Get my Urban Titanium Metallic Tech on Thursday

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get my Urban Titanium Metallic Tech on Thursday

I've owned a 2008 and 2010 RDX and just test drove the 2013. Sold!
Both my previous ones were Graphite colour, pretty boring I know. The Urban Titanium Metallic is almost the same colour but with a tinge of brown/gold in it. Didn't sound appealing to me at all until I saw it in person. Nice sophisticated look. Can't wait. All the improvements I wanted all wrapped up in this model.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
YOu must be Canadian as this color is a Canadian color...the American have a color called Browstone something. I was debating between white ad Urban Titanium but not being able to see one in the flesh made me decide to go with my safe color...White Are you getting the Tech or non tech? Being Canadian, AWD is the only option available so I don't have to ask that question Where are you from in Canada?
Old 05-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by weather
YOu must be Canadian as this color is a Canadian color...the American have a color called Browstone something. I was debating between white ad Urban Titanium but not being able to see one in the flesh made me decide to go with my safe color...White Are you getting the Tech or non tech? Being Canadian, AWD is the only option available so I don't have to ask that question Where are you from in Canada?
Tech all the way! I'm in Toronto, btw. I never would have pick this colour unless I saw it for myself. There was a Graphite one beside it and this just looked classier I guess. I must be getting old, lol. It's almost the same as the graphite though. Maybe about 10% difference in colour depending on what angle you see it at. They had a white one in the showroom and it looked nice too. Where you from Weather?
Old 05-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Suzuka Master

GTGT...I was seriously considering that color and had it been on the lot and able to see it, I suspect I may have gone that route too but was afraid it was going to be too dark. I think it would have looked really classy and hope I won't regret my white but I have yet to see one white car I don't like

I am in New Brunswick....
Old 05-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Suzuka Master

GTGT...I was seriously considering that color and had it been on the lot and able to see it, I suspect I may have gone that route too but was afraid it was going to be too dark. I think it would have looked really classy and hope I won't regret my white but I have yet to see one white car I don't like

I am in New Brunswick....
Old 05-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
CONGRATS!

Please show us pics as soon as you get the car - can't wait to see that colour!!!
Old 05-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ostrich
CONGRATS!

Please show us pics as soon as you get the car - can't wait to see that colour!!!
Will do! Thanks!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by gtgt
Will do! Thanks!
BTW...I saw the Urban Titanium in person when I picked up mine yesterday and I will say that if I'd been driving on the lots and had to decide which one I was going to take home....It would have been hard! The Urban Titanium looked amazing in person. I am very envious although I don't regret the white either because a clean white vehicle can look amazing too ... but dang it looked so elegant and classy (while the white looked a bit more sporty)
Old 05-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Drifting

Now, gtgt, I know that you must be very excited with your new RDX - but we want to see the Urban Titanium badly!!! LOL

WHERE IS IT!?

BTW, I went to my local Acura dealer a couple of days ago to get my B16 service. I saw a Basque Red RDX in the showroom - it looked good! The silver one was a bit bland, and the Forged Silver one was quite nice. The Graphite Luster Metallic one was sharp looking, and I just cannot wait to see the Urban Titanium and White ones - I NEED TO SEE THE PHOTOS FROM YOU AND WEATHER!!!!!! LOL
Old 05-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the Urban Metallic in Canada the same as the Amber Brownstone in the US??? Does anyone know this for a fact. In the pictures on the web the Canada color does look nice. The US site is a bit different but they are marketing photos so can't really trust them.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Advanced

Doesn't seem to have worked, anyways go here for the pictures.
http://photobucket.com/rdx2013
Not the greatest shots as the sun was setting on it. Was a beautiful day in Toronto, especially for me.
Anyways, you can sorta see that the bronze colour shows at certain angles and sometimes seems almost a Graphite colour. Simply love it. It adds a dimention to my old standby Graphite grey colour. Certainly isn't Brown. There are so many neat little additions they don't talk about in the 2013, like holding the unlock button down on the key fob to open all windows and cool off the car while you're walking up to it. 8" screen and stereo is wayyyyy better than my 2010 tech. Cant wait to get my DVD-A's in it. Am heading to the cottage this weekend and will take some more shots. Might look better in the sand : >

Last edited by gtgt; 05-10-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Drifting

Doesn't seem to have worked, anyways go here for the pictures.
http://photobucket.com/rdx2013
Not the greatest shots as the sun was setting on it. Was a beautiful day in Toronto, especially for me.
Anyways, you can sorta see that the bronze colour shows at certain angles and sometimes seems almost a Graphite colour. Simply love it. It adds a dimention to my old standby Graphite grey colour. Certainly isn't Brown. There are so many neat little additions they don't talk about in the 2013, like holding the unlock button down on the key fob to open all windows and cool off the car while you're walking up to it. 8" screen and stereo is wayyyyy better than my 2010 tech. Cant wait to get my DVD-A's in it. Am heading to the cottage this weekend and will take some more shots. Might look better in the sand : >
What a classy colour! Thank you for sharing the photos. Now, this certainly is NOT an old people's colour!!! It's gorgeous. What were they talking about, huh?! I see lots of young people wanting this beautiful colour!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 05:36 AM
Suzuka Master

gtgt....I am a bit surprised that you find the stereo on the RDX better sounding than that of the TL. I am not saying it sounds bad by any means but my 2012 TL sound is simply stunning! To be fair, I haven't put the RDX to the DVD-A test yet and all I have been using is the XM. Maybe I rushed to judgement too soon....I will have to go out and give the stereo a another review. BTW....as I said in another tread, make sure you tone down the centre speaker (front) a bit down because I found in mine to be dominating and steeling away from the perfect balanced approached of all speakers.

Also, you didn't get a demo DVD audio with yours? I got one.....

OSTRICH.....My friend, this is a sweet vehicle and I will be cleaning it up later today or Saturday and taking lots of pics. This weatherman needs to get some good weather first *lol* Even I can't control it! It pisses me off that I have to go to Ottawa all week next week for meetings and its going to be sunny the whole time here....what a waste of good weather
Old 05-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
gtgt....I am a bit surprised that you find the stereo on the RDX better sounding than that of the TL. I am not saying it sounds bad by any means but my 2012 TL sound is simply stunning! To be fair, I haven't put the RDX to the DVD-A test yet and all I have been using is the XM. Maybe I rushed to judgement too soon....I will have to go out and give the stereo a another review. BTW....as I said in another tread, make sure you tone down the centre speaker (front) a bit down because I found in mine to be dominating and steeling away from the perfect balanced approached of all speakers.

Also, you didn't get a demo DVD audio with yours? I got one.....

OSTRICH.....My friend, this is a sweet vehicle and I will be cleaning it up later today or Saturday and taking lots of pics. This weatherman needs to get some good weather first *lol* Even I can't control it! It pisses me off that I have to go to Ottawa all week next week for meetings and its going to be sunny the whole time here....what a waste of good weather
I would give the speakers a good 30 to 50 hours of play before making a final judgment as all speakers have a break in period.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Pro

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts
Congratulations. I like the UTM color.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Beautiful!! But too close in color to my 2001 MDX which I had been driving for 11 years. Anyway, I love my Silver Moon. By the way what is the interior color?

Regards, Jim
Old 05-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by NAMA
Is the Urban Metallic in Canada the same as the Amber Brownstone in the US??? Does anyone know this for a fact. In the pictures on the web the Canada color does look nice. The US site is a bit different but they are marketing photos so can't really trust them.
Sorry we forgot to answer your question. I am not quite sure if they are the same color...unless you had them side by side, it would be hard to tell because no 2 pictures are the same. In fact, the picture on Acura Canada is not at all like the color in person so don't judge the vehicle color by the Canadian website. Maybe someone at Acura could confirm but they never are here Looks like we'll have to get two acurazine members who live close to the border to have a meet and greet and compare their colors
The following users liked this post:
NAMA (05-13-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Advanced

Sorry we forgot to answer your question. I am not quite sure if they are the same color...unless you had them side by side, it would be hard to tell because no 2 pictures are the same. In fact, the picture on Acura Canada is not at all like the color in person so don't judge the vehicle color by the Canadian website. Maybe someone at Acura could confirm but they never are here Looks like we'll have to get two acurazine members who live close to the border to have a meet and greet and compare their colors
I'm near Buffalo if anyone wants to meet up. : )
Btw, I wasn't comparing the stereo to the TL as I've never had one. Stereo so far sounds the same as the old rdx but looks a lot better. Still learning all the new commands and such. Biggest disappointment is the new navigation. The passenger can't do anything as far as inputting destinations. It all has to be done through voice commands. Not good at all. Wife is not impressed in that. Supposedly a safety thing. We do love everything else about this new RDX though. Is there only room for 1 DVD/cd in the new stereo?
Old 05-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Drifting

Biggest disappointment is the new navigation. The passenger can't do anything as far as inputting destinations. It all has to be done through voice commands. Not good at all. Wife is not impressed in that. Supposedly a safety thing. We do love everything else about this new RDX though.
Now that is pretty annoying! I was so afraid that Acura would go this route (Lexus stopped people from inputting on the navigation system years ago) and it is now happening.... YIKES!
Old 05-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ostrich
Now that is pretty annoying! I was so afraid that Acura would go this route (Lexus stopped people from inputting on the navigation system years ago) and it is now happening.... YIKES!
I should have said " passenger can't use much of the nav system when the vehicle is running " when in park it works as it use to"
Old 05-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Drifting

I should have said " passenger can't use much of the nav system when the vehicle is running " when in park it works as it use to"
gtgt, that's what I understood. Lexus did stop people from inputting on the nav when the vehicle was in motion some years ago. I found that terribly irritating. Now Acura is following suit.... how sad.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Biggest disappointment is the new navigation. The passenger can't do anything as far as inputting destinations. It all has to be done through voice commands. Not good at all. Wife is not impressed in that. Supposedly a safety thing.
My wife and I just came home for a short drive. My wife, as passenger, had no trouble finding a restaurant while we were driving. Some options, such as entering a street address seemed to be disabled.

Jim
Old 05-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by hawkeye62
My wife and I just came home for a short drive. My wife, as passenger, had no trouble finding a restaurant while we were driving. Some options, such as entering a street address seemed to be disabled.

Jim
I know there are after market work arounds for the Lexus nav system that allow input in Drive. I assume it would only be a matter of time before someone figures this out for Acura.

I agree if this is the way Acura is going then that is a big minus in the Nav column. But in defense of Acura I think this is being pushed by the Feds.