2017 acura rdx Transmission slipping - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

2017 acura rdx Transmission slipping

 
Old 11-13-2016, 03:37 PM
  #1  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Age: 35
Posts: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2017 acura rdx Transmission slipping

As I was exiting the highway on a very small downhill, I release the gas pedal and the RPM begin to come down as i was slowing down too. Then i step on the gas penal knowing that i need to speed up because i let go the gas to early and wasn't going to make the exit. The second i steped on the gas pedal SLOWLY my RPM REV up like i was in NEUTAL but I dont feel any power. i wasn't going any where. So i immediately let go the gas pedal again and reapply the gas for the second time and still the RPM went up but no power to the wheels. so i was scary and let go of the gas pedal again and i let the car roll the my exit to a complete stop and everything went back to normal. This is the first time this has ever happen to me.... Is my tanny slipping? Can a tanny slip on a downhill is it possible? OR is this normal? Is my tanny trying to reach the correct REV before i get power to the wheels? Can some one help me please im so comfuse because it only has 3500 miles on the car. 2017 ACURA RDX.
Rdx2017 is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 03:49 PM
  #2  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 50
Posts: 636
Thanks: 0
Thanked 53 Times in 46 Posts
I would take it in to your dealer and ask. I have not experienced this in 20k on my '16 model.
chickdr is offline  
Old 11-13-2016, 09:55 PM
  #3  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Age: 35
Posts: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Before I take it to the dealership has anyone else has this problem???

Or is there any known transmission problem ? I heard Acura and Honda has record of transmission problem?

any input would help
Rdx2017 is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 05:21 AM
  #4  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 50
Posts: 636
Thanks: 0
Thanked 53 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Rdx2017 View Post
Before I take it to the dealership has anyone else has this problem???

Or is there any known transmission problem ? I heard Acura and Honda has record of transmission problem?

any input would help
since you are still under warranty why wouldn't you take it in? They give you a loaner and investigate. The transmission issues were solved a while back. The RDX is not in that group.
chickdr is offline  
Old 11-14-2016, 06:04 AM
  #5  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Age: 35
Posts: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank u I will do that
Rdx2017 is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 01:41 PM
  #6  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,844
Thanked 430 Times in 338 Posts
+1 for take it in
YeuEmMaiMai is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 10:02 PM
  #7  
Registered Member
 
Doobiewah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona
Age: 63
Posts: 130
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Not normal....agree with others...under warranty...take it in...even if they say they can't duplicate it, you have it documented.
Doobiewah is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 11:58 PM
  #8  
Summer is Coming
 
Rocket_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,764
Thanked 576 Times in 339 Posts
I'd ask them to flush the transmission and get new fluid in it.
Rocket_man is offline  
Old 12-16-2016, 09:52 AM
  #9  
Registered Member
 
Joe Las Vegas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Age: 49
Posts: 580
Thanked 47 Times in 37 Posts
So, did you take it to the dealer, did they fix it?
Joe Las Vegas is offline  
Old 12-17-2016, 10:40 AM
  #10  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 50
Posts: 636
Thanks: 0
Thanked 53 Times in 46 Posts
Don't you hate it when folks don't update their own threads???
chickdr is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to chickdr For This Useful Post:
Doobiewah (12-17-2016)
Old 12-19-2016, 09:38 PM
  #11  
2014 RDX AWD Tech
 
Comfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: WV
Posts: 1,538
Thanked 157 Times in 142 Posts
Cut him some slack man. He may be really busy and hasn't been to the dealer at all, or may be not an Acurazine addict like us. .
I figure he will give us an update in a couple of months.
Comfy is offline  
Old 09-30-2018, 03:58 AM
  #12  
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Age: 49
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation I too have same problem with my 2017 RDX

I was reading this post online after encountering same kind of issues on my 2017 RDX. Around 20-25 mph, the car slightly hesitates to go into 3rd gear I believe and jerked
This happened tonight, and at first I thought it was road bump, but then it happened every time I accelerated.
Also I saw the RPM at around 2500 range during highway cruising speed of 65-70, normally wouldn't it be around 2000 RPM?
I can attest to what others are experiencing.
I am going to report this to my dealer soon.
highflier9 is offline  
Old 10-02-2018, 01:43 PM
  #13  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 217
Thanked 48 Times in 32 Posts
A trans flush might clear this situation. I had it on an earlier Acura. Dealer flushed three times before it cleared up.
R. White is offline  
Old 10-08-2018, 10:19 PM
  #14  
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Age: 55
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Same situation with my 2017 RDX. The problem started about 4 days ago. I am bringing the car in for service tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, Rallye Acura is short on loaner cars so the manager is driving me to work and then picking me up. My car jerks when I accelerate but no warning lights go on.
Sallyd is offline  
Old 10-09-2018, 06:18 PM
  #15  
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Age: 55
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Here is what happened. Acura updated a transmission software program for the 2017 RDX. My 2017 needed the software update. They claim I won't have any transmission problems moving forward.
Sallyd is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Sallyd For This Useful Post:
auskip07 (10-19-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 11:29 PM
  #16  
2014 RDX AWD Tech
 
Comfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: WV
Posts: 1,538
Thanked 157 Times in 142 Posts
Originally Posted by Sallyd View Post
Here is what happened. Acura updated a transmission software program for the 2017 RDX. My 2017 needed the software update. They claim I won't have any transmission problems moving forward.
Thank you. So glad that at least one person reported an actual solution.
Comfy is offline  
Old 11-17-2018, 08:24 AM
  #17  
Andrew
iTrader: (1)
 
VisualEchos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,412
Thanked 505 Times in 299 Posts
I recently had this problem, at literally 49,100 miles the trans started slipping in high gear on the highway, a few hundred rpm's. I was on a trip, so I thought I'd just deal with it when I got home, then on the way back it started slipping in one of the lower gears. I took it in and they did a reflash (holds the car in gear longer), and replaced the fluid. They said that the fluid fixes 90% of the problem, and the reflash the other 10%. No problems since.

BUT, they REALLY made me mad when they acted like they did me a favor, since I showed up with 50,019 on the car. Acura is poor, and their service sucks. I'll end up with a Lexus for sure.
VisualEchos is offline  
Old 11-17-2018, 08:56 PM
  #18  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Age: 42
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
You would think Acura dealership experience is a notch above Honda, but it sucks just as bad.

Did they do a 3 time fill and flush? If not $160 is quite steep for ATF change.
Base2014RDX is offline  
Old 11-18-2018, 04:50 AM
  #19  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 50
Posts: 636
Thanks: 0
Thanked 53 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by VisualEchos View Post
I recently had this problem, at literally 49,100 miles the trans started slipping in high gear on the highway, a few hundred rpm's. I was on a trip, so I thought I'd just deal with it when I got home, then on the way back it started slipping in one of the lower gears. I took it in and they did a reflash (holds the car in gear longer), and replaced the fluid. They said that the fluid fixes 90% of the problem, and the reflash the other 10%. No problems since.

BUT, they REALLY made me mad when they acted like they did me a favor, since I showed up with 50,019 on the car. Acura is poor, and their service sucks. I'll end up with a Lexus for sure.
Your power train warranty goes to 70k. Not sure how they thought they did you a favor.
chickdr is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
gavriil
Automotive News
5048
02-06-2019 10:59 PM
EE4Life
Second Generation NSX (2017+)
2
12-04-2018 10:14 AM
EE4Life
Second Generation NSX (2017+)
0
07-14-2016 08:36 PM
EE4Life
Fifth Generation TLX (2015+)
24
06-17-2015 09:38 PM
csmeance
Second Generation RL (2005-2012)
0
08-26-2010 03:13 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 acura rdx Transmission slipping


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.