2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12

Old 08-14-2017, 07:58 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,581 Likes on 951 Posts
2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12

The wait is over...finally Acura has announced that the 2019 RDX will be the first vehicle in the Acura lineup to have the new Diamond Pentagon Grill, Precision Cockpit Infotainment and many more
After all, I don't blame Acura. RDX is on the Top of list and going for almost 60,000 units this year.

2018 Honda Accord: New tech even Acura has to wait for
Old 08-14-2017, 08:23 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Yep- this has been known for a while. We are just waiting to see what it will actually look like and confirm the power train...
Old 08-14-2017, 08:38 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by chickdr
Yep- this has been known for a while. We are just waiting to see what it will actually look like and confirm the power train...
People had different opinion. But now it's 100% confirmed that RDX will be the lucky one...Everyone was thinking TLX or MDX will have all the goodies. When do you think it will be out? Sprig or Fall 2018?
Old 08-14-2017, 09:30 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
if it's nicer than the Acura MDX and much more technologically advanced, I'll be getting that one instead of the MDX. Especially if it's going to be much more techy than a BMW X3 M40I. I'm sure the BMW X.3 might have more power than the RDX but I'm sure the RDX will have enough power as well.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
People had different opinion. But now it's 100% confirmed that RDX will be the lucky one...Everyone was thinking TLX or MDX will have all the goodies. When do you think it will be out? Sprig or Fall 2018?
Well it would only make sense that the RDX would be next since it was the first to be redesigned in 2013. But in my opinion based on the wording "elements of the precision cockpit" they probably mean HUD and digital dash...not the crazier stuff. But that's fine to me. I'm secretly hoping for the hybrid drivetrain from the MDX and SH-AWD in both hybrid and normal models. I mean Volvo put the big hybrid setup in from the XC90 to the XC60 so Acura better not wuss out and put a crappy engine in there.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:56 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
just dont fuck it up, acura
The following users liked this post:
pilozm (10-09-2017)
Old 08-15-2017, 06:57 AM
NJT

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
The wait is over...finally Acura has announced that the 2019 RDX will be the first vehicle in the Acura lineup to have the new Diamond Pentagon Grill, Precision Cockpit Infotainment and many more
After all, I don't blame Acura. RDX is on the Top of list and going for almost 60,000 units this year.

2018 Honda Accord: New tech even Acura has to wait for
Yes, I just posted this yesterday morning that the 2019 RDX would likely debut in early 2018 at the NAIAS and that it's going to be one of the most important debuts for Acura in a long time given it will be the first vehicle that incorporates the DPG from the start. If Acura can pull off the design and offer a sports hybrid that gets near 30 MPG, it will sell like hotcakes.
Tony Pac (08-15-2017)
Old 08-15-2017, 07:57 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by RDX10
Well it would only make sense that the RDX would be next since it was the first to be redesigned in 2013. But in my opinion based on the wording "elements of the precision cockpit" they probably mean HUD and digital dash...not the crazier stuff. But that's fine to me. I'm secretly hoping for the hybrid drivetrain from the MDX and SH-AWD in both hybrid and normal models. I mean Volvo put the big hybrid setup in from the XC90 to the XC60 so Acura better not wuss out and put a crappy engine in there.
Baby steps...With TLX MMC and few improvements, MDX offering the hybrid power train and now RLX MMC I have hope!!!
After all, it's a big deal for car manufacturing companies to make changes, it requires a lot of R&D and $$$$$.
I do believe that RDX won't have all the crazy technology out there but I am confident that it will be a fresh interior design for Acura. Most likely it will be similar to CDX's interior.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:16 AM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
just dont fuck it up, acura
Rest assured they are more likely to not do enough...
Old 08-15-2017, 09:40 AM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
Baby steps...With TLX MMC and few improvements, MDX offering the hybrid power train and now RLX MMC I have hope!!!
After all, it's a big deal for car manufacturing companies to make changes, it requires a lot of R&D and $$$$$.
I do believe that RDX won't have all the crazy technology out there but I am confident that it will be a fresh interior design for Acura. Most likely it will be similar to CDX's interior.
Count me in the camp that doesn't want all the crazy tech as I like to buy my vehicles and keep them for a while. All the tech makes it harder to do so given the chance of higher cost of long-term ownership.

I'd be plenty happy with a digital/configurable dash, 360 camera, HUD, modern GPS, nice leather etc etc. All 100% do-able. A turbo is almost certain (I'm fine with that) however I suspect they keep the V6 for the higher trim levels. The two screen infotainment will almost surely be gone. Probably a bolted on tablet although I hope they integrate the tablet into the dash.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:09 AM
Pro

It would be shocking if they went all out with the new RDX. It isn't a halo car for Acura so they are much more likely to play it safe. I would expect the same tech seen in the new Accord with maybe a few small extra details.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:27 AM

It would be shocking if they went all out with the new RDX. It isn't a halo car for Acura so they are much more likely to play it safe. I would expect the same tech seen in the new Accord with maybe a few small extra details.
It may not be the NSX "halo" car - but it is Acura's best seller (the dated RDX outsold the MDX last month by some 800 units), in the hottest segment:
Old 08-15-2017, 11:57 AM
NJT

Technology is outdated the minute you begin building a new generation within a vehicle. I would expect Acura will put the latest and greatest tech it has in the RDX, and in a couple years when the RLX or MDX have a full redesign, they will get enhanced tech that is greater than the RDX, and we will be complaining about the RDX tech being outdated. As a buyer, the tech is ok to me, but I am more interested in how the car rides, the sports hybrid offerings, the roominess/space, etc.. I think buyers who are concerned with tech capabilities should likely lease so they can get a new vehicle every 3 years.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:09 PM
Suzuka Master

I don't care for the super crazy technology myself. I really don't care for lincoln's old touch button crap or cadillac's cue system. It doesn't have to be super advanced in order to look good and function good. I really hope we finally see a newer upscale navigation setup because the current one is literally the same as the one from 2005
in terms of quality. I strongly dislike the trend towards less buttons, you need to be able to use your car easily while in motion.

I like the CDX interior quite a lot, however I hate the lack of a true shifter. I don't like
those stupid button shifters like those found on the tlx and rlx and mdx. Jeep used to have one of those joystick shifters in their GC and guess what, they went back to a standard shifter for 2017 even on their top models. You don't need to reinvent the wheel.

Moreso than the tech side, I am really hoping the powertrain will see a giant leap forward. 6 speed is so 2005 and SOHC V6 with timing belts is so 1995 but even then that is not my biggest issue. My biggest issue is the lack of SH-AWD. If they want the RDX to take on the Q5 and X3 and GLC they NEED a upscale AWD system. Not one borrowed from the CRV.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:43 PM
Pro

I can see the SH AWD coming back but, suspect it will be paired with the 2.0T in the top level Accord. I also expect the push button shifter will be our only choice as this is what the Accord has in top trim....

I will be the first to eat crow here if my predictions are wrong. I actually hope we get the DI V6, but am not holding my breath.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:05 PM
TX-RDX Owner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This can't come soon enough. I hope Acura comes through with this redesign before they lose me to another brand.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:15 AM
Suzuka Master

I can see the SH AWD coming back but, suspect it will be paired with the 2.0T in the top level Accord. I also expect the push button shifter will be our only choice as this is what the Accord has in top trim....

I will be the first to eat crow here if my predictions are wrong. I actually hope we get the DI V6, but am not holding my breath.
I really hope Acura is paying attention to those sales numbers and delivers on the RDX this time. It would be wise for them to give more than one engine option. Ideally it should offer a 2.0t, a V6, and a top level hybrid using the same powertrain as the MDX.
Look at the mainstream compact class, 99% offer at least 2 engine options and some even offer 3. Even obscure vehicles like the Juke and RVR offer 2 engine options. The q5 used to have a 2.0T, 3.0t, 3.0t (supercharged) V6, hybrid, AND Diesel options!! The X3 has a 2.0t, 3.0t, 3.0 diesel and upcoming high performance 3.0tt engines. GLC also has like 4 options. I'm not asking for them to give RDX specific options, but come on use from the large pool of engines you already have on offer.

I don't understand why Acura and Honda are always trying to create a power hieracrchy in the lineup either; hence the RLX having a 310hp V6, the TLX and MDX with 290hp and the rdx with 278....look at Volvo strapping in that 400hp and 400lb/ft hybrid setup in everything from the S90 to the XC60 without giving it a second thought. Acura is under this false impression that if a lower model makes equivalent or more power that it will effect sales of the next level up. This is absolutely not true because nobody will buy an RDX over an MDX if they need 7 seats and the space. It is this backwards thinking that is really hurting the brand.

Now in terms of SH-AWD returning....well I don't know to be honest. I think it's necessary and Acura seems to be trying to get back to their sport roots, so I'd say there is a 50:50 chance.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:39 AM
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
I really hope Acura is paying attention to those sales numbers and delivers on the RDX this time. It would be wise for them to give more than one engine option. Ideally it should offer a 2.0t, a V6, and a top level hybrid using the same powertrain as the MDX.
Look at the mainstream compact class, 99% offer at least 2 engine options and some even offer 3. Even obscure vehicles like the Juke and RVR offer 2 engine options. The q5 used to have a 2.0T, 3.0t, 3.0t (supercharged) V6, hybrid, AND Diesel options!! The X3 has a 2.0t, 3.0t, 3.0 diesel and upcoming high performance 3.0tt engines. GLC also has like 4 options. I'm not asking for them to give RDX specific options, but come on use from the large pool of engines you already have on offer.

Also I don't understand why Acura and Honda are always trying to create a power hieracrchy in the lineup either; hence the RLX having a 310hp V6, the TLX and MDX with 290hp and the rdx with 278....look at Volvo strapping in that 400hp and 400lb/ft hybrid setup in everything from the S90 to the XC60 without giving it a second thought. Acura is under this false impression that if a lower model makes equivalent or more power that it will effect sales of the next level up. This is absolutely not true because nobody will buy an RDX over an MDX if they need 7 seats and the space. It is this backwards thinking that is really hurting the brand.

Now in terms of SH-AWD returning....well I don't know to be honest. I think it's necessary and Acura seems to be trying to get back to their sport roots, so I'd say there is a 50:50 chance.

I doubt you'll see two engines offered for the RDX.I also doubt you'll see SH-AWD .
That system will cost Honda more money and that's the reason it was cut.
99% of RDX buyers that want AWD, hear it has AWD and that's good enough.Most have never heard of SH-AWD.Add in the RDX is selling well without it.

Honda isn't too smart the way they equip vehicles.
The Acura flagship bomb RLX only has 310 HP which is too low for a top model.

Last edited by colt427; 08-16-2017 at 06:43 AM.
RDX10 (08-16-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 07:37 AM
AZ Community Team

I don't understand why Acura and Honda are always trying to create a power hieracrchy in the lineup either; hence the RLX having a 310hp V6, the TLX and MDX with 290hp and the rdx with 278....look at Volvo strapping in that 400hp and 400lb/ft hybrid setup in everything from the S90 to the XC60 without giving it a second thought. Acura is under this false impression that if a lower model makes equivalent or more power that it will effect sales of the next level up. This is absolutely not true because nobody will buy an RDX over an MDX if they need 7 seats and the space. It is this backwards thinking that is really hurting the brand.

I am 100% with you but to be honest, it requires a lot of $$$$. Honda/Acura are happy with selling 150-200K units per year. If Acura really follow the mainstream and offers at least 2 engine types, Type S for each model and expand the lineup (bring CDX, a coupe and etc.) I promise you that Acura will be one of the best premium/luxury (whatever you want to call it) car manufacturing in NA.

It seems like Honda/Acura are happy with their mediocre sales numbers. Personally I am not a big fan of Infiniti but I give them credit for working hard and bringing their sales almost 40% higher this year and offering some exciting cars in the market.
RDX10 (08-16-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 01:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by colt427
I doubt you'll see two engines offered for the RDX.I also doubt you'll see SH-AWD .
That system will cost Honda more money and that's the reason it was cut.
99% of RDX buyers that want AWD, hear it has AWD and that's good enough.Most have never heard of SH-AWD.Add in the RDX is selling well without it.

Honda isn't too smart the way they equip vehicles.
The Acura flagship bomb RLX only has 310 HP which is too low for a top model.
I also doubt multiple engines being available to be honest except in the case where an RDX hybrid will come out (and I really think it should). Now in terms of SH-AWD I disagree on that one for one fundamental reason and that would be the Honda Pilot. Honda had zero reason to include SH-AWD in the latest model and all other pilots used the old VTM-4 system and still sold like crazy and the demographic for the pilot DEFINITELY DON'T care about sporty driving in their super bouncy top heavy 7-8 passenger family crossover. On the other hand if Acura is trying to go back to it's sporty roots, it would be a reason to return SH-AWD.

Oh and 1000% agreed on Honda not knowing how to equip cars and that 310hp in the RLX is abysmal. There are a LARGE number of mainstream sedans making that power with more modern DOHC engines (Taurus, Camry, Avalon, Impala). 310hp (even with a 377hp hybrid model) is NOT enough!

I am 100% with you but to be honest, it requires a lot of $$$$. Honda/Acura are happy with selling 150-200K units per year. If Acura really follow the mainstream and offers at least 2 engine types, Type S for each model and expand the lineup (bring CDX, a coupe and etc.) I promise you that Acura will be one of the best premium/luxury (whatever you want to call it) car manufacturing in NA.

It seems like Honda/Acura are happy with their mediocre sales numbers. Personally I am not a big fan of Infiniti but I give them credit for working hard and bringing their sales almost 40% higher this year and offering some exciting cars in the market.
But why do you think it would cost a lot of money? They already have those engines available, it's as simple as strapping one into an RDX and doing some fine tuning with the ECU. The Germans are so wildly successful because they share their engines with everything in the lineup. Look at Audi, 2.0T in everything, 3.0t in everything, 3.0 diesel in everything, 4.0t shared between the top models. If Honda is so concerned with saving money then maybe they should stop making 10 different kinds of transmission (CVT, 6at, 6mt, 7dct, 8dct, 9at, 9dct, 10at) and focus that money on other areas.

I agree fully that their should be a type-S version of everything. It's crazy to me that Audi makes an RS-3/Q3 for example and those cars are VERY powerful and fast! Acura is too scared to take chances because they are a North America only brand (as well as China and Russia IIRC) but that thibking is backwards because they need to launch hard and they could move over to Europe and the middle east as well.

Side-note: Keep an eye on Infiniti, they are making rapid transformations currently. They are set to release all new crossovers and SUVs as well as sedans and coupes in the next year or so. I've seen some of the concepts and they look GREAT.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:26 PM
Pro

I recently test drove a QX30 a shared platform with M-B(GLA) and uses MB's 2.0t. It was not am impressive car in any way.. The controls were a mess, it was cramped and did not impress in the drive characteristics.

I am afraid they will mess up the QX50 too since it will lose the sweet 325hp VQ 3.7l and pick up the strange new VC-T 2.0 4 cylinder and go to FWD - If they put the Q50's 3.0t into it they would have something...

This is another reason I suspect the 19 RDX will have a 2.0T
Old 08-16-2017, 02:54 PM
AZ Community Team

But why do you think it would cost a lot of money? They already have those engines available, it's as simple as strapping one into an RDX and doing some fine tuning with the ECU. The Germans are so wildly successful because they share their engines with everything in the lineup. Look at Audi, 2.0T in everything, 3.0t in everything, 3.0 diesel in everything, 4.0t shared between the top models. If Honda is so concerned with saving money then maybe they should stop making 10 different kinds of transmission (CVT, 6at, 6mt, 7dct, 8dct, 9at, 9dct, 10at) and focus that money on other areas.

I agree fully that their should be a type-S version of everything. It's crazy to me that Audi makes an RS-3/Q3 for example and those cars are VERY powerful and fast! Acura is too scared to take chances because they are a North America only brand (as well as China and Russia IIRC) but that thibking is backwards because they need to launch hard and they could move over to Europe and the middle east as well.

Side-note: Keep an eye on Infiniti, they are making rapid transformations currently. They are set to release all new crossovers and SUVs as well as sedans and coupes in the next year or so. I've seen some of the concepts and they look GREAT.[/QUOTE]

I know they have those engines but I don't think it's as easy as we think. Again, I am not an engineer...I am assuming that it requires money and development.

That being said, Honda/Acura are scared...they should add more cars to their lineup with different engines.

Infiniti is going full power...I am keeping an eye lol! I love the new Q60.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:37 PM
Suzuka Master

I recently test drove a QX30 a shared platform with M-B(GLA) and uses MB's 2.0t. It was not am impressive car in any way.. The controls were a mess, it was cramped and did not impress in the drive characteristics.

I am afraid they will mess up the QX50 too since it will lose the sweet 325hp VQ 3.7l and pick up the strange new VC-T 2.0 4 cylinder and go to FWD - If they put the Q50's 3.0t into it they would have something...

This is another reason I suspect the 19 RDX will have a 2.0T
The QX30 is a bit of a frankenstein SUV so I'm not surprised you were not impressed. It's what happens when you take 2 very different companies and try to make one product. I love the VQ37 but it is pretty thirsty so the move to a 2.0T might be a good choice however I'm not sold on that variable compression design. Also the move to fwd is extremely troubling to me because it goes against everything infiniti has been. However nissan has a surprisingly good AWD system in the juke (not shared with any other nissan model and works like SH-AWD) that would actually benefit the QX50.

I know they have those engines but I don't think it's as easy as we think. Again, I am not an engineer...I am assuming that it requires money and development.

That being said, Honda/Acura are scared...they should add more cars to their lineup with different engines.

Infiniti is going full power...I am keeping an eye lol! I love the new Q60.
I imagine that it's not as easy as we think, but I really don't think it's that hard either. Using one engine across multiple applications actually saves money vs wastes it when you think about it.

They absolutely need to stop being scared and start making more cars. They only really have 4 vehicles right now (let's be honest, the NSX doesn't count because almost nobody can afford it really). They need a car larger and more luxurious than the RLX, they need a coupe (both TLX and ILX sized), they need to eliminate the ILX and get something a bit sportier and roomier with AWD, they need some form of hot hatch, and lastly another crossover smaller than the RDX (CDX) and possibly larger than the MDX (the MDX really is only midsized at 190", they need something 200" long (Bucik enclave or QX60 sized). That would be the perfect lineup in my opinion.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:39 PM
NJT

To me Acura should just go all in on the Sports Hybrid offering. Why?

1. It will return better MPG than a 4-cylinder or most turbo-charged alternatives that may only be FWD

2. Most SUV shoppers prefer AWD

3. The Sports-Hybrid offers greater horsepower while also being more fuel efficient

4. The Sports Hybrid to me is Acura's current competitive edge.

5. Economies of Scale-The more they focus on the Sports Hybrid, the better the ROI, and if this option spreads across nearly the entire lineup, they will be able to offer other goodies in their cars and keep the price competitive or lower than other luxury auto companies.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by James Wilson
To me Acura should just go all in on the Sports Hybrid offering. Why?

1. It will return better MPG than a 4-cylinder or most turbo-charged alternatives that may only be FWD

2. Most SUV shoppers prefer AWD

3. The Sports-Hybrid offers greater horsepower while also being more fuel efficient

4. The Sports Hybrid to me is Acura's current competitive edge.

5. Economies of Scale-The more they focus on the Sports Hybrid, the better the ROI, and if this option spreads across nearly the entire lineup, they will be able to offer other goodies in their cars and keep the price competitive or lower than other luxury auto companies.
Hey man I FULLY FULLY agree with you. There is A LOT of potential with that sport hybrid technology and if Acura really jumps in with both feet they will absolutely come out ahead. Many companies have hybrids, a few have sport hybrids but none really can pull it off. If Acura can start marketing it and push it into all their cars it will really do a lot to improve the brands image. The way Acura integrated the sport hybrid tech into SH-AWD is a first in the automotive world and they should be pushing heavy with that.

There are a lot of talks about Hybrids and pure EV's being mandatory in the future. Acura could get a jump on the next step and skip ahead. They could perfect the Hybrid tech with better batteries with more power/lighter and better reserves...etc. Like
you said, it provides more power while simultaneously better fuel economy...really a win win. But I doubt Acura will make a sport hybrid RDX because they don't have the powertrain at the moment (they won't put the MDX one in because of that stupid power level hierarchy they like to keep)
Old 08-16-2017, 08:03 PM
Pro

Hey man I FULLY FULLY agree with you. There is A LOT of potential with that sport hybrid technology and if Acura really jumps in with both feet they will absolutely come out ahead. Many companies have hybrids, a few have sport hybrids but none really can pull it off. If Acura can start marketing it and push it into all their cars it will really do a lot to improve the brands image. The way Acura integrated the sport hybrid tech into SH-AWD is a first in the automotive world and they should be pushing heavy with that.

There are a lot of talks about Hybrids and pure EV's being mandatory in the future. Acura could get a jump on the next step and skip ahead. They could perfect the Hybrid tech with better batteries with more power/lighter and better reserves...etc. Like
you said, it provides more power while simultaneously better fuel economy...really a win win. But I doubt Acura will make a sport hybrid RDX because they don't have the powertrain at the moment (they won't put the MDX one in because of that stupid power level hierarchy they like to keep)
Actually they could use the Pilot/Ridgeline version of the DI 3.5 and it would be identical power to the current motor. I doubt they will go that route though.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Actually they could use the Pilot/Ridgeline version of the DI 3.5 and it would be identical power to the current motor. I doubt they will go that route though.
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I didn't mean that they don't have a V6 to put in, I meant that they don't have a hybrid powertrain to put in. They could fit the MDX one but won't because they don't like having equal power along the model lineup.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:17 AM
NJT

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I didn't mean that they don't have a V6 to put in, I meant that they don't have a hybrid powertrain to put in. They could fit the MDX one but won't because they don't like having equal power along the model lineup.
I am not an engine expert by any means, but I believe a carmaker can use the same basic components of an engine and tweak it for individual vehicles. Thus, they could use the same Sports Hybrid components between the MDX and RDX, and make slight modifications to enable the MDX to have a higher HP figure. But, even if that was not the case, if Acura had just one offering per vehicle (ILX, TLX, RLX, CDX when it comes, RDX, MDX) that is a sports hybrid, that would be a max of six different engine configurations which they are already doing more than that by offering some sports hybrid and base engine options.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:59 AM
Racer

Maybe I missed something by Honda but where is all this Sport hybrid talk coming from?

Sport model?I doubt if there will be a regular model RDX hybrid.
With gas prices the way they are and really no sign of big increases with the US having our own oil,hybrids aren't selling very well.
A $50K+ RDX hybrid?
Old 08-17-2017, 08:04 AM

Maybe I missed something by Honda but where is all this Sport hybrid talk coming from?

With gas prices the way they are and really no sign of big increases with the US having our own oil,hybrids aren't selling very well.
A $50K+ RDX hybrid?
that's exactly where the "sport" is coming into play
the SH-SHAWD is not a conventional hybrid...
when we talk hybrid, we're talking about the sport SH-SHAWD with 377HP.

if the whole lineup went Sport "hybrid" ie; SH-SHAWD....it would be a game changer.
colt427 (08-17-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 08:17 AM
Racer

that's exactly where the "sport" is coming into play
the SH-SHAWD is not a conventional hybrid...
when we talk hybrid, we're talking about the sport SH-SHAWD with 377HP.

if the whole lineup went Sport "hybrid" ie; SH-SHAWD....it would be a game changer.
I see,thanks.

Do you think Honda will make a Sport RDX hybrid that will list for at least $54K?
I may be wrong but I don't see it happening.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:21 AM

thus why i dislike the what if game. to me, speculating isnt fun.
it's human nature to guess, so i'll bite and say no. not for $54k when the RLX had trouble selling.
although, the RLX was/is ugly.

the only thing we can do is vote by our wallets.
which, you wont see me buying any current Acura..
Old 08-17-2017, 08:30 AM
Racer

thus why i dislike the what if game. to me, speculating isnt fun.
it's human nature to guess, so i'll bite and say no. not for $54k when the RLX had trouble selling.
although, the RLX was/is ugly.

the only thing we can do is vote by our wallets.
which, you wont see me buying any current Acura..

J,I'm figuring $54k because the Advance is just under $45K.
SH-AWD and a 377 HP engine with the Advance options Add in there would be a few on hand so no big discounts or incentives.has got to be around $9K more.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:34 AM

oh, i dont know anything about pricing.
as I cant afford a $45-54k vehicle.

but it would be a tough sell, as the RLX priced similarly didnt sell well.
How many MDX SH-SHAWD have sold so far!?
Old 08-17-2017, 08:48 AM
Racer

The RLX Advance is $62K .I see $10K off sticker without even walking into the dealership and getting more off.
The car is a dud.
Little power and bland design,
Year to date,130 $66K RLX hybrids were sold/leased.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:32 AM
NJT

A $50K+ RDX hybrid?
The sports hybrid is on the NSX, RLX, and now MDX, and is just as much sport as it is fuel efficient. It's really Acura's competitive advantage right now relative to other luxury makers (outside of Tesla which is all EV). What I was saying earlier is that, if Acura really wants to differentiate itself from Honda further, it will have its whole lineup filled with the fun to drive sports hybrids, and let Honda focus more on traditional hybrids.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:35 AM
NJT

The RLX is just way overpriced and should have been fully redesigned rather than having this recent tweak. You can actually get a MDX Sports Hybrid for less than an RLX Sports Hybrid, and the MDX Sports hybrid premium is only $1500 more than the non-hybrid offering, while the city MPG rating is like 7 or 8 more miles per gallon.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:56 AM

J,I'm figuring $54k because the Advance is just under $45K.
SH-AWD and a 377 HP engine with the Advance options Add in there would be a few on hand so no big discounts or incentives.has got to be around $9K more.
I think the Sport Hybrid option on the MDX adds roughly $3,500 to the price - so the RDX Sport Hybrid would slot in at less than 50K.

Given the SUV craze I see it as a real possibility.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:35 AM
Racer

I've never had any interest in an MDX and never knew of the Sport hybrid.
At under $50K, an RDX Sport SH-AWD would be very interesting.
I have absolutely no interest in an RDX with a 2.0t.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:48 AM

I've never had any interest in an MDX and never knew of the Sport hybrid.
At under $50K, an RDX Sport SH-AWD would be very interesting.
I have absolutely no interest in an RDX with a 2.0t.
Curious - what are the primary reasons for not wanting a 2.0t?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! Proto pics page 12