Headliners

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Exclamation Headliners

I have read somewhere here about issues with wrinkles in the headliners. Especially with the early build models. Yesterday I asked the owner of the Acura dealership that I made my new RDX purchase from about this. He knew about it, but, said he knows of only one so far at his dealership. And, when they got the new headliner from Acura, the technician had a hard time with it also. So, Acura has an issue, obviously, with this.

Does anyone know if some of the later build models are free of this problem, or anything coming from Acura on if they found a fix?? I know that even many or most of the early ones don't have this problem, but, it seems that quite a few have had it.

Thanks much! My wait time is now approx. 7 to 10 days for mine to arrive. I should know more tomorrow as we track my car's build status.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it...Acura is aware of the problem and they will rectify with no issues. Furthermore, being aware of it is a good thing because, if your RDX arrives with that problem, you can decline its purchase too
Old 06-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
As far as I know, mine is the only one that had the headliner problem (are you buying from Mile High in Denver?).

I wouldn't worry about it - but give it a once over when you pick it up. I was surprised that neither the factory nor the dealer spotted it, but you had to be in the back seat to see it.

The only concern I have now is that I saw how thin the backing board is, so now I'm afraid that something will bump the headliner and crack the board, wrinkling the headliner. Fortunately, there is enough headroom that I don't think it will be an issue.

Enjoy your new car!
Old 06-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Weather....First I wouldn't reject the purchase since it's too tough right not finding the one you want. I'm not worried about it at all. I will check it out and if I find any issues I will have them do a warranty replacement. Hopefully that won't have to happen. There was one headliner I looked at at another dealership and it was wrinkled by the overhead center area. So, that's 2 I know of. Did you talk to someone at Acura to know that they know about this?
Sometimes I have found...yeah they may know, and they are not alerting anyone and silently going about finding a fix, that sometimes takes awhile. Not projecting...just know what I've seen in other cases.
Thanks guys.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Weather....First I wouldn't reject the purchase since it's too tough right not finding the one you want. I'm not worried about it at all. I will check it out and if I find any issues I will have them do a warranty replacement. Hopefully that won't have to happen. There was one headliner I looked at at another dealership and it was wrinkled by the overhead center area. So, that's 2 I know of. Did you talk to someone at Acura to know that they know about this?
Sometimes I have found...yeah they may know, and they are not alerting anyone and silently going about finding a fix, that sometimes takes awhile. Not projecting...just know what I've seen in other cases.
Thanks guys.
Hey...I agree that rejecting your RDX if it arrives like that may delay your chances of sitting in one I have checked mine and I have seen no problem with it whatsoever so I am all good on my end.

I agree with you, the dealership is not going to go out of their way to advertize any problems with the vehicles...they put the responsibility on the consumer to bring to their attention. That being said, a good dealership will then make sure all steps are taken to rectify the problem and keep the customer happy