2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!! - Page 9 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

2019 Acura RDX will be the first Acura to have a full REDESIGN!!!

Old 12-01-2017, 11:08 AM   #321
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon2008RDX View Post
It’s not even year 2018 yet. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Patience my friends…
Agreed! but I am just going based on other manufacturers. If they are releasing the car last 2018 then yes it's too early and we have to be patient.
Tony Pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:01 AM   #322
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianDude View Post
its not a question of “if”.
its pretty much confirmed that v4 turbo is coming. Whats not confirmed is horse power and if v6 will be available as an option

Unlikely a V6 is in the offing. Honda can spread the development costs of the 1.5L & 2.0L turbo 4s over a large base of product and with the amount of tech in cars today and pricing pressures, they need to save and take costs out wherever they can. The engine will be tuned a bit different but fundamentally the same as the Hondas.
Nates NJTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:46 PM   #323
Registered Member

I think there will a V6T coming. It just won't be for the RDX (think TLX Type-S, or an engine upgrade option for the RLX and MDX). Most semi-lux and lux manufacturers have a six-turbo option in their line up and if Acura ever wants to play in the same league, they're going to need something that's in between the 2.0T and the 3.5TT SH-SH-AWD in the NSX. A 2.0T SH-SH-AWD would be a viable alternative to a V6T as well.
ZipSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:27 PM   #324
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nates NJTL View Post
Unlikely a V6 is in the offing. Honda can spread the development costs of the 1.5L & 2.0L turbo 4s over a large base of product and with the amount of tech in cars today and pricing pressures, they need to save and take costs out wherever they can. The engine will be tuned a bit different but fundamentally the same as the Hondas.
it will have slightly more power but gobbs and gobbs more torque throughout the power band.
Nexx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:40 PM   #325
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexx View Post
it will have slightly more power but gobbs and gobbs more torque throughout the power band.
Really- care to cite a source? I have not seen any official releases for the power train in the 19 RDX...
chickdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:44 PM   #326

Thanked 13,194 Times in 9,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
Really- care to cite a source? I have not seen any official releases for the power train in the 19 RDX...
Dude works for Honda/Acura.
Nexx has spoken to top heads at Acura. this we know.
what we dont know and what I suspect Nexx cant give; is the info we really want and need. release dates and exact power numbers.

so in the meantime; all we can do is wait and listen to Nexx give out half truths.
this is why speculation threads arent really fun....Sure it's fun to guess....but no one knows whats really going on behind the scenes

Last edited by justnspace; 12-06-2017 at 03:46 PM.
justnspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:09 PM   #327
I love tacos

Thanked 3,533 Times in 2,652 Posts
no one is asking you to post or even read in here, if speculation isn't fun for you.
TacoBello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:55 PM   #328
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexx View Post
By gobbs and gobbs, I'm hoping you mean the torque will be in excess of 300lb-ft!
ZipSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:49 PM   #329
MTD
Registered Member

The 2.0T in the Honda Avancier makes around 270/270 so Id think/hope that the newer RDX would improve on those numbers. That kind of tq down low in the powerband and the RDX could be quick.

The current version of the J35 is a dinosaur. But, the newer 3.5 GDI version used in the MDX and TLX would be a nice option to have. Why not offer 2 powerplants?
MTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:30 AM   #330

Thanked 13,194 Times in 9,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBello View Post
no one is asking you to post or even read in here, if speculation isn't fun for you.
go hug tobey.

speculation is fun! the waiting part isnt fun. plus, who are YOU to tell me what I can and cannot do?
justnspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:54 AM   #331
I love tacos

Thanked 3,533 Times in 2,652 Posts

You *just* said above (post #326) that speculation threads aren't fun. And yet you're in here. I don't get it

Look, with 5 year life cycles, that leaves a whole lotta time for us to speculate. What else are we gonna do? Watch the grass grow?
TacoBello is offline   Reply With Quote