Graphite AWD tech with roof rail, running board and body side molding.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:19 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Graphite AWD tech with roof rail, running board and body side molding.

My wife's, filling up for the first time...

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/...uyvu98/RDX.jpg
Old 05-31-2012, 12:38 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Great looking RDX! Congrats! I wanted that color originally, but, Hmmmmm.....my wife was tired of darker colors and wanted something lighter.
Something I found out a couple weeks ago....the side boards on the RDX are exactly the same ones that are an available accessory on the new '12 Honda CRV! And I didn't like them on the CRV and unfortunately I don't like their look on the RDX. Wish they offered choices like the MDX does. Maybe later.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:56 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Great looking RDX! Congrats! I wanted that color originally, but, Hmmmmm.....my wife was tired of darker colors and wanted something lighter.
Something I found out a couple weeks ago....the side boards on the RDX are exactly the same ones that are an available accessory on the new '12 Honda CRV! And I didn't like them on the CRV and unfortunately I don't like their look on the RDX. Wish they offered choices like the MDX does. Maybe later.
Yes unfortunately this board is the only choice on the RDX. It's only useful to get in and out of the back seat. The front is recessed under the door frame.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:00 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I actually grabbed an RDX specifically because of the running boards. Perhaps not for the look, but it was the only way we could get my mother in law into any kind of SUV/CUV. She seems to find it even easier than getting into my wife's Accord.

Funny thing - the F&I person at the dealership I bought from actually told us that people consider the roof rails just for looks, even if they don't ever use them. I laughed at her but looking at your photo, it does really complement the Graphite color well!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:41 PM
El Chulo...

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackDogRDX
Funny thing - the F&I person at the dealership I bought from actually told us that people consider the roof rails just for looks, even if they don't ever use them. I laughed at her but looking at your photo, it does really complement the Graphite color well!
I don't know why that seems so funny to you Blackdog, many people buy things based solely on aesthetics vs. actual function; ie. Hummers..?
Old 05-31-2012, 07:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by VeNeNo
... based solely on aesthetics vs. actual function;
Even when it comes to relationships *lol*
Old 06-01-2012, 08:33 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by BlackDogRDX
I actually grabbed an RDX specifically because of the running boards. Perhaps not for the look, but it was the only way we could get my mother in law into any kind of SUV/CUV. She seems to find it even easier than getting into my wife's Accord.

We actually bought the roof rails just for look (for now). We might use them later on who knows. I think the RDX looks like a tall wagon without them (more like a Venza).

We also bought the running boards just for look as well but after having the car for a month I think they may be useful for our kid in the future.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by wifeRDX
We actually bought the roof rails just for look (for now). We might use them later on who knows. I think the RDX looks like a tall wagon without them (more like a Venza).

We also bought the running boards just for look as well but after having the car for a month I think they may be useful for our kid in the future.
I think they are included in the Tech package. The roof rack that is.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by BLEXV6
I think they are included in the Tech package. The roof rack that is.
No they aren't....
Old 06-02-2012, 12:13 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Just a note on roof rails. They present a problem with wind noise! I've heard that complaint from many who have them on the CRV's. And I've heard the same complaint with the RDX's. I'm sure it's probably the case with most all SUV's with the racks. Sometimes people think the wind noise is being created by the mirrors, body/windshield/door design...but, later, after driving one without the rack....they then learned the real culprit. So, if you put them on just for looks, the down side will be wind noise on the hwy. Honda/Acura specifically designed the new sideboards for folks getting into the rear seats. The front area is somewhat tucked in, but, they can still be used if needed by grandma! I just think they don't compliment the RDX or the CRV at all...in looks. I guess they are functional at least.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:29 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the RDX look nice with running board and roof rail. I bought mine 3 week ago and could not purchased the roof rail accesories due to Acura put a hold on it. I was told my several people at my dealer Acura put out the word stop selling the roof rail temporary due to an issue with the rail cause the roof to dent or something like that. They told me to wait until Acura figure a solution. I wonder if anyone see or heard about this problem?

Derrick
Old 06-14-2012, 05:54 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
it's not the rails that necessarily cause the excessive noise but the cross bars. the rails run the length of the car so the aerodynamica are not that disturbed to create a ton of noise. the cross bars on the other hand....the closer they are to the sunroof the more likely you will get excessive wind noise.

the running board looks funny....to me at least.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
My wife's, filling up for the first time...

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/...uyvu98/RDX.jpg
Very nice, but Acuras placement of the BSM is curious, and does not protect like it should. But it is better than nothing. I have them on both my vehicles and they are okay and look good but could be more functional. Styling ov er function. They should be higher up on the door.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Roof rails

I got the roof rails just for aesthetics. The Mercedes GLK comes standard with them and I noticed that it gives the car some height and a "utility" feel to it. I completely agree with the Venza analogy.
Check out my roof rails in the link below (I posted these pics in the picture gallery forum):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/5631755...oto_7168251665

Old 06-24-2012, 08:07 PM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mpd210
I got the roof rails just for aesthetics. The Mercedes GLK comes standard with them and I noticed that it gives the car some height and a "utility" feel to it. I completely agree with the Venza analogy.
Check out my roof rails in the link below (I posted these pics in the picture gallery forum):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/5631755...oto_7168251665
What is the exact size of your tires in the pictures?
Old 06-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Those are the 2012 RDX sparkling silver 19" accessory wheels. I had the dealership install them on my 2013 RDX. The tires that came with these rims were too thin; they didn't fill in the wheel well enough. So I chose Toyo Vercado CUV 245/55/19 tires, which were made specifically for luxury SUV's and so they're quiet. I think Toyota uses them on some of their SUV's like the Venza.

Originally Posted by rdxm
What is the exact size of your tires in the pictures?
Old 06-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mpd210
Those are the 2012 RDX sparkling silver 19" accessory wheels. I had the dealership install them on my 2013 RDX. The tires that came with these rims were too thin; they didn't fill in the wheel well enough. So I chose Toyo Vercado CUV 245/55/19 tires, which were made specifically for luxury SUV's and so they're quiet. I think Toyota uses them on some of their SUV's like the Venza.
Thanks mpd210!
I'm trying to figure out if my left over winter 255/55/18 will fit properly on my 2013 Rdx. I was thinking that you installed that particular size. Anyways, the 19s look good on your car!
Old 06-25-2012, 02:02 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very good looking car! I see you have the front windows tinted, so I assume you are from the state, correct? I would like to get my front winders tinted but is illegal in Canada.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:04 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by yojcboy
Very good looking car! I see you have the front windows tinted, so I assume you are from the state, correct? I would like to get my front winders tinted but is illegal in Canada.
Yes and the tint is 3M 20%. It looks fine from the outside but from the inside you can see the difference with the factory tint.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:56 PM
5th Gear

Like the 19"!!!