what is the going price?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what is the going price?

Top trim AWD Tech 2013. I got $2K off verbally before going in seems good but I'm sure it can come down a little more?
Old 06-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
RDXAWD...You should have tried and combine all your questions in one thread rather than create 3 or 4 separate one.....I know you are new here but keep that in mind in the future
Old 06-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Intermediate

I am sorry, can you delete this thread and move it to the price thread?
Old 06-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Suzuka Master

I can't bu t maybe moderators can. I wasn't suggesting you delete the thread....I just saying that in the future, you can always ask multiple questions in a thread and get people to chime in BTW...2k off MSRP is pretty good and although some may get better, some may not so its whats best for you. Keep in mind that some get amazing price because they have bought numerous vehicles from the same dealer, or have no accessories given into the deal. Its hard to compare apples to apples.....just go with what feels right in your heart and enjoy the RDX
Old 06-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
weather....you pretty much hit it dead on. There is NO "going price." On any vehicle! So many varying factors that come into play....and for me this time...it was "who you know." Prior 5 vehicles it was because...of the 5 vehicles....!!! I was buying at invoice and getting 30% off accessories, discounts on installs, etc. Oh, and free oil changes. They loved me. I have free rein of the dealership...shop area, parts, wherever. That's pretty cool. Very rare to have a "customer" roaming around the shop area. But, like I was told....there are always exceptions. I was told I am considered one of the "family."

It's fun to be able to interact with my "one and only guy" that worked on my cars. I knew when it was the right time to "talk" and when to back off since he was busy.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:30 PM
7th Gear

I just get the offer from the dealer. Do you think is a good deal ?

2013 Acura RDX AWD with Technology Package
$40,315.00 MSRP (Window Sticker Price)
$39,115.00*
$1,200.00 Your Savings
Old 06-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
I was told I am considered one of the "family."

It's fun to be able to interact with my "one and only guy" that worked on my cars. I knew when it was the right time to "talk" and when to back off since he was busy.
I am in the exact same situation as you at my dealership! These guys treat me like gold and when I go there, they make me feel like I a VALUED customer and a family member. This is my 4th Acura since 2006 with them and they know it ain't going to be my last. I am already planning of getting my TL replacement on the spring of 2014 (either the TLX or the RLX). If neither one appeal to me, I am even considering getting the NSX however, I am not sure how I feel about a TRUE sports car with two seats and my balls hitting every bump on the road.

I'd like to get the NSX but my gut feeling tells me I wouldn't enjoy it as much as I think. Time will tell but I think the next TLX will be a hoerun given how Acura seems to be back on track as far as designs
Old 06-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
$1,200 off the MSRP for this vehicle at this time I think is a good price. I got mine a little cheaper, but, not by much....and I had connections to the owner.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:40 PM
TLT
10th Gear

I know this is a crazy question to most of you, but I'm a single female (my family lives far away & I always end up buying my cars alone without much help from anyone). I research like crazy on forums, Edmunds, Vehix, Consumer Reports, NADA, KBB & feel like I know a lot about the cars I buy, but when you all quote a price of $39,115 ($1200 off MSRP), is that the TOTAL price, incl. taxes & destination fees, etc? Or is that the price before all the extra expenses are added? I'm assuming it's before...sorry to seem so naive compared to you all. A guy from my church works at our local HONDA/ACURA dealership - he sold me the Crosstour I'm going to trade in, so I like to believe he'll help me get the best price on an RDX, I still want to be somewhat aware of what others are paying.

Still debating between AWD base or AWD tech. IF I go with the base, what accessories do you think are a must? All my other cars have always had fog lights, I do find myself using them when needed, do you think they are a worth while accessory? Would I miss them? Seems everyone likes Weathertech liners for floor and cargo area - do you suggest those over the ones Acura sells? Splash guards? I've always had them. Cargo Cover? Just wondering what's worth adding. - Still debating between Silver Moon or Forged Silver Metallic with black interior.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
TLT - It does get confusing as some people talk about out the door price (taxes included) and others use the sticker price . Both include shipping. Options and accessories may or may not be included in the sticker price depending on the make. I think most people on this forum use MSRP or sticker price and include accessories. I have a base and have the cargo mat, cargo cover, body side molding and splash guards. These are the most useful for my situation. I have other vehicles with fog lights and they are not particularly helpful the few times I do use them. Just like the color, buy what you like and makes sense to you. Women can get just as good a deal on a car as any man. You just have to research to find out what the car cost the dealer and then view the car as a commodity. The guy from church sounds helpful. Truecar and Edmund can give you dealer costs but Truecar will not have useful actual sales price data until the initial sales surge is over.

Last edited by Dorsey; 06-22-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Suzuka Master

TNT....welcome to the forum and you will find we are a pretty decent bunch of people - sometime my humor is a little wonky but overall, I am a pretty respectful person

To your question, it can be very hard to figure out what people truly pay on here because people don;t talk apple and apple. Some will also like to "embellish" the deal they got to make others envious. To me, I don't base my decision on what others pay but rather, what I am prepared to pay. It may sound like a poor advice but this whole "I paid this" but "he paid that" can be frustrating because at times, it can feel you have been taken for a ride when all along, its not really the case. For me, I try and get an idea of what the price of the vehicle is (MSRP) and then make a reasonable estimation of what I think is fair for me to ask for a discount. My dad ran a car dealership and I pretty much know the in's and out's of the business but I also know that everyone needs to make money...that is what makes our economy going. As I say all the time, I don't work for free and I wouldn't expect anyone at the dealership to break even on the deal.

Keep in mind the following, alot of factors goes into the price you pay at the end of the day....Is it a straight sale, is it a trade, are you a loyal customer or not, is the dealership trying to meet a quota number and is offering very aggressive discounts, are they throwing accessories in lieu of a heavy cash discount....all those matter.

I also live in Canada so our pricing and competitive market are not the same but here, given how hot this RDX is, most people have been getting between 1000-1500$ off MSRP, then you add the Freight and PDI, taxes and there you have it. For me, I was able to negotiate 1000$ off, got a set of steel rims/TPMS (for the winter), cargo tray, 0.25% finance rate and received an Acura jacket and couple of other goodies. Is this the best deal ever, NO, but am I treated like a somebody when I walk in the dealership and get top notch service ...ABSOLUTELY......and that, to me, is worth more than anything! Saving a few hundred dollars here or there is one thing, exceptional service and a dealer who will go the extra mile and won't rip you off when you bring it for service is worth everything...to me anyway.

As far as accessories, none of them are a must per se. I do agree, teh fog lights are a nice touch and here in Canada, they are standard so I didn't to buy them after the fact. Depending of what you put in the back, the cargo tray is really really practical.
To me, if you can afford the Tech, just do it! You will get the fog lights, the HID and the ELS sound system and other goodies too. You may have buyers remorse if you don't...trust me, I skimped out when I bought my 2009 TSX and vowed I would never do that mistake again. My 2012 TL AWD is the tech model and so is my 2013 RDX AWD.

Best of luck and if you have more questions, don't hesitate.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:53 PM
TLT
10th Gear

thanks for the advice Weather (and everyone else) - you have tons of great info in this forum. I could afford the TECH, just not sure I'd ever learn/figure it all out. Seems a little complicated - although would LOVE the fog lights, upgraded stereo, and from what I've read, the Xenon lights are amazing. I really do appreciate the info. Now to just decide on the exterior color.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Suzuka Master

^^^^ You are welcome. Colors are never an easy choice for most...for me, its white all the way. Best of luck with your decision and make sure you come back and inform us and post pictures. BTW...the tech can be overwhelming but you don't have to learn it from day 1....treat it like a man, something you learn about it every day Although, you could make the argument that because its an Acura, its going to be alot more reliable/dependable with a better trade in value than a man