Hands free hatch...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 02:28 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hands free hatch...

Hello,
How come Honda can do it...the CRV gets all the cool stuff!

.....I’d love to have the CRV hands free hatch open feature not to mention the adjustable hatch opening height.
And does anyone think the RDX hatch be modified to hands free with some Honda part bits?

Last edited by Himecraig; 03-19-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:14 AM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
There is a good reason for this. The 2017 CR-V is the next gen of Honda's CUV. The RDX is going to that platform this summer and will have all the same features plus more. Same reason the '17 has CarPlay and AA and the current RDX doesn't. The RDX is a car with the same tech it had in 2013.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:05 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by chickdr
There is a good reason for this. The 2017 CR-V is the next gen of Honda's CUV. The RDX is going to that platform this summer and will have all the same features plus more. Same reason the '17 has CarPlay and AA and the current RDX doesn't. The RDX is a car with the same tech it had in 2013.
I see that now...I’m new to Acura. Thanks.
I misinterpreted the logo to be a measuring tool representing precision and technology when the brand was first introduced compared to the Lexus marketing. Upon reading, the Acura logo represents luxury and performance which is true when comparing the RDX v CRV.
i just assumed the Acura tech and safety suite packages would carry over and be comparable and more intuitive if not exceed the innovations at Honda.

Credit due if the gen3 gets the RDX back on track...but it’s in a very crowded segment and in hindsight I’d definitely lease an Acura.
I’d feel right if the Acura automobile lineup could include a few more hyper performance machines and shed themselves of their rather bland sedans...perhaps become a division along the likes of the BMW M or MB AMG garages.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:34 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
I’d feel right if the Acura automobile lineup could include a few more hyper performance machines and shed themselves of their rather bland sedans...perhaps become a division along the likes of the BMW M or MB AMG garages.
Don't we all!????

Acura is/was content with being a people mover, just like Honda.
it's been a boring 10 years....we're waiting for some life to be breathed back into Acura..Please come back to your roots.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:16 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Himecraig

I see that now...I’m new to Acura. Thanks.
I misinterpreted the logo to be a measuring tool representing precision and technology when the brand was first introduced compared to the Lexus marketing. Upon reading, the Acura logo represents luxury and performance which is true when comparing the RDX v CRV.
i just assumed the Acura tech and safety suite packages would carry over and be comparable and more intuitive if not exceed the innovations at Honda.

Credit due if the gen3 gets the RDX back on track...but it’s in a very crowded segment and in hindsight I’d definitely lease an Acura.
In my experience, Acura is slow to respond to tech. Honda moves faster and seems to be the test bed. They have had Carplay and AA for a while now. The 2.0T motor and 10-sp auto which will be used in the new RDX have been out for a year in the Accord. Acura is better as far as luxury and refinement, but isn't breaking any ground other than cars like the NSX. Once they release a car, it pretty much stays the course until the next gen version comes out. The S2000 was out for 10yrs and barely changed at all other than minor cosmetics and a slightly increased motor size over time.

Last edited by chickdr; 03-21-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:55 PM
Instructor

The S2000 was out for 10yrs and barely changed at all other than minor cosmetics and a slightly increased motor size over time.[/QUOTE]

Flashbacks!...the S2K was the thinking mans midlife crisis car in my day along with the boxster and the easy to like Miata.
Honda satisfies their recent void with the type-R

A revived Integra-R along with marketing better the NSX would be a good start!
Old 03-22-2018, 06:05 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
It is strange that that Honda/Acura does not introduce the new technology in an Acura first. I am sure however its cause they sell a lot more Honda's.