Lexus NX pricing details starting to leak

Old 10-16-2014, 05:25 AM
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Lexus NX pricing details starting to leak

It looks like Lexus will be undercutting Acura's RDX. Acura has a stronger engine and probably a few more base features. Optioned up the Lexus will probably be low to mid 40's which is where the Acura will be with similar options after the refresh in the Spring. Unlike Acura's tiered package levels, Lexus has many smaller upgrade packages . This is the link to the Lexus packages without price. I am sure Acura is taking notice and will look to compete properly. 2015 Lexus NX 200t Product Information | Lexus

per Edmunds:
RDX Base - $35,990
RDX Base AWD - $37,390

per thread on ClubLexus (official link from Lexus no avail yet)
NX Base -$34,880
NX Base AWD - $35,880
NX 200t F SPORT - $37,240
NX 200t F SPORT AWD - $38,640
NX 300h - $39,720
NX 300h AWD - $41,310
Old 10-16-2014, 06:05 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by wildeklave
It looks like Lexus will be undercutting Acura's RDX. Acura has a stronger engine and probably a few more base features. Optioned up the Lexus will probably be low to mid 40's which is where the Acura will be with similar options after the refresh in the Spring. Unlike Acura's tiered package levels, Lexus has many smaller upgrade packages . This is the link to the Lexus packages without price. I am sure Acura is taking notice and will look to compete properly. 2015 Lexus NX 200t Product Information | Lexus

per Edmunds:
RDX Base - $35,990
RDX Base AWD - $37,390

per thread on ClubLexus (official link from Lexus no avail yet)
NX Base -$34,880
NX Base AWD - $35,880
NX 200t F SPORT - $37,240
NX 200t F SPORT AWD - $38,640
NX 300h - $39,720
NX 300h AWD - $41,310
It would sure make the Lexus sell, but somehow Lexus always has a similar starting price but to get what I want, it always far exceeds a similar Acura.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's the Autoblog page: 2015 Lexus NX starts at $34,480* - Autoblog

I'm glad I didn't wait for this thing to come out before buying my '15 RDX. The F-Sport might be better looking, but judging from those pics, this thing is hideous! Some of the comments on there are just hilarious.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:12 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Yes it looks hideous from some angles. The back is okay. I'm sure the interior and general build quality will be nice too. The RDX seems to have the better engine though.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:24 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
The NX looks beautiful - I've really started taking to the body changes Lexus has made as of late. That being said, the NX looks sporty and nimble where as the RDX looks refined and elegant. To each their own.

With respect to dimensions, according to some quick research, the RDX has a longer wheelbase (1 inch), longer length (1 inch), and is wider (0.2 inches) than the NX. It's probably noticeably smaller
Old 10-17-2014, 06:52 AM
Racer

here is some inf on packages pricing. Until the official configurator is up you won't know if some of the last items are ala carte or part of the big packages. I think fully loaded it will be similar to the the RDX Advanced that we expect next year:

Last edited by wildeklave; 10-17-2014 at 06:56 AM.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:39 AM
CBP TLX

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
I dunno... I think the RDX is better on the eyes versus this thing.

The following users liked this post:
Fozy Bear (12-16-2014)
Old 10-18-2014, 09:35 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wireless charging... me likey.

Looks like the NX will have the luxury chops feature-wise (where the current RDX comes up short). So with this list, Acura has a good idea of what the next RDX needs to offer to compete. If Lexus hadn't made the styling of the NX so polarizing, the RDX might have been in real trouble. As it stands, the RDX will have to do some considerable catching up.

That said, Acura also needs to give up on its take it or leave it options packaging. The inflexibility is really irritating. It will be interesting to see how well Acura responds to this latest challenge. Get it right and it will be a continued success. Get it wrong and the likes of the NX and MkC will walk away with the market leaving the RDX to wither on the vine.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
The badge alone will draw plenty of potential customers into Lexus showrooms. But those looking for real utility will leave disappointed or step up to the RX. At less than 18 cu ft of cargo capacity, the NX competes more with the X1 and Q3 than the RDX/Q5/X3 class of crossovers. Even the MKC offers quite a bit more space. I like the interior, but even if I could live with the small trunk I'd pass on this thing. I just find the ungainly front overhang and oversized look-at-me grille too much to take.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:47 PM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
I'll reserve my opinion on the looks until I see one in person. I've often liked or disliked cars from early pictures and did a complete flip flop when seeing it in real life. I would agree that the storage behind the rear seat leaves something to be desired. My clubs and cart just fit in the RDX with a little room left over for the moderate grocery run.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:02 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
So ugly.

My favorite comment "Wow, that's even worse than the can opener nose on the 09-11 Acura TL."
Old 10-20-2014, 06:17 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by VinceCL
Wireless charging... me likey.

Looks like the NX will have the luxury chops feature-wise (where the current RDX comes up short). So with this list, Acura has a good idea of what the next RDX needs to offer to compete. If Lexus hadn't made the styling of the NX so polarizing, the RDX might have been in real trouble. As it stands, the RDX will have to do some considerable catching up.

That said, Acura also needs to give up on its take it or leave it options packaging. The inflexibility is really irritating. It will be interesting to see how well Acura responds to this latest challenge. Get it right and it will be a continued success. Get it wrong and the likes of the NX and MkC will walk away with the market leaving the RDX to wither on the vine.
I am not sure if you have ever priced an Acura to a Lexus. The reason Acura's prices are lower is that they do packages which costs less where Lexus nickle and dimes you to death with more expensive options. I would rather have it priced like an Acura. For those who want to pay more can buy the Lexus. The vehicle is nicer but you will pay more. I like the NX, and will check it out when it comes out but I really like the RDX.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:15 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by CybrRdr
I dunno... I think the RDX is better on the eyes versus this thing.

Looks like a Lexus version of Acura's ZDX and BMW's X6, but just because of the badge, I bet it will sell better.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:46 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
I have to tell you that when I first saw the NX in photos, I thought that it was the ugliest thing on earth. Then finally I saw one in a special event at my local dealership last month and it turned out to be really good looking in reality! I was shocked.

I think part of it is the F-Sport trim that I saw - it changed the front grill so it was less pointy and protruding - that was the worst part of the photo above. The one that I saw was in red and it was definitely super hot! Furthermore, the interior was just absolutely amazing - the Lexus interior design team certainly is churning out one great design after another. Something that the Acura interior design team should definitely take note.

Since they have priced it so aggressively, it is going to sell like hot cakes and will probably make Acura really do something amazing about the RDX MMC... let's hope so!
The following users liked this post:
wildeklave (10-21-2014)
Old 10-20-2014, 10:55 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Originally Posted by BLEXV6
I am not sure if you have ever priced an Acura to a Lexus. The reason Acura's prices are lower is that they do packages which costs less where Lexus nickle and dimes you to death with more expensive options. I would rather have it priced like an Acura. For those who want to pay more can buy the Lexus. The vehicle is nicer but you will pay more. I like the NX, and will check it out when it comes out but I really like the RDX.
That's true. I like the Acura / Honda packaging strategy. It removes a lot of variables and headaches from price negotiations. Also if it's a la carte then also you're unlikely to find one with the particular factory fitted options you want on the lot. You are at the mercy of what the dealer orders unless you do a custom build of your car.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:10 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Comfy
That's true. I like the Acura / Honda packaging strategy. It removes a lot of variables and headaches from price negotiations. Also if it's a la carte then also you're unlikely to find one with the particular factory fitted options you want on the lot. You are at the mercy of what the dealer orders unless you do a custom build of your car.
The pricing of the NX while out is not 100% yet. Until you have a configuration available you really can't compare apples to apples other than maybe the base model. While the base starts at just below $35k you will find a nicely configured NX is around $40-42k MSRP. When the RDX MMC comes with an Advanced trim you will probably see it top out around 45-46k.

I did see an article that mentioned the wheel base is similar to the BMW X! / Audi Q3 while the overall length is similar to the RDX, X3, and Q5. They believe the storage capacity may be somewhere in the middle of the 2 different sized vehicles.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:28 PM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by S1LV3R-S4MUR41
The NX looks beautiful - I've really started taking to the body changes Lexus has made as of late. That being said, the NX looks sporty and nimble where as the RDX looks refined and elegant. To each their own.

With respect to dimensions, according to some quick research, the RDX has a longer wheelbase (1 inch), longer length (1 inch), and is wider (0.2 inches) than the NX. It's probably noticeably smaller
... The NX looks beautiful? Talk about the son of predator and alien; it is also totally out of proportions (grill, doors, rear)
Old 10-21-2014, 02:36 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BLEXV6
Oh I know how pricey Lexus cars can be (that's why there isn't one in the driveway right now, lol). I've been spoiled by factory ordering cars and that is one of the reasons that the Subaru Outback is on my list.

I imagine that I won't be bothered by the big package option scheme if the upcoming refresh brings more tech and refinement to the RDX.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by mindanalyzer
... The NX looks beautiful? Talk about the son of predator and alien; it is also totally out of proportions (grill, doors, rear)
Put it next to the BMW I3...it sure does!
Old 10-21-2014, 06:21 PM
Instructor

i3

I saw one i3 at the dealer and I was really impressed. I would even say that it is the most futuristic vehicle that I have EVER seen. It was also running pretty hot, at about 63K
Old 10-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by mindanalyzer
I saw one i3 at the dealer and I was really impressed. I would even say that it is the most futuristic vehicle that I have EVER seen. It was also running pretty hot, at about 63K
Futuristic...like the Pontiac Aztek...
https://www.google.com/search?q=pont...w=1440&bih=740
Old 10-21-2014, 09:17 PM
Instructor

i3

aztek fugly? damn, u a hater
Old 10-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
BTW, the interior and trunk space of the RDX is much better than the NX. In fact, the trunk space of the RDX is particularly much larger than that of the NX.

What the NX does better than the RDX is the interior design... the RDX design is pretty modern but plain, while the NX interior design is much more upscale and unique (in a good way!).
Old 10-21-2014, 09:47 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Originally Posted by ostrich
BTW, the interior and trunk space of the RDX is much better than the NX. In fact, the trunk space of the RDX is particularly much larger than that of the NX.

What the NX does better than the RDX is the interior design... the RDX design is pretty modern but plain, while the NX interior design is much more upscale and unique (in a good way!).
1+ to that. Per specs the trunk space is somewhere 17cu ft for NX vs 26.1 cu ft for RDX.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:21 AM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts
Acura and Lexus IMO make the best quality and most reliable vehicles. They are the two I would only own. The NX looks great and priced well but as previously mentioned with Lexus there many added packages to get it up to a RDX with Tech package. Where Lexus missed the boat with the NX is the butt ugly black plastic wheel well trim. The nav screen looks as if the designers forgot about the screen and added an aftermarket one velcroed to the top of the dash. The two toned interior again IMHO looks aweful. I like light color interiors not two toned. If I wanted black carpet and black door panels and black console side trim I would have ordered black seats.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus NX pricing details starting to leak-slide13.jpg  
Old 10-22-2014, 08:19 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by FredS
The two toned interior again IMHO looks aweful. I like light color interiors not two toned. If I wanted black carpet and black door panels and black console side trim I would have ordered black seats.
We've had similar color contrasts on a number of Volvos over the years. Apparently, it works for some of us I'll admit the black and cream/tan/beige looks pretty stark; but we have Calcite Cream w/off-black in our C70 currently.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:09 PM
Racer

I ran some numbers on what I would get for an NX vs. potential 2016 RDX.

NX:
200T Base - $35,990
AWD - $1400
Luxury Package - $4885
wireless charger - $220
Nav - $2140
Lane departure - $250
Blind Spot with OQ package - $660
Pre-collision - $900
Park Assist - $500
LED headlamps - $1160
Total - $48,105
Invoice (6% off MSRP) - $45,218

RDX (based on difference between Advanced and Tech trims in TLX):
RDX Advanced - $44,340
Trailer hitch - $520
Total - $44,860
Invoice (6% off MSRP) - $42,168

Different - $3,050

Used 2015 pricing for RDX Tech with an add on for Advanced based on note above. For 2016 it is likely that the price will increase between $100-$1000 which I didn't include that would narrow the difference between the 2 vehicles.

If this pricing is in line then Lexus may want to package up the safety stuff and include the LED headlamps in the Luxury package.

As for the cargo space I have a tough time believing the 17 cubic feet. My guess is that the cargo area is 66 inches wide, 24 inches long and 33 inches high which comes to 30 cubic feet. I did see one note that the 17 cubic feet is with rear seats all the way back (which may mean they can lean back or can push back to provide extra passenger room). It also can mean that the 2-3 inches on each side where it slopes up in the pic below may not be part of the measurement. As a comparison the Hyundai Tuscon provides 25 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats in place and it is smaller than the NX.

Last edited by wildeklave; 10-22-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:41 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Assuming your measurements and calculations are correct then then 17 cu ft may indeed be with the (?) sliding rear seats pushed all the way back. I've read somewhere in Lexus forums also people expressing doubts about the cargo space volume. May be they (Lexus) are purposefully underestimating the volume so that when people actually see the car ...wow it's got ample space...lets buy it .
Old 10-24-2014, 08:38 AM
Racer

Assuming your measurements and calculations are correct then then 17 cu ft may indeed be with the (?) sliding rear seats pushed all the way back. I've read somewhere in Lexus forums also people expressing doubts about the cargo space volume. May be they (Lexus) are purposefully underestimating the volume so that when people actually see the car ...wow it's got ample space...lets buy it .
I used the measurements of a 2005 Santa Fe and reduced by an inch or so in each area since it is a lower height.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
May be they (Lexus) are purposefully underestimating the volume so that when people actually see the car ...wow it's got ample space...lets buy it .
That'd be a pretty ineffective marketing tactic. Let's undersell and then pleasantly surprise them? Too many prospective customers narrow their lists by online research and comparisons. Lexus won't get a chance to surprise customers that won't even bother to test drive. Although capacity measurements may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, I have no doubt the 17.8 cu ft capacity is accurate. Just like the X1 (or any conventional wagon), floor space/square footage isn't awful, but limited roof height really hurts the cu ft rating.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:46 PM
Safety Car

Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
the pricing on the NX turns out to be somewhat reasonable. First off, the F Sport package is only a 2k upgrade, the least amount across the lexus lineup.

The way i priced it, is 40-41k inc. dealer cost, which will get you an F-Sport, awd, with premium package (moonroof, heated front seats, and LED headlights) no nav or nanny techs. i similarly optioned IS250 AWD would be a few grand more.

Although, if youre going all out on options, this does get pricey. Keep in mind, a sunroof isnt even standard. tri-led headlights (which you only see in photos) are a standalone $1,200 option if not packaged. a fully loaded vehicle breaks 45k easy.

the difference in base model prices between the NX and RDX is intentional, as i mentioned, the base NX doesnt even come with a sunroof. you are practically forced to get the premium package, as well as awd, which will slightly exceed the RDX. not to mention, a true "base" nsx will likely be unavailable at dealerships.

dollar for dollar, RDX is less. although i would never consider an RDX over the NX, at least not until i see the RDX refresh.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:28 AM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Meh, I'm not crazy about turbos or CVT's. I like my run of the mill naturally aspirated engines with their conventional transmissions. I would have bought a RX if the new ones weren't so expensive and if their used weren't so hard to come by.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:31 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ThermonMermon
the pricing on the NX turns out to be somewhat reasonable. First off, the F Sport package is only a 2k upgrade, the least amount across the lexus lineup.

The way i priced it, is 40-41k inc. dealer cost, which will get you an F-Sport, awd, with premium package (moonroof, heated front seats, and LED headlights) no nav or nanny techs. i similarly optioned IS250 AWD would be a few grand more.

Although, if youre going all out on options, this does get pricey. Keep in mind, a sunroof isnt even standard. tri-led headlights (which you only see in photos) are a standalone $1,200 option if not packaged. a fully loaded vehicle breaks 45k easy.

the difference in base model prices between the NX and RDX is intentional, as i mentioned, the base NX doesnt even come with a sunroof. you are practically forced to get the premium package, as well as awd, which will slightly exceed the RDX. not to mention, a true "base" nsx will likely be unavailable at dealerships.

dollar for dollar, RDX is less. although i would never consider an RDX over the NX, at least not until i see the RDX refresh.
I said it earlier, the base to base cost between a Lexus and Acura of competing models is about the same, until you dress them up and then the Lexus becomes way more expensive. Also as said above, the Turbo, however good it is will not be as smooth as the V6. I am surprised Lexus is even doing it. My wifer has the 2011 RDX and the biggest difference is the engine. The 11 is good, just not as good as the 14 I have. Lexus, looks like they are trying to get away from the smooth quiet dead zones of their vehicles into sporty. Not sure it will work for them. We shall see.

Last edited by BLEXV6; 11-22-2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:34 AM
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
I checked out the NX in person at the Motortrend auto show last Sunday and here's my review (200t F sport, all options). Forget it, not on my list anymore, interior is nice, but nothing extraordinary, very small inside, not spending $45K on something the size of a RAV4, seats bolstering were too tight and too firm, I'm 5'7, 200lbs, muscle guy, wide back... everything was squeezing me right away, seat bottom bolstering was very annoying, couldn't sit there more than 2 minutes, same with the back bolstering, this is good for skinny people, don't put a deposit on it unless you try it. It was a 200t F sport, but the seats were all black, not red/black like it was supposed to be, go figure. Cargo capacity sucked, depth was average, but height was really bad. Center seat seatbelt was not a traditional 3 point belt, it was a lap belt and the second belt was on the headliner, it was useless anyway as there is not even space for 3 adults back there, 2 adults plus one kid in the middle is all it can take, my PT cruiser has more room than that. Electronics were on so I played with that new pad thing, it was very jumpy, went from one icon to the other like crazy, can't imagine driving and using that at the same time, I played with the Santa Fe 8" touchscreen they had there and it was great, look, touch and you're there, no fussing around to get what you want, gotta love touchscreen displays within reach, Hyundai did a great job with that setup. NX steering wheel was very small too, like a sports car, felt weird. looked great outside, very nice and all, it was a 200t F for sure, because it had paddle shifters and the predator grille, grille was nice and shinny, but flimsy and plastic, I was pushing on it and it felt like I could have easily cracked it by pushing hard on it, didn't expect that from Lexus, I thought it would have been metal and rigid, unless I am mistaken because it was big and perhaps it moved easily in since it is so big and has a lot of give, somebody else can check it out too and report on it. I sat in the RDX and it was very comfy, bolstering/width was perfect, I could have sat there all day, if the 2016 RDX is changed for the better I'll get a lease on it for sure, everything was off so I didn't get to play with the interface, but I test drove one 2 years ago and it was quick as hell off the line, performance was great. Still thinking about a 2013 Santa Fe Sport, base model used is 20K or so, I'll put a 8" Compass-Nav unit in there if I don't qualify for a lease or don't have enough down payment cash for an RDX, but the NX is out of my mind for sure. Anyone one else test driving an NX, post here please.

Last edited by Joe Las Vegas; 12-02-2014 at 03:37 AM.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Racer

It is tough to compare these vehicles at this point other than a few real world observations like the poster above.

The Lexus USA site does not allow you to configure the vehicle to see what your price would be for the options you want. On top of that while Lexus says it has been released in the US I am hearing the dealers are only getting a few NX's for their December sales event. It is like a soft opening for a hotel or movie where it is out there but not mainstream yet. I do believe the poster above was checking out an F Sport trim which may be different from the normal trim for comfort.

For Acura there is the refresh in the Spring so we can't compare features yet since many of the comparable features will be part of the 2016 refresh.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:11 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pricing details are available on the Canadian website (in $Can, of course). Base price is $40,950, and an F Sport is $50,350 or $53,350, depending on the package. The hybrid is $58,850. That F Sport is expensive!
Old 12-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
You can configure for price from edmunds. Outside this forum, people don't compare this to rdx. Acura is not a luxury brand, so not a match to Lexus.
Feature-wised speaking, rdx is still behind Santa Fe.
Hope 2016 bring rdx equal or above Hyundai level.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Acura not a luxury brand, seriously!
Old 12-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
I think you'll find that Acura, Lexus and Infiniti are absolutely compared to each other by any serious buyer in the segment. Just because one is not quite as luxurious as another doesn't mean that one is not a luxury brand.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:35 AM
Safety Car

Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by wildeklave
It is tough to compare these vehicles at this point other than a few real world observations like the poster above.

The Lexus USA site does not allow you to configure the vehicle to see what your price would be for the options you want. On top of that while Lexus says it has been released in the US I am hearing the dealers are only getting a few NX's for their December sales event. It is like a soft opening for a hotel or movie where it is out there but not mainstream yet. I do believe the poster above was checking out an F Sport trim which may be different from the normal trim for comfort.

For Acura there is the refresh in the Spring so we can't compare features yet since many of the comparable features will be part of the 2016 refresh.
After endless hours of stalking out the NX on forums and reviews, i too have officially crossed it off the list for similar feedback. And i havent even seen it yet! A small part of me doesnt even want to see it because the looks are too tempting for what it actually is. The rav4 has more usability for significantly less.

Holding out for new edge limited w upgrade interior quality...and the rdx refresh...

I just hope the rdx refresh does not mean im paying the same, or slightly more, for an I4. From what ive noticed, the longer you wait on new acura models, the lesser content/value you get. Theyve been taking more things out than putting in, to get back to the same profit margins they once had.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus NX pricing details starting to leak