2016 RDX advance package

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 06:58 AM
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts
2016 RDX advance package

Hello, new here. After looking for an AWD SUV wife and I loved the RDX and I ordered one yesterday. Now I have to hope the dealer can find a basque red pearl!
Old 05-19-2015, 11:58 AM
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Puma Jim
Hello, new here. After looking for an AWD SUV wife and I loved the RDX and I ordered one yesterday. Now I have to hope the dealer can find a basque red pearl!
Congrats! I'm waiting on the same model in graphite. Be sure to post some pics when it arrives.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:14 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hi, Do you mind to tell us how much you paid I am in negotiation with our local dealer and your input will be very useful

Thanks
Old 05-19-2015, 04:15 PM
Instructor

They would not budge off of MSRP at all but gave me more for my trade then I expected and I will get $750 military discount. Since they are the only Acura dealer within a three hour drive and these are 2016's they are in control. I'd be curious to know if your dealer will deal with you.
The following users liked this post:
NLRL (05-19-2015)
Old 05-19-2015, 08:56 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 444 Likes on 303 Posts
They would not budge off of MSRP at all but gave me more for my trade then I expected and I will get $750 military discount. Since they are the only Acura dealer within a three hour drive and these are 2016's they are in control. I'd be curious to know if your dealer will deal with you.

You were not in a "great situation" to be able to deal....but, these aren't Ferraris or Porsches, etc. Sitting down with the GM or the GSM is what needs to be done.

Just because these '16's have changes they are not made of gold....and soon many more will be sitting on the lots. Often it just depends on the dealer's location their "sales style" and attitude. Some or many dealers are charging more for the '16 so they can get people to buy the many left over '15's.

I only have dealt with the GM or the GSM of dealerships for the past 10 yrs at least. I learn who that person is before I ask for an appt. If they want to know why...just say you are looking at different vehicles similar to the RDX and want to talk to either the GM or the GSM. I have done very well using that system. NO sales people.

It did help that I was buying my 2nd Acura from my GM and he has been a great "hands on guy" all along. I emailed him and told him what I wanted and what I thought I should pay. No RDX's were on the lot yet. Had tons of '15's though!

He countered with what he had to have...and that was excellent for me...and he gave me what I wanted for my '13 RDX trade...site unseen. I pick it up this Sat. Diamond White Pearl w/parchment.

It also helps to be patient. IF you can wait on your new purchase, then do that, and go back a few weeks later and sit down with, again -- the GM or the Gen. Sales Mgr...ONLY...and talk about buying the model you want. Start offering UP from the Invoice. Ask for it or get it on line. I've never been refused a copy of the Invoice. My GM emailed me a copy for my "folder" on this purchase.

Cash customers generally do well. Offer a couple hundred over Invoice....cash deal....if that is totally refused then add a little to your offer. But, know at what price you feel is too much and stop there.

If you are financing...do so with your own institution...have a pre-approved loan done ahead of any purchase. When negotiating tell them you have a pre-approved loan with your bank or credit union. Try to stay away from "them" financing your deal. Unless you are offered a great deal through Acura Financing.

Just do your homework and don't be in a huge hurry. These are tips that I pass on from way too many purchases and what I learned works most of the time.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:18 AM
Instructor

Yeah understand what you are saying. My past vehicles I never pay above invoice but unfortunately this time a bit different. We are going to be grandparents and my daughter will need a four door so she is getting our accord so we went shopping for something nice for us. I could wait for price to go down but time is not really on my side for the 2016 RDX to come down and we prefer it over 15's
Old 05-20-2015, 05:20 AM
Instructor

Btw, wife and I are both retired AF as well!
Old 05-20-2015, 10:51 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Btw, wife and I are both retired AF as well!

Wow, that is cool. Can you PM me and we can share some experiences, etc?

Congrats on your '16!! Our '13 has been great. Just the right size and a "nice" SUV. Now even better. Many have picked it apart here...like all web sites do with other vehicles....but, I've owned a TON of vehicles. None are perfect. I always want some "things" done differently, etc. But, overall....Acura's give a lot for the money and resale holds up very well.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:21 AM
Instructor

Pm sent
Old 05-21-2015, 07:24 AM
Instructor

Well looks like I have to wait until July for my 2016 since they can't find it in the pearl red but that is fine
Old 05-21-2015, 11:31 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Well looks like I have to wait until July for my 2016 since they can't find it in the pearl red but that is fine

Well, that's not right!! LOL!! Is that the ONLY color you would buy? I know your area is "Acura challenged"..so it may be worth the effort to expand your "radius" by searching using Cars.com or ??? and maybe find your color, get a better deal....and have your RDX sooner. Try and make a deal over the phone...if it works out...fly there and drive it home. Overall it could be cheaper or the same, but, bottom line you will have your color much sooner. Or make the deal and have it shipped.

Many have done this with all kinds of vehicles. It's a thought.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:23 PM
Instructor

I seen California dealer has two and one in Dallas as well and my dealer is checking. Hope they do not plan on charging so me more for shipping. I can also wait for one from Acura as well. They have my deposit so they know I want it. Thanks
Old 05-21-2015, 02:54 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

I seen California dealer has two and one in Dallas as well and my dealer is checking. Hope they do not plan on charging so me more for shipping. I can also wait for one from Acura as well. They have my deposit so they know I want it. Thanks

Here's been my experience with all that. IF Acura can re-route a model coming from the factory..then no extra charge for you. IF your dealer does a dealer trade then you would have to pay for the trans. from the other dealer to your dealer.

I sent you info on 3 I found in CA.....but, remember this. They will show on a dealer's web site...BUT, not be on their lot...they are "on the way." Acura posts those vehicles to the dealer's site. So, many are on the way...not there yet.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:41 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Here's been my experience with all that. IF Acura can re-route a model coming from the factory..then no extra charge for you. IF your dealer does a dealer trade then you would have to pay for the trans. from the other dealer to your dealer.

I sent you info on 3 I found in CA.....but, remember this. They will show on a dealer's web site...BUT, not be on their lot...they are "on the way." Acura posts those vehicles to the dealer's site. So, many are on the way...not there yet.
Funny, dealer called tonight said they found one and it will be at the end of june and coming from the "district". Not sure what to make of it but end of june is fine if it happens
Old 05-22-2015, 12:15 AM
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Just drove the Canadian elite (Advance) AWD model. Definitely quieter in terms of road noise and less vibration from the engine through the accelerator. The suspension also seems more buttoned down in terms of less bodyroll, less jounce over dips and tighter overall. Additionally, did not notice the rear clunking noise over sharp bumps that can sometimes rear its head in our 2014 model.

Can really notice the additional power transferred to the rear tires when going around corners and giving it substantial go pedal. There was no wheelspin versus our 2014 which I drove home right after where the front wheels spun quite noticeably when I gave it some power around a corner.

The interior also seems a little bit more refined; from the new trim around the air vents to the new aluminum look overall trim and the 2 Screen Ctr. stack along with the new display between the front gauges.

The changes to the outside also make the car look a little bit more upscale even though some of them are controversial to some people. Beyond the jewel eye headlights, the new wheels do look better in person and the LED taillights do look classy.

So aside from all the new tech, I am impressed with the core changes made as noted above and my local dealer has already pre-sold six of the new units in the first two days so the changes appear to be striking a chord.

Last edited by SMMN; 05-22-2015 at 12:17 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by SMMN:
giovane (05-22-2015), Melodyqi (05-22-2015), rbreeze (05-22-2015)
Old 09-19-2015, 04:37 PM
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
"Cash customers generally do well."

Not so! It's always a cash deal for them either way. You probably look better to them if you are financing, that way they have a shot at extra $$$.