Suspension Over Speed Bumps and Wind Noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 11:38 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Suspension Over Speed Bumps and Wind Noise

HI everyone ,
It might be just me but I got a $660 service done and now I feel the wind noise being louder than usual. Is there a TAN bulletin for this issue , I believe it's under the passenger side . Also I would go over speed bumps without slowing down and the suspension would soak it in and now I feel a harsher and rougher feel when going over any kind of bump.
I also know that my dealership hires students straight out of college so their is really no experience as most of the cars being serviced are test cars for these young students.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2017, 04:38 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Was anything done during the service which would potentially cause these issues?
Old 09-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
could be more tire noise if they added air to them..or maybe let some air out....the RDX is bad for road/tire noise but I dont personally feel it is bad for wind noise ...and nothing they would have done on a routine service would increase wind noise....
Old 09-26-2017, 07:01 PM
Instructor

Yes that is true. I called and they said that they would have a technician take my car for a test drive for a day and see what they can do . I remember seeing another RDX owner posf a TSB bulletin on the passenger panel for a fix for a increase in wind/road noise. If anyone has that please post a link below. Also I believe the poster had a brown /TAN rdx color.
Lol I also complained about the service because they keep giving me complimentary car washes when I clearly decline them.. sigh stealerships
Old 09-26-2017, 07:01 PM
Instructor

True

Yes that is true. I called and they said that they would have a technician take my car for a test drive for a day and see what they can do . I remember seeing another RDX owner posf a TSB bulletin on the passenger panel for a fix for a increase in wind/road noise. If anyone has that please post a link below. Also I believe the poster had a brown /TAN rdx color.
Lol I also complained about the service because they keep giving me complimentary car washes when I clearly decline them.. sigh stealerships
Old 09-27-2017, 08:46 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Maybe TSB 12-026
Old 10-06-2017, 09:42 AM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
My rear passenger side was having some major shock absorption issues and pretty much collapsed about 3 1/2 years in to ownership. It's not unheard of in the 2nd generation RDX. I'm lucky it was covered under warranty but definitely not the "Japanese Quality" I expected from a Honda product.