2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12

Old 01-04-2018, 11:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
Glad to see you around RDX10!!!I have to agree... I can't stand the lack of lower midrange torque in my 2008 TL... My 07 RDX would eat it alive.... This is exactly why I'm no longer sad to see Honda slowly drop the V6 from their lineup... It's a nice engine, sounds great, smooth, like all Honda engines, but to be blunt, almost anything with more than 2.0 liters would beat it off the line, including a 2.4 Accord IMO... I don't know... But I like it more when Honda does turbos... On a side note... RDX10, been looking at Sorento's, really getting to like them, a lot like my old Sportage in solid steering feel...
I still pop in here and there to see updates on current Acura models. With so many rumours about the 3G RDX I am very excited to see what comes up. Namely fingers are crossed for the return of SH-AWD. The J35 was a solid engine for Honda for over 20 years now and it s time it goes away and gets replaced by a much more modern engine setup. My favourite thing about the J-series was the sound. My J37 in my MDX sounded like a V8 under WOT and the sound alone put a smile on my face everytime I hit that VTEC lol. In terms of the Sorento, let me finally get back to your PM sometime today and I have a couple things to share about it.

Originally Posted by mrgold35
I've heard rumors of a mini NSX and the 3.0T was being developed for this. I can see a de-tuned version of the 3.0T for the RLX and MDX down the road. Acura might even up the 3.0T hp/tq for an A-spec, Type S, and/or Type R TLX.

Acura has more than enough tech and a very full parts bin to have two variations of the 3rd Gen RDX in a Luxury and sporty forms: This is pretty much the difference between the Lexus NX (sport) and RX (luxury) and I would imagine Lexus yearly sells of these two models combined are very close to Acura RDX/MDX with the addition of having the Luxus GX and LX to snag additional sells Acura can't even touch. How many figgen versions do they have for the accord and civic with just minor tweeks and Acura folks just get a choice of I-4 or V-6 and fwd or (sh)awd for the exact same platforms.
This has been something I have mentioned numerous times on here. The shitty engine variety in the Acura lineup is a joke. For example the RDX only ever offered either the 2.3T or V6. The Q5 at one point offered a 2.0t, 3.0 diesel, 3.0T, Hybrid, and 3.0T higher tuned model all at the same time!! Now I think that was overkill, but what I would like to see is at least 2 engine options across rhe whole lineup. One more tuned towards performance and the other towards luxury. You could argue that Acura knows this because we have the hybrid MDX/RLX for performance and then normal models for everything else.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:55 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10
I still pop in here and there to see updates on current Acura models. With so many rumours about the 3G RDX I am very excited to see what comes up. Namely fingers are crossed for the return of SH-AWD. The J35 was a solid engine for Honda for over 20 years now and it s time it goes away and gets replaced by a much more modern engine setup. My favourite thing about the J-series was the sound. My J37 in my MDX sounded like a V8 under WOT and the sound alone put a smile on my face everytime I hit that VTEC lol. In terms of the Sorento, let me finally get back to your PM sometime today and I have a couple things to share about it.

This has been something I have mentioned numerous times on here. The shitty engine variety in the Acura lineup is a joke. For example the RDX only ever offered either the 2.3T or V6. The Q5 at one point offered a 2.0t, 3.0 diesel, 3.0T, Hybrid, and 3.0T higher tuned model all at the same time!! Now I think that was overkill, but what I would like to see is at least 2 engine options across rhe whole lineup. One more tuned towards performance and the other towards luxury. You could argue that Acura knows this because we have the hybrid MDX/RLX for performance and then normal models for everything else.
Thanks!!! I feel like they will hopefully do something cool with it, after all, the RDX has been their bread and butter for the past few years... I'm really liking this current gen Lexus RX, especially the FSport, but haven't looked into it much... They needed to set the bar higher acura!!!
Old 01-05-2018, 12:00 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
Thanks!!! I feel like they will hopefully do something cool with it, after all, the RDX has been their bread and butter for the past few years... I'm really liking this current gen Lexus RX, especially the FSport, but haven't looked into it much... They needed to set the bar higher acura!!!
I am sure that whatever they do, it is going to be really really impressive. The latest Accord, civic, and CRV are awesome and for the first time ever I would not mind owning any of them. So I expect the upcoming RDX to look absolutely amazing and have some very very cool tech. If it gets SH-AWD back I will absolutely be looking into one down the line. I like the Lexus RX but the front is a little bit too much and more than that, even the FSport is still going to be mushy so don't take that too seriously.
The following users liked this post:
TacoBello (01-08-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 12:55 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
I am sure that whatever they do, it is going to be really really impressive. The latest Accord, civic, and CRV are awesome and for the first time ever I would not mind owning any of them. So I expect the upcoming RDX to look absolutely amazing and have some very very cool tech. If it gets SH-AWD back I will absolutely be looking into one down the line. I like the Lexus RX but the front is a little bit too much and more than that, even the FSport is still going to be mushy so don't take that too seriously.
OH, well ok, guess that makes sense... It's kinda a nice thought though... Oh well... I do love the new Accord, and I wouldn't mind having a Civic either, 40 mpg 0-60 in 7 seconds!!! I read someone said he never exceeds 3k rpm in daily driving... I do think the new RDX will be cool though!!!Despite millions of repairs, I do love my 07 RDX, and I hit 212K today, front is rattling its ass off too...
Old 01-08-2018, 04:03 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
Curious - what are the primary reasons for not wanting a 2.0t?
I have no clue what would be his reason but I'll tell you this. I have 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD and 2017 BMW X3 2.0T M sport package. X3 is very fast and transmission is much better than on my Acura. Driving dynamics, GPS and voice recognition on BMW is superior in many ways. However, I have to tell you, engine on that Acura TLX is phenomenal. I am totally OK to try new turbo when it comes out, but smoothness, power and fuel economy of that V6 is hard to match. I really hope they do the proper job with new turbo engine because the stakes are high. RDX with V6 is very smooth, and most 2.0 turbos in German cars are not. Never had a chance to try Accord with 2.0 turbo, but I heard it drives nice.That's my honest feedback.
TacoBello (01-08-2018)
Old 01-08-2018, 04:59 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Fully agree. I have a feeling the RDX will be a nice package. I get the feeling some people are hyping it up a little too much for themselves- I'm hoping they don't end up disappointed. By the end of the day, it is still a middle of the spectrum SUV. As far as the teaser shots go, I think it looks production ready and very sharp all at the same time. I bet the only thing of question will be the wheels- those might change.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:57 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,581 Likes on 951 Posts
Any take on the AWD system?
AWD or Sh-AWD?? I really hope they bring back the SH-AWD to MDX. If yes, I am going for it instead of MDX. MDX is too expensive and big for me.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:43 AM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Any take on the AWD system?
AWD or Sh-AWD?? I really hope they bring back the SH-AWD to MDX. If yes, I am going for it instead of MDX. MDX is too expensive and big for me.
6 more days till we find out for sure! That said, I tried to look for the thread, but someone (who had an inside look) said the SH-AWD decal is back on the 3G. But salt, take lots of salt in the meantime.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 303 Likes on 211 Posts
I've been a member of the truedelta.com vehicle reliability survey since its inception, and earlier this week its founder Michael Karesh said he was going to the auto show next week, and asked what people wanted him to find out. I put a note in asking if he could verify whether SH-AWD was going to be on the '19 RDX. His response was that he knew the answer but was embargoed and could not directly respond. But he said I'd likely be happy with the response. FWIW.......
a35tl (01-12-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 12:21 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,914 Likes on 14,457 Posts
Interesting!
Old 01-09-2018, 02:10 PM
AZ Community Team

Smile

Originally Posted by andysinnh
I've been a member of the truedelta.com vehicle reliability survey since its inception, and earlier this week its founder Michael Karesh said he was going to the auto show next week, and asked what people wanted him to find out. I put a note in asking if he could verify whether SH-AWD was going to be on the '19 RDX. His response was that he knew the answer but was embargoed and could not directly respond. But he said I'd likely be happy with the response. FWIW.......
Thanks would be sick to bring back SH-AWD to RDX!

Agreed! let's wait another week and see the results. It will be a huge day for Acura fans and owners. A complete new Acura redesign in many, many years with new infotainment, platform, pano, engine, transmission and etc. Exciting!
Old 01-09-2018, 02:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Agreed! let's wait another week and see the results. It will be a huge day for Acura fans and owners. A complete new Acura redesign in many, many years with new infotainment, platform, pano, engine, transmission and etc. Exciting!
Right! I am beyond excited to see what they come up with. All the tech toys are going to be so much fun lmao.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
Smile

100% verified to the sickness.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:26 AM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

I can just see the TSB's coming out now.....
Old 01-10-2018, 11:37 AM
Team Owner

Guys... don't overhype the vehicle. You will only disappoint yourself. Remember to keep your expectations more or less in line with what we've seen from Acura over the last decade.

while I think this RDX will be a fresh breath for Acura, I'm also not expecting it to be earth shattering. The 2G RDX sold very well. I'm betting Acura will more or less stick to the same formula- with tweaks.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:40 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,507 Likes on 1,175 Posts
Originally Posted by chickdr
I can just see the TSB's coming out now.....
Acura seems to have a lot of "bugs" with 1st model year vehicles. I prefer waiting until after the MMC to purchase and keep +100,000 miles. I don't want to wait until the 3rd Gen RDX MMC in 2022 either. My compromise might be the second year 2020 model for the RDX maybe.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TacoBello
Guys... don't overhype the vehicle. You will only disappoint yourself. Remember to keep your expectations more or less in line with what we've seen from Acura over the last decade.

while I think this RDX will be a fresh breath for Acura, I'm also not expecting it to be earth shattering. The 2G RDX sold very well. I'm betting Acura will more or less stick to the same formula- with tweaks.
I think even you will be very impressed.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:38 PM
Team Owner

I'm not saying I won't be. But like so many things in life, if they're hyped up at first, they're never as great when they come out. That's all I'm saying.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:53 PM
AZ Community Team

I'm not saying I won't be. But like so many things in life, if they're hyped up at first, they're never as great when they come out. That's all I'm saying.
I do agree with you. We should wait...the more we hype it, the worst it gets. I am sure it will be a huge step forward for Acura but still a few things are unknown. Few more days left....not a big deal.
Montrealers: I am 90% sure they won't reveal the new Acura RDX here in Montreal Auto Show next week I wish Montreal auto show was in Feb or March. Any thoughts?
Old 01-12-2018, 02:41 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Anyone know where we can stream the reveal live on Monday?
Old 01-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Touring

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
Montrealers: I am 90% sure they won't reveal the new Acura RDX here in Montreal Auto Show next week I wish Montreal auto show was in Feb or March. Any thoughts?
Uh...they're going to announce it at the Detroit Auto Show on Monday, January 15 at 11:05am EST.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:41 PM
Touring

Originally Posted by cheffip
Anyone know where we can stream the reveal live on Monday?
Maybe https://naias.com/livestream/
Old 01-13-2018, 10:42 AM
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 56 Posts

IMO, it’s hard to overhype this vehicle when based on teaser images, it appears the new model is destined to receive the TLX’s wide mouth interpretation of this already lackluster Pentagon grille. The interior will be interesting to see what direction they’re headed in for the entire brand but the Pentagon grille is killing any hype Ive had. It’s that bad of design which I hope Acura realizes this mistake and ditches it soon.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:49 AM
Touring

Originally Posted by ThaChadwick
IMO, it’s hard to overhype this vehicle when based on teaser images, it appears the new model is destined to receive the TLX’s wide mouth interpretation of this already lackluster Pentagon grille. The interior will be interesting to see what direction they’re headed in for the entire brand but the Pentagon grille is killing any hype Ive had. It’s that bad of design which I hope Acura realizes this mistake and ditches it soon.
I dunno. Anything is better than the beak. It's looking like we're gonna get the 2.0T and either an 8 speed or 10 speed, maybe a hybrid, and the jury's still out on SH-AWD. Based on my AWD experience in this week's snow and gravel roads, I'm not convinced we need it that bad.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:55 AM
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Pictures up early?

Keep it quiet! SH-AWD
https://www.autoblog.com/photos/emba...#slide-7210491
The following 4 users liked this post by 1stRDX?:
CheeseyPoofs McNut (01-13-2018), HotRodW (01-13-2018), quantum7 (01-13-2018), Tony Pac (01-14-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 12:03 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Ew!
Old 01-13-2018, 12:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 160 Posts
Sh-awd
Old 01-13-2018, 12:51 PM
NJT

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Just saw this on VTEC too. This is the best looking Acura in a long time. I am very impressed. It doesn't look as long as I would have expected but I will wait til Monday to get the specs. I was hoping it would be around 188 to 190" long.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by 1stRDX?
Thanks. All of the photos from the link ...

Last edited by EE4Life; 01-14-2018 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Added all photos
The following 6 users liked this post by HotRodW:
mattski (01-14-2018), quantum7 (01-14-2018), TacoBello (01-13-2018), Tony Pac (01-14-2018), TSX69 (01-14-2018), ZipSpeed (01-13-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-13-2018, 01:23 PM
Burning Brakes

looks as good in pictures as it did in person.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
I'll wait until I can sample it before drawing any conclusions, but on the surface it looks like they found a way to out-gimmick the goofy shifter. That's a touch pad, right?

Last edited by HotRodW; 01-13-2018 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:26 PM
NJT

Originally Posted by Nexx
looks as good in pictures as it did in person.
That's just it...typically Honda/Acura photos are aweful ,then you see the real thing in person and it looks better. This actually looks good in pictures.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:29 PM
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts
Looks great!
Old 01-13-2018, 01:33 PM
NJT

I prefer a normal shifter too. I have driven current Acuras with the weird button shifter and did not like it
Old 01-13-2018, 01:39 PM
Suzuka Master

OH MY GOD!!!! I’m literally smiling right now. I can’t hold back the smile lol. That thing looks SEXY AF. That dash looks so premium! Look at all that stitching! Look how big that nav screen is! Look at those seats!!! They look so thick and all that contouring! That wood even looks real (I really don’t think it’s fake guys!!!). Look at those aluminum speaker grilles! And YESSSS SH-AWD is back!!!! Hell to the $&@! Yes!!!! About time! I can’t wait to hear more and see this thing in person!
Do you guys see that dynamic mode button and screen on the nav? That implies the RDX is gettinf adaptive dampeners too! Oh and by my count there are at least 13 speakers! Yes I’m not crazy about that stupid button shifter but honestly in an interior (and exterior) like that I could get over it. Very very very impressed. The hype was worth it.

Last edited by RDX10; 01-13-2018 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Smile

OH MY GOD!!!! I’m literally smiling right now. I can’t hold back the smile lol. That thing looks SEXY AF. That dash looks so premium! Look at all that stitching! Look how big that nav screen is! Look at those seats!!! They look so thick and all that contouring! That wood even looks real (I really don’t think it’s fake guys!!!). Look at those aluminum speaker grilles! And YESSSS SH-AWD is back!!!! Hell to the $&@! Yes!!!! About time! I can’t wait to hear more and see this thing in person!
and the TLX is still very quiet.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:45 PM
Suzuka Master

and the TLX is still very quiet.
Aww still not over it hey?
Old 01-13-2018, 01:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Aww still not over it hey?
just a joke =)
Old 01-13-2018, 01:48 PM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
Looks like a cross between the CRV and CX-5, but I like it. The photo model looks like it has real wheels and tires!!! No skinny family truckster grandma wheels.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:50 PM
Suzuka Master

just a joke =)
Well if anything, this makes me so excited to see the upcoming TLX and MDX interiors. Literally, take away the Acura badge and this interior is right at home in a BMW or Audi or Lexus. Those seats alone look very similar to the current X5 seats. They deserve an applause for this one. Oh and look at those dual exhausts. There is just so much to look at it and be impressed by!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12