Saw new 2013 RDX Today @ Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Saw new 2013 RDX Today @ Dealer

I was at my Acura dealer today, and saw a new 2013 in the showroom. I had seen it @ the Toronto Auto show in February, however it was on a rotation platform there, and I could not sit in it. Anyway, my general impression is that this vehicle is quite a bit nicer and more luxurious than the 1st generation of which my Wife drives, and I drive the TL.

The interior is much like my TL's, which I love. In fact the steering wheel is not as fat as my TL, but is very similar, with all the buttons on it identical on the steering wheel. A big improvement over the 1st Gen. The dashboard and centre console is very nice with good quality. There is a cover over a front mounted cubby above the shifter for the usb cable etc. The shifter is a nice leather just like the TL, which is an improvement over the 1st Gen. The gauges are very nice and more classy than the 1st gen, but I really like the 1st Gen gauges. The seats and dashboard are all a very nice soft quality material. I love the push button start and the power rear liftgate. The interior fit and finish is excellent. I thought the fit and finish of the 1st generation was good, but not as high of quality.It appears that Acura has cheaped out with the lack of a tonneau cover. I love the removable shelf of the 1st Gen. I bet they will try to tag us for an acceesory of a tonneau cover. It's like my 1st gen MDX and the tonneau aceesory rattled. I hated it.

The exterior is very nice, but they still don't have the fit and finish (read panel gaps), right. I also found this with our RDX. Otherwise the car is very nice looking.

Now get this, there was a 12 RDX in the showroom without the Navi Package for $15 less per month lease payment than a 13 RDX with Navi. Guess they are running out of the 12's or don't care if they sell them. They are about $2000 cash more Canadian than they were for my 11, @ a MSRP of $43,950.00 Canadian for the Tech package unit.

Hopefully Acura will get the quality issues with the panels under control. I have my TL for 2 more years, and am pretty sure I will get an RDX, unless the gas prices get a lot worse and then maybe a CRV.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
they are already on the road around where i live. i saw two both white with tech package.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by pickler
they are already on the road around where i live. i saw two both white with tech package.
I have yet to see any on the road. I expect I will see one soon.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
I haven't seen any on the road here in the DFW area, but one dealer said they were selling them before they were even off the delivery truck. I think he said he sold 2 that way. This was about 2 or 3 days after they first appeared on show-room floors, I think.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
I haven't seen any on the road here in the DFW area, but one dealer said they were selling them before they were even off the delivery truck. I think he said he sold 2 that way. This was about 2 or 3 days after they first appeared on show-room floors, I think.
rdx was pretty high on demand where i live. it was the best selling acura after the mdx at the 2 closest dealerships to me. so there has been no difference in orders as of yet according to dealer but mdx sales have apparently started to slip. looks like maybe the rdx is replacing the mdx, something acura probably did not anticipate.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:40 AM
TSXmeister

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Saw 2 RDX last Friday at the dealership while my TSX was being service, while waiting looked around saw a white and a red RDX. Sales rep approached me and showed the interior....looks pretty nice imo, the instrument and controls/buttons layout much simpler than the MDX. Love how the seat's back fold/drop quickly at the pull of the handle. Didn't do a test drive since my car was nearly done on its maintenance service.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TSXmeister
Saw 2 RDX last Friday at the dealership while my TSX was being service, while waiting looked around saw a white and a red RDX. Sales rep approached me and showed the interior....looks pretty nice imo, the instrument and controls/buttons layout much simpler than the MDX. Love how the seat's back fold/drop quickly at the pull of the handle. Didn't do a test drive since my car was nearly done on its maintenance service.
Funny with those rear seats, on the 12 RDX and older, the seat bottoms pull foreward so the seatback can lay flat. On the 13 RDX they dont move (the seat bottoms), but I have seen the CRV and both the seatback and bottoms fold away with the handle, Wonder why the RDX does not do this.The seatback does lay pretty flat though.