometimes dealer personel are stupid. On my 2012 Sorento it came from the factory with this STUPID feature where all the doors unlock on park (yeah like what?) and so therefore I called 3 different dealers and was told "it's not possible to disable", went online and found a walk through for the techs and showed it to them, they turned it off for me thankfully. So that's a long way of saying, yes it should be possible but you might have to be insistent.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:41 AM
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts
I know many who have had this problem of accidently coming out to their car to find all their windows down and moon roof open. What seems to work is getting a silicon FOB holder for your remote. It will cause the buttons to be further recessed and much more difficult to accidently pressing them. You can purchase them in about any color on ebay for about $6 or $7.