2016 Acura RDX - luxury or just an expensive honda?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 07:41 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
are you done being 16 yet?
I'm sure he isn't.

Over the last three weeks I've had the "opportunity" to drive two completely different types of cars - a 16 ILX with all of the nannies and - most - recently - a 16 RDX tech.

After both I'm glad to have my TSX wagon back. Let me explain why.

I put a ton of miles on the ILX. The nannies were nice but don't quite work as intended. I had LKAS kick in based upon repaired road cracks and I had a braking incident on a curve where the car apparently thought that a tree on the side of the road was an obstacle. It seems that the collision braking hasn't been fully integrated with the steering angle sensor.

I thought the ILX had a rough engine/tranny combination and - while nicer than a Civic - it was clear that the underpinnings are that of the smaller Honda.

The RDX was a new car with just a few miles on the clock. I was clearly the first driver (I guess technically the second after the guy who brought the car to my house). I only put a hundred miles or so on the car.

First, I'm not sure why this car has such a large turning circle. At nearly 39 ft, it is over 3 feet more than the (longer) TSX and nearly a foot greater than the MDX. The Germans all have turning circles in the mid-thirties.

The interior is quite nice. The dash and doors integrate well as opposed to the ILX where the passenger door met up with the dash but the driver's side had a completely different design.

The engine is nice and smooth. Gas mileage was a bit of a disappointment. From a full tank and reset, cruise set to 60 on a flat interstate with minimal traffic, I couldn't break 30mpg on my 15 mile drive. Overall gas mileage was 20.4 when I gave the car back after mixed driving.

Sitting up high is pleasant but the seat adjustments on both sides are minimal and the rear headrests - even in the down position - impact your view out the rear.

Yes, the modern Acuras have two screens but the bottom one doesn't do anything that the buttons on the TSX can't.

Since Acura has done away with wagons, the only alternative is the RDX. It is decent value for the money and drives well but it isn't God's gift to mankind like rocky makes it out to be.
The following users liked this post:
othermike (10-13-2015)
Old 10-06-2015, 07:18 PM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
The tire rubber is as think as his head - but - if his dad had used a thick rubber then we wouldn't have to deal with him
Guys - I am guessing Rocky is posting his posts just to get a reaction ... I have a hard time believing he is really like this in real life. In a way, you are entertaining him with your responses.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by johnrh
Guys - I am guessing Rocky is posting his posts just to get a reaction ... I have a hard time believing he is really like this in real life. In a way, you are entertaining him with your responses.
He doesn’t even own an RDX. We’re just research material for an essay he's doing on the study of human behavior for his grade 12 psychology course.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts
Recently I got 8.9 L/100 km for gas mileage. That is EXCELLENT gas mileage for a crossover. That was probably due to the variable cylinder management technology in the RDX.

I didn't measure the turning radius or whatever, but the RDX responds extremely well when turning around corners or quickly avoiding bumps in the road. A very smooth vehicle.

In another post, I compared it to my friend's Mercedes ML class vehicle and showed how the 2016 RDX is equal to or better than the Mercedes in almost every area that I examined. For example, the 2016 RDX has seats that are higher quality and much more comfortable than the Mercedes.

The German luxury vehicles are over-rated and overpriced, over-engineered, and unreliable.

Originally Posted by ceb
I'm sure he isn't.

Over the last three weeks I've had the "opportunity" to drive two completely different types of cars - a 16 ILX with all of the nannies and - most - recently - a 16 RDX tech.

After both I'm glad to have my TSX wagon back. Let me explain why.

I put a ton of miles on the ILX. The nannies were nice but don't quite work as intended. I had LKAS kick in based upon repaired road cracks and I had a braking incident on a curve where the car apparently thought that a tree on the side of the road was an obstacle. It seems that the collision braking hasn't been fully integrated with the steering angle sensor.

I thought the ILX had a rough engine/tranny combination and - while nicer than a Civic - it was clear that the underpinnings are that of the smaller Honda.

The RDX was a new car with just a few miles on the clock. I was clearly the first driver (I guess technically the second after the guy who brought the car to my house). I only put a hundred miles or so on the car.

First, I'm not sure why this car has such a large turning circle. At nearly 39 ft, it is over 3 feet more than the (longer) TSX and nearly a foot greater than the MDX. The Germans all have turning circles in the mid-thirties.

The interior is quite nice. The dash and doors integrate well as opposed to the ILX where the passenger door met up with the dash but the driver's side had a completely different design.

The engine is nice and smooth. Gas mileage was a bit of a disappointment. From a full tank and reset, cruise set to 60 on a flat interstate with minimal traffic, I couldn't break 30mpg on my 15 mile drive. Overall gas mileage was 20.4 when I gave the car back after mixed driving.

Sitting up high is pleasant but the seat adjustments on both sides are minimal and the rear headrests - even in the down position - impact your view out the rear.

Yes, the modern Acuras have two screens but the bottom one doesn't do anything that the buttons on the TSX can't.

Since Acura has done away with wagons, the only alternative is the RDX. It is decent value for the money and drives well but it isn't God's gift to mankind like rocky makes it out to be.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:23 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by rockyboy
Recently I got 8.9 L/100 km for gas mileage. That is EXCELLENT gas mileage for a crossover. That was probably due to the variable cylinder management technology in the RDX.
You Canadians and your funky gas mileage measurement.

But, seriously, I wish the US would get with the program and stop measuring gas usage as MPG and convert it to GPM (gallons per mile). While they're at it, maybe convert to the metric system.

Rockyboy, would be a dear lad and convert 17.8mpg to L/Km? The US education system has failed me and I wouldn't know where to begin.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Burning Brakes

13.2 litres per 100 km
That's close to what I averaged in stop and go city driving.

http://calculator-converter.com/l_10...per_100_km.php
Old 10-07-2015, 11:46 PM
Burning Brakes

13.2 L/100 km. Are there many traffic lights on your routes and what is the speed limit? I usually drive 70-80 km/h with not too many traffic lights. Also, I try not to push the gas pedal too hard unless I have to.

Originally Posted by yeoyes
You Canadians and your funky gas mileage measurement.

But, seriously, I wish the US would get with the program and stop measuring gas usage as MPG and convert it to GPM (gallons per mile). While they're at it, maybe convert to the metric system.

Rockyboy, would be a dear lad and convert 17.8mpg to L/Km? The US education system has failed me and I wouldn't know where to begin.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:16 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Acura is a very nice Honda and that's not a bad thing, live with it.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:55 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
Merci Charlie!

Would you say that the "nannies" were a continuous and distracting issue, or just a once-in-a-while thing? I ask because I'm trying to decide between an RDX Tech or a trim level with more stuff.

Also, I believe that LKAS and CMBS can each be turned off separately, but can the driver also turn off the warnings for lane departure and forward collision? Parking sensors?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-13-2015, 08:55 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by othermike
Merci Charlie!

Would you say that the "nannies" were a continuous and distracting issue, or just a once-in-a-while thing? I ask because I'm trying to decide between an RDX Tech or a trim level with more stuff.

Also, I believe that LKAS and CMBS can each be turned off separately, but can the driver also turn off the warnings for lane departure and forward collision? Parking sensors?

Thanks in advance
The electronic bits were interesting initially, then became a bit of a distraction, then interesting again.

Initially, you go "cool, this is kind of neat" and you intentionally find ways to activate the sensors (by drifting over a white line when safe for example) but then you notice the ways that they go off improperly - an inadvertent braking because of a tree past a curve in the road or some mystery vibration that turns out to be a road repair instead of a marking. Later, you adjust your settings so that they only really alert if you are about to do something stupid.

I was a bit spoiled. I drove a E class for a month or so that had similar sensors but they had been refined over the years and were better integrated. The ones in the Acura seem more 2nd gen while the ones in the MB are 4th generation.

You can turn off must everything but the parking sensors. I can't see a situation where you'd want to turn off the parking sensors.

That said, while I don't find LKAS very useful, the other sensors are quite useful once you've fiddled with the settings and ACC is very useful as are the parking sensors. I'd only get the Advance/Elite version.

Acura has done a decent job with integrating them into the car. I put about 300 miles on my sister's Equinox this weekend and the same nannies are really annoying. Instead of a vibration when you start to drift out of your lane, you hear this very annoying beep and if the front collision warning is set to "far" then your car drives down the road like somebody who doesn't know how to drive a manual is driving as the brakes are constantly trying to kick in.

Statistics show that the average driver commits a "ticketable offense" every three minutes. It could be as simple as not blinking when changing lanes to drifting out of your lane. All of these safety devices will help you avoid some of those mistakes.

Last edited by ceb; 10-13-2015 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:22 AM
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
"Statistics show that the average driver commits a "ticketable offense" every three minutes. It could be as simple as not blinking when changing lanes to drifting out of your lane."

I think the lane departure warning has made me a better driver in that regard. Apparently (according to wife), I have always tended to favor the left side of a lane. Now I seem to be staying more centered in the lane if only to avoid the beeps.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:43 AM
Burning Brakes

I find the sensors are awesome. When I'm driving on the highway I like to put the Lane Keep Assist on if I'm feeling fatigued or just want to see how cool autonomous turning is. This vehicle is like a robot.

You should go for the fully loaded version. It costs only a few thousand more than the base. Compare this to other car companies like Mercedes or BMW, you'd pay $10-20,000 more for the fully loaded and essentially the same features. Good thing about Acura is they don't rip you off like those other luxury brands.

Originally Posted by othermike
Merci Charlie!

Thanks in advance
Old 10-13-2015, 10:46 AM
Burning Brakes

That statement can be misleading though. A fully loaded Honda CRV is a nice Honda. But it is not an Acura RDX. The 2016 RDX is a whole 'nother level. In another post, I proved that the RDX is equal to or better than the Mercedes ML in virtually every feature. Add to that far greater reliability and better pricing.

Originally Posted by madden
Old 10-13-2015, 11:24 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
In another post, I proved that the RDX is equal to or better than the Mercedes ML in virtually every feature. Add to that far greater reliability and better pricing.
No you did not.
all you did was recite the brochure of each.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:45 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by madden
That's all I care about. I like Honda. So I can't complain about a nicer Honda .
Old 10-13-2015, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Comfy
That's all I care about. I like Honda. So I can't complain about a nicer Honda .
I bought the TL on the basis that it is a Honda and that it will last forever.

I'm on year 5 and plan another 10 years with her.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:31 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
That statement can be misleading though. A fully loaded Honda CRV is a nice Honda. But it is not an Acura RDX. The 2016 RDX is a whole 'nother level. In another post, I proved that the RDX is equal to or better than the Mercedes ML in virtually every feature. Add to that far greater reliability and better pricing.
No, it is not equal to a Mercedes, let alone "better". Acura is a fine vehicle, and an exceptional value. Leave it at that.
The following 2 users liked this post by madden:
Comfy (10-16-2015), justnspace (10-13-2015)
Old 10-13-2015, 05:36 PM

Rocky's marble's are loose.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:30 PM
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts
I've driven through rural areas where there are no street lights. I can assure you the 2016 RDX lights give you ultimate clarity and lights up the road and surrounding areas. Not to mention the jewel eyes look like diamonds, that's why it turns heads.

Comfort: the seating features such as how the ventilated seats become cool very quickly and the great cushiness amd ergonomic design of the seats. Smooth riding suspension system. I've been in my friends' BMW 3 series, Mercedes ML, Audi q5 etc. and the RDX has more comfortable seating.

Offroad: I used the offroad capability this week already--went over a curb in a parking lot with ease.

Reliability: the 2016 is a midcycle refresh so reliability will be just as good or better than previous models. My friend has an RDX with nearly half a million km on it and it's still going strong

Technology: This is a major feature of luxury brands and the RDX has plenty of it.

If you do a head to head comparison of the RDX vs other cars in the class, the RDX beats most in features. You have a few like the Porsche Macan that has better power and handlig but low reliability and high repair costs and smaller cabin. That's why I didn't get the Porsche.
I'll only address the technology as I remembered this post today as I was trying to put some CDs on the hard drive. (I know there's a USB/Aux/etc, but the sound is better from the original CD.) It won't let you put music on from an mp3 or thumb drive (like many other "sub-par manufactures", but you need to do this one CD at a time. (It must be a factory original and not one downloaded from the computer - unless you want to manually type in the song/artist.) Mine is hit and miss for trying to do it manually (it usually doesn't work - it won't record individual songs) so I just set it on auto and record the entire CD, then delete the cuts I don't want. It would be nice to use the voice recognition feature to do this, but apparently my high-tech RDX has a difficult time understanding my English. When I say "music search" I am usually given a navigation option. Thus, I usually do it (record music) while the car is parked and push the appropriate button(s). If I burn a cd from my computer hard drive and attempt to put in on the RDX hard drive I have to type in every song and the artist for every song (even if only one artist). This technology amazes me. In 1998, I purchased my first CD burner. Like the high tech 2016 RDX, my 1998 CD burner burned at 4X. Unlike the high tech RDX, if there was only one artist I would have to type in each song, but only type the artist once. I think acura should either get with the program with the hard drive (similar to sub-par manufacturers) - i.e. allow to load music via a thumb drive or mp3s (read the blogs - people have complained about this for YEARS about acura) or just acknowledge that they aren't capable of providing the service and delete the hard drive on the amazing RDX.

I won't bother to mention any of the other amazing technologies (most of which I do appreciate), but I do get tired of going into the convenience store and letting the car idle so my wife can be in the A/C here in Florida, then upon getting back in the car - as soon as I move the gear shift - get the message that I'm too close to an object in front of me. There usually isn't an object anywhere near the front of the car. I've learned that the message will stay on regardless of how far I drive. The only way to get the message off is to shut off the engine and restart it. I know I can take it to the dealer, but it's an hour drive one way and I'll probably do it the next time I am near the dealership. It's my hope that I don't get the answer that they all do this - like the wind noise from the a-pillars.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:42 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by snorf
I'll only address the technology as I remembered this post today as I was trying to put some CDs on the hard drive. (I know there's a USB/Aux/etc, but the sound is better from the original CD.) It won't let you put music on from an mp3 or thumb drive (like many other "sub-par manufactures", but you need to do this one CD at a time. (It must be a factory original and not one downloaded from the computer - unless you want to manually type in the song/artist.) Mine is hit and miss for trying to do it manually (it usually doesn't work - it won't record individual songs) so I just set it on auto and record the entire CD, then delete the cuts I don't want. It would be nice to use the voice recognition feature to do this, but apparently my high-tech RDX has a difficult time understanding my English. When I say "music search" I am usually given a navigation option. Thus, I usually do it (record music) while the car is parked and push the appropriate button(s). If I burn a cd from my computer hard drive and attempt to put in on the RDX hard drive I have to type in every song and the artist for every song (even if only one artist). This technology amazes me. In 1998, I purchased my first CD burner. Like the high tech 2016 RDX, my 1998 CD burner burned at 4X. Unlike the high tech RDX, if there was only one artist I would have to type in each song, but only type the artist once. I think acura should either get with the program with the hard drive (similar to sub-par manufacturers) - i.e. allow to load music via a thumb drive or mp3s (read the blogs - people have complained about this for YEARS about acura) or just acknowledge that they aren't capable of providing the service and delete the hard drive on the amazing RDX.

I won't bother to mention any of the other amazing technologies (most of which I do appreciate), but I do get tired of going into the convenience store and letting the car idle so my wife can be in the A/C here in Florida, then upon getting back in the car - as soon as I move the gear shift - get the message that I'm too close to an object in front of me. There usually isn't an object anywhere near the front of the car. I've learned that the message will stay on regardless of how far I drive. The only way to get the message off is to shut off the engine and restart it. I know I can take it to the dealer, but it's an hour drive one way and I'll probably do it the next time I am near the dealership. It's my hope that I don't get the answer that they all do this - like the wind noise from the a-pillars.
You just don't understand the amazing technology in the RDX.

You must type in the artist name each time because you need the practice of entering things into the system. This will help you with other life functions unrelated to the car - like programming your VCR or the clock on your microwave. No other car is quite so helpful.

Not recognizing your voice is a personal problem. You just aren't enunciating clearly enough using Japanese accented English.

The "too close to an object" message is an innovative safety feature found only on the RDX. It is intended to remind you of your dear wife by constantly reminding you that at one time you got awfully close to an object. It is also advance warning that at some point in the future you may get "too close to an object".

No other luxury car has these advanced features.

Last edited by ceb; 10-16-2015 at 08:44 AM.
snorf (10-16-2015)
Old 10-16-2015, 11:28 AM
Racer

Thank you, ceb. Like my wife, I am obviously new to all this modern technology. It makes me wonder how we manage to get our plane in and out of our hangar (we live in a fly-in community) let alone to a destination. As to the language issue... English is my native language but I do speak Chinese and my wife is a retired language arts instructor (French, Spanish and English). To the best of my knowledge, we sound like people from Pennsylvania and Maryland. But perhaps that's just an old way of thinking and not the modern tongue required for the high tech RDX.

Last edited by snorf; 10-16-2015 at 11:35 AM.
ceb (10-16-2015)
Old 10-16-2015, 11:32 AM

but does it have a chick magnet?
Old 10-16-2015, 11:38 AM
Racer

Just the one time when I was riding near a park in Daytona and a mammoth of a babe came running to the car with her arms extended toward the RDX. Fortunately for me, I got away in time as I didn't know if I had the cargo towing capacity to carry her. She apparently was disappointed not to get to the RDX and returned to her home via a flatbed trailer. I think if I'd have gotten the Canadian model like rocky I wouldn't be able to drive along the coastline at all.
mindanalyzer (04-21-2016)
Old 10-16-2015, 11:43 AM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
Just the one time when I was riding near a park in Daytona and a mammoth of a babe came running to the car with her arms extended toward the RDX. Fortunately for me, I got away in time as I didn't know if I had the cargo towing capacity to carry her. She apparently was disappointed not to get to the RDX and returned to her home via a flatbed trailer. I think if I'd have gotten the Canadian model like rocky I wouldn't be able to drive along the coastline at all.
The noise I just made when reading that was what I can best describe as a snorf. Sort of a half snort half laugh. Thanks!

I'm starting a snorf fanclub.

001: cu2wagon.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:48 AM

002: justnspace

wait, this is for PM of nudes right?
Old 10-16-2015, 11:52 AM

Isn't it always?
Old 10-16-2015, 11:52 AM
Racer

I'm not into pornography, but should you decide to take nude pics of women attracted to my RDX I would suggest you have a wide angle lens.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:13 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Thank you, ceb. Like my wife, I am obviously new to all this modern technology. It makes me wonder how we manage to get our plane in and out of our hangar (we live in a fly-in community) let alone to a destination. As to the language issue... English is my native language but I do speak Chinese and my wife is a retired language arts instructor (French, Spanish and English). To the best of my knowledge, we sound like people from Pennsylvania and Maryland. But perhaps that's just an old way of thinking and not the modern tongue required for the high tech RDX.
There's your problem. There is no Japanese in that list.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:17 PM
Racer

Domo arigato. I was hoping you could help me. I can't wait to try the voice commands again!
ceb (10-16-2015)
Old 10-16-2015, 12:28 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Domo arigato. I was hoping you could help me. I can't wait to try the voice commands again!
There you go. Had you said that in your car then you'd probably be searching your music right now.

As an alternative, you could find a 13 year old Canadian and have them say the commands "music search, eh"

Last edited by ceb; 10-16-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:07 PM
Instructor

I'm not into pornography, but should you decide to take nude pics of women attracted to my RDX I would suggest you have a wide angle lens.
I'm a photography hobbyist and hey, I think we all enjoy some nude pics. Tried googling "wide angle lens nudity." Quite the disappointment.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:24 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by yesrdx
I'm a photography hobbyist and hey, I think we all enjoy some nude pics. Tried googling "wide angle lens nudity." Quite the disappointment.
Maybe you should try RDX wide angle lens nudity.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:27 PM
Instructor

Maybe you should try RDX wide angle lens nudity.
Let's not and just pretend we did.

Old 10-16-2015, 10:38 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
You're going to need a wide angle lens for the water buffalos the rdx attracts.
Old 10-17-2015, 04:42 AM

snorf, do you have any friends at DOD you can phone up for a favor?

justnspace (10-21-2015)
Old 10-17-2015, 09:40 AM
Racer

No friends in DoD. Retired too long. They're probably using the RDX in Area 51 for secret programs already anyway.
justnspace (10-21-2015)
Old 10-17-2015, 03:35 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Upscale Honda.............
Sumoto
justnspace (10-21-2015)
Old 10-20-2015, 05:03 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by rockyboy I've driven through rural areas where there are no street lights. I can assure you the 2016 RDX lights give you ultimate clarity and lights up the road and surrounding areas. Not to mention the jewel eyes look like diamonds, that's why it turns heads.

Comfort: the seating features such as how the ventilated seats become cool very quickly and the great cushiness amd ergonomic design of the seats. Smooth riding suspension system. I've been in my friends' BMW 3 series, Mercedes ML, Audi q5 etc. and the RDX has more comfortable seating.

Offroad: I used the offroad capability this week already--went over a curb in a parking lot with ease.

Reliability: the 2016 is a midcycle refresh so reliability will be just as good or better than previous models. My friend has an RDX with nearly half a million km on it and it's still going strong

Technology: This is a major feature of luxury brands and the RDX has plenty of it.

If you do a head to head comparison of the RDX vs other cars in the class, the RDX beats most in features. You have a few like the Porsche Macan that has better power and handlig but low reliability and high repair costs and smaller cabin. That's why I didn't get the Porsche.

Again, only addressing technology. The hard drive is amazing. I recorded a few more CDs to the hard drive today. I have to click on music search (otherwise it automatically goes to nav), but when I say Rolling Stones I hear: "displaying nearest grocery store". I'm guessing that the outstanding technology in the RDX can make Mick Jagger appear at the Publix grocery store only a few miles from our home! It truly is amazing technology. I haven't gone there yet, but I'm guessing it's probably free admission and there is no line. Going back and deleting the unwanted songs is also amazing. It affords you the opportunity to exercise your wrist and hand as it will return to the first song or the song currently playing and allow you to start your search all over again and scroll, scroll, scroll before the three step procedure of deleting a song. I'm sure the RDX crew did this to help physical therapists. They apparently like to think outside the cardboard box.

I am guessing one of two things happened with the modern, high-tech hard drive in the amazing RDX:

1) the guy who did the software is patting himself on the back because it is such a leap from what he has on his eight track or

2) the software was developed by an elite team. I say this as I am confident it would take a team to come up with a system like this. One man could not be that dumb all alone.

** added: I am confident that the 8-track user or elite team of morons was probably also responsible for not having a windshield washer low fluid warning. I am leaning towards crediting the 8-track guy as this technology has been on almost every car produced since .... hmmmm..... maybe 1970?

Last edited by snorf; 10-20-2015 at 05:08 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by snorf:
hand-filer (10-20-2015), justnspace (10-21-2015), rbreeze (10-22-2015), YeuEmMaiMai (10-23-2015)
Old 10-20-2015, 10:39 PM
Burning Brakes

** added: I am confident that the 8-track user or elite team of morons was probably also responsible for not having a windshield washer low fluid warning. I am leaning towards crediting the 8-track guy as this technology has been on almost every car produced since .... hmmmm..... maybe 1970?
If I'm not mistaken the Canadian model has the low washer indicator. The team responsible might have been from the compact cassette generation.

I had a "Muntz Stereo 8" and Jensen 6x9 coaxial rear deck speakers in my 66 Mustang. It was such a bitchin' chick magnet.

Last edited by hand-filer; 10-20-2015 at 10:43 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by hand-filer:
justnspace (10-21-2015), rbreeze (10-22-2015)
Old 10-21-2015, 03:49 PM
Racer

Perhaps acura is using this technology that requires lots of hand/wrist movements to strengthen those body parts in the event the RDX IS a chick magnet and they realize some RDX owners may not be capable of handling a chick and have to resort to strong hand/wrist action. (disclaimer note: I am not identifying anyone in this comment and any suggestion there may be a reference to a Canadian RDX owner is purely a coincidence)
The following 6 users liked this post by snorf:
ceb (10-21-2015), hand-filer (10-21-2015), justnspace (10-21-2015), mindanalyzer (04-21-2016), rbreeze (10-22-2015), YeuEmMaiMai (10-23-2015) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: 2016 Acura RDX - luxury or just an expensive honda?