2016 Model Year Changes

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Same system as on the CRV. And they get around just great too. Owned 3 of them here in Colorado.
Just to jump off topic...I just saw a brand new CR-V, still with dealer tags, gussied up a bit in a Platinum silver sort of color...Dang if that isn't a good looking vehicle!!!
The following users liked this post:
kurtatx (05-09-2015)
Old 05-04-2015, 02:14 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by CoachRick
Just to jump off topic...I just saw a brand new CR-V, still with dealer tags, gussied up a bit in a Platinum silver sort of color...Dang if that isn't a good looking vehicle!!!

Looked at them. The one that "matches??" the RDX Advance...is the "Touring" model. BUT...Honda is not making very many of them. They told my dealer he's going to get about 1 (ONE!!) a month!! My dealer is pissed. He has people waiting for this model...and he just can't get them. Honda is afraid of raining on the parade of the RDX and maybe the new Pilot soon to hit the lots. Don't like that. I know if dealers had them on the lot...they would sell very well.

I had a chance to look at a Touring CRV...it had just arrived....their "once a month" delivery...LOL!! It is nice...just smaller...somewhat tighter than my '13 RDX. Damn nice SUV for the money.

After owning 3 CRV's...I just prefer my RDX overall...and that's why I chose to buy a '16 Advance. Just a better overall "feel" when sitting in them and driving them...the RDX vs the CRV. IF money is a big issue....get the CRV...the EX-L model is really loaded and a great SUV for the money...since the Touring's are so rare.

Great re-sale value for CRV's and RDX's. That's another reason to buy Honda Motor Corp. products. Their "value" at the 3 and 5 yr. points....and the desire for them by the public. So, dealers love having used ones on the lots.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 303 Likes on 211 Posts
Also, the RDX now has...finally!!...hood struts instead of "the stick"...as Jay Leno famously always calls it. I love hood struts...Accord Coupes come standard with them..have for a few years. Didn't appreciate the fact my '13 RDX never came with them. I would have installed some but, couldn't find anyone making them for our model. Have put them on Mustangs...just a better system for sure.
So you just gave me a brainiac idea (sort of aligned with the thread on '16 accessories that would work on '13-15 models. I went to Tim's oemacuraparts.com site to look at the blowout of the hood parts for a 16 vs a 15. And this is the weird part. The diagram is identical for both years, and the diagram shows BOTH the prop rod AND the pressurized lift rods. On the '16 it shows the pressure rods listed as parts, and on the '15 it shows only the prop rod as listed parts. But given the diagram is the same for both model years, I'm THINKING that one could order the '16 rods and ball mounts and do a direct conversion.

But to confirm this, I'd need your help :-) Take a pic of the underside of the hood on your '13 to see if there are mounting holes on the R and L sides where the rods would go, and then when you get the '16 see if they line up in the same location. Should be a simple plug 'n play for the '16 setup on our '13-15 models if the holes are there. And we can stick the rod someplace...

It'd be great if you could do that!

thanks - andy
Old 05-04-2015, 03:50 PM
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by andysinnh
But to confirm this, I'd need your help :-) Take a pic of the underside of the hood on your '13 to see if there are mounting holes on the R and L sides where the rods would go, and then when you get the '16 see if they line up in the same location. Should be a simple plug 'n play for the '16 setup on our '13-15 models if the holes are there. And we can stick the rod someplace...
This video at 1:10 shows you where to check

Old 05-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by andysinnh
So you just gave me a brainiac idea (sort of aligned with the thread on '16 accessories that would work on '13-15 models. I went to Tim's oemacuraparts.com site to look at the blowout of the hood parts for a 16 vs a 15. And this is the weird part. The diagram is identical for both years, and the diagram shows BOTH the prop rod AND the pressurized lift rods. On the '16 it shows the pressure rods listed as parts, and on the '15 it shows only the prop rod as listed parts. But given the diagram is the same for both model years, I'm THINKING that one could order the '16 rods and ball mounts and do a direct conversion.

It'd be great if you could do that!

thanks - andy

Great thought and thinking of "possibles" here Andy!! I will photo my '13 where the struts would most likely be mounted and then compare to my '16 when I get it.

One thing comes to mind that may or may not play into this issue.
I did read that Acura did some "work" on the under structure to help strengthen certain areas during crashes. They did this to "make sure" they get a 5-Star rating...across all tests. That included changes to strengthen areas affected horizontally and vertically within the damaged areas incurred during a crash.

So, it's POSSIBLE that the areas of where the '16 struts mount MIGHT be different or slightly changed vs the '13 thru '15 models.

We will see!
Old 05-04-2015, 04:05 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by giovane
This video at 1:10 shows you where to check

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmRhZJe1bGg

Well, this is a "nice video" but, it does not show exactly the area where the struts would mount via bolting etc. I've installed them on other cars...so, a very precise location on the hood and the inner fender is needed.

I will take pics and actual measurements of my '13 and then compare to my '16 when I get it. That will tell the real info. IF Andy's thoughts are spot on or not.

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2015, 08:40 PM
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Spare tire kit

So it looks like the spare tire is an option for 2016
On the up side it appears to be full size
Per this (about 3:33 in)
One question though the option is $270 + $170 for "Acura recommended tires"
What the heck is that?
Old 05-04-2015, 11:29 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
It does help reading different posts here. I'm a "car guy" with way to many vehicles owned....and I have a '16 AWD Advance model on it's way....but, I learned that the heated/ventilated seats have a "3 zone" system vs the "2 zone" in models below the Advance. OK..we'll see how that helps. ???

Do you know if the seats are tied into the remote start like on the TLX Advance? I noticed on the RDX the seats have buttons instead of being in the touch screen. So I'm curious if they can be set to 'auto' and turn on with the remote fob.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:50 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
Do you know if the seats are tied into the remote start like on the TLX Advance? I noticed on the RDX the seats have buttons instead of being in the touch screen. So I'm curious if they can be set to 'auto' and turn on with the remote fob.

Sorry, I don't know at this point. I will do some research on that and get back to you on what I find out..if anything.
Rocket_man (05-05-2015)
Old 05-04-2015, 11:59 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by bzb123
So it looks like the spare tire is an option for 2016
On the up side it appears to be full size
Per this (about 3:33 in) 2016 Honda Pilot and Acura RDX Preview - Chicago Auto Show - YouTube
One question though the option is $270 + $170 for "Acura recommended tires"
What the heck is that?

Acura lists the "Accessory" on the Acura web site as a $230 option...and it's not a "real tire"...a "temp. tire" and kit...with wrench etc to do lugs etc.

Individual dealers may have a different MSRP for that item. Don't know where you get the other cost and dealer tire info from. But, the cost will be fairly close to that $230. Of course, you know...or most should know, you don't have to pay that amount. I asked for and am getting 25% off all parts and accessories. You just have to ask!!

There are "on line" Acura parts and accessories that are run by some Acura dealers and one I use...if I need to.....prices all their parts and accessories at 25% off MSRP. Yes, you have to pay shipping...but, I picked a Kansas dealer that is not that far away from me...so that expense is not too bad.

But, when I justified to my GM my asking for 25% off all items....I referenced the "on line" buying costs. He didn't hesitate to give me the same deal.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:11 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by Rocket_man

Yes...the seats can be tied to the remote start. I guess you have to "set that up" on the "screen" with all the set up info. for many issues concerning this "hi tech" vehicle!! LOL!!

The temp. goes to 72 deg. when started remotely....in cold weather the defrost comes on....maybe I should hire a driver...the car does most everything else...I should ride in the back and play video games!

I've never had a veh. with remote start...so I'm learning a little here too.
Rocket_man (05-05-2015)
Old 05-05-2015, 03:59 AM
Summer is Coming

Yes...the seats can be tied to the remote start. I guess you have to "set that up" on the "screen" with all the set up info. for many issues concerning this "hi tech" vehicle!! LOL!!

The temp. goes to 72 deg. when started remotely....in cold weather the defrost comes on....maybe I should hire a driver...the car does most everything else...I should ride in the back and play video games!

I've never had a veh. with remote start...so I'm learning a little here too.
Thanks! That is good to know.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:15 AM
Pro

Dang...I didn't see the whole story; but I'll look for it...Our local news discussed the possibility of 'hacking' the computer system of a vehicle remotely...YEP...someone else telling your vehicle what to do(or NOT do, actually). The reporter said he couldn't control any function of the vehicle while it was hacked. Presumably, any computer-assisted function can be altered or disabled by the hacker. No steering, engine power, brakes or other 'typical' electronic goodies like Nav, radio, cruise, AC...the list goes on.

Sometimes, I long for the good old days...1991 Miata with manual windows, no steering or brake assist, 5 speed, barely a radio. Heck, when the hackers take over, it might be wise to have one stashed away in the garage just so we can be mobile.(Don't forget to leave the cell phone and iPad behind!!!)
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (05-05-2015)
Old 05-05-2015, 10:27 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Dang...I didn't see the whole story; but I'll look for it...Our local news discussed the possibility of 'hacking' the computer system of a vehicle remotely...YEP...someone else telling your vehicle what to do(or NOT do, actually). The reporter said he couldn't control any function of the vehicle while it was hacked. Presumably, any computer-assisted function can be altered or disabled by the hacker. No steering, engine power, brakes or other 'typical' electronic goodies like Nav, radio, cruise, AC...the list goes on.

Sometimes, I long for the good old days...1991 Miata with manual windows, no steering or brake assist, 5 speed, barely a radio. Heck, when the hackers take over, it might be wise to have one stashed away in the garage just so we can be mobile.(Don't forget to leave the cell phone and iPad behind!!!)

Over time it's kinda easy to get "sucked in" to liking all the new "gizmos" our new vehicles have. I too have missed the "simpler" vehicles that you just get in, drive, have fun and not be concerned about all the stuff!

My early Fox body Mustangs were just plain fun to drive. Honda Preludes too! Even Supra's. I miss them all. LOL!!

Every year they have added just a little more tech stuff....and I can't imagine where it will end. I know...they are working on self driving cars. Now that's just what a "car guy" wants!!!!!! I better buy an older Mustang or Miata and tuck it away when that day comes. Then as I pass all the idiots riding in their self driving cars with the "stone faces"....with my smiling happy face...they'll wonder.."why is HE smiling?"
CoachRick (05-05-2015)
Old 05-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do the RDX have the drive mode options like the TLX? Eco normal sport sport+?
Old 05-05-2015, 02:02 PM
CBP TLX

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by TRU_BLU
Do the RDX have the drive mode options like the TLX? Eco normal sport sport+?
Nope. It doesn't appear to have Acura's Integrated Dynamic System (IDS).

Last edited by CybrRdr; 05-05-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:01 PM
Advanced

[QUOTE=Individual dealers may have a different MSRP for that item. Don't know where you get the other cost and dealer tire info from. But, the cost will be fairly close to that $230.[/QUOTE]

The price I mentioned comes from the Build & Price page of Acura.com. When I add the Extertrior Accessory- Spare Tire Kit, a pop up appears that indicates the kit cost $230.00, but "We must also add: Acura Recommended Tires MSRP $170" making the total MSRP for the spare tire $400.00 total. I know it's subject to negotiation, but I'm just not sure what they mean by Acura Recommeded Tires. Anyone else seen this?
Old 05-05-2015, 11:19 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by bzb123
The price I mentioned comes from the Build & Price page of Acura.com. When I add the Extertrior Accessory- Spare Tire Kit, a pop up appears that indicates the kit cost $230.00, but "We must also add: Acura Recommended Tires MSRP $170" making the total MSRP for the spare tire $400.00 total. I know it's subject to negotiation, but I'm just not sure what they mean by Acura Recommeded Tires. Anyone else seen this?

OK...I went in and built my car. Added the Spare Tire Kit....and I did see the "pop up." Have no idea why or what it means.

If you go to "Accessories" and look at the "Spare Tire Kit" nothing is mentioned about the "other issue." Also, when you look in the "Accessories Brochure" nothing is mentioned in there either.

I don't think it's an issue. I will call my "guys" at my dealer and ask about it...we'll talk to parts and see what they have on this.

I'll get back. I'm almost certain there is not an issue...other than buying the "Spare Tire Kit" which MSRP's for $230. It shows the Kit and what comes with it...it includes a "temporary tire"...so this other tire "stuff" doesn't even make sense. I'm not worried at all. But, I will verify for you...and post the news for you.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:45 AM
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Maybe the "other tire stuff" is for a full size tire rather than a temporary tire.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:49 AM
9th Gear

Where are the 2016 reviews??! Would think the media outlets would have their hands on this by now
Old 05-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sheabird32
Where are the 2016 reviews??! Would think the media outlets would have their hands on this by now
+1

We want reviews
Old 05-06-2015, 12:10 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I contacted Alex Dykes (of the Alex on Autos channel on YouTube) about a week ago and asked when he might review the 2016 RDX. He responded "I should have one soon, hopefully in a month or so."
Old 05-06-2015, 12:14 PM
Pro

They're busy reviewing the Apple Watch
Old 05-06-2015, 10:18 PM
9th Gear

They're busy reviewing the Apple Watch
Seriously, what time is it? I love how we get reviews and "first drives" of cars coming out months from now but can't get any press on a vehicle sitting at dealers! Curious to see how the revised awd and some of the other small changes affect the RDX.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:45 PM
Summer is Coming

They are probably more interested in new cars. The 2016 is only an MMC, so it may take some time until they get around to it.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:59 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
i had a chance to extensively drive the 2015 RDX over the weekend and then some to finally return to my TLX. The seats on the '15 RDX are rather hard compared to my TLX. granted it was a loaner and may have gotten some heavy usage but i didn't think the difference would be that significant. definitely worth checking if the seats have improved once the refresh comes.

other than that the only aspects i missed on the loander was the ability to program the dash to unlock all doors when a keyfob is near... i definitely liked the height but the 6speed felt ancient compared to the 8-9speeders with the rest of the lineup. also i really hope they got rid of the extensive chrome surrounding the gear shift - it kept reflecting on my eyes when i drove it on sunny days.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:36 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Issue on "Spare Tire Kits!"

Just off the phone with my Parts Mgr....we had a long talk about what the Acura web site says and he gave me info. straight from his '16 RDX "order guide" with info and part #'s. And they don't match!! LOL!!!

They have 2 new 16's on the ground...AWD models. He says the "guide" states that apparently you can't order the "spare tire kit" for an AWD model...because they already contain that kit!! But, I asked him to physically look in the compartment just to make sure.

So, if true....the FWD model does not come with the kit....and the AWD does.

Also, IF you have a FWD model and want to order the kit...he says the guide shows it DOES NOT come with the tire! Now....on Acura's web site....go to Accessories and find the "Spare Tire Kit" and it shows a "tire" does come with the kit.
???? So, IF that is true then Acura's web site has bad info...in the Accessories section.

IF you use the "Build Your Vehicle" portion and then go to add the "Spare Tire Kit" there is the "pop up" that says you need to buy an Acura approved tire!! For $170.

My Parts Mgr. stated...that is what his book is showing. The kit does not come with the tire...so therefore the kit with a tire actually costs $400, MSRP.

OK...hope I didn't confuse anyone...but, left you with "questions" that I still need answered and confirmed. He also stated that the MDX's with Sh-Awd come with a "Spare Tire Kit"...and the FWD models do not. Looks like Acura followed through with this trend with the RDX.

When I find out FOR SURE....I will post. He is going to physically look at those 2 RDX's just arrived and see if the kit is truly there.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:37 PM
Advanced

That extra $1500 for AWD sounds a little cheaper all of a sudden. Thanks for looking into it CO Guy!
Old 05-07-2015, 09:18 PM
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
I test drove a 2016 RDX AWD yesterday and purposely looked into the tire carrier to see if it had a spare or not. The AWD DEFINATLEY does have the spare as standard equipment. It's not a "donut" but is a temporary full sized spare - not a copy of the Michelin Primacy. It will do just fine for an emergency. They also had a 2016 RDX FWD and I looked into the tire carrier and it definitely has a Styrofoam plug where the spare tire goes and includes an inflate-a-kit type emergency repair kit. SO, AWD gets a spare and the FWD does not.

Whether or not the extra cost spare tire kit for the FWD includes a tire for $230 - I don't know and neither did they. I would assume that it would at least include a 'donut' tire and the extra $170 could be for a full sized "temporary" tire. As soon as someone buys the kit I hope they share it with us. If I purchase a FWD I'll darn sure include a spare - even if it is just a 'donut'.

By the way - the AWD and FWD both come with the same Michelin Primacy tires.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:28 PM
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by scout27
I test drove a 2016 RDX AWD yesterday and purposely looked into the tire carrier to see if it had a spare or not. The AWD DEFINATLEY does have the spare as standard equipment. It's not a "donut" but is a temporary full sized spare - not a copy of the Michelin Primacy. It will do just fine for an emergency. They also had a 2016 RDX FWD and I looked into the tire carrier and it definitely has a Styrofoam plug where the spare tire goes and includes an inflate-a-kit type emergency repair kit. SO, AWD gets a spare and the FWD does not.

Whether or not the extra cost spare tire kit for the FWD includes a tire for $230 - I don't know and neither did they. I would assume that it would at least include a 'donut' tire and the extra $170 could be for a full sized "temporary" tire. As soon as someone buys the kit I hope they share it with us. If I purchase a FWD I'll darn sure include a spare - even if it is just a 'donut'.

By the way - the AWD and FWD both come with the same Michelin Primacy tires.
Good to know, thanks for checking it out.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:51 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I test drove a 2016 RDX AWD yesterday...

So what did you think?
Old 05-08-2015, 12:16 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Yes, I can also give my follow up and confirm this issue with the "Spare Tire Kit."

The AWD models do have the kit. The FWD models do not. Same as the MDX's by the way.

My dealer received 2 '16 models yesterday. I had them check the spare tire compartment.

The Parts Mgr. confirmed it to me also. In his order book...you cannot order the spare tire kit for an AWD RDX. That tipped us off.

Also...IF a person wants to order the kit for a FWD model...the MSRP cost will be $400. That $230 kit price in the Accessories section of the Acura web site is wrong...it says the kit contains the "tire." It does not. That's another $170. That's what the Parts Mgr. found out today.

So, Acura's web site has bad information...and I "pushed" my GM to notify his Dist. Sales Mgr. to contact Acura and work on getting this kind of info. updated ASAP.

Last edited by Colorado Guy AF Ret.; 05-08-2015 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:24 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nut854
So what did you think?

I should've specified that I only drove the Advance version because it is the only version that has the features that I want.

Likes: Drove great. Absorbed potholes with a minimum of jarring. Pretty quiet as far as road and wind noise is concerned for a Honda/Acura product (I've had 7 of their products). Seats are comfortable without being too aggressive in the lateral thigh support area and I loved the ventilated seats. Three stage push buttons for both heating and ventilating for each front seat. Finally an 8-way power adjustable seat for the front passenger! New console is laid out nicely with lots of storage and now has vents in the rear of the console for rear seat passengers (no temp adjustments for the rear passengers but at least they now have adjustable louvered air flow). I played with the Adaptive Cruise, Collision Mitigation Braking, and Lane Keeping Assist just a bit and everything seemed to work OK. Concerning the Lane Keeping Assist - with a very slightly curving interstate section, I could take my hands completely off the wheel and it followed the curve by itself! Trying it again with hands on the wheel, I could overpower the system very easily but it gave me more visual and beeping warnings.

Dislikes: Acura's infotainment system (now two screens) is still light years behind a few other manufacturers as far as ease of use and voice commands go. I could now vocally string an entire navigation destination while moving but it rarely completely understood my verbiage accurately enough to keep from being very frustrating. I have a '14 RAM 1500 Laramie pickup and Chrysler's UConnect system is a work of art compared to Acura's system. I'm one of those that could do without this infotainment, screen swiping modern stuff and go back to more buttons but manufacturers are forcing more systems through this interface so they should make them as intuitive as they can. Honda/Acura is not keeping up with the better systems out there. I was curious to see how the Siri Eyes Free worked so we paired my iPhone 6 (without downloading my phonebook) and gave it a try. Maybe I was expecting too much. It connected to Siri just fine and she came over the speaker instead of me having to talk into the phone. But, all of the results only showed up on the phone itself - not a bit of it showed up on the car's screen like I was expecting. I asked the salesman if it would work better if the phone was tethered and he said he didn't think so. Maybe it's a limitation of what Apple will agree to as far as usage with Honda and maybe the salesman and I just don't have all the facts. As it exists after this test of mine, Siri Eyes Free just overrides the button on the phone and all results revert to the phone. Not that much of an upgrade.

Benefits of the 2016 yet to be seen: I'm a big fan of a tried and proven naturally aspirated V6 and bullet proof 6-speed transmission. I feel the next full model upgrade will have something else (and maybe less dependable). Hopefully, the changes in the VCM will work better than the past versions.

Overall, the test drive went well and I will keep this vehicle in my choice list. The only thing that kept me from trying to deal for it on the spot was the somewhat still clunky infotainment system. In the end I may still wind up with one - who knows!
The following 4 users liked this post by scout27:
Krisbo26 (05-13-2015), nut854 (05-08-2015), Rocket_man (05-11-2015), trackappraiser (05-09-2015)
Old 05-08-2015, 09:35 AM
Intermediate

Yes, I can also give my follow up and confirm this issue with the "Spare Tire Kit."

The AWD models do have the kit. The FWD models do not. Same as the MDX's by the way.

My dealer received 2 '16 models yesterday. I had them check the spare tire compartment.

The Parts Mgr. confirmed it to me also. In his order book...you cannot order the spare tire kit for an AWD RDX. That tipped us off.

Also...IF a person wants to order the kit for a FWD model...the MSRP cost will be $400. That $230 kit price in the Accessories section of the Acura web site is wrong...it says the kit contains the "tire." It does not. That's another $170. That's what the Parts Mgr. found out today.

So, Acura's web site has bad information...and I "pushed" my GM to notify his Dist. Sales Mgr. to contact Acura and work on getting this kind of info. updated ASAP.

Thanks for your research, Colorado Guy. I think it's pretty tacky for Acura to make you pony up $400 for a spare if you choose the FWD.

By the way - I've just gotta have a spare even if it's just a 'donut'. The Michelin Primacy is not a run-flat tire and even if it was, neither a run-flat or the fix-a-flat kit will help if you have sidewall damage. You're dead on the road and calling roadside assistance (not always a quick solution).

Anyway, maybe throwing the spare into the negotiations is an option perspective buyers need to be aware of.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Issue on "Spare Tire Kits!"

They have 2 new 16's on the ground...AWD models. He says the "guide" states that apparently you can't order the "spare tire kit" for an AWD model...because they already contain that kit!! But, I asked him to physically look in the compartment just to make sure.

So, if true....the FWD model does not come with the kit....and the AWD does.
This is somewhat like Volvo and their new V60/V60CC models. Oddly enough I believe neither the FWD nor the AWD basic V60 come w/ a spare, just the lifted AWD V60CC model. BTW, very nice seats in these..........
Sumoto
Old 05-08-2015, 01:37 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Thanks for your research, Colorado Guy. I think it's pretty tacky for Acura to make you pony up $400 for a spare if you choose the FWD.

By the way - I've just gotta have a spare even if it's just a 'donut'. The Michelin Primacy is not a run-flat tire and even if it was, neither a run-flat or the fix-a-flat kit will help if you have sidewall damage. You're dead on the road and calling roadside assistance (not always a quick solution).

Anyway, maybe throwing the spare into the negotiations is an option perspective buyers need to be aware of.

Yeah...$400 MSRP is crazy. But, I always ask for the max. discount when buying a new car...for the accessories. I start out asking for 25% off. Can get that on line with an Acura dealer not far away. Got OK'd with that on my current '16 purchase. You won't get it if you don't "push for it."

But, that only makes the very high price of $400 come down somewhat and still to high in my opinion. But, paying $300 is better. Just glad my AWD comes with it!!
Old 05-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Fog lights

Hi, I am new to the forum and maybe to Acura brand.
We have a 2008 ML350 with low mileage , but we need to downsize and to have a smaller SUV, easier to get in and out . We are retirees!!!!
In our City there are no Audi dealers, so we looked at a Volvo XC60 which is a very nice car and we are waiting for the RDX which in 2 weeks should be in at our local dealer.
We were thinking to look at a MKC but pricing it at Carsdirect, seems a lot more expensive than it should be and we do not trust Lincoln brand too much.
I followed this forum which is very educational for a potential buyer.
Now , the question I have is related to the fog lights.
The Advance package comes with fog lights. But in the accessory listing for the same package there are LED fog lights available . Does this mean that the fog lights standard in the Advance are the old halogen bulb type?
Also in the Accessory listing on the Acura web , they are $800 something, but when you "Price and built" they are $600 something. Is the Accessory listing wrong as in the Spare tire situation? Thanks
Old 05-08-2015, 10:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by NLRL
Hi, I am new to the forum and maybe to Acura brand.
We have a 2008 ML350 with low mileage , but we need to downsize and to have a smaller SUV, easier to get in and out . We are retirees!!!!
In our City there are no Audi dealers, so we looked at a Volvo XC60 which is a very nice car and we are waiting for the RDX which in 2 weeks should be in at our local dealer.
We were thinking to look at a MKC but pricing it at Carsdirect, seems a lot more expensive than it should be and we do not trust Lincoln brand too much.
I followed this forum which is very educational for a potential buyer.
Now , the question I have is related to the fog lights.
The Advance package comes with fog lights. But in the accessory listing for the same package there are LED fog lights available . Does this mean that the fog lights standard in the Advance are the old halogen bulb type?
Also in the Accessory listing on the Acura web , they are $800 something, but when you "Price and built" they are $600 something. Is the Accessory listing wrong as in the Spare tire situation? Thanks
MKC also seems to have not so good fuel economy. 2016 model will feature a different transmission and infotainment system.
Thw advance package on the RDX has halogen fog lights, but you can easily upgrade the bulbs with aftermarket highpower plung&play LEDs.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:08 AM
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Does anyone have an opinion on the size, positioning and styling of the new rear reflector arrangement on the 2016 RDX? I'm guessing this (Acura) styling element loosely tries to imitate the look of rear exhaust outlets. (Note that exhaust pipes are now hidden are all late model Acuras). IMO this styling revision is the least successful change to the RDX for 2016.. that is, right after those new 18 inch wheels on the Advance model! The revised front end styling looks great though with the new all-LED lighting.

Name:  13-2016-acura-rdx-chicago-1_zpscdnh410r.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  92.9 KB

Name:  16%20RDX%20Front%20LED%20Light%20Pipes_zps6pahqknd.png
Views: 189
Size:  419.4 KB

Last edited by rbreeze; 05-09-2015 at 07:20 AM.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:28 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by giovane
MKC also seems to have not so good fuel economy. 2016 model will feature a different transmission and infotainment system.
Thw advance package on the RDX has halogen fog lights, but you can easily upgrade the bulbs with aftermarket highpower plung&play LEDs.
Giovane, you are right that it could be a simple bulb switch. Still something is strange.
The local dealer (Hansel Acura) posted on his web the 2016 and the "price and build" with his prices for the accessories.
The LED fog lights are $725 for all RDX's from Base to Advance. If for the advance it will be just a change of bulbs, it does not make sense to be the same price for all the line.
Could be that the reflector is also different? Or is it a quirk of Acura marketing? Thanks

Quick Reply: 2016 Model Year Changes