Acura lease turn in

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 08:19 AM
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Acura lease turn in

Can an Acura leased vehicle be turned into a Honda dealer if buying or leasing a Honda?
I don't think that can be done.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:35 AM
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
I was told by a dealer sales person recently that I'm supposed to contact the Acura Financial people to arrange the turn-in. They arrange the inspection and end-of-lease stuff. This is not what I expected. Of course, if you get another Acura or Honda the selling dealer would be most happy to take care of it.

Acura Financial = Honda Financial.

Keep us informed!
Old 03-31-2017, 08:39 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by CanTex
I was told by a dealer sales person recently that I'm supposed to contact the Acura Financial people to arrange the turn-in. They arrange the inspection and end-of-lease stuff. This is not what I expected. Of course, if you get another Acura or Honda the selling dealer would be most happy to take care of it.

Acura Financial = Honda Financial.

Keep us informed!
Thanks for the reply.
The questions is not for me. I'm in the RDX one year so I have 2 to go or a bit less if I go Acura again.
I was asked this by a relative and I didn't know the answer.I thought it may be possible if buying or leasing a Honda.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 303 Likes on 211 Posts
If your turning a lease back in to just walk away, you can go to either a Honda or Acura dealer since (as was said earlier) the finance companies are related. If, on the other hand, you're turning it in early to get another car (lease or buy), essentially you're trading the car in, and they calculate your financial standing by taking the value of the car from what the amount owed on the lease is. Sometimes the car depreciates faster and you're upside down (even in a lease), other times it depreciates more slowly and you may actually have equity in the car. Anyway, any dealer can do a trade that way, since essentially they're buying out your lease and then keeping the car.

If you are turning it in, you do have to have it inspected, and Acura leasing arranges that when you contact them - then you turn the car into a Honda or Acura dealer.

andy
Old 03-31-2017, 03:07 PM
Racer

I'm talking end of lease turn in.
I understand how the trade in goes but most lease residuals are much higher than the trade in value.
Especially if one negotiated the lease well to get a smaller lease payment.
I would think it can be done but the person asking me lease is over in May.She said she was told she would have to turn the vehicle in at Acura.I thought a Honda dealer would take the Acura end of lease in because she wants to lease a Honda.I guess she'll have to find out for sure from a Honda dealer when ready.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:17 AM
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
Have a friend drive her from the Acura dealer to the Honda dealer? I discovered in January that the residual value of my car in October is higher than pre-"Internet discounts" values in January (click here and we'll call you in 30 seconds with your special price), and actual transaction prices will certainly be down a lot by October turn-in time. We have committed to getting back to one car and my failing hip hates low cars, but that Black Copper Pearl baby is such a cool, sweet car. I will miss it. October and walk-away it must be.

We'll call Acura Financial in September and do what they tell us.

Last edited by CanTex; 04-01-2017 at 08:20 AM.