How to I convert halogen headlights to HID/Xenon?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 05:28 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to I convert halogen headlights to HID/Xenon?

I bought a 2014 RDX last summer after owning a 2004 TSX with Xenon headlights for 13 years! I really miss the brightness and increased visibility the xenon headlights provided at night. What are the best HID kits to use and is this a DIY kind of project? Husband is very handy.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:59 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by Cajunrunner0711
I bought a 2014 RDX last summer after owning a 2004 TSX with Xenon headlights for 13 years! I really miss the brightness and increased visibility the xenon headlights provided at night. What are the best HID kits to use and is this a DIY kind of project? Husband is very handy.
i understand that going from an HID to halogen lights is particularly bad, that’s why I don’t buy any cars that don’t have it as standard anymore. You understand that the headlight assembles are different between the two models. You have to decide if want to go the best route, cheap route or acceptable route. In any case you should leave the high beam as it is and only mess with the low beams.
The cheap routes are sticking an LED bulb into the low beam projector and hope for the best light output. It sometime works. You can also try buying an HID kit with bulbs from retrofit source into your projector for more consistent results.
Now for the best results the options are
retrofitting your headlights with HID projectors and it’s bulb / kit ( the output can be really sweet and better than OEM, but you have to open the sealed headlights).
or replacing the entire headlights to an HID compatible headlight (tech model) (OEM)
or trading your car for a model with HID.
Now depending on how handy your husband is or how much budget you are allocating to this project, you can decide the options.

Last edited by Comfy; 02-20-2018 at 11:04 PM.