Window rattles when closing doors. Seatbelt retraction weak.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 04:09 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Window rattles when closing doors. Seatbelt retraction weak.

so I noticed that whenever I have my windows down maybe halfway or all the way down, closing the door will make a large rattling noise. Is that normal or should I be worried? It always sounds like it might break or something. Is that something that the dealer can fix and is covered under a certified preowned warranty. It's a AWD 2014 Acura RDX w/ tech package. Also there are often times where the seatbelt retraction is a bit weak and I end up closing the door on it. Is there a fix to that ?
Old 04-13-2017, 06:42 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraDave09
so I noticed that whenever I have my windows down maybe halfway or all the way down, closing the door will make a large rattling noise. Is that normal or should I be worried? It always sounds like it might break or something. Is that something that the dealer can fix and is covered under a certified preowned warranty. It's a AWD 2014 Acura RDX w/ tech package. Also there are often times where the seatbelt retraction is a bit weak and I end up closing the door on it. Is there a fix to that ?
I’ve had 5 Acuras from a 1994 to my current 2016 RDX. Window rattles have notoriously been an Acura issue. Granted, they’ve gotten better the in the later model years it’s still there. You could try to have the dealer look at it but unfortunately it’s “normal” for most Acuras. It’s best to close the door with the window all the way up and not partially open. Or, if you want to close the door with the window partially open then just be sure to gently close it. No need to slam the door shut as so many people do.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:37 PM
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
My 2014 does the same...doesnt bother me, but what DOES is the window rattling due to wind buffeting when its down an inch or more and at highway speeds...I had to jam some black foam between the window glass edge and weatherstripping which helped a lot.