Emergency braking

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 09:24 PM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
Emergency braking

I have been driving my wife's 2017 Advanced RDX on and off for a year. Although I many times saw the warning BRAKE orange warning on the dashboard, the car never stopped on its own (When I use ACC, the car would brake if the car in front would get too close all of a sudden though).
Today while driving in the city, the car actually stopped on its own with very loud ABS pulsating noise almost right after I accelerated after the traffic light turned to green but the car in front, stopped all of a sudden. I tried to reproduce the condition, but the RDX never stoooed again on its own.
So now I am puzzled. Does the car have the emergency braking feature or not?
The salesman at the time of delivery said that it didn't, but he also said many things that were not correct about the car so I don't value much what he said.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:31 AM
Inveterate Tinkerer

Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts
Lalin,

I have the same year/model. Check page 322 of your owner's manual. Notice a speed differential is a factor whether the system engages or not and, yes, you do have the collision mitigation braking system.

Cheers!
The following users liked this post:
Lalin (08-26-2017)
Old 08-26-2017, 08:00 AM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Gadgetjq
Lalin,

I have the same year/model. Check page 322 of your owner's manual. Notice a speed differential is a factor whether the system engages or not and, yes, you do have the collision mitigation braking system.

Cheers!
Hi Gadget, that was exactly it. Thanks