Suspension squeaky as hell??

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 08:53 AM
I may be fat but I'm slow

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Suspension squeaky as hell??

Drove my wife's 2015 RDX with 48k miles this AM. The suspension is squeaky as all hell at low speeds (couldn't tell at high speeds). Most notably I park in a parking garage and every left turn I made there was a terrible shriek, and there were softer shrieks going straight over speed bumps. I'll take the car in soon, but what is this? Wheel bearing? Struts gone bad? Ball joints? Seems awfully early to have to replace suspension components, no??
Old 10-20-2017, 10:13 AM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Exact same problem with my wife's 2015 RDX. Every left turn we would hear a loud squeak and softer squeaks on small bumps. Brought it to the dealer about a month ago, and they replaced the bushings and dampers on the suspension. That fix eliminated the squeaks. They replaced both the front brakes too, not sure if it was related to the squeaks but no more annoying squeaks. Take it to the dealer.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:19 AM
I may be fat but I'm slow

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by jimihaha
Exact same problem with my wife's 2015 RDX. Every left turn we would hear a loud squeak and softer squeaks on small bumps. Brought it to the dealer about a month ago, and they replaced the bushings and dampers on the suspension. That fix eliminated the squeaks. They replaced both the front brakes too, not sure if it was related to the squeaks but no more annoying squeaks. Take it to the dealer.
Thanks. I'm dropping it off this afternoon, hope the loaner they give me is something sweet.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:57 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
There is a TSB on suspension noise for defective rear struts. I got mine replaced under warranty. Not sure if it applies to you. BTW I just noticed that it’s an issue with both of your wives 2015 models .