Thule Aeroblade Roof Rack

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 11:07 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thule Aeroblade Roof Rack

Posting a 2017 RDX AWD Tech with recently added Thule roof racks. I've done a lot of research on roof racks, whether one should by the factory installed bars or go aftermarket. I intend on using the roof rack for snowboarding w/ the Thule Ski Rack. Reading other forums about the factory installed bars, I heard they are expensive and not versatile. I went with the following:
  • Thule Aeroblade CrossBars: ARB53B (53", b stand for black)
  • Thule Rapid Traverse Foot Packs: 480R
  • Thule Fit Kit: KIT1725 (this is the fit kit specific to the Acura RDX)
  • Thule Lock Cylinders - only purchased 2, one for each side
Unfortunately, since Acura doesn't have factory installed rails, and if you have a naked roof you have to buy the Rapid Traverse Foot pack and the vehicle specific Fit Kit.

On a previous similar post (https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...f-rack-926068/) user 1hp, identified that the Fit Kit measurement instructions are incorrect. I also noticed that the measurements were wrong but slightly different than what 1hp mentioned.
  • X (scale) = 50 - they said 47
  • Y- the instructions were accurate
An additional tip, wait to cut the TOP and LOWER cover strip (the rubber inserts) until you've found the exact measurements to your car. Not a big deal, but I used the instructions on the fit kit, and I ended up having to extend the foot packs leaving air spaces.

Here are a few pictures, let me know if anyone has any questions.
Attached Thumbnails Thule Aeroblade Roof Rack-img_5244.jpg   Thule Aeroblade Roof Rack-img_5245.jpg   Thule Aeroblade Roof Rack-img_5255.jpg