Notices

What did your RDX replace?

Old 05-28-2019, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by egads View Post
When people ask me what an RDX is, it tell them it's a CRV with sound deadening. (I don't mention the V-6)

My wife says she is noticing a different type of angry driver targeting her now that she is not in a Hybrid...
Totally agreed that a RDX is a glorified CR-V with a couple of extra cylinders. Just like a 1970s 911 is a glorified VW Beetle with a couple of extra cylinders.

How 'bout a bumper sticker for your wife that says "This SUV runs on 3 cylinders"
Old 05-29-2019, 06:19 AM
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by egads View Post
When people ask me what an RDX is, it tell them it's a CRV with sound deadening. (I don't mention the V-6)

My wife says she is noticing a different type of angry driver targeting her now that she is not in a Hybrid...
No insult, but your wife was targeted by one kind of drivers when in hybrid and now is targeted by different kind of drivers. Hmmm... I am not sure I blame the vehicle.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:31 PM
BCN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 RDX Tech Package
Old 05-31-2019, 03:46 PM
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Clickit02 View Post
No insult, but your wife was targeted by one kind of drivers when in hybrid and now is targeted by different kind of drivers. Hmmm... I am not sure I blame the vehicle.
Well, unless you have actually have had a hybrid, you might not understand the stigma. The guys in the monster trucks think of you as prey. Other folks just assume you will be going too slow. It is not anything she actually does. In fact, she may have a record of getting the worst mileage of any Honda hybrid driver ever. 75+ on LA freeways with the A/C on full blast will do that. She has been driving over 20k @ year for the last 30 years, so hardly the wifey driver. More like a road warrior. She even wrote a play about it called Drive!
Now I think she just feels like she is in a car that's too nice for her, that folks might think she's rich or something. I tell her that a BMW X-3 would have been worse in that regard. What it all boils down to is that folks are so
shallow thinking one's identity is somehow defined by what you drive.
The following 2 users liked this post by egads:
bldrdx (06-01-2019), Clickit02 (05-31-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 07:13 PM
Wiggy Wiggy Wiggy

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
My 2013 RDX replaced a 2005 TL 6MT will 98K. Now looking at a 2018/2019 MDX Advance or maybe a Pilot. Don't think I can hold off until the 4th gen MDX.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.