!PICS! After 6 weeks waits (2 week delay), finally picked up RDX Elite (pearl/ebony)

Old 09-06-2015, 07:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts
!PICS! After 6 weeks waits (2 week delay), finally picked up RDX Elite (pearl/ebony)

After a 6 week wait (including 2 weeks delay) Canadian fully loaded RDX Elite, white diamond pearl exterior with ebony interior finally came in from the Ohio factory. Pictures below.

Let me give you my impressions:

Overall: Feels like you're in a compact land yacht.

Acceleration: The RDX is FAST. I'm still breaking in the engine so haven't stomped on the pedal yet but a little tap and I blow past most other cars. It feels very, very light due to the power.

Comfort: Seats offer pillow-like comfort and cabin feels very spacious. Ride is quite smooth over imperfections in the road. Cabin is pretty quiet, some wind noise on the highway but nothing that is too distracting.

Lights: The LEDs LIGHT UP THE ROAD. Very, very white light and the range that the light extends to is very wide across the road and sides of the road.

Music: Clear and crisp, very high quality sound. If you put in a CD, the hard drive automatically records the music.

Navigation: I've read some prior reviews/thoughts and some people mention the navigation is confusing. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY MEAN, perhaps they are from the stone age. The Navigation is very easy to use, with multiple options to enter your data (voice, touch keyboard, dial knob).

The GPS divides into 3 screens at some points: there is the little screen where the gauges are--it is very clear and tells you when to turn (displays arrows and distance). The main GPS screen has a big map that has 3 settings. I was driving on the biggest highway in Toronto, the 401, and the main GPS screen divided in two (left side was the overall map and right side showed me which lanes to stay in (e.g. for 5 lanes it showed arrows to stay on the left 3 lanes so that I would reach my destination).

Looks: Vehicle looks better in person than in pictures. Well defined lines and balanced design. Best looking vehicle in its class and best looking Acura except for the new NSX.

Chick magnet factor: Got some stares and positive comments already.

Ventilated seats: In a previous thread, someone mentionned the ventilated seats don't work that well. I drove this in over 30 degree celcius weather, and it got cold ALMOST INSTANTLY (set on high--3 blue bars). It reminds me of how heated seats get hot really fast.

Technology: Thousands of voice commands and tons of sensors. Tested the LKAS on the highway, works very well but tells you to put your hands on the steering wheel after a few seconds. LDW and blind spot detection works very well. I appreciate the different levels of warnings--lights, beeps, faster beeps etc. to tell you of impending danger. I like setting the reverse camera on wide angle, and it shows arrows to indicate which direction cars are coming from.

The following 2 users liked this post by rockyboy:
Murrow (09-06-2015), yesrdx (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 08:39 AM
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Congratulations! I wish they sold this color combo in US.
The following users liked this post:
rockyboy (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Thanks!

Some things in Canada that differ than the US:

Colour combo as you mentionned.

Power folding side mirrors.

AWD is standard across all models.

We get two identical key fobs (both have remote engine start).

If you convert between US and Canadian dollars, our price is much lower.

Originally Posted by giovane
Congratulations! I wish they sold this color combo in US.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:06 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Thanks for the review. I wasn't aware that the instrument panel provides additional turn-by-turn directions.

How much did you end up paying? Canadian/US.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:07 AM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
Chick magnet factor: Got some stares and positive comments already.
An RDX? They are probably sizing up the back seat to see how a child's seat is secured....not so much on the potential for making a baby...

Seriously though, congrats on your purchase and hands down the best color combo
Old 09-06-2015, 10:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Yeah, the navigation system in this vehicle is sweeeeeet!

I paid a little below $45000 Canadian but I have a friend in the car industry that helped me. The MSRP is $48,759.75 Canadian.

Originally Posted by yeoyes
Thanks for the review. I wasn't aware that the instrument panel provides additional turn-by-turn directions.

How much did you end up paying? Canadian/US.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Thanks LOL!!

If I didn't respect privacy, I would post pics of some hot women posing with my vehicle. In my area, women view Acuras as hot . The good thing about the 2016 RDX is it looks and drives sporty. A girl even looked at it from the front and asked me if it's a sedan lol! It's considered on par with the BMWs, Mercedes, Audi's, and Lexus and just as popular (you see plenty of Acuras in driveways).

Let me leave with you a pearl of wisdom: a luxury vehicle for a man achieves what make-up does for a woman. There's a reason the make-up industry is a multi-billion dollar industry

Originally Posted by Kaputnik
An RDX? They are probably sizing up the back seat to see how a child's seat is secured....not so much on the potential for making a baby...

Seriously though, congrats on your purchase and hands down the best color combo
5 Acuras (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 02:30 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by rockyboy
Thanks LOL!!

If I didn't respect privacy, I would post pics of some hot women posing with my vehicle. In my area, women view Acuras as hot . The good thing about the 2016 RDX is it looks and drives sporty. A girl even looked at it from the front and asked me if it's a sedan lol! It's considered on par with the BMWs, Mercedes, Audi's, and Lexus and just as popular (you see plenty of Acuras in driveways).
You must be living in a small town, or the people you social with have never seen a BMW. Acura is certainly not on par with BMW and Mercedes. Based on your reasoning on why you selected RDX instead of competitors I can inferr that you don't know much about cars and your review is very subjective based on your perspective.

Let me leave with you a pearl of wisdom: a luxury vehicle for a man achieves what make-up does for a woman. There's a reason the make-up industry is a multi-billion dollar industry
Let me leave you with a pearl of wisdom: Your luxury vehicle does nothing for you if you are not up to stuff. Individuals will see right through your disguise. Others look at you as someone who is driving daddy's mustang or daddy's Acura. Go live in the real world and come back when you are ready.
2012wagon (09-10-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 11:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Here is one study on women having more desire for men in luxury cars vs regular cars.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/5042640/Women-more-attracted-to-men-in-expensive-cars.html

I have friends and neighbours with BMWs, Mercedes, Audis, Lexuses, and Porsches. Been in all of them. They are not any more luxurious than an Acura. A few of their models may have more horsepower and better handling, but when you consider the car as a whole including reliability, safety, technology features, honest pricing, the Acura wins. Hence if you go to the higher end neighbourhoods such as Oakville, west Mississauga, etc. you will see a large number of Acuras.

Originally Posted by RSX_Takashi
You must be living in a small town, or the people you social with have never seen a BMW. Acura is certainly not on par with BMW and Mercedes. Based on your reasoning on why you selected RDX instead of competitors I can inferr that you don't know much about cars and your review is very subjective based on your perspective.

Let me leave you with a pearl of wisdom: Your luxury vehicle does nothing for you if you are not up to stuff. Individuals will see right through your disguise. Others look at you as someone who is driving daddy's mustang or daddy's Acura. Go live in the real world and come back when you are ready.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:18 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Best comment of the thread...

Jokes aside...Congratulations to Rockyboy. You seem to have got a car which you like most. We like the fact that you consider Acura on par with BMW, MB, etc... whether or not the general public agrees with you (probably not) is immaterial.
The important thing is that you are happy with the car which you bought.
The car looks cool. Congrats again.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Thanks!! Really happy with the 2016 RDX. I could have gotten any of the other cars but after doing the research, the RDX is the best choice. Here is an expert video on why Mercedes (same principle applies to BMW, Audi, etc) are not as good as Acuras. It has to do with poor design decisions:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPJ64sTa7KI

Originally Posted by Comfy
Best comment of the thread...

Jokes aside...Congratulations to Rockyboy. You seem to have got a car which you like most. We like the fact that you consider Acura on par with BMW, MB, etc... whether or not the general public agrees with you (probably not) is immaterial.
The important thing is that you are happy with the car which you bought.
The car looks cool. Congrats again.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:41 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
^
I'm not sure what qualifies him as an expert, but good point. I love German cars, but not so much about their maintenance and oil consumption. Who wants to check their dipstick every week to make sure they're not frying their engine?
Old 09-07-2015, 11:56 PM
Instructor

Here is one study on women having more desire for men in luxury cars vs regular cars.

Women more attracted to men in expensive cars - Telegraph

I have friends and neighbours with BMWs, Mercedes, Audis, Lexuses, and Porsches. Been in all of them. They are not any more luxurious than an Acura. A few of their models may have more horsepower and better handling, but when you consider the car as a whole including reliability, safety, technology features, honest pricing, the Acura wins. Hence if you go to the higher end neighbourhoods such as Oakville, west Mississauga, etc. you will see a large number of Acuras.
You are extremely misinformed.

Posting links on here to support your thinking just shows that you are insecure and require external support to affirm yourself. I do not need videos to support that I am correct. You remind me of some kid I knew from grade school: always feel insecure, always make ridiculous comments without thinking properly thus leading others to realize how little he knows.

I buy cars to drive and like most of us, we don't use cars to pick up girls. That's high school and most of us have grown out of that. If you like to fantasize that, go right ahead. Keep your fantasy out of this forum.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Good points. That guy is an experienced mechanic I think.

Originally Posted by yeoyes
^
I'm not sure what qualifies him as an expert, but good point. I love German cars, but not so much about their maintenance and oil consumption. Who wants to check their dipstick every week to make sure they're not frying their engine?
Old 09-08-2015, 12:02 AM
Burning Brakes

I like to back up my points with studies and facts, where possible. From personal experience as well, women do look at your car--it helps them estimate your sense of style, class, and yes, net worth. They also look at other things like your clothing and muscles/fitness level, housing etc. Housing and car are very important considerations to women.

You are extremely misinformed.

Posting links on here to support your thinking just shows that you are insecure and require external support to affirm yourself. I do not need videos to support that I am correct. You remind me of some kid I knew from grade school: always feel insecure, always make ridiculous comments without thinking properly thus leading others to realize how little he knows.

I buy cars to drive and like most of us, we don't use cars to pick up girls. That's high school and most of us have grown out of that. If you like to fantasize that, go right ahead. Keep your fantasy out of this forum.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:03 AM
Instructor

Good points. That guy is an experienced mechanic I think.
The guy is biased against German cars.

As I said before, you are misinformed.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:05 AM
Instructor

I like to back up my points with studies and facts, where possible. From personal experience as well, women do look at your car--it helps them estimate your sense of style, class, and yes, net worth. They also look at other things like your clothing and muscles/fitness level, housing etc. Housing and car are very important considerations to women.
If you are trying to get a women's attention, buying a soccer mom's SUV (as somebody puts it) will not help you get attention.

To me, you are simply driving your mom's car.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:37 AM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
Thanks!! Really happy with the 2016 RDX. I could have gotten any of the other cars but after doing the research, the RDX is the best choice. Here is an expert video on why Mercedes (same principle applies to BMW, Audi, etc) are not as good as Acuras. It has to do with poor design decisions:

That dude cracked me up! He had some interesting points on the Mercedes. However, I'm still skeptical that he could impress girls with an RDX.

Last edited by Kaputnik; 09-08-2015 at 12:39 AM.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Instructor

That dude cracked me up! He had some interesting points on the Mercedes. However, I'm still skeptical that he could impress girls with an RDX.
While the mechanic has made his points, his intended audience is for individuals who plan to keep the car for life.

Realistically, most people who buys German made cars will probably lease it and then give it back to the dealership when the lease is up. Why? 1) Expensive up front; 2) Expensive operating cost; 3) Expensive maintenance. I was told by the sales rep that BMW and MB dealerships are more catered to individuals leasing than financing.

For those who have the money to pay the car off up front, he or she probably does not care much about maintenance and upkeep of the car anyway as money is not an issue for them. When the time is right they will just sell the car and trade it for something else.

If you are purchasing a CPO or used car, then be prepared to pick up any loose screws that the first owner left behind. This is true for all cars. Some require more maintenance, some require less. Some are lemons right off the start, and some will run fine throughout the life of the car. If you are lucky, the owner will disclose the information up front. If not, then you bring the car to a mechanic and he makes a video out of it.

On a side note:

If you are trying to impress women with a RDX, then you are in an identity crisis and should seek professional help. The women loves your car more than you.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:08 PM
Instructor

Here's a video for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbhHcxscu4Q

The same mechanic makes a claim on why Keyless cars are stupid.

Make sure you throw your keys in the garbage can and retrofit your late model RDX to use a conventional key.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:03 AM
Burning Brakes

The mechanic has a good point. They should make cars with both push button start and a key start as backup.

Here's a video for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbhHcxscu4Q

The same mechanic makes a claim on why Keyless cars are stupid.

Make sure you throw your keys in the garbage can and retrofit your late model RDX to use a conventional key.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:04 AM
Burning Brakes

I'm not trying to impress women with the RDX. They are automatically impressed when they see it...

On a side note:

If you are trying to impress women with a RDX, then you are in an identity crisis and should seek professional help. The women loves your car more than you.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:43 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big congratulation on the brand new RDX. Even though I prefer the 16 RX Fsport more. Very nice essay you wrote on the other thread. I noticed that most of your neighbor and your house everyone all having white and silver vehicles. I probably go with the refresh 2017 MDX due to 7 seats. Enjoy your Acura!
Old 09-10-2015, 11:01 AM
Instructor

The mechanic has a good point. They should make cars with both push button start and a key start as backup.
I'm not trying to impress women with the RDX. They are automatically impressed when they see it...
You are so full of it and so misguided that you don't even realize it.
The following 2 users liked this post by RSX_Takashi:
2012wagon (09-10-2015), justnspace (09-10-2015)
Old 09-10-2015, 11:04 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
<p> at this motherfucking guy.</p>
Old 09-10-2015, 11:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Thank you! These are some of the luxury vehicles my neighbours own:

One owns a 2015 Audi Q5 silver and a Mercedes E550 I believe, and it is white. Another neighbour has a Mercedes E sedan and a Mercedes ML SUV. Another has a Porsche Cayenne and an Audi TT. Another one has a Lexus ES and GS. One down the street has a BMW X6. Another has a 2015 Acura MDX. Some have non-luxury vehicles like Toyotas, Nissans, Fords & Hondas etc. One has an infinity Q50 in white. A guy down the street has an Audi R8 but he moved.

I still think the 2016 Acura RDX is the best looking vehicle in its class along with the BMW X4 . I didn't get the X4 because don't want a car that will break down frequently with exorbitant repair and maintenance costs.

Originally Posted by Ethanv08
Big congratulation on the brand new RDX. Even though I prefer the 16 RX Fsport more. Very nice essay you wrote on the other thread. I noticed that most of your neighbor and your house everyone all having white and silver vehicles. I probably go with the refresh 2017 MDX due to 7 seats. Enjoy your Acura!
Old 09-10-2015, 12:39 PM
Instructor

One owns a 2015 Audi Q5 silver and a Mercedes E550 I believe, and it is white. Another neighbour has a Mercedes E sedan and a Mercedes ML SUV. Another has a Porsche Cayenne and an Audi TT. Another one has a Lexus ES and GS. One down the street has a BMW X6. Another has a 2015 Acura MDX. Some have non-luxury vehicles like Toyotas, Nissans, Fords & Hondas etc. One has an infinity Q50 in white. A guy down the street has an Audi R8 but he moved.
And you told us you respect other people's privacy. Just reading your post above makes me glad I don't live near you. I don't want you to be spying on me and everything I own/do.

I still think the 2016 Acura RDX is the best looking vehicle in its class along with the BMW X4 . I didn't get the X4 because don't want a car that will break down frequently with exorbitant repair and maintenance costs.
You are not fit to drive a BMW and you know nothing about their maintenance and repair costs. Please be quiet before you show off how little you know and how confused you are.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 161 Posts

Well it's pretty obvious that your neighbors are wealthier than you and have better taste in automobiles.
The following 2 users liked this post by hand-filer:
justnspace (09-10-2015), RSX_Takashi (09-10-2015)
Old 09-10-2015, 01:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by hand-filer
Well it's pretty obvious that your neighbors are wealthier than you and have better taste in automobiles.
Once again, a senior member hits the nail in the head.
justnspace (09-10-2015)
Old 09-10-2015, 01:59 PM
Instructor

After looking at the photos you posted, I don't see any of the cars you mentioned above. All I see are white mini-vans and an ugly silver Camry parked beside a white RDX. Are you sure that's your RDX or you just take photos of your neighbor's car and a key from the dealership and call it your own?
2012wagon (09-10-2015)
Old 09-10-2015, 02:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,626 Likes on 13,878 Posts
Dafuq...who buys an RDX and factors in its ability to be a chick magnet?!????

I've now seen it all.

Congrats on the new SUV/CUV nonetheless.
hand-filer (09-10-2015)
Old 09-10-2015, 02:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Yumcha
Dafuq...who buys an RDX and factors in its ability to be a chick magnet?!????

I've now seen it all.

Congrats on the new SUV/CUV nonetheless.
As a senior Mod I was hoping you can explain why either.

I guess we will never know.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:41 PM
Senior Moderator

As a senior Mod I was hoping you can explain why either.

I guess we will never know.
Dude, not even the great Ron A with all his cognitive knowledge of the cosmos and universe will be able to explain that.

Why? Because, the OP is cray-cray.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Women like nice looking, expensive things. In ancient times, it was the guy with the nicest fur tunic. In the middle ages, it was the knight riding on his armoured warhorse. Today, it includes the 2016 RDX with most of the luxury car features known to man.

Two weeks into owning this vehicle: I can tell you it is a thrilling ride, makes driving more fun. So much comfort and gadgets. And yes, stares and compliments from many.

This is truly an incredible driving machine!

Originally Posted by Yumcha
Dude, not even the great Ron A with all his cognitive knowledge of the cosmos and universe will be able to explain that.

Why? Because, the OP is cray-cray.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:32 AM
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
"We get two identical key fobs (both have remote engine start)."

Are they both "driver 1?"
Old 09-24-2015, 08:15 AM
Burning Brakes

One is driver 1 and the other is driver 2. Identical was in the context of the button function like both have remote engine start etc.

Originally Posted by dirleton
"We get two identical key fobs (both have remote engine start)."

Are they both "driver 1?"
Old 01-20-2016, 12:45 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks LOL!!

What area do you live in Rockyboy??
Old 01-20-2016, 02:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
Originally Posted by Krisbo26
What area do you live in Rockyboy??
God, I thought he was back! That was scary!
Old 01-20-2016, 02:22 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
If you guys make him come back........
Old 01-20-2016, 02:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Please...no.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: !PICS! After 6 weeks waits (2 week delay), finally picked up RDX Elite (pearl/ebony)