Programming key fob(s)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 10:49 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Programming key fob(s)

I've decided to switch key fobs with my wife...driver 1 becomes driver 2 and vice versa.
it is an advance model with remote start and I'm not even sure how to re-do the memory seat settings...which I was hoping would be the easy solution.
Is there an easy way to do this?
I am looking at the owners guide and not feeling it.
thanks.
Old 07-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Instructor

oh...my bad pretty easy after all, just reset the seat assignment to the fob.
Keys are swapped, seat memory and remote start work.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:34 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
But the question is why would you ever want to switch keys if both keys are functioning normally. Does being number 1or 2 on the key mean anything to you? Just wondering.
Another potential issue with that is if you have stored addresses of your contacts or places you want to go, they are also stored along with key settings. So now you might have to look for addresses in driver 2 setting to see your preferred places even though you have no:1 key.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:18 AM
Instructor

Driver 1 fob has remote start is the only difference...aside from memory seat and mirror setting preferences and being larger.
Mrs C wanted that feature when she saw how easy it was to use on my new 17' civic (with remote start on both key fobs btw)

we both use iPhones and from all I know the rdx syncs to whichever key and phone is first in upon entry...however without CarPlay i usually plug directly into the USB for full audio, phone, map and search functions.
So when ready to go all phone functions work.
caveat...
Get in the car...Program the phone...Sync the phone...enter or say ok...wait for calculating then Put in drive and go.
I forget those steps must be followed in that order otherwise all pre-programming is lost if I put in gear too soon ☹️

I can for instance yelp a place on my phone, map it, get in the car plug in phone and go....other wise I have to sit in the car while transferring the same address that I found on my the phone earlier.
Point is I have yet to figure how to transfer data from my phone or use effectively the Acura suite of map, search with push to talk voice commands, how to quickly enter and store contact lists, create a quick dial list easily, creating destinations lists beside home etc...

Aside: surprisingly my '17 civic EX hatchback while comparing tech to tech makes our '17 rdx Advance seem very outdated.

Last edited by Himecraig; 07-14-2017 at 10:29 AM.