Audio system

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 01:27 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audio system

... Audio system is one of the most important things in a vehicle for me ..

and honestly speaking i wasnt at all impressed by the 2018 Acura RDX audio system it sounds not so good...

now to the question .. is it possible to get a third party audio system (speakers ) installed in the car without voiding warranty ? if so where do i look ..

the car has only 4k miles and is bought brand new last july so kinda worried about doing whats not soo necessary but craving for a good music system ..
Old 07-07-2019, 06:02 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
It’s generally accepted that whatever you modify from original will lose its warranty. To be fair, you lose the warranty for the related part only. If you modify the amplifier and speakers you may lose the warranty for the radio infotainment system but not for the engine/ suspension etc. I hope you have the upgraded ELS audio in your new car. I understand the need for nice music system but as long as you understand that you won’t ever get a theatre / orchestra quality in any car, you’re fine. Lol. Also you don’t want anything too good or too loud which could distract you from the road situations / potential road hazards. Sometimes to be able to hear that tiny noise from the side of the car could be life saving. Good luck.

Last edited by Comfy; 07-07-2019 at 06:05 AM.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:53 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Comfy
It’s generally accepted that whatever you modify from original will lose its warranty. To be fair, you lose the warranty for the related part only. If you modify the amplifier and speakers you may lose the warranty for the radio infotainment system but not for the engine/ suspension etc. I hope you have the upgraded ELS audio in your new car. I understand the need for nice music system but as long as you understand that you won’t ever get a theatre / orchestra quality in any car, you’re fine. Lol. Also you don’t want anything too good or too loud which could distract you from the road situations / potential road hazards. Sometimes to be able to hear that tiny noise from the side of the car could be life saving. Good luck.

haha very well put Thank you

10 Acura/ELS Studio speakers -- this is what i got .. i do like the sound but comming from a mini cooper / BMW with lesser speakers and more quality i just wanted to see if i can upgrade

quality is what i am after (not a boom box Lol )