2016 RDX price (to be) paid

Old 05-07-2015, 10:11 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 RDX price (to be) paid

Hi,
2016 RDX is already on lots. I can see them in inventory of LA and nearby areas. I am interested in FWD Tech Package (with no Advance and Acurawatch package). Initial quote is given to me is $38,000. This looks really high to me. Considering that 2015 RDX with Tech package is closing at $35,000, that price looks big. With no major changes, $3000 is not worth (for me).
If anybody in market got some good numbers, would like to share here ? Or if somebody like to comment, how much should I expect to pay.
Regards
Old 05-08-2015, 12:07 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by abhisheks77
Hi,
2016 RDX is already on lots. I can see them in inventory of LA and nearby areas. I am interested in FWD Tech Package (with no Advance and Acurawatch package). Initial quote is given to me is $38,000. This looks really high to me. Considering that 2015 RDX with Tech package is closing at $35,000, that price looks big. With no major changes, $3000 is not worth (for me).
If anybody in market got some good numbers, would like to share here ? Or if somebody like to comment, how much should I expect to pay.
Regards

If you are reading what's on Acura dealer's web sites for inventory and it shows 2016 RDX's....they were put there by Acura...NOT the dealer. So, those vehicles are "on the way"...NOT on the lot -- in most cases. I got "hood winked" by that very issue. My car I ordered is listed now on my dealer's web site. Meaning it has a VIN and is scheduled for that certain dealer....but, they don't expect to see my RDX for approx. 10 days..or maybe more.

They did just receive..on the lot...2 new '16's. Normally you can distinguish the cars that are "on the lot" by the fact there are actual multiple pictures of that vehicle. Even when they are still on the way...dealer stock #'s are assigned...making you think they are on the lot. That was the "old days" apparently!!

Prices...there are significant changes on the '16...all mostly "technical things"...throughout. Yes, some new headlights, front grill and rear lights changed. But, $3,000 is not that bad. My info. so far....is that for awhile dealers will not be discounting the '16's very much. Later in the year I'm sure buyers will be able to do better.

I won't say what I'm paying for mine. But, there are times when it helps to be a "good customer" of a dealership and know the GM like I do. Not "old friends"...met him at the dealership during my first Acura purchase. So, now I'm getting a great price...and in his words...YOU are the only one getting this kind of deal!

And, too, it depends on the size of the dealership and where in the country you are.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:29 AM
Advanced

Aha... I got this trick now :-)
Then it looks like, they may not give further discounts on what they proposed initially.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:10 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
I think while there are still 15's to sell they won't discount the 16's. But once the 15's are gone I think the 16's will be selling at a similar discount as the 15's pretty quickly. They are popular cars, but it is only an update and not an all new car. So as soon as supply = demand, the discounts will start. Especially with more and more competition coming from the NX, the MKC and the new Ford Edge.

Oh, and they need to offer some discount to sell those ugly wheels!
The following users liked this post:
abhisheks77 (05-08-2015)
Old 05-08-2015, 10:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 303 Likes on 211 Posts
Local dealer (sunnyside, nashua, nh) got their first to their lot today. They posted a FB pic of it coming off the hauler. White AWD Advance. Pretty sharp looking. Not leaps and bounds different than the '15 when you see them parked together. So they're showing up!
Old 05-08-2015, 10:57 AM
9th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Aha... I got this trick now :-)
Then it looks like, they may not give further discounts on what they proposed initially.
Not a rocket science.. any of the products depends on a three dimensional model of Demand vs Supply vs Competition.

Now for 2015 year model you are on a good point on the Demand & Supply curve, all you have to play is with the competition to get the good deal.

Whereas for 2016 model all product owners will expect the demand to be more than the supply and so you will not get any discounts quickly.

Whatever that is just make a decision, go buy and move on with your life peacefully. Some times over thinking may save you couple of hundred dollars but you would have lost the precious time in your life that you have used it elsewhere.. My 0.02$
Old 05-08-2015, 12:21 PM
Advanced

Yes, make sense. Technology package on 2015 and 2016 are almost same. Only difference (for me) I was considering is, little fresh and sharp look and resale value later after 3/5 years. But yes, $3000 is big :-)
Old 05-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 581 Posts
Orange County just sold a 2016 for invoice
Old 05-08-2015, 12:58 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by 2012wagon

Would you mind telling how you know this is a fact. Orange Co. is not known for doing this...but, anything is possible. I lived there for over 20 yrs. Bought many cars there. Hard to believe that a new '16 sold for invoice. Maybe the owner's son!! LOL!!

Just curious...so don't take it personal.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:05 PM
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
That was dumb...unless they have a truck waiting to unload a dozen or more.

Maybe it was hail damaged?!?
Old 05-08-2015, 01:22 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Yes, make sense. Technology package on 2015 and 2016 are almost same. Only difference (for me) I was considering is, little fresh and sharp look and resale value later after 3/5 years. But yes, $3000 is big :-)

Without really some heavy investigating on ALL the differences the '16 Tech does have, the following, that the '15 does not. If I'm wrong...shoot me...OK...fun here...just let me know.

1. Blind Spot Information System
2. Rear Cross Traffic Monitor
3. 7" touch screen audio display. ( Have this in my '15 Accord Cpe EX-L...GREAT!)
4. 8 way power passenger seat
5. Rear a/c heating vents
6. Hood struts...no lifting and placing "stick."
7. Navigation with 3D view
8. Aha compatible and HD radio....NOT SURE ON THESE YET....so don't throw darts at me.

I'm sure I missed some items that are also a "new thing" for the '16 RDX..all models.

Like recalibrated AWD system that puts more wheel torque to the rears when needed during dry but slippery...and full on wet/snowy conditions.

Suspension and steering recalibrated.

The unibody has been strengthened in key areas to make sure Acura gets a 5-Star crash rating in ALL categories of crashes. Not just an "overall 5-star rating.

I'm sure there are more "things."
Old 05-08-2015, 01:38 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Would you mind telling how you know this is a fact. Orange Co. is not known for doing this...but, anything is possible. I lived there for over 20 yrs. Bought many cars there. Hard to believe that a new '16 sold for invoice. Maybe the owner's son!! LOL!!

My brother in law bought it
No trade in
No lease
Cash purchase
Old 05-08-2015, 02:12 PM
Pro

No trade in
No lease
Cash purchase
Even less smart for them...no potential for margin on a trade-in, no money for the finance guy...dang!
5 Acuras (05-11-2015)
Old 05-08-2015, 02:18 PM
Safety Car

Dealerships are long time businesses
With understanding of potential future business etc

Same reason a dealer charges 40k more Han msrp for hellcat
Other dealers sell for msrp knowing hat guy might buy viper and a Durango for wife

Thus deal comparison is so hard

Each car deal is unique
Old 05-09-2015, 12:35 AM
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts
No trade in
No lease
Cash purchase
Mind sharing the dealership?
Old 05-11-2015, 07:47 AM
CBP TLX

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
No trade in
No lease
Cash purchase
Plausible.... But wow, it does sound incredible that a dealer would sell what is currently a new low inventory 2016 RDX for invoice.
Wish my local dealer was that generous with me. I have been a loyal repeat Acura owner! They have taken enough plenty of my cash on sales and service! LOL
Old 05-11-2015, 09:28 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by CybrRdr
Plausible.... But wow, it does sound incredible that a dealer would sell what is currently a new low inventory 2016 RDX for invoice.
Wish my local dealer was that generous with me. I have been a loyal repeat Acura owner! They have taken enough plenty of my cash on sales and service! LOL
Well, the dealer left a good two grand sitting on the table! Sounds like SOMEbody has selfie pics of the owner .
Old 05-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Advanced

Would you like to mention which dealership ?
Old 05-11-2015, 12:30 PM
CBP TLX

Old 05-11-2015, 12:49 PM
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Like others have mentioned, each dealership's strategy is unique. I'm not surprised the 16s are selling at prices closer to invoice. They may only have two this week but they might have 12 by next week and 20+ the week after. These are not limited edition cars.

I purchased a car the week of release before and paid a price closer to invoice than msrp. Price was a higher priority to me than getting the car right away so I told the dealer that. I told them feel free to sell your first batch of cars to other customers as price was more important to me but make sure I can take delivery by XYZ. I ended up waiting 2 weeks to get my car, I was happy to get a newly released car at the price I paid.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:58 PM
Advanced

What is invoice price of 2016 RDX with Technology Package ?
Old 05-11-2015, 03:00 PM
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
What is invoice price of 2016 RDX with Technology Package ?
According to TrueCar, the difference between MSRP and invoice on a 2016 FWD tech is about $2300. Considering that '15s sold for at least $3k under MSRP 1-2 year ago in the LA area and even less now (just e-mail a few dealerships), it's now a bit more believable that someone purchased a '16 for invoice.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:24 PM
Advanced

Yes, 2015 Technology package is going as low as $34k (excluding taxes). But that is with negotiation, rebates and incentives.
2016 will not have any rebate, so assume there will be around $4,000 difference between similar packages of 2015 vs 2016
Old 05-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts
Invoice pricing for a FWD 2016 Acura RDX with technology package according to Edmunds is $37,587 - MSRP is $39,890 - their True Market Value (TMV) is $38,668.

I was quoted at $38,6xx when I inquired with one of the OC (Mission Viejo) dealerships about 2 weeks ago.

I, too, am skeptical of invoice price on a currently low-inventory car especially without details. A discount of ~$1,000 - $1,200 I can bite on - lots of RDX's will be coming out of Ohio, sure, but over $2,000 on a car that isn't even on most dealership lots?! In my business, we'd suspect a condition of sale. Does your BIL have a relationship with the dealership and/or GM?

What I don't get is why wouldn't a dealership prefer to sit on a 2016 model in the showroom as a demo to bring customers in. It would help them sell 2015 models now since the customer is in the door, at least until more units arrive before making a sale on it - let alone at invoice when plenty of folks will do repeat business at MSRP. My wife and I would've been at a dealership asap to work out a deal had they had/kept on the lot when we inquired this past weekend. We would've checked it out, subscribed to the purchase and waited for our allotment at the price point we're happy with. No, we would not have bought necessarily the model on the floor but it would have secured whichever dealership a sale later (with down payment!).

Again.. seems strange for a dealership to let go at invoice - but please share the info if it's true, I think we'd all like to get our 2016's at invoice!
Old 05-13-2015, 03:15 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He probably meant MSRP, a lot of people see the sticker o the car and think that is invoice. I have seen people interchange invoice and msrp. Not saying that coloroado is or is not, just something to think about.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:39 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by dmnguyen
He probably meant MSRP, a lot of people see the sticker o the car and think that is invoice. I have seen people interchange invoice and msrp. Not saying that coloroado is or is not, just something to think about.

He had answered and said it was bought at Invoice. And, yes, I know the difference quite well. Over 30 new cars bought, over 60 owned. I have a copy of the Invoice for my '16 AWD Advance in my folder right now. My RDX is on the train and was in Kansas yesterday.

Ask the dealer for the Invoice when you are sitting down and serious about buying. I only deal with the GM or his/her #2 which is the Gen. Sales Mgr. They will show and or give you a copy...since they know we can get the same info. on different web sites.

The Invoice on a AWD Advance to include Del. and Ad. fees is....$42,164.70. The dealer gets charged the Ad fees by Acura and so that is added in to the Invoice.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:22 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
As a guide, or to buy, you could use "carsdirect". For a 2016 AWD, Advance RDX, MSRP $44.340 they guarantee a price of $43015 in my zip code.
It is a solution if you do not like to haggle with the dealership.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:45 PM
4th Gear

For my 2016 RDX Tech that I bought on Tuesday, I only got $500.00 off the sticker price, but I did get a little above the Edmunds guide on my trade-in, so the deal still worked for what I intended to pay.

I probably should have haggled more, but they really wear you down to the point where it made more sense to go back to work than spend any more time haggling.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:53 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by PossumGrease
For my 2016 RDX Tech that I bought on Tuesday, I only got $500.00 off the sticker price, but I did get a little above the Edmunds guide on my trade-in, so the deal still worked for what I intended to pay.

I probably should have haggled more, but they really wear you down to the point where it made more sense to go back to work than spend any more time haggling.
Depending on the condition of your trade, that might not be a bad deal at all...especially on a brand new vehicle. Hate to hear you got worn down; but a few hundred bucks on a $40k purchase isn't worth losing sleep over(or stressing out at work). Enjoy!!!
Old 05-15-2015, 12:03 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by CoachRick
Depending on the condition of your trade, that might not be a bad deal at all...especially on a brand new vehicle. Hate to hear you got worn down; but a few hundred bucks on a $40k purchase isn't worth losing sleep over(or stressing out at work). Enjoy!!!

Certainly not worth stressing over. But, knowing how to buy a new vehicle will keep anyone from "feeling stressed" or "worn down" by some sales person.

I never buy from a sales person. Only from the GM or the Gen. Sales Mgr. Go in knowing "the numbers"...meaning, know the Invoice amount..what the dealer paid.

Use some of the services on web sites that may be connected to certain dealers with guaranteed pricing. But, if you are after the best deal you can get.....sit down with one of the two positions I mentioned above and make an offer. He/she will tell you they can, can't...or won't do that deal. Always start LOW, like a couple hundred bucks above Invoice. He/she will smile or laugh or say OK. If they don't say OK, then add a little to it. It helps if it's your second or 3rd...or.??? purchase. That helps in getting a better deal.

I recently negotiated my 10th new vehicle purchase in the last 9 yrs, and my 32nd new vehicle...a '16 AWD Advance that's on it's way by rail as we speak. Not saying this to be "bragging"...but, to show I have buying experience. Made this deal via email. Yes, emailing my GM that I bought 1 other Acura from before. We stayed in contact...and he is a great personable guy. He knows I grind hard on pricing...I made an offer...he couldn't do it...but, told me the minimum he had to have. I said OK...but, I have to get what I want for my '13 RDX trade. We "danced" with that figure a little bit...BUT....I got exactly what I wanted.

But, this was all fairly easy. IF you go the route of sitting down with the first sales person that grabs you....then you are in for a "haggling nightmare."

Waste of my time and I quit doing that many years ago. Just call the dealer, ask to make an appt. to talk to the GM. IF not available or whatever...then ask for the Gen. Sales Mgr. IF asked why for either....just say "I want to talk to them about buying a new vehicle. I will not talk with anyone else."

Helps to look up the web site of the dealer...and they normally have a place to got to check out the "staff"....find the names of the GM and the GSM. Ask for one of them when you call for an appt. Having their name helps to get things started.

It works for me quite well. I now know well the GM's of 5 dealerships where I have done business. All I have to do is call them or email them when I want to buy something.

And for my '16 RDX...I'm paying a lot less than $500 under MSRP. But, it's because of the relationship I built with my GM. The price I'm paying is NOT being offered to the average walk in buyer. Not early on with these new MMY revamped RDX's. Later in the year deals can be made for most who know how to get it done.

Across this country does that mean you can't get a very good deal early on? No...there are always dealers here and there that are much easier to work with even with new releases like this '16 RDX.

Last edited by Colorado Guy AF Ret.; 05-15-2015 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:13 AM
CBP TLX

I also stop dealing directly with general salesman. So tired of the song and dance they do.... "4 squares", "let me talk to my manager", "manager/salesman tag team", etc.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:19 AM
5th Gear

Just bought a 2016 advanced in so cal for $1100 less than msrp slate silver. No trades. I would of liked to lease but the money factor of .002 was too high. Great purchase experience.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:35 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by stevec32
Just bought a 2016 advanced in so cal for $1100 less than msrp slate silver. No trades. I would of liked to lease but the money factor of .002 was too high. Great purchase experience.

Not bad. Congrats!! I agree...better to buy...the resale value or "residual value" is fairly high on most Acura and Honda vehicles. So, my '13 RDX AWD Tech...that I'm trading for my new '16 AWD Advance has 24k plus miles....very well cared for....I got 73% of the MSRP in trade. It would be 3 yrs on the road in early June. I bought it right so, that's pretty good I think.

Yes, they were trying to make extra with that money factor. But, that can be negotiated too. When you go in to "buy" a new car...but want to lease....don't tell them anything. Negotiate the price of the vehicle. IF they ask about buy or lease...don't give a direct answer...or you can say you are "looking to buy"...but, later IF you want it then ask about a lease. THEN you can negotiate the "money factor." And, in So. Cal. you have more dealers to "visit!" LOL!

I know..lived there 23 yrs. and bought a LOT of vehicles during that time. Leased only one...and never again. I did OK with that one...and got out of it by selling it for more than the pay off was.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:51 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by CybrRdr
I also stop dealing directly with general salesman. So tired of the song and dance they do.... "4 squares", "let me talk to my manager", "manager/salesman tag team", etc.

LOL!!! 4 squares is such an OLD sales person method of sitting down with a potential buyer and working through the purchase. Still used...but, has disappeared from most dealers. Many buyers are more aware now...with the help from web sites...giving the "numbers" that are needed to negotiate with.

When you work with the GM or the GSM you don't get that "system" pushed at you. You sit down...you know the Invoice or should..if not ask for it. Virtually all dealers will give you a copy. I have mine. They know you can get the amount on line. Then make an offer. And go from there. Stick with what you can afford most to pay. Be willing to walk away. Many times...they'll call you back later if you were an up front person...respectful in your approach, know your numbers and what you are talking about. Know the vehicle too. Read up on it before you negotiate.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:03 PM
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by PossumGrease

Same as me. My dealer would not budge off sticker but was more than fair with trade in and I got $750 off for being military retiree. The vehicle just hit the market so I understand the price and it is not like there are multiple Acura dealers around. I drove the 2016 and loved it so I am happy or will be when it gets here.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:51 AM
Summer is Coming

Originally Posted by Puma Jim
Same as me. My dealer would not budge off sticker but was more than fair with trade in and I got $750 off for being military retiree. The vehicle just hit the market so I understand the price and it is not like there are multiple Acura dealers around. I drove the 2016 and loved it so I am happy or will be when it gets here.
Was this just your dealer? Or is this an Acura wide thing? I've not heard Acura doing this before.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:07 AM
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts
It is listed under current offers on Acura web site
Rocket_man (05-22-2015)
Old 05-20-2015, 10:55 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Most manufacturers have been offering some kind of "cash offer" for active and retired military....as well as Law Enforcement and Fireman. Ford has an ongoing program for those folks.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:08 AM
Summer is Coming

Most manufacturers have been offering some kind of "cash offer" for active and retired military....as well as Law Enforcement and Fireman. Ford has an ongoing program for those folks.
I hadn't even notice Acura doing this. It runs our 30 Jun and you need to use Acura Financing. I probably am not going to be buying before 30 Jun unfortunately. But thanks for pointing it out.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
We did it

We ordered an Advance AWD graphite with ebony inside.
We paid 1200 under MSRP.
For our trade they gave us the KBB price .
The car will be build on June 20 so we should have it early July.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 RDX price (to be) paid