Tint "color" for 2014 RDX Front windows

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 09:01 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tint "color" for 2014 RDX Front windows

Hi...I have a 2014 RDX and I want to tint the front windows. I'm reading that 20% is the number for matching the "darkness" of the tinting, but what "color" tint matches the back windows? I went to get a 20% Smoke done on them today, and the darkness seemed to match pretty good, but the color was definitely off. The RDX tinting looks kind of black from the outside, but looking out from the inside seems to have a rose or orange/bronze look. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Old 04-24-2017, 09:54 AM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
That will vary depending on the brand of tint used. I just went into a tint dealer(they use 3M) and asked them to match the rears. 20% is the correct tint level.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:02 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by habascott
Hi...I have a 2014 RDX and I want to tint the front windows. I'm reading that 20% is the number for matching the "darkness" of the tinting, but what "color" tint matches the back windows? I went to get a 20% Smoke done on them today, and the darkness seemed to match pretty good, but the color was definitely off. The RDX tinting looks kind of black from the outside, but looking out from the inside seems to have a rose or orange/bronze look. Can anyone help? Thanks!
i wasn't asked about "colour" when I got my tints. I got 20% done on the front windows using llumar ceramic tints. I also noticed the colour difference when I first got them but I concluded that it might have been because I got ceramic tints instead of the 'non-ceramic' factory tints. I contemplated getting my tints done for the back windows and rear windshield to match the fronts but I got over the colour difference quickly and it doesn't bother me as much anymore