RDX Tech Wallpaper

Old 10-23-2017, 05:37 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RDX Tech Wallpaper

HI all,

I bought a 2015 RDX Techa couple of weeks ago and when I brought it is for a couple of accessory installs I was given a new MDX as a loaner vehicle wuite the play by Acura).
Anyways, while searching around the MDX I stumbled upon the wallpaper section. I saw a nice clock wallpaper that I would like to install into my RDX. I checked my wallpapers and found that I have none to choose from.
I would like to add a couple of wallpapers but especially the clock.
How do I find wallpapers and how do I install them into my list of wallpapers?

thanks in advance
Old 10-23-2017, 08:52 PM
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 165 Posts
I'm not sure why you would want a clock as wallpaper because "wallpaper" is a static image.

I think you may be talking about selecting either an analog or digital clock for the screen background which is accessible by
- Pressing the settings button
- Select system settings
- select clock
-select clock/wallpaper type.
- selecting the clock tab
- select desired clock type

If you really are looking for wallpaper, you can install any image you want as wallpaper. The image size needs to be 800 x 480 pixels to fill the screen, and the file size must be less than 6 MB. If you use a file greater than 800 x 480 pixels, the image will be scaled down to fill the screen.

The complete procedure is described in the navigation manual of your RDX.

Old 10-23-2017, 09:53 PM
3rd Gear

RDS Rick,

Yes, thank you, that is exactly what I am looking for (the analog or digital clock). Thank you for your time!
Old 10-24-2017, 02:03 PM
3rd Gear

[QUOTE=RDX-Rick;16118596]I'm not sure why you would want a clock as wallpaper because "wallpaper" is a static image.

I think you may be talking about selecting either an analog or digital clock for the screen background which is accessible by
- Pressing the settings button
- Select system settings
- select clock
-select clock/wallpaper type.
- selecting the clock tab
- select desired clock type

If you really are looking for wallpaper, you can install any image you want as wallpaper. The image size needs to be 800 x 480 pixels to fill the screen, and the file size must be less than 6 MB. If you use a file greater than 800 x 480 pixels, the image will be scaled down to fill the screen.

The complete procedure is described in the navigation manual of your RDX.

I just went in to do what you suggested and do not have the option clock/wallpaper. I can only find either clock adjustment or wallpaper...not both together. I'm driving a 2015 RDX Tech.
I clicked on Info, then scrolled to set up, from there I'm brought to main set up(brightness, volume, contrast, etc)...I push the Enter knob to the right to Other, that brings me to Basic settings, Routing and guidance, clock adjustment, vehicle, color, language, Wallpapers setting, Reset factory default.
Clock adjustment only allows me to adjust auto daylight and auto time zone.

What vehicle were you referring to?
Old 10-24-2017, 03:26 PM
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 165 Posts
i'm sorry. When I first looked up the procedure it was in the PDF version of my 2016 navigation manual. I then downloaded a copy of the 2015 manual to verify the procedure was the same. It looks like somehow I switched back to the window containing the 2016 manual without realizing it. I then proceeded to provide you with that information.

In the 2016 system, you can choose either an analog or digital clock, and have it overlayed on the wallpaper of your choice. The problem is that you can only display the clock if you press the info button and scroll down to select wallpaper. I find that this makes it too much problem for me to use. Every-time I select the "audio" or "phone" or "navigation" screens, I have to through the menus to get the clock back on the screen. I find the clock which is displayed on the Nav screen is all I need despite its small size.

After checking the 2015 manual again, I see that you already have a small clock display as well. You do however have the option to change wallpaper if that is something you wish to do.

Once again, sorry about the confusion.

Search this Thread