2016 Model Year Changes

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 09:33 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by rbreeze
^ The dealer didn't mention powertrain changes, but did admit he didn't have the full list of changes.
The 2016 "refresh" that Acura is carrying out on the RDX looks to be quite a major one - certainly not your average minor model update.
I can guarantee you that the dealer had NO list of changes.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:14 AM
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
I can guarantee you that the dealer had NO list of changes.
^ Really? How can you guarantee that? Do you work for Acura Canada? Someone up here (at Acura or Honda Canada) who is in the know has provided my local Acura dealer with a partial list of changes that are headed for the '16 RDX.
As an aside.. up until yesterday no one at this forum knew about the '16 RDX reveal that will be happening at the Canadian (Toronto) Auto Show in 4 weeks time. You're welcome, by the way.
/R
The following users liked this post:
Gen4MDX (01-25-2015)
Old 01-16-2015, 07:53 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by geocord
Those dates roughly mirror the dates of the Chicago Auto Show. If the above is true, they will probably show the U.S. version there as well.
^ You're right.. maybe they're lying at the Acura Canada website about the '16 RDX reveal! It's still mentioned there today, so who knows, huh? - perhaps it is in fact true.
Link to webpage: Acura Canada

The big event for Acura USA at the 2015 NAIAS was the reveal of the NSX; the big event for Acura Canada at the 2015 Canadian Auto Show next month will be the reveal of the '16 RDX. I don't know if the '16 RDX will necessarily/automatically make an appearance at the Chicago Auto Show at the same time.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:04 AM
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
good info. Surprised it is being done before the NY show but I guess they don't want to lose sales when the NX becomes readily available and the MKC picks up more steam. maybe there will be a Superbowl commercial that is the spark for this.

Yes the NX is out but there are limited supplies. Lexus is supposedly trying to get dealers full supplies of the car by Feb / Mar.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:22 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

^ Really? How can you guarantee that? Do you work for Acura Canada? Someone up here (at Acura or Honda Canada) who is in the know has provided my local Acura dealer with a partial list of changes that are headed for the '16 RDX.
As an aside.. up until yesterday no one at this forum knew about the '16 RDX reveal that will be happening at the Canadian (Toronto) Auto Show in 4 weeks time. You're welcome, by the way.
/R
You don't know where I work but if you know anything about Honda/Acura then you would know that dealers NEVER have advance information. While somebody at Acura Canada knows ar this late stage, they would not share that with the dealers and any dealer that might get the information certainly wouldn't share it with a customer. Aside from unfounded rumors, you'll hear about changes either from Honda/Acura directly or at an auto show. You won't get reliable info from a dealer.

Of course, the dealer can point at his laundry list of possible changes and say "see, I was right, it has different wheels".

^ You're right.. maybe they're lying at the Acura Canada website about the '16 RDX reveal! It's still mentioned there today, so who knows, huh? - perhaps it is in fact true.
Link to webpage: Acura Canada

The big event for Acura USA at the 2015 NAIAS was the reveal of the NSX; the big event for Acura Canada at the 2015 Canadian Auto Show next month will be the reveal of the '16 RDX. I don't know if the '16 RDX will necessarily/automatically make an appearance at the Chicago Auto Show at the same time.
A bit touchy, are you?
Old 01-16-2015, 11:07 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ceb
You don't know where I work but if you know anything about Honda/Acura then you would know that dealers NEVER have advance information. While somebody at Acura Canada knows ar this late stage, they would not share that with the dealers and any dealer that might get the information certainly wouldn't share it with a customer. Aside from unfounded rumors, you'll hear about changes either from Honda/Acura directly or at an auto show. You won't get reliable info from a dealer.

Of course, the dealer can point at his laundry list of possible changes and say "see, I was right, it has different wheels".

A bit touchy, are you?
A bit touchy? Yeah, maybe.. but then I'm less than impressed at how I, a newbie, have been "welcomed" into this forum. In my debut post I have provided some good info for forum members about the '16 RDX, and yet in 2 of 3 initial responses (having zero welcome comments for me) there has been a suggestion (and a direct accusation) that I have provided untruths/falsehoods.

As for you ceb.. well, in many of your posts you just come off as an arrogant know-it-all [add expletive here]. But then most of the other forum members here already know this.
I may not know much about Acura's/Honda's (I have never owned one - and may never own one), but I do know an arrogant idiot/imbecile/moron when I see one (to borrow the words from your footer).
The following 2 users liked this post by rbreeze:
Gen4MDX (01-25-2015), hand-filer (01-17-2015)
Old 01-16-2015, 03:01 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

A bit touchy? Yeah, maybe.. but then I'm less than impressed at how I, a newbie, have been "welcomed" into this forum. In my debut post I have provided some good info for forum members about the '16 RDX, and yet in 2 of 3 initial responses (having zero welcome comments for me) there has been a suggestion (and a direct accusation) that I have provided untruths/falsehoods.

As for you ceb.. well, in many of your posts you just come off as an arrogant know-it-all [add expletive here]. But then most of the other forum members here already know this.
I may not know much about Acura's/Honda's (I have never owned one - and may never own one), but I do know an arrogant idiot/imbecile/moron when I see one (to borrow the words from your footer).
Great 5th post. You'll go far in life.

As far as I'm concerned, I didn't say you were lying, I said that the dealer who told you stuff was blowing smoke. As a newbie you might actually believe what the dealer tells you.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:45 PM
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
OK, kids...Don't make me stop this car!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by CoachRick:
5 Acuras (01-25-2015), kfhughes (01-16-2015)
Old 01-16-2015, 11:11 PM
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
Great 5th post. You'll go far in life.

As far as I'm concerned, I didn't say you were lying, I said that the dealer who told you stuff was blowing smoke. As a newbie you might actually believe what the dealer tells you.
yeah good on you for bashing someone for having 5 posts, real cool interwebz stud!!

I haven't been on here lately because I remembered how childish people get on message boards *cough* ceb *cough* and realized as much as I enjoy giving info to people that actually care, I could spend more time doing productive things than arguing with some know it all jackoff over something he knows nothing about...so with all that out of the way, here we go....

I would LOVE to bet you ANY amount of money that the dealers know exactly what's in store for the 2016 RDX including packages and colors...Want to know why I'm so confident??? Because the ordering section each dealer has on the IN shows that the 2016 RDX is....wait for it...ready to have orders placed on them!! Showing not only the new packaging options but also a few new color combos...I will bet you $5000 RIGHT NOW, that there are 4 packages available for each FWD and AWD variant, respectively....say the word and I'll go into even further detail and explain the packages, what they offer AND **oh sheeeeeit** when dealers will start getting them in!!!

HALLELUJAH! HOLY SHIT! WHERES THE TYLENOL?!?

Last edited by bovicious; 01-16-2015 at 11:13 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by bovicious:
5 Acuras (01-25-2015), Gen4MDX (01-25-2015), hand-filer (01-17-2015)
Old 01-17-2015, 09:58 AM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
rbreeze - Thanks for the info, and welcome to the website!

Hi All, newbie here.

I just learned today, by way of the Acura Canada website, that the refreshed 2016 RDX will be revealed at the 2015 Canadian International Auto Show, which will be happening in Toronto next month (Feb. 13 - 22). Here's the link to the specific Acura Canada webpage that mentions the upcoming reveal: Acura Canada

According to the local Acura dealer the 2016 RDX will include (but not be limited to) the following changes/additions:
Blind spot indicators, lane keep assist, collision mitigation system, low speed follow, 8 way adjustable passenger seat. Other changes will include a new front bumper, jewel eye headlights, new wheels, interior trim upgrades.

I plan to attend the auto show in Toronto next month and I will post some photos here of the refreshed '16 RDX shortly after I take them.

Cheers
/R
rbreeze (02-25-2015)
Old 01-17-2015, 11:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 161 Posts

Fortunately for us he represents the minority here.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your input.
The following 2 users liked this post by hand-filer:
Gen4MDX (01-25-2015), rbreeze (02-25-2015)
Old 01-17-2015, 01:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bovicious
yeah good on you for bashing someone for having 5 posts, real cool interwebz stud!!

I haven't been on here lately because I remembered how childish people get on message boards *cough* ceb *cough* and realized as much as I enjoy giving info to people that actually care, I could spend more time doing productive things than arguing with some know it all jackoff over something he knows nothing about...so with all that out of the way, here we go....

I would LOVE to bet you ANY amount of money that the dealers know exactly what's in store for the 2016 RDX including packages and colors...Want to know why I'm so confident??? Because the ordering section each dealer has on the IN shows that the 2016 RDX is....wait for it...ready to have orders placed on them!! Showing not only the new packaging options but also a few new color combos...I will bet you $5000 RIGHT NOW, that there are 4 packages available for each FWD and AWD variant, respectively....say the word and I'll go into even further detail and explain the packages, what they offer AND **oh sheeeeeit** when dealers will start getting them in!!!

HALLELUJAH! HOLY SHIT! WHERES THE TYLENOL?!?
Please go into to further detail!! Is the 4 trim AcuraWatch?

Last edited by JeffS; 01-17-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:07 PM
06 TL 6MT + 18 ATS-V 8AT

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by JeffS
Please go into to further detail!! Is the 4 trim AcuraWatch?
And the million dollar question...AWD or SH-AWD???
Old 01-17-2015, 03:19 PM
Intermediate

I technically should have said 5 trims but I think of AW as an add on but yes, (base, base w/ AW, Tech, Tech w/ AW and advance...advance being the same stuff that's offered in the advance package MDX minus the rear dvd
Old 01-17-2015, 03:21 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by silverTL6
doesnt look good for SH-AWD on the RDX right now, unless it's a last minute "bwahaha gotchya!!!" from Acura
The following 2 users liked this post by bovicious:
CoachRick (02-01-2015), silverTL6 (01-26-2015)
Old 01-17-2015, 05:06 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the official debut of the '16 RDX. A fully loaded RDX offered with all the features of a fully loaded MDX (minus a few things) makes me glad I waited.

I know it's tough sometimes to believe everything you read on the net, but hopefully people here have been getting good intel on the new RDX.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:08 AM
Instructor

Car & Driver on Wednesday had an announcement that the 2016 RDX will be unveiled at Chicago auto show.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
Which is exactly what I've been saying for months. Honda/Acura NEVER allows info on mid cycle changes to be publicized and virually every rumor is wrong.

OTOH, if you throw enough rumors around then a few of them are bound to be true. Not even the assumption that the ILX changes may carry over to the RDX are necessarily true. The ILX is Acura's Cimarron and significant changes were needed to generate sales and differentiate it from the Civic. The RDX is a good seller and fewer changes are needed to keep it relevant - remember that outside of the enthusiast community, few would compare the CR-V to an RDX.
COMPLETE IDIOT
Old 01-25-2015, 11:37 AM
Instructor

Take this with a grain of salt but while I was in at the dealership Thursday it was mentioned the 2016 RDX will debut in Chicago. At this time they didn't have much info regarding changes but said normally right after a car debuts they receive the info. A March guestimate was given for arrival.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:45 PM
Make it #7!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
Welcome and Thank You!

Hi All, newbie here.

I just learned today, by way of the Acura Canada website, that the refreshed 2016 RDX will be revealed at the 2015 Canadian International Auto Show, which will be happening in Toronto next month (Feb. 13 - 22). Here's the link to the specific Acura Canada webpage that mentions the upcoming reveal: Acura Canada

According to the local Acura dealer the 2016 RDX will include (but not be limited to) the following changes/additions:
Blind spot indicators, lane keep assist, collision mitigation system, low speed follow, 8 way adjustable passenger seat. Other changes will include a new front bumper, jewel eye headlights, new wheels, interior trim upgrades.

I plan to attend the auto show in Toronto next month and I will post some photos here of the refreshed '16 RDX shortly after I take them.

Cheers
/R

Looking forward to photos of the '16 model.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:32 AM
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by silverTL6
FWIW: I was at the DC auto show and the Acura rep said the 2016 RDX would be getting the same all wheel drive system as the current MDX. To me this didn't make sense since I was under the impression that the RDX doesn't have SH-AWD in order to save weight.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:05 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by ericok
To me this didn't make sense since I was under the impression that the RDX doesn't have SH-AWD in order to save cost.
Here, I fixed that for you.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:39 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by ericok
FWIW: I was at the DC auto show and the Acura rep said the 2016 RDX would be getting the same all wheel drive system as the current MDX. To me this didn't make sense since I was under the impression that the RDX doesn't have SH-AWD in order to save weight.
That would be pretty unexpected. That would be a major change, even more so than the other changes which add up to a pretty serious MMC. Changing from the current AWD to the SH-AWD would probably need new stampings for the underside of the car. I suspect they stick with the AWD from the CR-V and bring back the SH-AWD at the FMC.

Besides, if they were going to bring back SH-AWD they would probably take the new system (smaller and lighter) from the TLX, not the old one from the MDX.
silverTL6 (02-01-2015)
Old 02-01-2015, 07:44 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

We'll see the changes when we see them. Dealers don't know, the reps at the DC Autoshow (who are from local dealerships) don't know and the few Acura people who do know aren't talking.

Even if you don't want to believe it, Acura will either make minimal changes and that'll be the refresh or they'll do a new model with all the crash testing and whatnot that goes with it.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:21 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LED DRLs or not?
EVERY Lexus at the Philly Auto Show had its DRLs illuminated. When you looked over the hall at them it was almost blinding. The CRV has them. INEXCUSABLE for the RDX to NOT have them in 2016.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:22 AM
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by BobBass
LED DRLs or not?
EVERY Lexus at the Philly Auto Show had its DRLs illuminated. When you looked over the hall at them it was almost blinding. The CRV has them. INEXCUSABLE for the RDX to NOT have them in 2016.
Acura has the Jewel Eye system with several large LEDs illuminated to take the place of DRLs. Lexus just has the typical string of tiny LEDs with xenons that every other brand has (unless you option up to LEDs, Acura is standard)
Old 02-06-2015, 07:47 PM
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by BobBass
LED DRLs or not?
2016 Model Year Changes-qrtwzje.jpg
The following 4 users liked this post by iutodd:
CybrRdr (02-09-2015), panamera125 (02-07-2015), randomRon82 (02-07-2015), TSX69 (02-08-2015)
Old 02-06-2015, 08:19 PM
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Whoa! Can you elaborate?
Old 02-06-2015, 08:27 PM
Racer

https://twitter.com/templeofvtec/status/563812912201220098
The following 3 users liked this post by iutodd:
bzb123 (02-06-2015), randomRon82 (02-07-2015), silverTL6 (02-07-2015)
Old 02-07-2015, 07:04 AM
06 TL 6MT + 18 ATS-V 8AT

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by blacktsxwagon
Acura has the Jewel Eye system with several large LEDs illuminated to take the place of DRLs. Lexus just has the typical string of tiny LEDs with xenons that every other brand has (unless you option up to LEDs, Acura is standard)
Once the '16 RDX and ILX are available, yes. For now, those two only come with halogen headlamps standard without LED drl's on any trim so Lexus is currently still one step ahead.

And it looks like the RDX is also getting the Jewel Eye v2 setup with the separate LED DRL strips, so we can probably expect these on the TLX/RLX/MDX mmc's as well.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:35 AM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts
iutodd, thank you!!!

I bet the 16 RDX will look great. I love the look of the new ILX, and I judging on the headlights that seem to mimic what's on the ILX, they'll probably have some similarities.

Does it look like the new RDX has the new grille with the double opening?
Old 02-07-2015, 11:23 AM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
It sure looks like the sign in the picture says 2014 RDX??
Old 02-07-2015, 12:03 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by panamera125
iutodd, thank you!!!

I bet the 16 RDX will look great. I love the look of the new ILX, and I judging on the headlights that seem to mimic what's on the ILX, they'll probably have some similarities.

Does it look like the new RDX has the new grille with the double opening?
Thank Jeff from TOV. Follow him on twitter while you're at it. He often posts images and little thoughts there that don't always make it to the website.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 891 Likes on 304 Posts
Here's a spyshot from instagram... I'll hold my comments on what I see so far of the wheels...

The following 4 users liked this post by randomRon82:
kfhughes (02-07-2015), panamera125 (02-08-2015), Rocket_man (02-08-2015), TSX69 (02-08-2015)
Old 02-08-2015, 09:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ Wheels look decent from the angle that we see. This could be a good refresh for the RDX.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by weather
^^ Wheels look decent from the angle that we see. This could be a good refresh for the RDX.
Gotta love the 1970/'80s headlights
Old 02-08-2015, 01:34 PM
Suzuka Master

^^ I think you must be the first one who doesn't like the Jewel Eyes?! I think that once the tape comes off, you will be quite pleasantly surprised.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:37 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by CoachRick
Gotta love the 1970/'80s headlights
Don't remember many LED headlights in the 70's/80's.

^^ I think you must be the first one who doesn't like the Jewel Eyes?! I think that once the tape comes off, you will be quite pleasantly surprised.
It looks like the tape is needlessly thick along the bottom edge. I wonder if there is a DRL strip along the bottom? It almost looks like the outline of the new headlights have been kept almost identical to the old headlights.

I think it will be a good update to an already good car. I'm glad they did not take their usual approach and wait to be overtaken by competitors before they updated the car. I like the RDX but the lack of ventilated seats and the 'dated' interiors compared to the rest of the new Acura line up held me back. So I'm very interested in the RDX Advance. The TLX Advance is still at the top of my list, just waiting to see how these transmission issues work out. At least that is one thing the RDX Advance won't have to deal with, but I suspect the bad rear struts will be standard equipment on all 2016 RDX's.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:06 PM
Pro

Jewel eyes, indeed.
https://www.google.com/search?q=rect...2F%3B650%3B504

I'll have to say the front end(headlights included) would be way, way, way down the list of things I think the RDX needs to change.

Last edited by CoachRick; 02-08-2015 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:35 PM
Suzuka Master

^^ ...I hope the reactive dampers would be one of those things

Quick Reply: 2016 Model Year Changes