Umber leather in RDX?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 09:52 AM
TLT
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Umber leather in RDX?

Just curious if they've every done an RDX with Umber Leather like on a few of the other Acura models? I REALLY like it. Darker than parchment, so not as dirty & lighter than black.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by TLT
Just curious if they've every done an RDX with Umber Leather like on a few of the other Acura models? I REALLY like it. Darker than parchment, so not as dirty & lighter than black.
I have only seen it in the TL and MDX. To me Black is the colour and I cannot stand the Umber colour. That said many people seem to like it.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by BLEXV6
I have only seen it in the TL and MDX. To me Black is the colour and I cannot stand the Umber colour. That said many people seem to like it.
While we'll likely get flammed for this comment...I fully agree with both count! I love black interiors only and would never own the Umber Interior.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:42 AM
TLT
10th Gear

Hey you 2 - No offense taken. I have black now and like it better than other colors/ligher ivories, I've had in the past. But, I do like that dark brown. I'm glad to stick with black, just curious if they've ever done the umber. I think it would look nice with that brown color they have out now, or even those goldy/champaigne ext colors.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 46 Posts
One plus for black is better security. When you look in through the privacy glass it is hard to see any detail so dark item left in back do not stand out. With a lighter color interior you can look in through the privacy glass and see all the details.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems the Umber Brown Leather interior ..is only available for the TL & MDX...as per the Acura site. Not sure if we can custom order the RDX with this one
Old 06-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
While we'll likely get flammed for this comment...I fully agree with both count! I love black interiors only and would never own the Umber Interior.

ROTFLOL! Let me flame away then, Weather!!!

I LOVE umber interior. It seems that Acura only uses it in the more "upscale" models only. Unfortunately, they don't do it across their entire line - I think that doing so would actually have helped people perceive Acura as a more premier brand. Just look at the various leather colours available to BMW. Sure, you pay more money, but I think it's worth it.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by ostrich
ROTFLOL! Let me flame away then, Weather!!!

I LOVE umber interior. It seems that Acura only uses it in the more "upscale" models only. Unfortunately, they don't do it across their entire line - I think that doing so would actually have helped people perceive Acura as a more premier brand. Just look at the various leather colours available to BMW. Sure, you pay more money, but I think it's worth it.
Don't worry, I never flame people for having their opinion and their preferences...I was more concerned that I was going to get flamed for not being a huge fan of that color. Again, I do realize that each their preference (like tan interior vs black interior) and umber is simply another color to add to the mix. Again, I know alot of people do love that color but for me, it inspires no passion..

BTW...Its a good thing I don't live in Calgary, I was able to wash my TL today. It wasn't super dirty but had alot of pollen on it.....in the sun, you could see a layer all over it and it was just driving me wild!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Meat Popsicle

Originally Posted by GRDX
One plus for black is better security.
Funniest thing I have ever read. Are they going to steal your armrest?
Old 06-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by lilfeat
Funniest thing I have ever read. Are they going to steal your armrest?
If you leave something inside the car on the rear floor or seat as long as the object is dark it is not noticeable with a dark color interior. Even lighter colored objects are usually not apparent unless you put your head right up to the glass. With the light color interior everything left in the car light or dark stands out and draws attention.