Notices

How many hours an engine has run

 
Old 12-14-2018, 08:27 PM
  #1  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Age: 62
Posts: 33
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many hours an engine has run

Is there a feature on a 2016 RDX that shows you how many hours the engine has run?

Thanks,

Anovice
Anovice is offline  
Old 12-24-2018, 02:18 PM
  #2  
Registered Member
 
Tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Right Here
Posts: 378
Recieved 65 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Anovice View Post
Is there a feature on a 2016 RDX that shows you how many hours the engine has run?

Thanks,
Anovice
There might be, but that info would be buried within the ECU and you would need diagnostic software to read it. On my other car that I bought used, the engine had 6.77 hours on it which coincided to the 157 kilometers (98 miles) on the odometer.
Tech is offline  
The following users liked this post:
DaBlues5 (12-24-2018)
Old 12-24-2018, 06:56 PM
  #3  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,743
Recieved 252 Likes on 226 Posts
Originally Posted by Tech View Post
There might be, but that info would be buried within the ECU and you would need diagnostic software to read it. On my other car that I bought used, the engine had 6.77 hours on it which coincided to the 157 kilometers (98 miles) on the odometer.

I know GM has it built into the odometer, cool feature!
Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 12-25-2018, 02:13 AM
  #4  
Registered Member
 
Tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Right Here
Posts: 378
Recieved 65 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
I know GM has it built into the odometer, cool feature!
Its a good way to confirm the mileage of the vehicle provided it can't be messed with. Generally, you'd expect to see an average speed of 30 mph or 50 kph.
Tech is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
D'sNBP
3G TL Problems & Fixes
4
03-09-2010 01:37 AM
adrian_04tl
Health & Fitness
28
12-18-2008 06:20 PM
PillsburyChoboy
Ramblings
31
10-27-2005 12:17 PM
Cocoa
First Generation CL Discussion (1997-1999)
10
09-09-2004 08:31 PM
Waddy
Ramblings
29
04-08-2004 05:53 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How many hours an engine has run


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.