AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G RDX (2013-2018) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rdx-2013-2018-404/)
-   -   2017 RDX Stuck in Accessory Mode (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rdx-2013-2018-404/2017-rdx-stuck-accessory-mode-978445/)

Mart 04-01-2019 10:49 PM

2017 RDX Stuck in Accessory Mode

My wife's 2017 RDX is about 20 months old with 12,700 km, and today she parked it and whereas the engine shut down, the electronics stayed on and will not turn off. It's now in our garage, with accessory mode stuck on. Tried the Acura dealer, but it was after hours, and then tried Roadside Assistance and got a long runaround. I am hoping to know:
1. how can it be turned off?
2. if that can't be done easily, is there some damage that could result and therefore should I disconnect the battery?

Cannot get anyone until morning, but if anyone has had a similar experience I'd love to hear how this was resolved. Thanks.

Mart 04-01-2019 11:06 PM

After doing a query here, I saw someone had a similar problem with a TL and had attributed it to a sticky shifter (not fully engaged in Park). I tried it and found that the trigger on the shifter was indeed sticking, and so was able to get it unstuck and fully turned off. Problem solved for the short term but will have to get the dealer to look at that shifter trigger.

Tech 04-02-2019 08:49 AM

It can also get that way by pressing the START button a few times especially when the brake pedal is not depressed.

Try it and you'll see.

Comfy 04-02-2019 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tech (Post 16406182)
It can also get that way by pressing the START button a few times especially when the brake pedal is not depressed.

Try it and you'll see.

Will starting the car again fix the issue temporarily?

Mart 04-02-2019 10:11 PM

It is an issue with the transmission selector. It looks like it's in Park, but for whatever reason since yesterday it now needs to be jiggled around before it actually engages in Park and thereby allows the car to shut off entirely.

Mart 04-02-2019 10:13 PM

Nope....that doesn't work. The only way to shut off the car is to jiggle around with the gear shifter. Since it's now not an urgency, I've got an appointment next week to have the dealer hopefully fix it.

Tech 04-03-2019 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Comfy (Post 16406590)
Will starting the car again fix the issue temporarily?

I've had the issue when the car is started remotely, I get in the car and I push the start button a tad sooner before stepping on the brake.
Sort of like pressing the start button without stepping on the brake when initially starting the car.
Too many damn safety features.

Sounds like the OP has a different issue with a gear shift interlock.

Les Read 02-16-2021 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mart (Post 16406599)
It is an issue with the transmission selector. It looks like it's in Park, but for whatever reason since yesterday it now needs to be jiggled around before it actually engages in Park and thereby allows the car to shut off entirely.

It worked for me had some lose change in there cleaned it out and it now works fine it was not going in to park 100%
Thx :thumbsup:

seaoc 10-02-2021 03:38 PM

I know this is an older thread, but I've just had the same problem yesterday. I jiggled the shifter, and drove my 2017 RDX without problems twice today. Have an appointment with the dealer on Tuesday, but was hoping you could share the outcome of your visit. What did they do, if anything, to repair?

seaoc 10-04-2021 08:22 PM

I know this is an older thread, but I've just had the same problem yesterday. I jiggled the shifter, and drove my 2017 RDX without problems twice today. Have an appointment with the dealer on Tuesday, but was hoping you could share the outcome of your visit. What did they do, if anything, to repair?

SilverJ 12-03-2021 12:13 PM

I have the same issue with my 2012 TL MANUAL shift....dealership so far has been useless in offering any suggestions.