AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G RDX (2013-2018) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rdx-2013-2018-404/)
-   -   All Windows (and Moon Roof) Open (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rdx-2013-2018-404/all-windows-moon-roof-open-978767/)

dirleton 04-15-2019 02:06 PM

All Windows (and Moon Roof) Open

The all down feature is more annoying than useful. How to disable?

thoiboi 04-15-2019 03:59 PM

I don't think you can disable that.. it's a feature. Just don't press the unlock and hold the button down to prevent this from happening..

egads 04-18-2019 01:09 AM

Why are you using the key fob to unlock anyway? You just walk up to the car and place your hand behind the door handle and it unlocks. Works when opening the hatch as well if so programmed. To lock up, you just push the button on the door handle. There are a lot of things to set up to make it your own. Some are even driver specific. Those are usually done through the MID with the steering wheel buttons and not the vehicle settings in the infotainment system. It can take a while to do everything. I finally got my settings done waiting in a cell lot at the airport.

Comfy 04-19-2019 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by dirleton (Post 16411658)
The all down feature is more annoying than useful. How to disable?

What do you think it's more annoying than useful? There is no better quick and energy efficient way to disperse the heat inside the car parked outside on a sunny day. Yes you may be able to use a remote start and turn on the AC if equipped but it will takes it's time (and fuel).
I find this a wonderful feature of the car, which many other newer cars are lacking.

egads 04-20-2019 12:48 AM

It is slightly annoying that you cannot close everything up when leaving and locking, but that is a safety concern. Allowing that might injure a child or dog.

samiam_68 04-20-2019 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by egads (Post 16413997)
It is slightly annoying that you cannot close everything up when leaving and locking, but that is a safety concern. Allowing that might injure a child or dog.

You can close everything with the physical key. Insert into keyhole, turn to lock (counter clockwise) and release, then turn to lock again and hold in that position for a few extra seconds. Windows and sunroof will close.

samiam_68 04-20-2019 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Comfy (Post 16413960)
What do you think it's more annoying than useful? There is no better quick and energy efficient way to disperse the heat inside the car parked outside on a sunny day. Yes you may be able to use a remote start and turn on the AC if equipped but it will takes it's time (and fuel).
I find this a wonderful feature of the car, which many other newer cars are lacking.

^^ This.

egads 04-20-2019 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by samiam_68 (Post 16414123)
You can close everything with the physical key. Insert into keyhole, turn to lock (counter clockwise) and release, then turn to lock again and hold in that position for a few extra seconds. Windows and sunroof will close.

Ahh, so that way you are close to observe. Will have to try that. Thanks

Comfy 04-27-2019 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by egads (Post 16414129)
Ahh, so that way you are close to observe. Will have to try that. Thanks

yes, it’s a little less intuitive and takes a bit of effort to get it right. But I made it work on mine.