New 2016 Acura RDX Elite owner with questions

Old 11-05-2015, 01:36 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 2016 Acura RDX Elite owner with questions

Hey all,

I'm the owner of a new Acura 2016 RDX Elite (Canadian Model). After driving it for the past 4 days, I have a few questions:

1) aha - If I switch over to the aha media source, it shows me a loading dialog. I know it's trying to connect to Acura Streams on my phone but I don't want to use it. Sometimes when swapping through media sources, I accidentally select aha and I can't switch to any media source until that loading dialog disappears and errors out. The timeout takes forever and I don't understand why it won't let me switch to FM or AM radio until that dialog disappears. Is this a known issue? Any way to disable aha?

2) When I enable parking sensor, I am getting an error "System problem" or something similar to that. I looked at the parking sensors at the front and rear of the car but I don't see any issues. Before I take the car in for repairs, is there something I should know that will allow me to enable it? Or is it safe to say this is a defect.

3) How do I delete specific songs off the Hard drive? I am copying music from CD to HD but some songs I don't care for. Is there an option somewhere? I think I tried the menu button when playing HD music but the Edit/Delete option is always disabled. How do I enable it?

4) Can you get covert art for HD music? Or does it only work via USB?

5) I am having a hell of time with the voice commands on the NAV. It says I can say "Go Home" and edited my home address but sometimes it shows me a list of contacts and tells me to choose one. I think I had Go Home work once. I'm guessing this is due to crappy voice recognition software in cars but wanted to check if others have the issue.

Thanks,
Croyd
Old 11-05-2015, 02:03 PM
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts
1) I've never used aha
2) Only parking sensor problem I've had is when it tells me I'm too close to an object and there's nothing in front of me. I have to turn the car off and restart it to get that message to go away. It does, however, on start up always give me a 15-20 second reminder that as the driver I am responsible for the safe operation of the vehicle. Acura dealership told me this was the law to have this message displayed each time the car is started. (Apparently a law specifically written for Acura.)
3) First and foremost - you cannot be moving and do this. It won't give you that option. To delete an individual song, click on it twice. A screen will pop up on the right to ask you what you want to do. Scroll down to and push "delete". It will ask you to confirm - dial (the round knob) to yes and push it in. You can also select which songs you want to record (do it manually), but that doesn't seem to work for me so I just record the whole thing and go back and delete.
4) No idea. I don't care about the art.
5) Have never used the nav. It doesn't recognize the voice commands for me when I select "music search". It always gives me something I didn't ask for - i.e. ask for rolling stones in music search and get nearest grocery store in nav. Have never gotten what I asked for.... not even close.

Good luck with your new car.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:39 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can only answer question #2 (Parking Sensors).

I have owned my 2016 RDX Elite for about 2 months now. After the first month, I started receiving the same error message (Parking Sensor System Problem).

Took my car to the dealer and and they diagnosed it as a malfunctioning parking sensor. They replaced the sensor. Same problem. They performed further diagnosis and tried everything. Finally, they had to replace the entire module that controlled the physical sensors. Problem solved. I have not had any further issues.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:55 PM
7th Gear

Yeah I don't use aha either but sometimes I accidentally select it and run into that problem. I'm basically stuck without music until the loading dialog times out.

I also get that reminder about being a safe driver and I was hoping there would be a way to disable that. I guess not.

I'm surprised you can't delete songs while moving. So I can't have my passenger help me delete songs. You can do so many things when driving but not delete....weird.

Thanks for your info.
Croyd

Originally Posted by snorf
1) I've never used aha
2) Only parking sensor problem I've had is when it tells me I'm too close to an object and there's nothing in front of me. I have to turn the car off and restart it to get that message to go away. It does, however, on start up always give me a 15-20 second reminder that as the driver I am responsible for the safe operation of the vehicle. Acura dealership told me this was the law to have this message displayed each time the car is started. (Apparently a law specifically written for Acura.)
3) First and foremost - you cannot be moving and do this. It won't give you that option. To delete an individual song, click on it twice. A screen will pop up on the right to ask you what you want to do. Scroll down to and push "delete". It will ask you to confirm - dial (the round knob) to yes and push it in. You can also select which songs you want to record (do it manually), but that doesn't seem to work for me so I just record the whole thing and go back and delete.
4) No idea. I don't care about the art.
5) Have never used the nav. It doesn't recognize the voice commands for me when I select "music search". It always gives me something I didn't ask for - i.e. ask for rolling stones in music search and get nearest grocery store in nav. Have never gotten what I asked for.... not even close.

Good luck with your new car.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:56 PM
7th Gear

Thanks for the info. Sounds like these parking sensors are very flakey. I guess I'll have to take it in to the dealer. Sad since it's not even a week with this new car.

Thanks,
Croyd

Originally Posted by kmawani
I can only answer question #2 (Parking Sensors).

I have owned my 2016 RDX Elite for about 2 months now. After the first month, I started receiving the same error message (Parking Sensor System Problem).

Took my car to the dealer and and they diagnosed it as a malfunctioning parking sensor. They replaced the sensor. Same problem. They performed further diagnosis and tried everything. Finally, they had to replace the entire module that controlled the physical sensors. Problem solved. I have not had any further issues.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:58 PM
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by croyd
Yeah I don't use aha either but sometimes I accidentally select it and run into that problem. I'm basically stuck without music until the loading dialog times out.

I also get that reminder about being a safe driver and I was hoping there would be a way to disable that. I guess not.

I'm surprised you can't delete songs while moving. So I can't have my passenger help me delete songs. You can do so many things when driving but not delete....weird.

Thanks for your info.
Croyd
As to your music - unlike many cars that allow you to transfer to your HDD via mp3, ipod or USB, you must use factory CDs to install music on the HDD. (Perhaps if you can make a duplicate of the factory CD you could record it, too.) If you make a CD from iTunes it will go to the hard drive, but you will have to go back and label each song and artist manually.

I don't use the nav, but friends of mine tell me that nav (in most cars) has a lot of limits to it while driving, too.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:02 PM
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 165 Posts
1) aha - If I switch over to the aha media source, it shows me a loading dialog. I know it's trying to connect to Acura Streams on my phone but I don't want to use it..... Any way to disable aha?
I don't think you can disable it, but this is what I did.

There are 10 audio sources available on the menu. Eight are visible on the first screen, and the remaining two are on the second screen. I changed the order of the "sources" so that Aha ended up on the second screen. Everything I use is on screen #1 and I never have a reason to switch to screen #2. Therefore I cannot accidentally choose Aha.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:30 PM
7th Gear

Yeah I thought about that but I think it will still show up if you use the steering wheel to change sources...I believe it will still cycle through it. That's where I usually accidentally enter "aha".

Originally Posted by RDX-Rick
I don't think you can disable it, but this is what I did.

There are 10 audio sources available on the menu. Eight are visible on the first screen, and the remaining two are on the second screen. I changed the order of the "sources" so that Aha ended up on the second screen. Everything I use is on screen #1 and I never have a reason to switch to screen #2. Therefore I cannot accidentally choose Aha.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:31 PM
7th Gear

I also learnt that even if you are not driving, you cannot delete songs if there's a CD being ripped at the same time. You have to wait for it to finish before the delete option enables.

Thanks for your info.
Croyd
Old 11-06-2015, 11:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts
Explain AHA to me. I've never used it.

Voice recognition:

Try this: say "Go Home" emphasizing the G in GO and the M in HOME. If that doesn't work, first say "display menu" then press the talk button again and say "go home"

Hey all,

I'm the owner of a new Acura 2016 RDX Elite (Canadian Model). After driving it for the past 4 days, I have a few questions:

1) aha - If I switch over to the aha media source, it shows me a loading dialog. I know it's trying to connect to Acura Streams on my phone but I don't want to use it. Sometimes when swapping through media sources, I accidentally select aha and I can't switch to any media source until that loading dialog disappears and errors out. The timeout takes forever and I don't understand why it won't let me switch to FM or AM radio until that dialog disappears. Is this a known issue? Any way to disable aha?

2) When I enable parking sensor, I am getting an error "System problem" or something similar to that. I looked at the parking sensors at the front and rear of the car but I don't see any issues. Before I take the car in for repairs, is there something I should know that will allow me to enable it? Or is it safe to say this is a defect.

3) How do I delete specific songs off the Hard drive? I am copying music from CD to HD but some songs I don't care for. Is there an option somewhere? I think I tried the menu button when playing HD music but the Edit/Delete option is always disabled. How do I enable it?

4) Can you get covert art for HD music? Or does it only work via USB?

5) I am having a hell of time with the voice commands on the NAV. It says I can say "Go Home" and edited my home address but sometimes it shows me a list of contacts and tells me to choose one. I think I had Go Home work once. I'm guessing this is due to crappy voice recognition software in cars but wanted to check if others have the issue.

Thanks,
Croyd