2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12

Old 01-15-2018, 12:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
I'll bet you're describing the advanced package for the HUD and ventilated seats and ELS 3D. Pricing will be interesting to say the least - I don't get a "value" vibe from this.
Originally Posted by fiatlux
I for one am glad. If a buyer wants value, they can get the CRV Touring, which in its own right is a very good car. Providing a value variant of the RDX would likely cannibalize a good chunk of those CRV Touring sales.
See... and I think that's the internal struggle that Acura, along with everyone else, faces everyday. Creating that balance between tech and price. We bitched the 2G RDX needed more stuff. So now we are getting more stuff and now people are saying "will shit, it seems expensive now"

I have zero issues with Acura raising prices and heading up market. I can afford it and if the future offerings are as promising as this RDX, I'm all game for signing a check over to them. I'd actually prefer they drop some of the entry level customers, to be honest. Either way, I can't imagine them raising the price for the RDX more than 2-3k, overall. They still need to consider who their target market is.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:47 PM
not superchaged

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
You have a good point. I would think the digital gauges are going to be OK in the cold given how Audi's virtual cockpit seems to be doing fine.

To be honest digital gauges are not that important as long as you have a heads-up display but even without it the gauges are not something anybody looks at for a prolonged period of time. For me it's merely a cool factor.

I'm lucky that I live in a place that hits 80 degrees in the winter. I had my AC on last night lol

Originally Posted by TacoBello
I'm actually curious... how do these clusters work when it is super cold out? Is there any lag in their display? If so, for that reason alone, I'd prefer the analog gauges. If the RDX has analog gauges now, I bet by the MMC it will be full digital. They may very well be saving it for down the line. If they gave us everything now, how will they entice buyers in 3-4 years, to keep buying the RDX? Either way... when I wanted a Golf R, not getting the digital display until 2017 was kind of a bummer. But on this thing, I'm totally ok with it. No idea why. I admit, a total double standard, haha.
The following users liked this post:
TacoBello (01-15-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 12:49 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Cnet

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/a...touchpad-tech/

Acura RDX brings bold styling, touchpad tech to Detroit

Fresh-faced and bursting with new tech for 2019, Acura's popular RDX SUV points the way for the future of the brand.
January 15, 2018 8:20 AM PST
Acura
Despite record sales the last 3 years, as a brand, Acura has largely struggled to find the momentum and brand recognition of its rivals. Crossover SUVs have been the brand's saving grace, though, and this all-new 2019 RDX looks poised to kick things into another gear for Honda's luxury division.

Actually, "another gear" might not be giving this new RDX enough credit. While the outgoing generation had a 6-speed automatic transmission, the 2019 model ups the cog count by 4, for a full 10 speeds. That theme -- doing more than expected -- is carried throughout the vehicle. New styling language, new platform, new engine, new all-wheel-drive tech, new infotainment, new attitude. In other words, the prototype seen here isn't just a new-generation RDX, it's a beacon of where the brand is going.

This is the 1st new Acura to fully embrace the styling language set forth by the Precision Concept show car that debuted at last year's Detroit Auto Show. The new design direction finally sounds the death knell for the various iterations of Acura's widely panned shield grille nose, substituting Acura's new "diamond pentagon" face instead. That look was also previewed on the recently updated 2018 RLX sedan, but the RDX embraces the new language much more fully, as evidenced in its more purposefully sculpted sheetmetal and light clusters. Having spent a couple of hours pawing around this prototype at a studio ahead of its Detroit reveal, I can say that I much prefer the RDX's new look to its predecessor. While I would stop short of calling it "beautiful," it looks taut, athletic, and is filled with expensive-looking details.

The RDX's interior represents no less a radical rethink, with a completely new floating center stack and infotainment system. The control array is dominated by a large silver Dynamic Mode selector knob, which affords access to the vehicle's Sport, Sport+, Comfort and Snow settings. The dial itself is unusually prominent, both in its size and location. This area of the dashboard is considered beachfront real estate by car designers, and it's space that's normally reserved for key functions like audio, HVAC and infotainment.

It's no coincidence that the only other Acura with this type of control setup is the NSX -- the company is clearly looking to telegraph that this RDX is sporty. While I appreciate the gesture and love dynamic driving experiences, I suspect owners would've been better served had Acura designers used that space for a more frequently-used control. At the end of the day, the RDX is a family-oriented luxury crossover, not a sports car.
Enlarge Image
The 2019 RDX's cabin is all-new, including infotainment.

Acura
Speaking of new controls, the RDX is the first car to feature Acura's new True Touchpad interface. Sitting on the transmission tunnel ahead of the pushbutton gear selector, its claim to fame is "absolute positioning" -- the touchpad and the main screen have a 1-to-1relationship, so if you touch the pad in the upper right corner, it'll be the upper right corner on the screen, and so on. Unlike some competing systems, there should be minimal need for swiping to-and-fro (although the touchpad does support pinch and zoom and multitouch functionality).

In my limited in-studio exploration of the system, it seemed to be significantly more intuitive than Lexus' Remote Touch equivalent, but still perhaps less so than a conventional touchscreen (it is a shorter reach, admittedly). The real test will be how easy it is to use the touchpad while driving.

Of course, if you never warm to the True Touchpad, you may just want to speak your commands instead: Acura says the RDX's voice recognition system is much improved, allowing for more casual speech.
Enlarge Image
The True Touchpad interface will be the new RDX's make-or-break feature.

Acura
Overall, the cabin appears significantly more modern and luxurious than today's RDX, with nicer switchgear and authentic materials (what feels like metal is actual metal, what feels like wood is actual wood, etc.). There's even some particularly nice design work, including curved matte-finish veneer panels on the door reminiscent of similar pieces on the outgoing Audi A7. Acura isn't disclosing interior and cargo dimensions just yet, but promises that cabin room is improved.

I did have the chance to test out the new Panasonic-developed 6-channel, 710-watt Acura ELS Studio 3D stereo system in the static, non-running vehicle, and found its clarity and imaging to be excellent, with vocals delivered nicely at ear level in part because of four novel in-ceiling speakers that sit astride the standard panoramic moonroof. Let's hope the company's engineers have done their homework on keeping the cabin quiet so that it's possible to enjoy the system's high fidelity.
Enlarge Image
The new RDX's rear end looks much sportier and more dynamic than its predecessor.

Acura
On the powertrain front, Acura has nixed its 3.5-liter naturally aspirated V6 in favor of a 2.0-liter turbocharged four backed by the aforementioned 10-speed automatic. Acura isn't disclosing output or efficiency metrics yet, but I've driven and liked this powertrain combination before in the new Accord, and expect similarly refined operation here.

Front-wheel drive will be standard, with optional foul-weather security coming courtesy of a next-generation version of Acura's torque-vectoring Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive. The system features a redesigned rear differential that allows for it to handle 150 percent more torque. Coupled with an engine that should have more of that torque located down low in the rev range, I'm anticipating 0-60 times in around 6 seconds flat.

Naturally, a full slate of active safety features will be on offer -- collision mitigation braking, adaptive cruise control and lane-keep assist will all be standard (previously they were part of an options bundle). Other features, including a birds-eye 360-degree camera system will be optional.

The new-generation RDX will continue to be built in Acura's East Liberty, Ohio plant. No word on pricing yet, but the model is expected in showrooms midyear.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:56 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
A significant price increase in the RDX would close the price gap between the RDX and the MDX and put RDX customers like me into an MDX. If Acura RDX had a larger % of the market perhaps they could get away with a bigger price increase, However they don't and they won't. Their customers are the people who can't afford/ don't want to spend that kind of money for a BMW X3, Audi Q5 or Lexus NX. If they close the gap between them and their competition they may drive (no pun intended) over to them. It is Acura's plan to acquire a larger share of the market with this 2019 RDX.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:08 PM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
See... and I think that's the internal struggle that Acura, along with everyone else, faces everyday. Creating that balance between tech and price. We bitched the 2G RDX needed more stuff. So now we are getting more stuff and now people are saying "will shit, it seems expensive now"

I have zero issues with Acura raising prices and heading up market. I can afford it and if the future offerings are as promising as this RDX, I'm all game for signing a check over to them. I'd actually prefer they drop some of the entry level customers, to be honest. Either way, I can't imagine them raising the price for the RDX more than 2-3k, overall. They still need to consider who their target market is.
Actually we're in agreement here - I think a price increase would be merited - that's what I mean by not getting a value vibe. That said - as was noted elsewhere they need to be careful to slot it below the MDX so they can't increase the pricing too much. I think an Advanced SH-AWD in the 47K range wouldn't be egregious.
TacoBello (01-15-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 01:09 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FreddyBeach
A significant price increase in the RDX would close the price gap between the RDX and the MDX and put RDX customers like me into an MDX. If Acura RDX had a larger % of the market perhaps they could get away with a bigger price increase, However they don't and they won't. Their customers are the people who can't afford/ don't want to spend that kind of money for a BMW X3, Audi Q5 or Lexus NX. If they close the gap between them and their competition they may drive (no pun intended) over to them. It is Acura's plan to acquire a larger share of the market with this 2019 RDX.
All good points. Perhaps there will be more *value* in pricing than I'm giving them credit for. Cheesy, I was thinking $47, 500 myself...
Old 01-15-2018, 01:38 PM
Uber-Acura-Oakley

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like it. Key points for me to me putting down a deposit on new RDX:

1. Return of the SH-AWD. Finally.
2. Turbo engine variant from the Civic Type-R
3. Wider track and longer wheelbase.

Having watched the video on this, it was also good to hear that Acura is bringing back the "Type-S" moniker back to their fold over the next few years. Hopefully, this will guarantee higher HP/Torque engines rather than simply adding body cladding.

I still own the first gen RDX and still enjoy spirited and hard driving. In addition, having owned Integras and CLs in the past, here's crossing fingers that performance for the RDX will add lost "mojo" with the Acura brand. The NSX may be the halo for Acura but the Legend and the Integra is what made Acura.

Will be paying a visit to my Acura dealer shortly for sure...
Old 01-15-2018, 01:40 PM
Advanced

When Acura dropped the SH-AWD technology in favor of the less expensive CR-V AWD system, the front/ rear traction was 75%/ 25%. In 2016 Acura changed/ improved this to 60%/ 40%. Now that the 2019 RDX will have SH-AWD, does anyone have any idea how this will affect front/rear traction if, indeed, it will affect it at all?
Old 01-15-2018, 01:44 PM
Team Owner

It will likely still remain FWD biased, I'm betting. It's Acura's M.O.
FreddyBeach (01-15-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 01:48 PM
Advanced

Now that I think about it, you are most likely correct there. When AWD is not needed the vehicle operates in FWD mode only, providing better gas mileage. Thanks for your reply, TacoBello
Old 01-15-2018, 01:49 PM
not superchaged

One thing that might be a problem from the looks of it is the position of the cup holder in relation so the infotainment control pad. I wonder how it will play out when but cup holders are filled. From the looks of it two large drinks will get in the way of the control pad.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
Expect the RDX 2.0T to slot in between the Accord and the Type R. It doesn't need high horsepower at redline like the R, yet they'll crank the boost one or two ticks, just to differentiate it above the Accord, I'm betting. If I had to guess, I could see them rate it at like 270hp/270lbft. Actual numbers will be higher, just like with the R and Accord.

Anyone who was expecting Acura exclusive engines, or anything of the like, clearly don't understand Acura at all. And never have. They NEED to share shit with Honda. Honda is one of the only remaining car companies to not be owned by someone else. In order for them to keep that going, they NEED to share shit as much as possible with Acura. And I am totally ok with that- so long as they show some decent differentiation between the two brands.

The new RDX platform is still based on the CRV. They just stretched it in width and length to call it exclusive. That was a bit misleading in my mind. Though it may have more structural rigidity over the CRV, with additional braces, etc (just guessing). But... I'm ok with it. I think. At least at this point. The RDX is way above the CRV in so many ways, I'm ok if they share a stretched platform.
With the 1G RDX they also called it an “exclusive platform” compared to the CRV because it had extra bracing so I agree it is misleading.

When Acura dropped the SH-AWD technology in favor of the less expensive CR-V AWD system, the front/ rear traction was 75%/ 25%. In 2016 Acura changed/ improved this to 60%/ 40%. Now that the 2019 RDX will have SH-AWD, does anyone have any idea how this will affect front/rear traction if, indeed, it will affect it at all?
The RDX and all other SH-AWD vehicles run mostly fwd in most scenarios. With SH-AWD the front-rear torque split is still 90f/10r but can send up to 70% of power to the rear. The current RDX can send 25-40% to the rear but it is only doing that when front wheels slip. Now on another topic! Holy hell guys! 16 way seats?!?! Those seats looked like they could adjust the thigh support but I seen no buttons so didn’t believe it but there it is in the press release. Nappa leather AND 16 way seats in an RDX!! I’m absolutely in love with this thing. Thank god for no ZF9 and also the interior has grown on me, I am in love with that floating dash design. There is so much super car heritage in that interior design. I don’t know why it gives me lamborghini urus vibes. Very very impressed and it just keeps getting better. Also I knew that was real wood and aluminum, thank god Acura is done with painted silver plastic!!
a35tl (01-15-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 01:56 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
I certainly hope they have waterproofed the touchpad as the buttons in my 07 Audi Q7 would become fouled if drinks spilled on them(similar proximity to the cup holders). This was a $1,200 mistake in the case of the Audi....
Old 01-15-2018, 01:58 PM
Team Owner

It might be one of those things we just have to accept. I have the same issue in my ancient 3G TL. If I have decent sized drinks in the cup holder, it's annoying as fuck to reach for the 6MT shifter. I'm generally a function over form kind of guy- why I don't like lowering my cars and stuff. But I dunno.. I like the looks of the centre stack on the RDX.

Also, personally, I don't think I'd use the touch pad much. I'd prefer to touch the screen. It's not that far from The driver (first world problems? )

if anything, I'd use the screen for most everything and just have a microfibre cloth in the drivers side door, to wipe smudges off it. The actual touch pad seems like a better place to store a cellphone. Is there any word about wireless charging?
Old 01-15-2018, 02:01 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by RDX10
With the 1G RDX they also called it an “exclusive platform” compared to the CRV because it had extra bracing so I agree it is misleading.

The RDX and all other SH-AWD vehicles run mostly fwd in most scenarios. With SH-AWD the front-rear torque split is still 90f/10r but can send up to 70% of power to the rear. The current RDX can send 25-40% to the rear but it is only doing that when front wheels slip. Now on another topic! Holy hell guys! 16 way seats?!?! Those seats looked like they could adjust the thigh support but I seen no buttons so didn’t believe it but there it is in the press release. Nappa leather AND 16 way seats in an RDX!! I’m absolutely in love with this thing. Thank god for no ZF9 and also the interior has grown on me, I am in love with that floating dash design. There is so much super car heritage in that interior design. I don’t know why it gives me lamborghini urus vibes. Very very impressed and it just keeps getting better. Also I knew that was real wood and aluminum, thank god Acura is done with painted silver plastic!!
But is there enough data on the new 10-speed to know if it going to be good, or just another bumble in the Honda automatic transmission line?
Old 01-15-2018, 02:06 PM
NJT

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
First off, this is the most excited I have been about an Acura since the 2004 TL came out. It's a very well thought out and striking cohesive design, and the interior seems to be a massive step up. With that said, I have several items I would like to talk more about and wondered if someone could create a new forum/thread for the 3rd Gen RDX. Its getting difficult sifting through this megathread and following all the dialogue.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:09 PM
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
What do you guys expect out of the "Type A" version?

Also, i'm assuming the GPS does real time traffic? It's astonishing how many relatively new luxury cars dont do RT traffic!
Old 01-15-2018, 02:24 PM
Advanced

I am not sure what RT traffic is all about, but I am only assume the navigation/ GPS shows you where there are excessive traffic/ traffic jams etc. My 2016 RDX - TECH has those capabilities now, but I assume anyone with the same model has them also.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by chickdr
But is there enough data on the new 10-speed to know if it going to be good, or just another bumble in the Honda automatic transmission line?
See that is where I honestly don’t know. We all know about Hondas infamous 5AT history in the early 2000’s which took them WAY too long to rectify and is why I would never touch a Honda/Acura with the 5AT from 1998-2004/5. However when they switched from the 5AT to the 6AT around 2010 they never had those issues and when they made the 7/8/9 DCT they also never had the same issues. So I think it’s fair to say Honda has gotten better at making transmissions. They are also using it in the Accord and the odyssey so I would wait a year and see what people are saying. Personally what worries me is that the 10AT is rated to handle 275lb/ft only, the 2.0T is likely to be making close to those numbers and whenever companies pair engines and transmissions with incompatible power capactities a lot of issues arise obviously. I like to see much larger cushions in power capacities so long term longevity is in the air right now.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
I sure do like the sound of 40% more torques.

Old 01-15-2018, 02:28 PM
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
I am not sure what RT traffic is all about, but I am only assume the navigation/ GPS shows you where there are excessive traffic/ traffic jams etc. My 2016 RDX - TECH has those capabilities now, but I assume anyone with the same model has them also.
went car shopping this year..surprisingly a lot of cars (such as the 2017 lexus NX) don't do real time traffic. So it tells you how long it will take to get there based only on KM, which is complete stupidity. You still need to pull out your phone and use google maps to see how long it will ACTUALLY take you. I feel like a GPS that can't monitor traffic is a useless GPS!
Old 01-15-2018, 02:32 PM
not superchaged

I'm thinking the A-spec would be cosmetic and handling upgrades like with the TLX

The Type-S would get a power upgrade.

Just say it, RDX A-Spec Type-S SH-AWD

Originally Posted by SK1124
What do you guys expect out of the "Type A" version?

Also, i'm assuming the GPS does real time traffic? It's astonishing how many relatively new luxury cars dont do RT traffic!
Old 01-15-2018, 02:32 PM
Advanced

Anyone have any indication who makes the Navigation System for the current generation of RDX? For some reason I believe that it is TomTom. If so, a change to Garmin definitely would be an improvement in the 2019 model.

On another note, during the debut of the 2019 RDX at the Detroit Auto Show this morning, the Acura spokesperson did state that they were working on a V6 turbo engine for future use.

Last edited by FreddyBeach; 01-15-2018 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:37 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Red face Vid

The following 5 users liked this post by TSX69:
HotRodW (01-15-2018), mattski (01-15-2018), MHarnois (01-15-2018), Rolf65 (01-15-2018), ZipSpeed (01-15-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 02:43 PM
Volvo Defector

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
Now that I think about it, you are most likely correct there. When AWD is not needed the vehicle operates in FWD mode only, providing better gas mileage. Thanks for your reply, TacoBello
I'm not sure about the existing RDX generation with CRV's AWD, but the SH-AWD in my 2015 TLX hardly ever shows just the front wheels on the MID showing real time power, the rear wheels also always show power going to them. While the front wheels generally always show more power going to them(more power bars show up on the front wheels vs rear wheels in the mid display), the real wheels usually always have power even with the slightest touch to the gas pedal. I'm almost positive there is no decoupling of the driveshaft on SH-AWD to save fuel economy in our Acura's.
Its full time SH-AWD.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by HotRodW
I sure do like the sound of 40% more torques.

It’s not 40% more torque, it’s 40% more low end torque.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:24 PM
Burning Brakes

It’s not 40% more torque, it’s 40% more low end torque.
That makes sense, but that's not how it's being reported - at least not by Carscoops.

"Things don’t start and end on a styling front. Underneath the skin, Honda has made use of an all-new platform and extended the wheelbase by a generous 2.5-inches. Additionally, a 2.0-liter VTEC turbocharged four-cylinder engine that’s mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission comes as standard. The 2.0-liter has 40 per cent more torque than the outgoing RDX."

2019 Acura RDX Prototype (Almost) Ready For The Road

What point in the rev range defines "low end" anyway?
Old 01-15-2018, 03:38 PM
Volvo Defector

That makes sense, but that's not how it's being reported - at least not by Carscoops.

"Things don’t start and end on a styling front. Underneath the skin, Honda has made use of an all-new platform and extended the wheelbase by a generous 2.5-inches. Additionally, a 2.0-liter VTEC turbocharged four-cylinder engine that’s mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission comes as standard. The 2.0-liter has 40 per cent more torque than the outgoing RDX."

Most 2.0T nowadays tend to have peak torque start as low as 1,250rpm and be consistent up to 4 or 5,000rpm. This is the polar opposite of the peak torque in the existing RDX V6 which happens higher up around 5,000+ rpm. In other words, when you smash the gas pedal, you hit peak power instantly from a dig vs. existing RDX which takes some time to get up the rev range. Low end is typically 1-2k rpm, mid range is 3-4k and high end is 5k+.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:43 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by reddogTL
Most 2.0T nowadays tend to have peak torque start as low as 1,250rpm and be consistent up to 4 or 5,000rpm. This is the polar opposite of the peak torque in the existing RDX V6 which happens higher up around 5,000+ rpm. In other words, when you smash the gas pedal, you hit peak power instantly from a dig vs. existing RDX which takes some time to get up the rev range. Low end is typically 1-2k rpm, mid range is 3-4k and high end is 5k+.
I heard or read that peak torque will be 1800 on the 2019 RDX.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:45 PM
Suzuka Master

What he said. Also despite what carscoops has said, every other news outlet is stating “40% increase in low end torque”. I do not see the RDX having 350 lb/ft any time now.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:30 PM
6 Forward 1 Back

Received 312 Likes on 155 Posts
Aspec might look like this:

Old 01-15-2018, 04:35 PM
Pro

If they get 352 ft/lbs out of the 2.0T I would be shocked and amazed. Especially since the 10-sp auto is supposedly limited to 275ft/lbs.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:39 PM
Volvo Defector

What he said. Also despite what carscoops has said, every other news outlet is stating “40% increase in low end torque”. I do not see the RDX having 350 lb/ft any time now.
If we can find a dyno chart for the J35Z2 engine in the RDX completely stock and look at the low end torque numbers, add 40% to those numbers to get an idea of how much of a boost it will get.
I dont think any of the big players K&N, Takeda, etc. made an intake for the RDX to see their own dyno numbers. However, I think the 2008-2012 Honda Accord also had the J35Z2 engine(tuned to use regular fuel) so slightly less hp/tq numbers. But here's K&N's dyno chart of that engine: https://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/69-1210_dyno.pdf

Unfortunately the torque numbers dont start registering until a little under 3k RPM, but you kind of get an idea

I'm curious to see Hondata come out with reflashes for the 2.0T coming in the RDX. I'm sure they will be able to add even more power to that powertrain combo. Especially after seeing what they were able to do with the new Turbo's in the latest Civic.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:14 PM
Suzuka Master

If we can find a dyno chart for the J35Z2 engine in the RDX completely stock and look at the low end torque numbers, add 40% to those numbers to get an idea of how much of a boost it will get.
I dont think any of the big players K&N, Takeda, etc. made an intake for the RDX to see their own dyno numbers. However, I think the 2008-2012 Honda Accord also had the J35Z2 engine(tuned to use regular fuel) so slightly less hp/tq numbers. But here's K&N's dyno chart of that engine: https://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/69-1210_dyno.pdf

Unfortunately the torque numbers dont start registering until a little under 3k RPM, but you kind of get an idea

I'm curious to see Hondata come out with reflashes for the 2.0T coming in the RDX. I'm sure they will be able to add even more power to that powertrain combo. Especially after seeing what they were able to do with the new Turbo's in the latest Civic.
The only issue here as I’ve mentioned above is the torque rating of the 10 speed. Honda says it can handle upto 275lb/ft. So Hondata has their hands tied because they can’t really up the power anymore. Now from what I understand Honda underrates their turbo engines a lot so maybe that 275lb/ft number is false too? I really don’t know.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Acura listened to me! They put a HUD in the RDX! *snif* they love me....

Every Acura should have a HUD as an option. Fell in love with the feature in my RLX Sport Hybrid.

The new RDX prototype looks AMAZING. Simply, amazing. Acura has hit a home run here looks-wise. I so hope they don't change much for production. So far, the features seem pretty decent too.

Acura!
The following 2 users liked this post by neuronbob:
a35tl (01-15-2018), CheeseyPoofs McNut (01-16-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 05:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chickdr
If they get 352 ft/lbs out of the 2.0T I would be shocked and amazed. Especially since the 10-sp auto is supposedly limited to 275ft/lbs.
That torque limit was in FWD guise. One of the articles I read today indicated that the new SH-AWD rear differential can handle 40% more torque. Why would they beef up the diff if the gearbox can't handle it?
Old 01-15-2018, 05:56 PM
Advanced

Smile

Originally Posted by neuronbob
Acura listened to me! They put a HUD in the RDX! *snif* they love me....

Every Acura should have a HUD as an option. Fell in love with the feature in my RLX Sport Hybrid.

The new RDX prototype looks AMAZING. Simply, amazing. Acura has hit a home run here looks-wise. I so hope they don't change much for production. So far, the features seem pretty decent too.

Acura!
If Acura plans on having the 2019 for sale on dealers lots by mid-summer as they mentioned, I do believe that what we saw is pretty much what we will get. Acura has 6 months to ramp up production and get the vehicles shipped to dealer's lots across North America. Not much time for them to make many changes before production starts. Where the heck is the factory anyway? Surely there must be someone on here who lives near the factory who could keep and eye on what's happening there and report back to us!. :-)
Old 01-15-2018, 06:37 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
If Acura plans on having the 2019 for sale on dealers lots by mid-summer as they mentioned, I do believe that what we saw is pretty much what we will get. Acura has 6 months to ramp up production and get the vehicles shipped to dealer's lots across North America. Not much time for them to make many changes before production starts. Where the heck is the factory anyway? Surely there must be someone on here who lives near the factory who could keep and eye on what's happening there and report back to us!. :-)
People in Ohio.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
I suspect the released RDX will be identical inside and tamed down front and possible rear bumpers and different side mirrors. I do easily see a loaded RDX AWD easily touches $50K and maybe goes above it, but look at a loaded Lexus RX and you get well into the $50s
Old 01-15-2018, 06:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
I suspect the released RDX will be identical inside and tamed down front and possible rear bumpers and different side mirrors. I do easily see a loaded RDX AWD easily touches $50K and maybe goes above it, but look at a loaded Lexus RX and you get well into the $50s
my best guess is 45k for fwd advance 47k for awd advance

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12