Memory for Radio Presets, Seat position, + Messed up.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 07:13 PM
Hud
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Memory for Radio Presets, Seat position, + Messed up.

My 2016 RDX with the tech package seems to get confused, it's like there are ghosts residing in it's memory the pop up every now and then. Seat preset will just quite working for no apparent reason, I can push the #1 button on the door and it will work fine, but on it's own it does nothing. This will go on for a few days to a week or more, then one day it's back to normal.

The FM and AM radio presets are ever more bizarre. It will work fine for months, then decide to display stations as either '???????????' or '%&$%#%$^*^%' or what look like 'normal FM stations' but no such station numbers exist in my city.
This will also last for a single startup, or a couple days, or a week or more. Eventually (as least so far) it seems to regain it's senses and fixes itself. Give it a month or so and the entire process repeats.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or suggestions of what it could be.
Would appreciate any advice that will make this problem go away.
Thanks in advance.

The car has 33K and other than this screwy problem the car has been great.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:31 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
Sounds like an Acura to me...

My 2008 TL would randomly drop xm signal, slow to change stations and would display the ????????????. from tine to time... Channel surfing was usually the cause... In my case, a quick off/on of the radio, and I was good to go!!!

Also, my momory seats would quit working occasionally, they were just dead... A few days later, they were fine... So on...

IDK what causes this, but I've alway wondered!!!
Old 11-10-2018, 09:32 PM
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Hud
My 2016 RDX with the tech package seems to get confused, it's like there are ghosts residing in it's memory the pop up every now and then. Seat preset will just quite working for no apparent reason, I can push the #1 button on the door and it will work fine, but on it's own it does nothing. This will go on for a few days to a week or more, then one day it's back to normal.

The FM and AM radio presets are ever more bizarre. It will work fine for months, then decide to display stations as either '???????????' or '%&$%#%$^*^%' or what look like 'normal FM stations' but no such station numbers exist in my city.
This will also last for a single startup, or a couple days, or a week or more. Eventually (as least so far) it seems to regain it's senses and fixes itself. Give it a month or so and the entire process repeats.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or suggestions of what it could be.
Would appreciate any advice that will make this problem go away.
Thanks in advance.

The car has 33K and other than this screwy problem the car has been great.
Electrical gremlins. Take it into the dealer service when the problem is there.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:48 AM
Instructor

Received 184 Likes on 99 Posts
If the vehicle is still under warranty I would bring it to dealer as Colt427 suggested.

The grounds for the entertainment and the seat memory are different, so most likely you don't have a ground issue. What is common is the MICU (Multiplex Integrated Control Unit), there could be a communication issue with the F-can or K-can bus. When it happens you can go into diagnostics menu on the entertainment system with the engine running. I believe you hit the menu, setting and back buttons at the same time. It will check all connected modules and its communication. If you have a professional scanner or HDS, you can check for any U communication codes and run checks on the MICU module.. There can be any module that can be sending out erroneous data that is affecting other modules, the only way to find it is to disconnect each module individually and see if the problem goes away. If you have a lab scope then you can scope the can bus lines and see when the data returns to normal.

Last edited by dave08902; 11-13-2018 at 06:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Hud (11-13-2018)