Official: 2013 RDX Specs!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Arrow Official: 2013 RDX Specs!

Here it is RDX enthusiasts! See attached official specifications and features for the 2013 Acura RDX!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RDX2013_Specs.pdf (811.1 KB, 364 views)
The following users liked this post:
DibbyD (03-24-2012)
Old 03-24-2012, 08:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Exclamation

Mods, could we merge these multiple 2013 threads together?
Old 03-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for posting OP. Although it makes me want to pull my hair out that red and white only get the parchment interior. I hate the way Honda/Acura does that.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Originally Posted by DibbyD
Thanks for posting OP. Although it makes me want to pull my hair out that red and white only get the parchment interior. I hate the way Honda/Acura does that.
You missed Amber Brownstone Metallic.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the post! I don't understand why Acura has been so slow to release details, but we have it now. I'm looking forward to seeing how th new RDX looks and drives.

I've been considering the Q5 and X3, but have been holding out for the release of the RDX before making up my mind.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbon2008RDX
You missed Amber Brownstone Metallic.
I meant that I would prefer a grey or black interior, but I can only get parchment if I go with the red or white exterior, which are my two favorites so far.

I was able to get a gray interior on my red 2004 Accord, but the red 2006 Odyssey only came with tan interior, so we went with silver to get the gray interior.

It's just frustrating how Honda/Acura limits their color combinations.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
I really appreciate this info - it has been hard to find. I have the opposite problem of Diddy - my wife needs a new car and it has to be either red or blue with a tan interior. Passed on the TSX wagon (taupe is not tan according to my wife) and CR-V (gray only with red). I have an appointment with the dealer where I bought my Accord to drive the RDX when they get their first ones. Love what I have seen so far.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Intermediate

Out of curiosity, is this spec listing from the brochure? If so, was there anything else of interest in it?
Old 03-25-2012, 04:24 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halogens on the base are putting me off in a big way. My 2009 Mazda 3 has HIDs and that cost me over $10k less. booo.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Originally Posted by SDCB
Out of curiosity, is this spec listing from the brochure? If so, was there anything else of interest in it?
My friend that works for Acura scanned and emailed it to me. Not sure if it's from a brochure or a salesman's spec manual. That reminds me, I gotta' beat him up for a full brochure next time I see him.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Originally Posted by inanimate
Halogens on the base are putting me off in a big way. My 2009 Mazda 3 has HIDs and that cost me over $10k less. booo.
Yeah, I'm pretty bummed as well no HIDs on base. No fog lights either! What gives? One is forced to buy the tech if you want HIDs and fogs.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for the post! I don't understand why Acura has been so slow to release details, but we have it now. I'm looking forward to seeing how th new RDX looks and drives.

I've been considering the Q5 and X3, but have been holding out for the release of the RDX before making up my mind.
OP, thanks for the info.

I too decided to take a look at the RDX before pulling the trigger on the 2013 X3. I've been waiting for the their 4 cylinder turbo but now that the RDX is on the way I think I have to give it look. The value and reliability could sway me.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems that the embargo on RDX info and reviews ends this Thursday so we should know everything soon. I wonder if that will be the same day Acura updates their website.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:16 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Marco
Mods, could we merge these multiple 2013 threads together?
Better yet, how about starting a "2nd Gen RDX" section.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:03 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Post Press Releases (too long to copy)

http://www.honda.com/newsandviews/press-releases.aspx
Rocketsfan (03-27-2012)
Old 03-27-2012, 09:32 AM
XIS
Lizard King

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by inanimate

I agree - but you can always do a xenon/HID upgrade using the stock projectors for less than $100. Not OEM, but better than a jab in the eye with a sharp stick.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:11 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TSX69

Wow, that tells you just about everything that you could want to know about the car! Thanks for the post.

Now all that remains is seeing it in person and reading a couple of reviews, to see if it lives up to the internal press. I hope it does.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TSX69
+1 Thanks for the link!

So I throw this out to everyone as this would be my first Acura if I went with the RDX. What are your expectations for actual purchase price? Does Acura negotiate down to invoice price or what amount + / - invoice price would be a fair price? Since this is a new redesign, I'm thinking invoice price would be wishful thinking. btw, I'm looking at the AWD Tech.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NAMA
+1 Thanks for the link!

So I throw this out to everyone as this would be my first Acura if I went with the RDX. What are your expectations for actual purchase price? Does Acura negotiate down to invoice price or what amount + / - invoice price would be a fair price? Since this is a new redesign, I'm thinking invoice price would be wishful thinking. btw, I'm looking at the AWD Tech.
I bought a 07 TL and 09 MDX and both times I paid about $500 over invoice. I just went onto other sites to see what people were actually playing and went in and said if you can give me this we are done. I hate dealing with them and wasn't worth my time to haggle for days.

But honestly it really depends on what area you live in and things like dealer incentives, etc. Plus things have changed a lot in three years in my case. I am from the SF Bay Area.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:45 AM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
It is strange that the cargo volume with all sits up is showing 26 cu.ft., this is smaller than in previous RDX (27.8 cu.ft.) and much smaller than in CRV (37.2 cu.ft).
Old 03-28-2012, 07:53 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Onac
I bought a 07 TL and 09 MDX and both times I paid about $500 over invoice. I just went onto other sites to see what people were actually playing and went in and said if you can give me this we are done. I hate dealing with them and wasn't worth my time to haggle for days.

But honestly it really depends on what area you live in and things like dealer incentives, etc. Plus things have changed a lot in three years in my case. I am from the SF Bay Area.
Thanks for your insight. That's kinda what I was thinking. I'm in New England and it's pretty competitive around here so hopefully that's what I can get around here. From what I can find about invoice price on a 2012 model it looks like they have a ~7% markup from MSRP. I haven't found 2013 invoice prices yet.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:46 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NAMA
Thanks for your insight. That's kinda what I was thinking. I'm in New England and it's pretty competitive around here so hopefully that's what I can get around here. From what I can find about invoice price on a 2012 model it looks like they have a ~7% markup from MSRP. I haven't found 2013 invoice prices yet.
I "might" be buying a 2013 RDX on Monday if I end up liking the test drive so I can report back. I am trading in a Lexus IS 350 a little early on it's lease since I have a little one on the way. My lease payment is due Tuesday so if I don't get a deal I like I will be waiting another month. By then the 2013 Lexus RX will be out and will have to look at that.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:48 AM
Intermediate

I "might" be buying a 2013 RDX on Monday if I end up liking the test drive so I can report back. I am trading in a Lexus IS 350 a little early on it's lease since I have a little one on the way. My lease payment is due Tuesday so if I don't get a deal I like I will be waiting another month. By then the 2013 Lexus RX will be out and will have to look at that.
My dealer here in San Diego, doesn't even know what he is getting in yet, or when they are coming. I'm looking forward to actually seeing/driving one, so that I can make my mind up.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Intermediate

My dealer here in San Diego, doesn't even know what he is getting in yet, or when they are coming. I'm looking forward to actually seeing/driving one, so that I can make my mind up.
Checking with my dealer again later today. Was told they should have a few this weekend that I could drive but that they couldn't sell any until the 2nd. Of course they could be wrong and not even get any in.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Intermediate

Keep us posted. I'd also be interested how the interior compares to the Lexus. I drive an old RX and this RDX sounds about the same size as my 1st generation RX.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
WOW! That Amber Brownstone Metallic is STUNNING!

Old 03-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Drifting

OOPS! I mean Basque Red Pearl.....!!! It goes so beautifully with the 2013 RDX!

I do want to see what that Amber Brownstone is all about though... :-)
Old 03-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Intermediate

Checking with my dealer again later today. Was told they should have a few this weekend that I could drive but that they couldn't sell any until the 2nd. Of course they could be wrong and not even get any in.
Interesting. My Kansas City dealer had their first retail unit in stock today. We drove it and we bought one (ordered for late April delivery). This is the wife's car, moving over from '05 CR-V. Obviously being early buy in new model with anticipated strong demand, you're not likely to get as good of a pricing deal as you might after the sales trending settles down.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Doug W.
Interesting. My Kansas City dealer had their first retail unit in stock today. We drove it and we bought one (ordered for late April delivery). This is the wife's car, moving over from '05 CR-V. Obviously being early buy in new model with anticipated strong demand, you're not likely to get as good of a pricing deal as you might after the sales trending settles down.
WAIT!? You're not going to tell us that you drove a unit without telling us how it drove, right!? :-)
Old 03-31-2012, 04:18 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I bought a 2013 (tech, AWD) in forged silver with parchment interior (works better with my yellow lab). I can't take delivery until Monday. Because of supply and demand, I was pretty much at MSRP. If you wait a few months, you will probably be able to get a discount.

I drove the 2013 RDX, the 2012 RDX, RX 350, X3, Q5... The 2013 RDX is way sportier than the RX 350 and more comfortable than the others. Good power for the RDX (I think the Q5 had more torque in town - though the fact that it is a turbo in the Denver altitude is probably why). I hated the acceleration lag in the X3. The RDX doesn't have the wood trim inside, but otherwise felt very posh (full disclosure - I am trading in a 4Runner to get something more civilized, so most things feel posh in comparison)

I think it is all about what you are looking for - Q5 felt very sporty and tossable but I felt every bump and tar strip in the road, RX 350 felt like my grandfather's old Cadillac. The X3 was very nice once it got up to speed, great handling. The 2012 RDX seemed loud and harsh. The 2013 felt like the best combination for me - I don't drive hard, but want something that will go when I put the spurs to it - getting into the car felt like putting on my favorite leather jacket. I'd suggest checking it out!
Old 03-31-2012, 04:30 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by bh9712
I bought a 2013 (tech, AWD) in forged silver with parchment interior (works better with my yellow lab). I can't take delivery until Monday. Because of supply and demand, I was pretty much at MSRP. If you wait a few months, you will probably be able to get a discount.

I drove the 2013 RDX, the 2012 RDX, RX 350, X3, Q5... The 2013 RDX is way sportier than the RX 350 and more comfortable than the others. Good power for the RDX (I think the Q5 had more torque in town - though the fact that it is a turbo in the Denver altitude is probably why). I hated the acceleration lag in the X3. The RDX doesn't have the wood trim inside, but otherwise felt very posh (full disclosure - I am trading in a 4Runner to get something more civilized, so most things feel posh in comparison)

I think it is all about what you are looking for - Q5 felt very sporty and tossable but I felt every bump and tar strip in the road, RX 350 felt like my grandfather's old Cadillac. The X3 was very nice once it got up to speed, great handling. The 2012 RDX seemed loud and harsh. The 2013 felt like the best combination for me - I don't drive hard, but want something that will go when I put the spurs to it - getting into the car felt like putting on my favorite leather jacket. I'd suggest checking it out!
Where did you purchase it and do they have any others in stock? I've got one on order at Courtesy but an arrival date isn't known.

I debated between the parchment and black, decided on the black interior but I've never had one before.

How does the forged silver look? Is more silver, gray or blue?

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:36 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by hawkeye252
Where did you purchase it and do they have any others in stock? I've got one on order at Courtesy but an arrival date isn't known.

I debated between the parchment and black, decided on the black interior but I've never had one before.

How does the forged silver look? Is more silver, gray or blue?

Thanks.
I bought from Mile High. As of yesterday, they had two more in stock, but need to keep one as a test driver... The forged metallic is a blueish silver... there is also another silver that is more, well, silver... and a charcoal is available. The ones in stock are black on black and the silver with black. I think they are expecting several more in the next few weeks.
hawkeye252 (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Instructor

I bought from Mile High. As of yesterday, they had two more in stock, but need to keep one as a test driver... The forged metallic is a blueish silver... there is also another silver that is more, well, silver... and a charcoal is available. The ones in stock are black on black and the silver with black. I think they are expecting several more in the next few weeks.
The silver one is actually listed on their website - http://milehighacura.com/Denver-Colo...r-SUV/8002972/
Old 04-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ostrich
WAIT!? You're not going to tell us that you drove a unit without telling us how it drove, right!? :-)
I have a coupla comments in the 2nd Gen Reviews section. In short, initial impression is positive for the target demo that it is going after. It is not sporty, but has good acceleration and passing ability for this class and size of CUV/SUV. Drove on winding road, suburban streets and highway - it was competent, felt confident and stable. It's not a mushy ride like some luxury cars, but it's not super taut either: Quiet, comfortable and pleasurable to drive. No idea of what it will be like on a test track pushed to its limits. I personally am not a fan of electric steering - regardless how well it tracks and contribution to mileage, it feels artificially light and no real sense of weighting that hydraulic steering provides. Unfortunately this is becoming more prevalent with new cars - just hope they get better at tuning it to have more feel. Wife liked the steering as well as overall driveability and handling. I liked the 18" sized wheels, and looked up reviews of the Michelins. They had very good test and user reviews at Tire & Track - that was refreshing for oem tires that often kind of stink.

Hope this gives you some sense.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:47 PM
4th Gear

I agree with you about the tires. Tirerack survey ratings on OEM tires are usually very low, suggesting that manufacturers mostly care about using the lowest cost tire they can get. Hats off to Acura on their choice of tires.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for your review. Please do tell us more once you take delivery. I am waiting to compare the 2013 RDX against the Audi Q5.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:44 AM
MNP
Intermediate

Tech Package

I'm likely to sell my 2004 TL for the new RDX. I'm too old to be sticking my Garmin up on the windshield so I figure I'll go for the built in GPS. I'm guessing that you can't get the Nav thing without the whole Tech Package...?? Seems awfully pricey!

Michael
Old 04-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Instructor

I've put about 50 miles on the 2013 RDX. Love it - I got to experience crowded and uncrowded freeways, some back roads and my normal commuting route. It is quite comfy. It lacks the head snap of the Q5, but it still has the ability to get going. Sport mode is fun and makes the paddle shifters more responsive. I love how it smooths out the cracks and bumps in the road.

I got about 26 MPG in mixed driving.

Just to clear up a couple of misconceptions - reviews say there are no rear HVAC vents - they are under the front seats and not adjustable, but they are there. Also, one review said the nav system wasn't usable when driving - wrong again. Both the voice and dash controls work.

It was easy to synch my iPhone to my car. Um, the HDD holds about 3600 songs - when you load a CD it automatically rips it to the HDD.

If you have any other questions, just ask!
ostrich (04-02-2012)
Old 04-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Drifting

I've put about 50 miles on the 2013 RDX. Love it - I got to experience crowded and uncrowded freeways, some back roads and my normal commuting route. It is quite comfy. It lacks the head snap of the Q5, but it still has the ability to get going. Sport mode is fun and makes the paddle shifters more responsive. I love how it smooths out the cracks and bumps in the road.

I got about 26 MPG in mixed driving.

Just to clear up a couple of misconceptions - reviews say there are no rear HVAC vents - they are under the front seats and not adjustable, but they are there. Also, one review said the nav system wasn't usable when driving - wrong again. Both the voice and dash controls work.

It was easy to synch my iPhone to my car. Um, the HDD holds about 3600 songs - when you load a CD it automatically rips it to the HDD.

If you have any other questions, just ask!
Thank you so much for the clarification - the navi concern was just a little scary! I am so glad that it's not going the Lexus route (i.e. will not allow the users to input the address when the vehicle is in motion). I am so glad that it is still the same as the previous Acuras navi and will allow the users to enter address while the vehicle is moving!

The rear vent issue - it really got lots of people upset, apparently! I am glad that you got that clarified too :-)

Oh, and you had some amazing mileage too, even with a brand new car! This is great news!!! Thank you!

P.S. I saw that you got the Forged Silver colour - congratulations! What a beautiful colour on the RDX! I would love to see pics of you new ride when you have a moment....

Last edited by ostrich; 04-02-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:26 AM
XIS
Lizard King

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I thought that when the vents are under the seat, they are just for the heater... not for the A/C. ?

Quick Reply: Official: 2013 RDX Specs!