2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 10:33 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We put off replacing our aging X5 for the past few years in anticipation of this new RDX. It looks and seems to be very good except for one big potential issue. I don't see how this touchpad system is going to have a different outcome than all others before who tried and failed miserably. I hope that they've pulled off the impossible, but I am very concerned about the lack of a touchscreen.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:36 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Don't use the touch pad then. Just touch the screen. And keep a $2 microfiber cloth in the car to keep the smudges off.

Let's be honest- the touchpad is made to make our lives "easier" by never having to lift your arm while driving. I dunno about you, but that seems like a 1st world luxury. Meaning.. eh.. you'll survive without. In my ancient 06 TL, I still have no issues touching the screen- all the way up and in front of me (gasp! )

Look at it as a feature that isn't necessarily intended for everyone's use- but rather, just giving an option to those who really want it.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:38 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by lindros2
100% agree. Even same color.
For some reason, I’ve been noticing the latest CX-5 in parking lots etc lately.I think the CX-5 looks cleaner and more elegant than the new RDX. If (as many enthiasts and auto writers have suggested) they dropped the CX-9 engine in it, I would be a likely customer.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:44 AM
Team Owner

Mazdas just feel... cheap.

They look nice... but you never get past that cheap feeling.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 119 Posts
My '16 RDX Advance lease is up in May - we're downsizing (most likely to an Accord) because we have no need for a vehicle this type anymore. Reading about the changes for the '19 is great but I'm reminded of the TLX *concept* reveal that looked so great, and then look what made it to production...Anyway, I'm sure a lot of folks are glad to see the return of SH-AWD, and the turbo motor has potential. I'm glad the 2nd screen is gone but not sure I like the interior layout. I can't believe they made it even bigger - I seem to recall when we got our RDX it was about the biggest CUV made so now even closer to the MDX, which with all the new features they're stuffing into this thing I would imagine the price is getting very close to an MDX as well. I will echo previous posts that the first thing I thought of was the Mazda too when I saw the pics. I'm sure it will be a fine vehicle and good seller for Acura
Old 01-16-2018, 12:07 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 012TL-GLM
My '16 RDX Advance lease is up in May - we're downsizing (most likely to an Accord) because we have no need for a vehicle this type anymore. Reading about the changes for the '19 is great but I'm reminded of the TLX *concept* reveal that looked so great, and then look what made it to production...Anyway, I'm sure a lot of folks are glad to see the return of SH-AWD, and the turbo motor has potential. I'm glad the 2nd screen is gone but not sure I like the interior layout. I can't believe they made it even bigger - I seem to recall when we got our RDX it was about the biggest CUV made so now even closer to the MDX, which with all the new features they're stuffing into this thing I would imagine the price is getting very close to an MDX as well. I will echo previous posts that the first thing I thought of was the Mazda too when I saw the pics. I'm sure it will be a fine vehicle and good seller for Acura
I don’t like the growth thing either. The new RDX (and the new X3) are now bigger than the original X-5. Truth is the X-1 would suit me better size-wise (I want a semi-lux SUV not a sedan) but the RDX will offer a lot more for what I assume will be a similar price.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:22 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBello
Don't use the touch pad then. Just touch the screen. And keep a $2 microfiber cloth in the car to keep the smudges off.

Let's be honest- the touchpad is made to make our lives "easier" by never having to lift your arm while driving. I dunno about you, but that seems like a 1st world luxury. Meaning.. eh.. you'll survive without. In my ancient 06 TL, I still have no issues touching the screen- all the way up and in front of me (gasp! )

Look at it as a feature that isn't necessarily intended for everyone's use- but rather, just giving an option to those who really want it.
From what I've seen and read there is no touchscreen, it is only a display so you are forced to use the touchpad.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:36 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Touch screens suck, but that touchpad looks worse. I'm really disappointed the germans are moving away from the click wheel.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:06 PM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
Originally Posted by vinuneuro
From what I've seen and read there is no touchscreen, it is only a display so you are forced to use the touchpad.
From Consumer Reports:

"One of the first things you notice about the 2019 Acura RDX cabin is the 10.2-inch display touch screen mounted above the center console. Users can access the infotainment system by using the touch screen or the Acura True Touchpad Interface in the console between the driver and passenger seats. Acura claims its touchpad does not operate like a mouse; rather, it is “mapped precisely—one-to-one—with the corresponding action on the center display.” This sounds as if Acura is saying its system is easier to use than the one in Lexus models, which can be challenging to operate."
The following users liked this post:
TacoBello (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 01:26 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new to the forum, really excited to see the new RDX launch yesterday. I have been a fan of Acura but never owned one, but my family and friends have owned it. I may not end up buying the RDX because of size, But I am excited with this new direction that have taken, and I am hoping the MDX gets similar updates when the next generation is released, I am not sure when that will be 2019?

I will however check out the RDX in person when it is released, we are thinking of getting the Honda accord or crv for my wife, and will definitely consider this if the price doesn't jump up too high.

reading most of the comments here, this feels like a great community of acura owners.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:32 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
Holy crap, maybe it will do USB 5.1 .flac files. This is a clincher for me!
Attached Thumbnails 2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12-rdx-dvda.jpg  
superblast (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 02:26 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine and 1o speed auto transmission

I drove the 2 liter turbo accord with this engine / tranny set up. The engine is great [shall we say Honda like] for nvh and
power as the revs climb, and the transmission is mostly seamless.

I have the new Ridgeline with the 6 cylinder and the 6 speed.

There is more scoot with the 2 liter turbo, and better torque in the low rpms. I don't care for the cylinder deactivation in the 6.

I much prefer the 10 speed to the 6 speed transmission.

Also drove the MDX sport hybrid. Power is completely seamless, shifts are buttery smooth. [Note that the engine is
PORT injected for reliability.]

The electro-magnetic [rheologic] shocks are wonderful in the MDX hybrid. I hope that the rear suspension is significantly improved
on the RDX.

I do hope that the RDX has powered folding mirrors to fit my garage comfortably, and the 360 degree electronic view given the
foolishly stylish C pillars which impair rear vision.

As for the hybrid , I hope that it doesn't have the awful set up of the Accord.

The interior is great and the exterior style looks better than BMW and Mercedes. Even looks better and has more space than
the Macan.

Overall, what's not to like? I can live with the shifter.

Mike
Old 01-16-2018, 02:30 PM
Volvo Defector

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
ANY car manufacturer who starts fresh with a new design and a new-ish powertrain is going to have bugs to work out. It was certainly that way with the TLX - moreso with the ZF transmission but to some extent the DCT has some minor issues to work out. With the RDX you're getting the barely tested 2.0 turbo with the barely tested 10 speed. I would anticipate some TSB's to be worked through for sure.

Frankly I would wait for the 2020 model year. I'll likely wait until the MMC as I'm happy with my (paid for) TLX at the moment. That said - if you're leasing then have at it!!
I sort of agree with you but in the case of the 9ZF, the TLX was the very first Honda/Acura vehicle that got that transmission. This new Honda sourced 10spd was first put into the Odyssey and then the Honda Accord. So the RDX will be the 3rd vehicle(if someone wants to correct me on this) to get this trans. I'm thinking the initial bugs have either already been worked out, or are already going to be fixed by the time they're put into the RDX which probably wont start for another month or two. I think they have already learned their lesson with the 2015 TLX when it first debuted. The RDX is their hottest seller, so they cannot afford to have it plagued with powertrain issues.

With that said, the Honda Accord is the only other powertrain combo with the new 2.0T and the 10spd transmission. However, when i've gone onto Honda's website to spec out the new Accord, I've only seen the lower end 1.5T variants and not the 2.0T. Is the 2.0T Honda Accord coming out later? If so, then this powertrain combo hasn't really been tested yet and may still have quirks.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:43 PM
Volvo Defector

Originally Posted by cheffip
For some reason, I’ve been noticing the latest CX-5 in parking lots etc lately.I think the CX-5 looks cleaner and more elegant than the new RDX. If (as many enthiasts and auto writers have suggested) they dropped the CX-9 engine in it, I would be a likely customer.
My wife has a dark charcoal gray (Same Graphite Luster Metallic color as my TLX) 2016 CX-5 GT. It has the gunmetal 19" wheels and she absolutely fell in love with it when it first came out in the fall of 2015. She leased it for 33 months, so her lease is up this summer.
I knew the RDX reveal was coming so I showed it to her and she absolutely fell in love with it. She literally just called me on my cell here at work and said "Hey.. can we go test drive the new RDX?" I'm like its not out yet! You have another 6 months give or take!
Needless to say, I'm thinking we will be trading in the CX-5 for the new RDX this summer lol
Old 01-16-2018, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by reddogTL
I sort of agree with you but in the case of the 9ZF, the TLX was the very first Honda/Acura vehicle that got that transmission. This new Honda sourced 10spd was first put into the Odyssey and then the Honda Accord. So the RDX will be the 3rd vehicle(if someone wants to correct me on this) to get this trans. I'm thinking the initial bugs have either already been worked out, or are already going to be fixed by the time they're put into the RDX which probably wont start for another month or two. I think they have already learned their lesson with the 2015 TLX when it first debuted. The RDX is their hottest seller, so they cannot afford to have it plagued with powertrain issues.

With that said, the Honda Accord is the only other powertrain combo with the new 2.0T and the 10spd transmission. However, when i've gone onto Honda's website to spec out the new Accord, I've only seen the lower end 1.5T variants and not the 2.0T. Is the 2.0T Honda Accord coming out later? If so, then this powertrain combo hasn't really been tested yet and may still have quirks.
It's true they're not NEW new, however the implementation will be new (2.0T with 10Speed with SH-AWD) and I'll eat my shorts if they don't have some glitches. I'm not projecting catastrophic breakdowns - but there will be issues.
The TLX was a brand new car that was replacing the TSX and TL during a time when Acura was trending downward and you would have said the same thing - clearly they will make sure it's trouble free - but the truth was many people had issues. Many people fought with Acura for months and months before getting their transmission replaced. Etc etc.

The Accord 2.0T is out - you can find lots of talk here (The 10th Generation - Drive Accord Honda Forums) including some who are reporting issues as you would expect.

I'm not trying to be a black cloud - but I've bought two new model releases over the past 6 years and that's been my experience.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:46 PM
Volvo Defector

Originally Posted by old blue
I drove the 2 liter turbo accord with this engine / tranny set up. The engine is great [shall we say Honda like] for nvh and
power as the revs climb, and the transmission is mostly seamless.

Overall, what's not to like? I can live with the shifter.
Mike
Interesting, when I went to Honda's website a few weeks ago the 2.0T version wasn't there. Now its showing up. I guess they had a delayed release after the 1.5T first came out.

Honestly, I only had an issue with the shifter buttons for the first month or so after trading in my 2008 Acura TL for my 2015 TLX. Now I'm just used to it. I do miss having a shifter because I rested my hand on it while driving. I still do this when driving my wife's CX-5 lol
Old 01-16-2018, 07:30 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
From Consumer Reports:

"One of the first things you notice about the 2019 Acura RDX cabin is the 10.2-inch display touch screen mounted above the center console. Users can access the infotainment system by using the touch screen or the Acura True Touchpad Interface in the console between the driver and passenger seats. Acura claims its touchpad does not operate like a mouse; rather, it is “mapped precisely—one-to-one—with the corresponding action on the center display.” This sounds as if Acura is saying its system is easier to use than the one in Lexus models, which can be challenging to operate."
From comments I've seen elsewhere (can't even remember where), I think that report might be wrong. I'm not sure that the screen up above is an actual touchscreen. But, I could be wrong.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:09 PM
Team Owner

Im sure it is. It would be stupid if it wasn't. Adding touch function to a screen isnt exactly difficult or expensive these days.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:02 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TacoBello
Im sure it is. It would be stupid if it wasn't. Adding touch function to a screen isnt exactly difficult or expensive these days.
Again, I'm not sure either way, but if you watch this video, at around 3:40, he states that the display is not a touchscreen.

hadokenuh (01-17-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 09:07 PM
Advanced

Or start this video around 3:00, and while he doesn't come right out and say it, it appears as though the display above is just that: a display (and not a touchscreen).

Old 01-16-2018, 09:16 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Lightbulb Kbb

Old 01-16-2018, 09:26 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Arrow Autoguide

Old 01-16-2018, 09:30 PM
Advanced

Yeah, that guy uses the term "touchscreen", but I'm still inclined to think that the display is simply a display.

On the Acura website, it also refers to the display as a display rather than as a touchscreen.

https://www.acura.com/future-vehicle...-rdx-prototype

If that is true, then it will be tough to have a drink in the center console and use the touchpad at the same time...

Unless, again, the display up above is actually a touchscreen...
Old 01-16-2018, 10:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnyvn
Yeah, that guy uses the term "touchscreen", but I'm still inclined to think that the display is simply a display.

On the Acura website, it also refers to the display as a display rather than as a touchscreen.

If that is true, then it will be tough to have a drink in the center console and use the touchpad at the same time...

The display is not a touch screen. However, it looks to be the most advanced and intuitive touchpad based user interface ever in a vehicle. Here is a quote from engadget:Now the company has announced that technology is coming to the 2019 RDX branded as a "True Touchpad." This Android-based car OS is the first use of a touchpad with absolute positioning in a car, making sure that wherever the driver taps on the pad corresponds to what is shown on the central 10.2-inch screen, which is mounted high up, in the driver's line of sight. Combined with a new natural language interface and an interactive heads-up display for the driver, it's supposed to be easier to use than any car software we've seen before.This is one example of Acura innovating again like they did in the past. Jon Ikeda says that the 2019 RDX is a quantum leap forward for the brand.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:49 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by SK1124
I noticed a few of you say you wouldn't buy one in the first year. How concerned are you guys about this? Does acura have a history of 1st year duds? Or is it more general common sense? Unfortunately I can't wait a year so if I want this vehicle (assuming the production model is the same as the prototype) I'm going to have to pick it up this year.
Originally Posted by FreddyBeach
Personally, I would not have any issues with buying a 2019 RDX. Acura has gone to great lengths to make this a better vehicle, therefore it cannot afford to put this vehicle on the market and it have issues. They have moved away from the "Premium" classification and have taken a step into the "Luxury" market with the likes of BMW, Lexus and Audi. I do believe that after the 2019 RDX is on the market we are going to see some very favorable comparisons to these vehicles. Up to now RDX has been considered these vehicle's poorer brother. If one is concerned about the 2.0L engine they have to realize that this is not Acura's first foray into the turbo engine business.
It's true they're not NEW new, however the implementation will be new (2.0T with 10Speed with SH-AWD) and I'll eat my shorts if they don't have some glitches. I'm not projecting catastrophic breakdowns - but there will be issues.
The TLX was a brand new car that was replacing the TSX and TL during a time when Acura was trending downward and you would have said the same thing - clearly they will make sure it's trouble free - but the truth was many people had issues. Many people fought with Acura for months and months before getting their transmission replaced. Etc etc.

The Accord 2.0T is out - you can find lots of talk here (The 10th Generation - Drive Accord Honda Forums) including some who are reporting issues as you would expect.

I'm not trying to be a black cloud - but I've bought two new model releases over the past 6 years and that's been my experience.
There are so many 'firsts' with the 19 RDX that (if I were in the market for it) I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole. When I bought my 2015 TLX I too was dumb enough to think that Acura had so much resting on this vehicle that they certainly would not release it with any serious flaws. But the reality is, they will shut down production of the current RDX and retool the production line and they will sell this car if the doors were falling off. And Acura's response would be to blame you for the doors falling off. Whether it is with the 2.0T/10-Spd/New SH AWD set up... the new Infotainment system... the adaptive dampers... you name it, there will be problems. But to me the biggest problem with buying a 1st year Acura is Acura themselves. If there is an issue history has shown that they don't want to take ownership of it and make it right. They spent not months but nearly 2 years pushing back on TLX owners with transmission problems. Many were so frustrated they gave up on the car and sold it before Acura even admitted there was an issue. All first year cars will have issues. The bigger question is what do you think the manufacturer will do about it? Acura will blame you and blow you off. So this is why I will never buy a 1st year Acura, if I even buy an Acura again. BMW has had a reputation of expensive service, but one thing I could count on with them was that if there were an issue they would take it on and resolve it. They had a problem with fuel pumps, they didn't blame the owners, they fixed the problem. There is a reason that Acura is in last place in Consumer Reports Cust Satisfaction survey.

But if you want to buy the 2019, more power to you. We all need beta testers.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
There are so many 'firsts' with the 19 RDX that (if I were in the market for it) I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole. When I bought my 2015 TLX I too was dumb enough to think that Acura had so much resting on this vehicle that they certainly would not release it with any serious flaws. But the reality is, they will shut down production of the current RDX and retool the production line and they will sell this car if the doors were falling off. And Acura's response would be to blame you for the doors falling off. Whether it is with the 2.0T/10-Spd/New SH AWD set up... the new Infotainment system... the adaptive dampers... you name it, there will be problems. But to me the biggest problem with buying a 1st year Acura is Acura themselves. If there is an issue history has shown that they don't want to take ownership of it and make it right. They spent not months but nearly 2 years pushing back on TLX owners with transmission problems. Many were so frustrated they gave up on the car and sold it before Acura even admitted there was an issue. All first year cars will have issues. The bigger question is what do you think the manufacturer will do about it? Acura will blame you and blow you off. So this is why I will never buy a 1st year Acura, if I even buy an Acura again. BMW has had a reputation of expensive service, but one thing I could count on with them was that if there were an issue they would take it on and resolve it. They had a problem with fuel pumps, they didn't blame the owners, they fixed the problem. There is a reason that Acura is in last place in Consumer Reports Cust Satisfaction survey.

But if you want to buy the 2019, more power to you. We all need beta testers.
LOL!!!@comparing BMW to Acura. Acura’s are way more reliable. There’s a reason BMWs have terrible resale value. I had brake creeking noise with my 2016 RDX. They fixed it by giving me brand new brakes after I complained to them a second time. Other than that the RDX has been bullet proof in terms of reliability. Yes, the 2019 is all new, but keep in mind it will have Acura reliability. And I’m not talking just JD Power or consumer reports reliability, I’m talking real long term reliability even after 10 years of ownership. That’s the confidence that Acura inspires. The 3rd gen RDX is going to be a world beater and will smash previous sales records.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:10 PM
Summer is Coming

It is not a touchscreen, the only touching is with the touch pad. In this Acura video the guy even poo-poos touch screens. I guess all the other Acura cars must be losing the touch screen too. I agree, it might be a little awkward if there is a drink in the center console.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:38 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
If you guys watch the video from post #699 you get to see the cup holder cover open at 3:06. They appear to be placed towards the passenger side and pretty low, so maybe having cups in them won’t interfere too much with using the trackpad.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:05 AM
Summer is Coming

Originally Posted by rockyboy
LOL!!!@comparing BMW to Acura. Acura’s are way more reliable. There’s a reason BMWs have terrible resale value. I had brake creeking noise with my 2016 RDX. They fixed it by giving me brand new brakes after I complained to them a second time. Other than that the RDX has been bullet proof in terms of reliability. Yes, the 2019 is all new, but keep in mind it will have Acura reliability. And I’m not talking just JD Power or consumer reports reliability, I’m talking real long term reliability even after 10 years of ownership. That’s the confidence that Acura inspires. The 3rd gen RDX is going to be a world beater and will smash previous sales records.
Actually Acura and BMW are fairly comparable in terms of reliability. In some segments Acura scores higher, in some BMW scores higher. Your point about the brake issue essentially makes my point. You had bad brakes in the RDX. Honda/Acura have a long history of bad brakes (and poor batteries) and it is not unusual to have them replaced early. This is not exactly the definition of reliability. But anyway, you mentioned you only had to complain twice to get them to address it. Only twice? I guess that is better than the many owners that complained many times and never got their transmission issue addressed. The 2019 RDX may turn out to be a solid car, but I'm not going to take a chance on it. If others want to that is fine. Reputations are a hard thing to over come. Some years ago I probably would have agreed that certainly BMW could not be comparable to Honda reliability, but they have improved. Some years ago I had a BMW and it did visit the service department more than any other car I owned, but they fixed everything under warranty and never had to ask twice. And I've also experienced a failed transmission on an Accord that Honda would not repair. So YMMV. If you end up getting the 2019 RDX, please post back here on your experiences so everyone can benefit.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
I assume the 'Type S' would have the new V6 turbo they spoke about. But not for a few years.
Who said anything about the RDX getting a type S version? Everthing is getting an A-spec version (no big deal, just new bumpers and trim and maybe slightly stiffer suspension). But there was no mention of a type S RDX. Not really trying to attack you directly or anything but so many people on here are posting stuff out of the air that are completely false. The lexus RX is the number one selling luxury crossover in the states (has been for a LONG time) and yet they stopped at an f-sport model (think A-Spec) and never bothered with a RX-F full on version. I think that speaks volumes as to where Acura is taking the RDX.

Originally Posted by GW208
Thanks RDX10, a purse makes perfect sense now that you mention it, I probably should have asked my wife first.
Haha no worries. I think I like the space down there but I honestly do not see myself using it for anything (unless it has a wireless charging pad). My 2012 sorento had a similar (although WAY smaller) compartment and I honestly never ever put anything in there and rather wished they would have made the bin in front of that hidden area larger.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:54 AM

From comments I've seen elsewhere (can't even remember where), I think that report might be wrong. I'm not sure that the screen up above is an actual touchscreen. But, I could be wrong.
Aye - upon further review it would seem CR has it wrong. No touchscreen for you!
Old 01-17-2018, 07:30 AM
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
With the exception of the lack of the V6, the new gen RDX blows away the present one in just about everything.
I'm reading good things about the 2.0L turbo, though.
I can tell you that the 1.5L turbo in the CR-V is not bad at all.So I would assume the 2.0T is fine.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:37 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Any mention of a hybrid version?
Old 01-17-2018, 09:14 AM
NJT

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by GBraidi88
Any mention of a hybrid version?
The RDX Variations thread has some posts about the hybrid version as well as the Type S version. Regarding the post earlier, I thought I read/heard that all Acura models will get a Type S version.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:23 AM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Well our 16 RDX has a OLD 6-sp Honda tranny and it has been terrible.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:29 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by James Wilson
The RDX Variations thread has some posts about the hybrid version as well as the Type S version. Regarding the post earlier, I thought I read/heard that all Acura models will get a Type S version.
I thought I heard that too. I know about the A-Spec package for every model, but I thought they mentioned bringing the Type S line back in. It definitely sounded like more than one car- maybe there will be a Type S/Acura version of the CTR then? I dunno. I'm not sure how much sense it makes to build an RLX-S. Would that be popular? Would people be willing to spend that much for a loaded Acura? I'm sure some would- but enough to justify it?

So if anything, it might be a 2G ILX-S, or a 3G RDX-S? I could see Acura just leaving the MDX and RLX with the SH models. Call it a classy sporty ride then. I dunno. Who knows. I'm interested to see what comes of it though!
Old 01-17-2018, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by James Wilson
I heard them say an A-Spec for every model, but no such claim for the Type-S. He said something to the effect that they're bringing the Type-S back and it will be a few years before we see one - no indication on which models will get it. I thing the TLX is a safe bet - beyond that who knows.

Straight from the horses mouth (Acura press release) - "Acura will bring back the much-heralded Type-S performance variant in the coming years. The Type-S badge last appeared on the 2008 Acura TL, which featured a track-tuned chassis, more powerful engine and brakes, high-performance tires and extensive, sports-oriented exterior and interior modifications. Like the new engine, the Type-S badge will make its way onto multiple Acura models in the future."

Last edited by CheeseyPoofs McNut; 01-17-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:28 AM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

10 speed is available in RLX PAWS, like you say though there is not enough data since the 10 speed is just starting to roll out to know how bullet proof it will be. With that being said I am sure they have studied and learned from the ZF debacle to not make the same mistakes.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:30 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
There's a lot of speculation in this thread.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:13 PM
Team Owner

Quick Reply: 2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12