RDX System gone haywire

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 07:57 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RDX System gone haywire

Last week when I start my RDX in the middle afternoon the entire system gone haywire. Got 3 different different errors with engine and steering wheel. I turn off the car and start it again, still the same errors. I put it in Drive and drive away hopefully errors would clear itself but did not.
I drove for about 5 minutes. Decide to stop, turn off the engine, get out and lock the door.
Unlock the door and got back into the car after a minute, start the car again and all errors disappear. I think the computer system must got confused or there is a buggy software that run the computer system in RDX.
Attached Thumbnails RDX System gone haywire-img_2033.jpg   RDX System gone haywire-img_2034.jpg   RDX System gone haywire-img_2035.jpg  
Old 07-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
One of the inherent problems of having such techy vehicles. Sometimes they are like our computers, they just have to be re-booted to get them back on track. Hopefully that's all it was. But, if not, at least Acura has a great warranty. I'll trade mine before the warranty runs out!! LOL!! Well, I truly don't keep vehicles longer than 3 years. That's been my norm anyway.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
Derrick, that's kind of scary. Last thing I'd want to have happen is have electrical issues or something while doing 70+ on the freeway or something. Did you run it by the dealer/service dept?
Old 07-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Take it to the dealer along with you pics and get it documented. Maybe it is just some strange hic up, but it could be a sign of a problem. It's a brand new car, better to err on the side of caution and get the dealer to look at it. Then if something else happens, even months later, you are covered.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
One of the inherent problems of having such techy vehicles. Sometimes they are like our computers, they just have to be re-booted to get them back on track. Hopefully that's all it was. But, if not, at least Acura has a great warranty. I'll trade mine before the warranty runs out!! LOL!! Well, I truly don't keep vehicles longer than 3 years. That's been my norm anyway.
I share your sentiment on this one too....Cars are becoming extremely complex and not like the days where uncle Norm and his greasy T-shirt could fix it I am very grateful that my RDX is not exactly like my computer because I would hate to take it to the dealer and have them plug it on the diagnostic tool and see all the internet sites that I have been visiting *LMAO*

As far as owning your vehicles less than 3 years, I my friend, share the same philosophy as you! I am alraedy awiting May 2014 to trade my 2012 TL for the new one (unless its hideous which I doubt). The only one I may keep longer is my little Accent because I still want to have my rain car and don't see having to have the latest and greatest for dring something super basic and that only gets driven when the roads are shitty...
Old 07-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
I share your sentiment on this one too....Cars are becoming extremely complex and not like the days where uncle Norm and his greasy T-shirt could fix it I am very grateful that my RDX is not exactly like my computer because I would hate to take it to the dealer and have them plug it on the diagnostic tool and see all the internet sites that I have been visiting *LMAO*

As far as owning your vehicles less than 3 years, I my friend, share the same philosophy as you! I am alraedy awiting May 2014 to trade my 2012 TL for the new one (unless its hideous which I doubt). The only one I may keep longer is my little Accent because I still want to have my rain car and don't see having to have the latest and greatest for dring something super basic and that only gets driven when the roads are shitty...
Weather,
For a while I thought you were joking about your Accent. Is it true?
It's hard for me to understand it, because I enjoy every minute of driving my RDX and I wouldn't waste my driving time on a car I don't like that much. Why do you want to save your good cars when you are only going to keep them for that little time? I would be more concerned about safety in bad weather and I would drive the better car then.
I hope I didn't offend you with my comment, but it is something I want to understand... who knows, maybe I'll do the same thing as you one day
Old 07-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
rdxm....My friend, you could never offend me even you tried! I am the most laid back, easy going and open minded individual you will ever meet so never feel you have to be cautious about offending me Now on the serious stuff...the answer is YES. I really have an Accent that I drive around as my daily beater, if you can call a brand new car a beater. I agree with you that it seems illogical to have two amazing vehicles (SH-AWD and AWD I might add) and rely on an Accent to drive me around town when the weather is shitty. My Acuras have always been my babies and the vehicles I would never drive in the rain and why I had my RAV4. Originally, the intent was to perpetuate the luxury feel of my TL into the RDX so that I would be missing out and always driving something amazing. Once I got my RDX home, that is when the disease from my TL spread over to my RDX and I just said, I hate driving this beautiful vehicle in shitty weather, see all the rotors get rusted, the calipers get all dirty, the wheel wells gunked up, the under carriage all dirty and all. I know its crazy but that being said, I am in a financial situation where I can afford to do what do and cars are a passion for me. There is so much pride in driving a car that is so pristine and people always comment on my cars everywhere I go. I get TOP dollars when I trade them in and even if I didn't, the joy and satisfaction I get is just intoxicating....Its like a runner's high. I know I am anal but at least I recognize it, I can laugh at myself about it but at the end of the day, its because I can do it that I do Maybe one day, I'll say the hell with it, but for now, my little Accent takes the abuse while my Acuras take me on the nice road trips, the cruizing down the coutry side.

If you ever get in a position where you can do it, you will see that its a great feeling to drive a car for 3 years and bring it back looking as new as the day you took possession of it! If you want my trade in, let me know *lol* The inside is just as new!! Floor mats never see the car either