2016 RDX price (to be) paid

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 10:50 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jnthai
I pretty much got the same deal over the weekend. Thanks, Howy! Love the RDX!
Congrats and enjoy
Old 12-30-2015, 02:37 PM
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bought a 2016 AWD w/ Tech Pkg

Hi all! New to the forum.
Bought a '16 AWD w/ Tech Pkg (white/parchment) off the showroom floor the wknd before Christmas.

The dealership was 100+ miles away. I had a deposit down on and went in to buy a base model AWD (no pkgs), but left with a AWD Tech pkg (long story).

MSRP: $41,410
Paid: $38,100 (including $500 recent grad discount) + $75 doc fee + TTL

The price included:
- Acura all-weather mats (front & rear)
- Acura cargo tray
- $600 worth of 3M protective film (already installed on part of hood & front fenders, 4 door edges & behind 4 door handles since it was a showroom vehicle)
- 4 free oil changes
- Full tank of gas
- Can purchase any future accessories at dealer's cost (in writing from the new car sales mgr)

A fair deal in my area.

Am really liking the RDX so far, especially after the snow storm we had on Monday!
Old 12-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
checking 3 dealers around me - 2 are at around 36 even on a AWD no packages, in stock. closest dealer is at 36,400. need to check on fees.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:43 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by kipsy
checking 3 dealers around me - 2 are at around 36 even on a AWD no packages, in stock. closest dealer is at 36,400. need to check on fees.
I was originally going to buy an AWD w/ no pkgs.
The lowest price I was quoted (in writing) was $35,690 + $75 doc fee + TTL
Quotes were about 2 wks ago in MN.
Old 12-31-2015, 04:53 PM
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ATGNAT
Hi all! New to the forum.
Bought a '16 AWD w/ Tech Pkg (white/parchment) off the showroom floor the wknd before Christmas.

The dealership was 100+ miles away. I had a deposit down on and went in to buy a base model AWD (no pkgs), but left with a AWD Tech pkg (long story).

MSRP: $41,410
Paid: $38,100 (including $500 recent grad discount) + $75 doc fee + TTL

The price included:
- Acura all-weather mats (front & rear)
- Acura cargo tray
- $600 worth of 3M protective film (already installed on part of hood & front fenders, 4 door edges & behind 4 door handles since it was a showroom vehicle)
- 4 free oil changes
- Full tank of gas
- Can purchase any future accessories at dealer's cost (in writing from the new car sales mgr)

A fair deal in my area.

Am really liking the RDX so far, especially after the snow storm we had on Monday!
I'd love to hear your story on how you ended up from base to tech.

And you're really going to drive 200 miles round trip, 4 times, for a free oil change?
Old 01-04-2016, 09:17 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by The Dark Knight
I'd love to hear your story on how you ended up from base to tech.

And you're really going to drive 200 miles round trip, 4 times, for a free oil change?
I go to that city a handful of times a year anyway so I'll just time a visit to coincide with an oil change and drive a loaner vehicle around while I'm there.

The '16 RDX is the first vehicle where the base model included all my must-haves: moonroof, XM, keyless entry/start; and wants: LED headlights, power tailgate.

I had a deposit down on a white base AWD with no pkgs, but when I got to the dealership to look over the particular RDX I had on hold and sign the papers, there were some fit/finish issues with it. 1) the tailgate didn't line up very good (tight on bottom right corner), 2) condensation inside a tail light, 3) about a foot lower that the driver's door handle, there was small piece of what seemed like concrete that was actually stuck into the paint. If you removed it, it would leave a hole in the paint, 4) there was a small dent in the dash on the passenger side, and 5) the person with me said the passenger side heated seat only seemed to heat up on on one side (we switched seats while he drove and he was right but it eventually heated up on both sides). Plus it didn't seem to drive as nicely as others I had test driven. All that added up to a deal-breaker for me...that particular RDX anyway. The salesman kept saying "oh that's all under warranty. We can fix that later". No way did I want that hassle.

The salesman did nothing to save a sale. He only wanted to refund my deposit and let me leave. No other white AWD bases w/ no pkgs available. I didn't want a different color. They didn't expect another white one for at least 2-3 months. I noticed the new car sales mgr in his office so asked him what he could offer for options. He offered a different color base or the white RDX that was sitting in the showroom (AWD Tech pkg) for under invoice including extras. I left and thought about it for a while and then went back and negotiated a bit more on the white Tech and had them pull it out for me to drive. It drove so much better than the one I had a deposit on and it had zero fit/finish issues so I bought it. Kind of sounds like a classic "bait and switch" scenario, but really wasn't in person.

I like my RDX more every day.
The following users liked this post:
The Dark Knight (01-05-2016)
Old 01-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ATGNAT
I go to that city a handful of times a year anyway so I'll just time a visit to coincide with an oil change and drive a loaner vehicle around while I'm there.

The '16 RDX is the first vehicle where the base model included all my must-haves: moonroof, XM, keyless entry/start; and wants: LED headlights, power tailgate.

I had a deposit down on a white base AWD with no pkgs, but when I got to the dealership to look over the particular RDX I had on hold and sign the papers, there were some fit/finish issues with it. 1) the tailgate didn't line up very good (tight on bottom right corner), 2) condensation inside a tail light, 3) about a foot lower that the driver's door handle, there was small piece of what seemed like concrete that was actually stuck into the paint. If you removed it, it would leave a hole in the paint, 4) there was a small dent in the dash on the passenger side, and 5) the person with me said the passenger side heated seat only seemed to heat up on on one side (we switched seats while he drove and he was right but it eventually heated up on both sides). Plus it didn't seem to drive as nicely as others I had test driven. All that added up to a deal-breaker for me...that particular RDX anyway. The salesman kept saying "oh that's all under warranty. We can fix that later". No way did I want that hassle.

The salesman did nothing to save a sale. He only wanted to refund my deposit and let me leave. No other white AWD bases w/ no pkgs available. I didn't want a different color. They didn't expect another white one for at least 2-3 months. I noticed the new car sales mgr in his office so asked him what he could offer for options. He offered a different color base or the white RDX that was sitting in the showroom (AWD Tech pkg) for under invoice including extras. I left and thought about it for a while and then went back and negotiated a bit more on the white Tech and had them pull it out for me to drive. It drove so much better than the one I had a deposit on and it had zero fit/finish issues so I bought it. Kind of sounds like a classic "bait and switch" scenario, but really wasn't in person.

I like my RDX more every day.
niceee!!!

sucks the salesman did nothing to save the sale... so odd.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:20 AM
Cruisin'

Just picked up my 2016 Base Fwd in Plano Tx. Vehicle price was $33057 including destination charge. The dealership added tinted windows, wheel locks and nitrogen in the tires which was included in that price. I couldn't find one locally that didn't already have those 3 "installed" as I prefer to have no dealer installed parts on my cars. I did mention that I thought the "locks" were totally useless and they would be coming off the car as soon as possible and that all air is 78% nitrogen. This price was before my trade and all the fees and taxes. The tint is not terrible but I prefer to pick my own and not go with the generic metallic based tint that the dealer uses.

Honestly I think I could have shopped around a bit and gotten a little more for my trade and gotten the price down a bit more had I left. My gut tells me I left $1000 on the table somewhere between vehicle price and trade. I consider that's the price I pay for not being willing to play the "game".

Just for a little more info, they claim that hold back is 2% of MSRP.

If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask, hopefully the more info we have out there the more informed we can be when throwing down this kind of money.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:27 PM
Cruisin'

I was at the dealership yesterday looking to purchase a 2016 RDX w/ AWD and technology package. I did my research prior to negotiating and found that the "true market value" was around $39,400 (figuring that the salesman was going to start high this would be the number I would work towards). I also told him that I was curious what discounts Costco has for the car.

When he came back he stated that costco discount is $2400 below msrp but I would have to pay for the aftermarket fee of $699 (which includes wheel locks, etc.) The MSRP was $41,390. The price with the discount $38,990 + the aftermarket fee of $699 making the total $38,689 (about $700 above invoice).

At this point my 2 year old was getting fussy and I told them my wife and I wanted to discuss the purchase so we walked out.

My question is how much do you guys think I can negotiate to get the best deal possible?

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2016, 08:56 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by pinoyballah
I was at the dealership yesterday looking to purchase a 2016 RDX w/ AWD and technology package. I did my research prior to negotiating and found that the "true market value" was around $39,400 (figuring that the salesman was going to start high this would be the number I would work towards). I also told him that I was curious what discounts Costco has for the car.

When he came back he stated that costco discount is $2400 below msrp but I would have to pay for the aftermarket fee of $699 (which includes wheel locks, etc.) The MSRP was $41,390. The price with the discount $38,990 + the aftermarket fee of $699 making the total $38,689 (about $700 above invoice).

At this point my 2 year old was getting fussy and I told them my wife and I wanted to discuss the purchase so we walked out.

My question is how much do you guys think I can negotiate to get the best deal possible?

Thanks!
I suggest you forget Costco, forget invoice, and don't spend too much time on any website that claims to know "True Market Value." There are two numbers you want to focus on: MSRP for your chosen trim level/options, and the Offer to you - what % off MSRP you can get. If the vehicle you want is in decent supply in your area, you should be able to get 7-8% off MSRP easily, maybe more depending on your local market.

By Offer, I mean the price to you including Acura's destination charge (which I think went up from $920 to $940). You'll have to add tax, title & license to any offer price you get. Other fees depend on where you are, state laws, etc.

Shop at the end of the month. Start shopping by phone/email as described by me and others earlier in this thread. And don't bring kids or anything else that distracts your attention from the numbers. The game is played on your money!
Old 01-25-2016, 02:59 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by othermike
I suggest you forget Costco, forget invoice, and don't spend too much time on any website that claims to know "True Market Value." There are two numbers you want to focus on: MSRP for your chosen trim level/options, and the Offer to you - what % off MSRP you can get. If the vehicle you want is in decent supply in your area, you should be able to get 7-8% off MSRP easily, maybe more depending on your local market.

By Offer, I mean the price to you including Acura's destination charge (which I think went up from $920 to $940). You'll have to add tax, title & license to any offer price you get. Other fees depend on where you are, state laws, etc.

Shop at the end of the month. Start shopping by phone/email as described by me and others earlier in this thread. And don't bring kids or anything else that distracts your attention from the numbers. The game is played on your money!
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:55 PM
8th Gear

Just purchased a 2016 RDX AWD - Advance Package over the weekend in Chicago area. Invoice price was $42,085 (including destination charge). I paid $41,979. I traded in my 2013 RDX AWD - base, and the dealer gave me KBB value. I feel like I got a good deal.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:09 PM
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
How much in dealer fees?
Old 01-31-2016, 10:30 PM
Cruisin'

we picked up our 2016 rdx awd w/ tech package eariler this week. MSRP $41,490. We paid $38,990 w/ $699 accessory fee (wheel locks, tinted windows, rear bumper film protector, all season weather mats).
Old 02-22-2016, 12:53 PM
8th Gear

Just started shopping here on the Massachusetts - New Hamphsire border. I bought the first (2007) RDX AWD Turbo on faith and a couple of test drives and have loved it ever since. Looking for another 2016 AWD with the Tech Package. I'm suprised at the disparity in pricing from the three dealers that are close enough to consider. But here's the best offer so far:
MSRP $41,610
Sale price $38,360
Remote start $599.00
Mass sales tax $2,459.62
Our documentation fee $395.00
Mass registation/new plate fee $135.00
Out the door $41,948.62

I've been hoping to do better but 3 dealers may not be a big enough pool to get much movement in price.

How does this deal look compared to what others have been getting lately?
Old 02-23-2016, 07:36 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by michael.thomas002
Just started shopping here on the Massachusetts - New Hamphsire border. I bought the first (2007) RDX AWD Turbo on faith and a couple of test drives and have loved it ever since. Looking for another 2016 AWD with the Tech Package. I'm suprised at the disparity in pricing from the three dealers that are close enough to consider. But here's the best offer so far:
MSRP $41,610
Sale price $38,360
Remote start $599.00
Mass sales tax $2,459.62
Our documentation fee $395.00
Mass registation/new plate fee $135.00
Out the door $41,948.62

I've been hoping to do better but 3 dealers may not be a big enough pool to get much movement in price.

How does this deal look compared to what others have been getting lately?
It seems that the best pricing that can realistically be achieved in about 5% below MSRP, so your price of $3000+ under MSRP is a great price. The dealer is making up a bit with the remote start but that's peanuts.

The tax, tags and doc fee are really immaterial as you can't get around the first two and the doc fee will always be there although you might be able to lower the price of the car by that amount.

But to answer your basic question - it is a very good price.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:08 AM
Pro

"It seems that the best pricing that can realistically be achieved in about 5% below MSRP, so your price of $3000+ under MSRP is a great price. The dealer is making up a bit with the remote start but that's peanuts.

The tax, tags and doc fee are really immaterial as you can't get around the first two and the doc fee will always be there although you might be able to lower the price of the car by that amount."

He's paying $38,775 for the car itself (sale + doc). How is that $3000+ under MSRP?
Old 02-23-2016, 08:41 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by ceb
It seems that the best pricing that can realistically be achieved in about 5% below MSRP, so your price of $3000+ under MSRP is a great price. The dealer is making up a bit with the remote start but that's peanuts.

The tax, tags and doc fee are really immaterial as you can't get around the first two and the doc fee will always be there although you might be able to lower the price of the car by that amount.

But to answer your basic question - it is a very good price.
Thanks for your opinion CEB. It's a little more than 7% off the MSRP not counting the other fees. I started all the conversations off with 10% and all three dealers delivered what they said was their best price as the first and only counter. No movement on price since then although one (who happens to be the best offer as well) is willing to discount any accessories, like the remote starter and tow hitch by another 20% so he probably has the sale. I'll let everyone know what my final tally is once the deal is signed.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:05 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by dirleton
"It seems that the best pricing that can realistically be achieved in about 5% below MSRP, so your price of $3000+ under MSRP is a great price. The dealer is making up a bit with the remote start but that's peanuts.

The tax, tags and doc fee are really immaterial as you can't get around the first two and the doc fee will always be there although you might be able to lower the price of the car by that amount."

He's paying $38,775 for the car itself (sale + doc). How is that $3000+ under MSRP?
CEB is including those fees in the calculation and I think he's right not to. Even though they figure into the final cost, all of the dealers throw them in. I've found only a $50 difference in what they all charge for those fees.

I think you're right in that I will count those in the cost of the car, when I'm asked but they don't count towards the final value when sales tax and excise tax (damn Taxachusetts) are calculated. CEB's calculation, the car is $3200 below MSRP (7.5%), your method it's $2850 below (6.9%). The accessory discount will help though.

Thanks guys.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:12 AM
Pro

One thing the doc fees do is to screw the salesperson on their commission (not that I care). It's essentially additional dealer profit. Unshared.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:50 AM
Pro

CEB is including those fees in the calculation and I think he's right not to. Even though they figure into the final cost, all of the dealers throw them in. I've found only a $50 difference in what they all charge for those fees.

I think you're right in that I will count those in the cost of the car, when I'm asked but they don't count towards the final value when sales tax and excise tax (damn Taxachusetts) are calculated. CEB's calculation, the car is $3200 below MSRP (7.5%), your method it's $2850 below (6.9%). The accessory discount will help though.

Thanks guys.

You take the OTD and subtract the amounts the dealer collected on behalf of the state, county, city, DMV, etc. Then you subtract the amounts paid for additions to the car. The remainder is what you paid for the car. Easy, but few seem to get it.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:54 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Would "about $3000" make you feel better.

I always exclude additional fees since they vary by region and aren't really negotiable per se. A dealer may reduce the sales price of the car by the doc fee but the doc fee will always be there.

The problem with including doc fees is that they skew the actual negotiated price of a car by the average buyer.

In theory, I can negotiate a lower "car plus doc fee" in Maryland (299 cap on doc fees) than in Virginia (699 cap on fees) but the actual negotiated price for the car is identical and the average consumer will pay $400 more in VA - all else being identical.

In order to be fair to all parties asking about prices (especially since the doc fee is a separate line item) is to talk about the negotiated price of the car plus destination fee - and even that isn't really right if you have a trade.

The only really right way to compare price is "I didn't have a trade, looked at a car with an MSRP of $80,000 and negotiated a price of $40,000. On top of that I paid $2500 doc fees, $20,000 in taxes and $300 in tag and title fees."
Old 02-23-2016, 11:03 AM
Pro

"In order to be fair to all parties asking about prices (especially since the doc fee is a separate line item) is to talk about the negotiated price of the car plus destination fee --- "

My point is that negotiated price plus doc fee is what is paid for the car. Everything else is something else. Period. The buyer might not be taking doc fee into account when negotiating a price but you can damn sure bet the dealer is.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:06 AM
Pro

"Would 'about $3000' make you feel better."

Is $2855 "about $3000" in your world?
Old 02-23-2016, 11:36 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

"In order to be fair to all parties asking about prices (especially since the doc fee is a separate line item) is to talk about the negotiated price of the car plus destination fee --- "

My point is that negotiated price plus doc fee is what is paid for the car. Everything else is something else. Period. The buyer might not be taking doc fee into account when negotiating a price but you can damn sure bet the dealer is.
"Would 'about $3000' make you feel better."

Is $2855 "about $3000" in your world?
Somebody piss in your Wheaties this morning - sheesh. Yes, $2855 is "about $3000 when talking about a $40,000 purchase. You know it, I know it and the rest of the board knows it.

It is, of course different when you are sitting at a dealership speaking specifics but if you negotiate a price if $38742.27, there is no way that I'd get the exact number at another dealer. I might pay $39115 or I might pay $38217.48 - did one of us overpay? Of course not - we both paid "about the same" and if that is roughly $3000 under MSRP then we both got a decent deal.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:43 AM
Pro

Would you rather have $145 in your pocket or the dealer's pocket?
Old 02-23-2016, 11:48 AM
8th Gear

Gents, I appreciate the input from everyone here on the board and I will definitely support it by helping where I can on the next buyer's questions.

For what it's worth, I am aware that the ultimate price is the one I have to pay to get the car. It's good to separate those dealer fees because they don't get sales tax, BUT, I do consider them as part of the final cost. As I said, 3 dealers have varied only $50 in their quoted fees and there is no getting around them. Right now, $42,204 out the door is the leader, even though his doc fee is $100 more than one and $50 more than another.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:49 AM
8th Gear

How's about we split it?
Old 02-23-2016, 03:03 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

That depends on the dealer and the situation.

There are some smaller dealerships where the salesperson may be your neighbor or might be in a position to save you money down the road. In that case, the $145 in the dealer's pocket might save you far more down the road.

I had a salesman call me once and say "I saw your car was in the shop. I think the valet might have curbed your wheel - check it when you pick it up"

Sure enough, the wheel had a nice green stripe on the wheel. To combat false claim, that dealership painted every curb green - in this case they ended up fixing the wheel and I bought a second car from that salesman.

How's about we split it?
Three ways is about $50 each. I'll take the "short" $50. My paypal address is....
Old 02-23-2016, 06:57 PM
8th Gear

Well, the deal is done now, not counting the trade in. We added the Acura Trailer Hitch/Ball/Wire Harness because the price was good. (IMO) $575 for dealer installed. Other's may differ. Love to hear from you. Here's the breakout:

MSRP $41,610
Offer Price $38,360
Hitch 575.10
Remote Start 539.10
Protect II 0.00 (Wheel locks, Splash Guards, All season floormats)
Total $39,474.20
Sales Tax 2,457.14
Docs 395.00
Plates/Title 125.00
Out the door $42,461.34

Going with the dealer options on the remote and hitch upped the price a little versus after-market. Could have left them out and gotten it for $41,950 (with remote) but that's how it shook out.

Happy to answer any questions and thanks for all the good advice and fellowship.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:04 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Well, the deal is done now, not counting the trade in. We added the Acura Trailer Hitch/Ball/Wire Harness because the price was good. (IMO) $575 for dealer installed. Other's may differ. Love to hear from you. Here's the breakout:

MSRP $41,610
Offer Price $38,360
Hitch 575.10
Remote Start 539.10
Protect II 0.00 (Wheel locks, Splash Guards, All season floormats)
Total $39,474.20
Sales Tax 2,457.14
Docs 395.00
Plates/Title 125.00
Out the door $42,461.34

Going with the dealer options on the remote and hitch upped the price a little versus after-market. Could have left them out and gotten it for $41,950 (with remote) but that's how it shook out.

Happy to answer any questions and thanks for all the good advice and fellowship.
While going aftermarket might save a bit, buying them the dealer includes them in the 4/50 warranty. If you end up with some electrical gremlin they can't point at your aftermarket remote start and say "that's the problem."
Old 02-24-2016, 03:32 PM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
have atlanta area dealer down to 35 for new 2016 awd and no extras. issue is the doc fess at 600. my area NY has zero doc fees.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:42 PM
Pro

You can't make the doc fee go away, they have to charge it. You need to take it into account when negotiating. Negotiated price plus doc fee is what you will pay for the car.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:26 PM
4th Gear

I picked up my 2016 AWD RDX Advance Monday night here in Metro Atlanta. Went through work's TrueCar program, got 3 dealers to submit quotes via that system. TC got me about $41,700 from the 3 dealers. Then took that number to the 3 OTHER dealers in the area that weren't in the original TrueCar offer process. 2 balked at the original numbers from TC, but finally caved, yet didn't have the color I wanted on their lots. Ended up going with the dealer that is closest to us and worked with them to get the following:

MSRP: $44,360

Paid $41,357 + $599 Doc Fee + TTL.

I also managed to get the dealer to kick in a 2" trailer hitch (not the Acura model, but aftermarket for my bike rack), the protection package (mats, wheel locks & splash guards) as well as the All Weather Mats.

I would bet that someone in their sales or service department is currently zooming around in my trade - my 2004 Civic Si, but that's beside the point. I didn't want to deal with selling that private party.. I just needed to get the RDX. That car almost got more discussion than the actual deal I was working on. I'm really sorry to see that go.

The biggest thing for me was that they're the closest to the house, on my way to work and they were the least amount of drama and general "car sales" attitude of all of the dealers I contacted.

One thing that I kicked myself for was that I didn't negotiate the cargo/tonneau cover for the rear. My wife gently reminded me of this fact after I brought it home Monday. Oh well, more ammo for when she goes and gets her ILX in the spring from (hopefully) the same dealer.

So far its really really awesome. I busted my ass to get this car and I could not be more pleased with it. Its my 5th Honda I've purchased and the 9th in the family.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:43 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by SladeHayes
I picked up my 2016 AWD RDX Advance Monday night here in Metro Atlanta. Went through work's TrueCar program, got 3 dealers to submit quotes via that system. TC got me about $41,700 from the 3 dealers. Then took that number to the 3 OTHER dealers in the area that weren't in the original TrueCar offer process. 2 balked at the original numbers from TC, but finally caved, yet didn't have the color I wanted on their lots. Ended up going with the dealer that is closest to us and worked with them to get the following:

MSRP: $44,360

Paid $41,357 + $599 Doc Fee + TTL.

I also managed to get the dealer to kick in a 2" trailer hitch (not the Acura model, but aftermarket for my bike rack), the protection package (mats, wheel locks & splash guards) as well as the All Weather Mats.

I would bet that someone in their sales or service department is currently zooming around in my trade - my 2004 Civic Si, but that's beside the point. I didn't want to deal with selling that private party.. I just needed to get the RDX. That car almost got more discussion than the actual deal I was working on. I'm really sorry to see that go.

The biggest thing for me was that they're the closest to the house, on my way to work and they were the least amount of drama and general "car sales" attitude of all of the dealers I contacted.

One thing that I kicked myself for was that I didn't negotiate the cargo/tonneau cover for the rear. My wife gently reminded me of this fact after I brought it home Monday. Oh well, more ammo for when she goes and gets her ILX in the spring from (hopefully) the same dealer.

So far its really really awesome. I busted my ass to get this car and I could not be more pleased with it. Its my 5th Honda I've purchased and the 9th in the family.
Good job Slade, IMHO. 5% off seems to be about average lately so anything over 6% should make you feel good. That's the highest doc fee I've seen so far, but it seems to be a region thing. I had 3 dealer quotes and each one was a different fee, all within 20 miles of each other. $299 (the lowest in the biggest city Boston) $399 and $499. I didn't bother talking about any of the fees and concentrated on the out the door price and let them manipulate their numbers however they wanted.

Post a picture if you get a minute.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:34 PM
5th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I think you got a very good / great price Michael.thomas002.
Here in MD paid 38900 for the AWD Tech...included a cargo tray and splash guards...so I guess it really was around 38600

Good job Slade, IMHO. 5% off seems to be about average lately so anything over 6% should make you feel good. That's the highest doc fee I've seen so far, but it seems to be a region thing. I had 3 dealer quotes and each one was a different fee, all within 20 miles of each other. $299 (the lowest in the biggest city Boston) $399 and $499. I didn't bother talking about any of the fees and concentrated on the out the door price and let them manipulate their numbers however they wanted.

Post a picture if you get a minute.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:15 AM
3rd Gear

New to the forum, just thought I'd share my deal. This was in Southern CA:

2016 Acura RDX TECH Acura Watch Plus
MSRP: $41,210
Selling Price: $36,995
SD Sales Tax: $2,966
Document Fee: $80
Registration Fee: $101
Tire Tax: $8.75
License Fee: $240
Filling Fee: $25

Total OTD Price: $40,415.75
Old 03-01-2016, 11:31 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by hockeyrobin1
New to the forum, just thought I'd share my deal. This was in Southern CA:

2016 Acura RDX TECH Acura Watch Plus
MSRP: $41,210
Selling Price: $36,995
SD Sales Tax: $2,966
Document Fee: $80
Registration Fee: $101
Tire Tax: $8.75
License Fee: $240
Filling Fee: $25

Total OTD Price: $40,415.75
Nice work Robin. About 9% off MSRP seems like an excellent deal. Did you have to do anything special to get it?
Old 03-01-2016, 11:50 AM
3rd Gear

Nice work Robin. About 9% off MSRP seems like an excellent deal. Did you have to do anything special to get it?
I emailed about 8 local dealers for best OTD offers. South Coast Acura replied with this deal. Everyone else was about $800 to $1000 higher and balked at their price. DCH Temecula came closest after negotiating, but was still $500 away.

I drove up Sunday (about an hour and 20 mins away) and took delivery, in and out in just over an hour. Price exactly as promised, no games. I'd highly recommend John Wei.
The following users liked this post:
Kaputnik (03-01-2016)
Old 03-01-2016, 02:40 PM
3rd Gear

Correction, the internet salesman was Aaron Wei.

Quick Reply: 2016 RDX price (to be) paid