2018 Outback vs 2018 RDX

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 09:14 AM
Safety Car

Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
2018 Outback vs 2018 RDX

Hey guys,

I am looking to lock up a lease in February (baby due in March). I have a good lease deal on an Outback. I originally wanted an RDX, but the navigation system / lack of apple car play may be a non starter.

Did any of you guys cross shop these two?

2018 Outback - 2.5 limited w eyesight (leather, LED turning headlights, apple car play, navi, all tech nanny features, remote start) - ~$340/mo inc. taxes, $0 down plus fees. 10k/yr

MAYBE it would be possible to get a left over 2018 RDX tech in February for that territory. I could probably get a RDX base now with roughly the same lease deal as the Outback. But i would still be left with old infotainment.

Objectives:
1. All safety features available and LEDs
2. Excellent navigation (huge family in dense NJ/Staten Island - i have terrible sense of direction, and my wife is horrible at navigating, and i want to have my hands free to navigate with a newborn in the back)
3. Decent badge
4. Basic use. We both use public transpo, so occasional nanny use, and weekend use, but primary car. Definitely less than 10k miles a year. Maybe closer to 5k.
5. Good mileage, would prefer regular gas. 90% city driving.
6. Lowest monthly lease payment possible since it will sit in the driveway most days

...we ruled out all others cars, so not open to others. Down to the Outback and RDX, and favoring the Outback at this point.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:29 AM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Have you looked at a KIA Sportage and Sorrento? I would also suggest a look at the Hyundai Santa Fe Sport and Tuscon. Your #3 requirement may preclude KIA/Hyundai, but that would be a big mistake unless you have driven them and made a decision based on comparison vs badge.

I seriously doubt you will get an RDX for the same deal as the Outback even at base trim level which won't get your safety requirements covered. You would need a AWP + tech package car which is in the 40's as I assume you want AWD.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:34 AM
Safety Car

Love the Sorrento - but too big for the wife, and unnecessary for us plus 1 newborn. The Sportage is a no go.

We like the Tucson, but it doesnt lease well and is a bit cramped. The Sante Fe would be perfect if the interior build out was refreshed a la the Tucson, but it's not.
The following users liked this post:
TacoBello (01-04-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 10:29 AM
Pro

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts
I am just curious. Did you also look at the Forester? If yes, why did you choose the Outback? I test drove an Outback years ago when I decided to lease a Forester. The Forester was a little quicker with the 2.5i engine. I also test drove an Outback with the 3.6 engine. I was surprised how much space the Outback had in the backseat and cargo area.

The Outback will be better in Winter compared to the RDX. I would choose the Outback over a base RDX, especially for basic transportation.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:35 AM
Safety Car

Over the past few years, the Outback interior has vastly outpaced the Forester, with a large update in 2016? and once again in 2018. Subaru did a good job at feeding one of their best sellers. The 2018 Outback interior rivals the RDX. The Forester has gone a bit unloved, and feels more economy, like a 10 year old Honda...but will receive a full blown redesign for 2019. Also, the Forester is a bit narrower, and the tall cabin makes it feel even more narrower than it is; borderline cramped.

Also, the Forester has a very suspect lumbar support that is highly scrutinized by some...to the point some people end up trading in the car after seeing the effects of a long road trip. Depending on your body type of posture, the seats could be very uncomfortable.

Last edited by ThermonMermon; 01-04-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:37 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Why would the Outback be better than the RDX in the winter?

Personally, while I do really like the utility aspect of the Outback, Subarus in general are a deal breaker from me- especially coming from an Acura. Their paint quality is some of the worst in the industry. 2 year old cars look like 10 year old cars, from the rock chips the front will take. Their interiors are always Spartan compared to the rest of the industry. Let's face it- Subaru is an economy car company. They've chosen to differentiate themselves from the rest of the market by using AWD in every car... but that comes at a cost. They end up cheapening out in many departments to keep the car affordable, with the AWD system.

When is the new RDX coming out, if it is being shown in under 2 weeks time? You don't think you can tough it out a couple months and wait for the new RDX?
Old 01-04-2018, 10:49 AM
Pro

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts
Seat comfort was one of the issues I had with the Forester, but it wasn't that bad.

Subaru's AWD is better in the Winter compared to the cheaper AWD system Acura has on the RDX. The Forester was one of my better Winter vehicles. I didn't need Winter tires. I hope Acura puts SH-AWD back in the next RDX.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by ThermonMermon
Love the Sorrento - but too big for the wife, and unnecessary for us plus 1 newborn. The Sportage is a no go.

We like the Tucson, but it doesnt lease well and is a bit cramped. The Sante Fe would be perfect if the interior build out was refreshed a la the Tucson, but it's not.
Why do you think the sorento is too big? The outback is actually longer than the sorento by ~3 inches and the sorento is about 2-4 inches wider at most. I know it’s your choice obviously but I think you are really missing out here. Like Taco mentioned, I would not touch a subaru with a stick, crappy drive trains and ugly/cheap looking interiors. IMHO the sorento (in SXL trim) is much nicer inside quality wise than the MDX even. If you just think it visually looks bigger than you’re really missing out because it’s actually not.

In terms of the santa fe, Hyundai made a very large overhaul with tech for 2017 and you can now get things like around view camera, adaptive HID headlights, height adjustable electric passenger seat (IIRC), automatic opening tailgate, and adaptive cruise control with pedestrian detection. It might look like the 2013 model but Hyundai never snoozed on it and continued to update it over the years.

Side-note: I know my avatar is a Kia badge but I sold my 2012 sorento a few months ago due to finding out the previous owner did a hack job with the wiring when installing after market speakers/car starter which caused a lot of issues to pop up (namely dash going fully black while driving meaning I had no idea how fast I was going) and currently do not drive a kia so I am not trying to be biased and I do not win anything if you choose/do not choose one.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:23 PM
Safety Car

Wow, you need to step up to an SX trim just to get HIDs....and the tech nanny stuff is in addition thereafter, now your at $44k for an equally equipped Sorrento.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:45 PM
Touring

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
Hate to say it, but I'd go with the Outback since you can't wait for the '19 RDX. Quite a shame, but those things happen. The RDX is a lot more refined, but some aspects are dated. I'm making up for the shortcomings through the use of my smartphone, but that's a patch you'd rather not do in a new vehicle.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:07 PM
Safety Car

Yeah...i could probably get away with a 2019 base AWD too, since it will likely have apple car play. but i bet the 2019 base lease deals upon release will not be good...maybe 400/mo or more, similar to a 2018 tech. another misfortune is the new QX50 (which i have a feeling i will like better than the new acura styling) has a delayed release date, so that doesnt work either.

oh well. at least the outback is the best value of the bunch, and im not splurging on my "second choice"
Old 01-04-2018, 01:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Wow, you need to step up to an SX trim just to get HIDs....and the tech nanny stuff is in addition thereafter, now your at $44k for an equally equipped Sorrento.
Yeah I agree, it can get rather pricey. But it really does feel like an incredibly polished vehicle now. Forget the badge and in reality it is an amazing bargain for the quality. It feels built to a higher price point to me. Pay attention to the materials that line the glovebox and center console, the materials on the upper half of all 4 doors, the fabric on the roof and on all the pillars. I came away incredibly impressed because they did a VERY good job hiding cost cutting. Fwiw the RDX is all hard cheap plastic in the rear doors, the bins are not lined in felt, pillars are hard plastic...just look at the subtle stuff and you’ll see what I mean.

Originally Posted by jcross1231
Hate to say it, but I'd go with the Outback since you can't wait for the '19 RDX. Quite a shame, but those things happen. The RDX is a lot more refined, but some aspects are dated. I'm making up for the shortcomings through the use of my smartphone, but that's a patch you'd rather not do in a new vehicle.
Between the outback and RDX I personally would have to say RDX any day of the week. But that’s only because I think Subarus are cheap and ugly (but that’s just me). Yes the RDX has horribly crunchy tech and a headunit from 2003 but to me it’s just a much better vehicle than any Subaru.
J35+6AT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2.5+cvt or even 3.6+cvt

Last edited by RDX10; 01-04-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:45 PM
Pro

Not sure where you are getting "cramped" on the Tuscon- It is almost identical (and actually larger in some dimensions) than the RDX: You can also buy a loaded Limited Ultimate for the low 30's(which includes heated rear seats, panoramic S/R - which are unavailable even on an RDX Advance - and an up to date infotainment system with AA and ACP).
Front Head Room:
RDX Tuscon
38.70" 39.60"
Front Hip Room:
55.70in 55.60in
Front Leg Room:
42.00in 41.50in
Front Shoulder Room:
58.70in 57.10in
Rear Head Room:
38.10 39.20
Rear Hip Room:
53.80in 54.50in
Rear leg room:
38.30in 38.20in
Rear Shoulder room:
57.20in 55.10in

Last edited by chickdr; 01-04-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:54 PM
Safety Car

I cant disagree with you guys. I am just looking for the safest suv/wagon with all the latest tech and basic luxuries...that is effectively a cheap "safety net" to transport a newborn on weekends plus nanny duty. If I was personally driving the car regularly and gave it decent mileage, I would probably go for an X5 or maybe even a RR Velar. But for my wife and I to both walk past an Outback every morning in the driveway to catch the train makes the lease payment a lot easier to stomach.

Last edited by ThermonMermon; 01-04-2018 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:58 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by chickdr
Not sure where you are getting "cramped" on the Tuscon- It is almost identical (and actually larger in some dimensions) than the RDX: You can also buy a loaded Limited Ultimate for the low 30's(which includes heated rear seats, panoramic S/R - which are unavailable even on an RDX Advance - and an up to date infotainment system with AA and ACP).
Front Head Room:
RDX Tuscon
38.70" 39.60"

Front Hip Room:
55.70in 55.60in

Front Leg Room:
42.00in 41.50in

Front Shoulder Room:
58.70in 57.10in

Rear Head Room:
38.10 39.20

Rear Hip Room:
53.80in 54.50in

Rear leg room:
38.30in 38.20in

Rear Shoulder room:
57.20in 55.10in

forget the metrics on paper....the dash design bulges out into the corner of the footwells, and my right knee hits the dash with a rear facing baby seat behind me.

Last edited by ThermonMermon; 01-04-2018 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:32 PM
Suzuka Master

I cant disagree with you guys. I am just looking for the safest suv/wagon with all the latest tech and basic luxuries...that is effectively a cheap "safety net" to transport a newborn on weekends plus nanny duty. If I was personally driving the car regularly and gave it decent mileage, I would probably go for an X5 or maybe even a RR Velar. But for my wife and I to both walk past an Outback every morning in the driveway to catch the train makes the lease payment a lot easier to stomach.
I totally hear you on buying the safest thing you can with a decent price for it’s purprose. God forbid something was to happen with the baby in the car I would want to choose the safest thing I could afford. Ultimately we’re just trying to suggest some things for you but of course you should feel comfortable with what you are buying. If you can hold out for a 2019 RDX then try that, if you need a car now (and to me it seems you are set on the outback) then go grab an outback and who cares what we say. If you like it, go fo it. Subies are the type of cars that are reallly liked by some and really disliked by others. Nothing wrong with having a different taste.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:42 PM
Pro

Agreed!
Old 01-04-2018, 06:47 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Well, my Son has a 13 Outback, and I have 2 RDX's. Aside from there being more space in the hatch, there is no comparison. The RDX is the superior vehicle period.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
Don't let MSRP put you off. Deals on Kias can be quite good. And with the refreshed 2019 model expected out shortly, they'll be dealing even more on residual 2018's. I'm not suggesting you buy one if you don't like them, but if you haven't driven one, it's worth an hour of your time. They are surprisingly refined.

The nice thing about the Outback, or any Subaru for that matter, is that there's a lot less risk involved. If you buy one and find it's not right for you, the hit on resale won't be as severe. (Assuming you can get out of the lease, that is.) I paid $24k for a Forester years ago, drove it for 3-1/2 years/80k miles, and sold it privately for $16.5k. The car was good to me, but the seats were bloody awful after the first hour.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by HotRodW
Don't let MSRP put you off. Deals on Kias can be quite good. And with the refreshed 2019 model expected out shortly, they'll be dealing even more on residual 2018's. I'm not suggesting you buy one if you don't like them, but if you haven't driven one, it's worth an hour of your time. They are surprisingly refined.

The nice thing about the Outback, or any Subaru for that matter, is that there's a lot less risk involved. If you buy one and find it's not right for you, the hit on resale won't be as severe. (Assuming you can get out of the lease, that is.) I paid $24k for a Forester years ago, drove it for 3-1/2 years/80k miles, and sold it privately for $16.5k. The car was good to me, but the seats were bloody awful after the first hour.
You know you’re not the first person to mention horrible subaru seats (literally see it EVERYWHERE on the internet). Something to do with really crappy lumbar placement. Also totally agreed on the sorento, surprisingly refined is a good way to describe it..ironic that their tag line is “the power to surprise”.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:59 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by HotRodW

So why recommend it? It probably leases horribly. Edit - Yeah an SX Sorento optioned like a RDX tech with a 42k sticker leases for 500/mo zero down. Yikes! That’s a 60k Lexus right there. Show me a lease for under 350 mo zero down that has every latest tech feature, awd, leather, etc. even the Koreans can’t get there due to residuals. The only cars that can touch that are the CRV and CX5 which come with their own downsides. And the outback

Last edited by ThermonMermon; 01-04-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:16 PM
Pro

So why recommend it? It probably leases horribly. Edit - Yeah an SX Sorento optioned like a RDX tech with a 42k sticker leases for 500/mo zero down. Yikes! That’s a 60k Lexus right there. Show me a lease for under 350 mo zero down that has every latest tech feature, awd, leather, etc. even the Koreans can’t get there due to residuals. The only cars that can touch that are the CRV and CX5 which come with their own downsides. And the outback
Since you mentioned it - What's wrong with the new CRV? CX5 is also a really nice ride - if a little loud inside.

Out of curiosity, what $60k Lexus can you lease for $500 mth with zero down? Most of the leases I see advertised require several thousand down.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:49 PM
Safety Car

Since you mentioned it - What's wrong with the new CRV? CX5 is also a really nice ride - if a little loud inside.

Out of curiosity, what $60k Lexus can you lease for $500 mth with zero down? Most of the leases I see advertised require several thousand down.
A few things...As for leases, Brokers (not dealers) tend to rep zero down leases for apples to apples comps. Plus any repeat lessee knows to lease with nothing down for a couple reasons. Anyway, most lexuses tend to be less than 100/mo per 10k msrp zero down. Due to strong residuals. Contact a competitive leasing broker and you’ll se the same

Last edited by ThermonMermon; 01-04-2018 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RDX10
You know you’re not the first person to mention horrible subaru seats (literally see it EVERYWHERE on the internet). Something to do with really crappy lumbar placement. Also totally agreed on the sorento, surprisingly refined is a good way to describe it..ironic that their tag line is “the power to surprise”.
Yep, and nothing during the test drive indicated the seats would be a problem for me. I test drove an Outback 6-cylinder recently, and the seats once again felt fine for 20 minutes - quite comfortable actually. I assume they’d be ok on a long trip, but I personally wouldn’t roll the dice without a longer test drive.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:25 AM
Burning Brakes

I’m not necessarily recommending anything. I’m simply pointing out that MSRP’s can be misleading. I admit that I didn’t consider the lease payment. I drive too many miles to lease myself, so I car shop from a different viewpoint. To me, it’s the car that matters most.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:43 AM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Have you looked at a KIA Sportage and Sorrento? I would also suggest a look at the Hyundai Santa Fe Sport and Tuscon. Your #3 requirement may preclude KIA/Hyundai, but that would be a big mistake unless you have driven them and made a decision based on comparison vs badge.

I seriously doubt you will get an RDX for the same deal as the Outback even at base trim level which won't get your safety requirements covered. You would need a AWP + tech package car which is in the 40's as I assume you want AWD.
Yeah if you don't care about the badge buying and financing a Kia Hyundai offers great value that quite frankly is not too much off from Acura or any Premium brand. However lease wise especially when you are looking at loaded models these are some of the worse cars to lease, awesome 0% financing or great off lease cars but the residuals are so bad. Maybe the Genesis line with their upcoming sub will be better.

As per the RDX I feel confident if you wait until the launch of the third gen you could get a crazy good deal on a left over 2018 like they did with the 2017 TLX with huge $5k lease incentives
Old 01-31-2018, 10:02 AM
Advanced

A few things...As for leases, Brokers (not dealers) tend to rep zero down leases for apples to apples comps. Plus any repeat lessee knows to lease with nothing down for a couple reasons. Anyway, most lexuses tend to be less than 100/mo per 10k msrp zero down. Due to strong residuals. Contact a competitive leasing broker and you’ll se the same
There is no $60k Lexus that you can do zero down for less than $500 a month for 36 months 10k miles a year. I understand using zero down as a baseline to compare cars is right and I think putting zero or as little as possible down to be the way to go since if the car is wrecked or stolen you will never get that back but rolling in taxes is somewhat dependent state to state.

A base 2018 Lexus NX AWD 36 months 10k a year zero down comes out to $470 a month without taking taxes and fees into account. This calculation is with the car at almost $36k. So no you can't get a $60k Lexus for less than $500 a month with nothing down
Old 01-31-2018, 10:08 AM
Advanced

Lease wise anything near or above 60 percent residual is good to very good. BMW highly over exaggerates their residuals which makes them amazing cars to lease but even they require heavy down payments to offset their high MSRP when optioned out. Acura especially the RDX is a great lease car since one it comes with a ton of standard options that the Germans would charge extra for, lower overall MSRP, but while maintaining a near 60 percent residual if not higher depending on when you buy, mileage, and lease length

Also a huge thing to consider is money factor, while BMW has great residuals their money factors tend to be around 3.6% if not higher while a Lexus NX AWD Base is around 1.44% and a RDX AWD Advance is now 1.13% while a Kia Sorento SX AWD has a 51% residual and 4.7% APR

Last edited by jrasero; 01-31-2018 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jrasero
Yeah if you don't care about the badge buying and financing a Kia Hyundai offers great value that quite frankly is not too much off from Acura or any Premium brand. However lease wise especially when you are looking at loaded models these are some of the worse cars to lease, awesome 0% financing or great off lease cars but the residuals are so bad. Maybe the Genesis line with their upcoming sub will be better.

As per the RDX I feel confident if you wait until the launch of the third gen you could get a crazy good deal on a left over 2018 like they did with the 2017 TLX with huge $5k lease incentives
In Canada (or at least in my experience, or maybe not looking at the right times) we generally don’t get as good deals or money off like you guys do in the states. However the local Acura dealer is currently advertizing 6k-8k off the top trim RDX which is crazy! You can tell they are trying to get rid of the RDX’s left on the lot because the 2019 are coming very soon. I can’t wait to to and see it in person.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:16 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
my wife has a 17 base RDX and I have a 17 Forester (base) commuting car. There really isn't a comparison on the two - the RDX is a much nicer, the subaru 2.5 is a little gutless but that may be the CVT transmissions fault
Old 01-31-2018, 09:44 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by srpuywa
my wife has a 17 base RDX and I have a 17 Forester (base) commuting car. There really isn't a comparison on the two - the RDX is a much nicer, the subaru 2.5 is a little gutless but that may be the CVT transmissions fault
I seriously looked at the Forester 2.0 Touring and while it was a nice performance upgrade over the base Forester it just didn't feel as smooth or refined as the RDX which is saying a lot considering that the current Gen RDX is always being panned as a non luxury car. But none the less the 2.0 Touring is a very nice car, maybe next time I will take another look at it. The Forester is always up for a major refresh
Old 03-10-2018, 10:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
Originally Posted by BLEXV6
Well, my Son has a 13 Outback, and I have 2 RDX's. Aside from there being more space in the hatch, there is no comparison. The RDX is the superior vehicle period.
negative ghost rider having driven both, the outback wins hands down in the following areas

Interior quality
visibility while driving
handling
ability to eat snow

and the important part
Off-road ability
Price for what you get

Acura is nowhere were they used to be in terms of build quality or prestige and that is sad (former Acura owner here)
Old 03-20-2018, 07:11 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jrasero
There is no $60k Lexus that you can do zero down for less than $500 a month for 36 months 10k miles a year. I understand using zero down as a baseline to compare cars is right and I think putting zero or as little as possible down to be the way to go since if the car is wrecked or stolen you will never get that back but rolling in taxes is somewhat dependent state to state.

A base 2018 Lexus NX AWD 36 months 10k a year zero down comes out to $470 a month without taking taxes and fees into account. This calculation is with the car at almost $36k. So no you can't get a $60k Lexus for less than $500 a month with nothing down
not true. My guy offered 350/mo zero down for a AWD NX. You could lease a GS AWD moderately optioned in the mid to high 50s for 499/mo. Again, $100 per 10k MSRP is a benchmark for a good lease
Old 03-20-2018, 07:32 AM
Pro

not true. My guy offered 350/mo zero down for a AWD NX. You could lease a GS AWD moderately optioned in the mid to high 50s for 499/mo. Again, $100 per 10k MSRP is a benchmark for a good lease
Have you made a decision yet? If so what did you buy?

I would love to see those offers. You can't even get close to $350/mth zero down on a base model RDX AWD. I agree with you about $100/10k being a good target, but it is exceedingly hard to get a lease deal like that on a popular car. I have a friend looking for a new car and he decided on a 2018 530i. The car has an MSRP of right at 60k and they are aggressive with deals as it is close to end of the model year. The lease he is going with is $750/mth (36mths) with $2,500 total due at signing. Would you be willing to share "your guys" info? If so he may get some business from the members with those kind of deals.

Last edited by chickdr; 03-20-2018 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:55 AM
Safety Car

We got loaded Outback with eyesight remote start. 37k sticker. 335/mo including tax, zero down (just fees). 36 / 10k

it has contrast stitched leather, wood and aluminum, turning HID headlights, LED accents, radar cruise, lane keep, front and reverse auto braking, remote start, auto tailgate, memory seats, 8 inch touchscreen, Harmon sound with garmin Navi, apple car play and android. Basically everything but cooled seats, and steering park assist.

The base awd RDX was 350/mo w tax. And a similarly optioned tech w watch was 410 w tax.

So so far so good. I put 200 miles on it and still have over half a tank from city driving. Takes regular. I tested out xmode around town in 8 inches of snow and had full traction for most of the time. Pretty awesome pedestrian/utility car.

I picked it up when my wife was in the hospital and drove my newborn home in the snow. Zero regrets.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:02 AM
Safety Car

Have you made a decision yet? If so what did you buy?

I would love to see those offers. You can't even get close to $350/mth zero down on a base model RDX AWD. I agree with you about $100/10k being a good target, but it is exceedingly hard to get a lease deal like that on a popular car. I have a friend looking for a new car and he decided on a 2018 530i. The car has an MSRP of right at 60k and they are aggressive with deals as it is close to end of the model year. The lease he is going with is $750/mth (36mths) with $2,500 total due at signing. Would you be willing to share "your guys" info? If so he may get some business from the members with those kind of deals.
Yiiiikes

legendleasing.com

they have a 530 Xdrive w LEDs, 12 speaker audio, 10 in Navi, 16 way seats, for 529/mo 36/10k. No down payment, but taxes and fees out of pocket
Old 03-20-2018, 10:05 AM
Pro

Yiiiikes

legendleasing.com

they have a 530 Xdrive w LEDs, 12 speaker audio, 10 in Navi, 16 way seats, for 529/mo 36/10k. No down payment, but taxes and fees out of pocket
Thanks for the link. The 5 series you mentioned is not as heavily optioned as the one he is getting and has a $925 bank fee so it isn't really nothing down. It also requires "5 series loyalty" which sounds as if you have to already own a BMW 5 series to qualify. I still told him to call and see what they could offer.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:08 AM
Pro

I actually just contacted Legend Leasing. They only lease in the Tristate area. No good for most of us forum members.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:38 AM
Safety Car

I actually just contacted Legend Leasing. They only lease in the Tristate area. No good for most of us forum members.
i assumed you were in the area given my sig says NYC and you asked for my leasing broker

Dealers still charge bank fees. At least around here. Mine was 500 and was advertised as the lowest fee possible.

The loyalty thing is BS. They typically fight to get you the loyalty rate. My coworkers have leased many cars from them and always gotten the advertised rate

Anyway, I’d still use them as a bargaining chip with dealerships....which is why I’m providing you w the follow ups...

Old 03-20-2018, 10:46 AM
Safety Car

Wow. They have a 430xi sedan for 399/mo. That’s really tempting....

Quick Reply: 2018 Outback vs 2018 RDX