Remote Start Options

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 03:23 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Remote Start Options

Any advice on remote start installations for simple system? I would just like to remote start my car from less than 200ft (no obstacles), have temp be between 65 F and 75 F during winter or summer, have two fobs.

Suggestions?
Old 10-26-2017, 07:27 AM
Inveterate Tinkerer

Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts
You Have Many Options

Originally Posted by 2013rdxbase
Any advice on remote start installations for simple system?
According to this earlier Acurazine thread there's a $399 system your dealer can install. There are quite a few aftermarket systems available (one of which is probably what the dealer will put in).

Here's a link showing the one I installed on my other car (Toyota Avalon) but it would also work fine for RDX. Don't freak over all the wires. Each vehicle only uses a few of them. The upside of this system (and others like it) is the range. Depending on the type of remote you choose it can be as short as the OEM Acura fob provides or, literally from anyplace in the world.

I live in the desert Southwest so a remote start is really handy when summer temperatures soar. I can start the engine as I get to a store checkout and by the time I'm back to the parking lot the car's (black) interior is nice and cool.

Cheers!

Last edited by Gadgetjq; 10-26-2017 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Add link to earlier Acurazine remote start thread
Old 12-20-2017, 03:25 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
According to Acura Link support, this is coming as a software update in 2018 so you will be able to use your phone to remote start. But you have to subscribe to the Premium tier at $249/year. btw, this is standard on my buddy's $27k Chevy Traverse...