AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G RDX (2013-2018) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rdx-2013-2018-404/)
-   -   2016 Model Year Changes (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rdx-2013-2018-404/2016-model-year-changes-922379/)

cr872190 12-04-2014 02:58 PM

2016 Model Year Changes

Hi All,

Trying to decide between the TLX and RDX, would really love to go for the RDX but the look and tech are a little old. There had been rumours that a cosmetic/interior/engine refresh was coming for the 2016 model year. But they released the new V6 with the MY2015 and didn't do much else. Does anyone still think we could see Jewel Eye/new interior for next year?

Also when does Acura usually release the next model year for the RDX, is it in the Spring or Summer?

Cheers.

justnspace 12-04-2014 03:04 PM

the 2015 wasnt a mid model change or refresh.
the '16 will be a MMC.
and you can look for it in the fall of 2015.

McMilli501 12-04-2014 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 15257653)
the '16 will be a MMC.

Truth

hondu 12-05-2014 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 15257653)
the '16 will be a MMC.

I thought the RDX was on an earlier cycle, so we would probably see it late Spring/mid-Summer? Didn't the 2013 come out in the Spring?

bovicious 12-05-2014 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by hondu (Post 15258422)
I thought the RDX was on an earlier cycle, so we would probably see it late Spring/mid-Summer? Didn't the 2013 come out in the Spring?

Yes...the RDX was initially released in late May early June so they stuck with the early model year release each year after...The 2016 will follow the same time frame i.e. this coming may/june...

The changes to the RDX are going to add "jewel eye" LED headlights (there, ya happy?) lol...power lift gate as standard on non tech package, dual screen setup inside, Blind spot monitoring, adding an advance package like the MDX minus the rear entertainment and a few other minor changes...they're trying to keep it competitive with all the other midsized/smaller luxury cuv's (x3 and q5 mainly)

Rocket_man 12-06-2014 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by bovicious (Post 15259629)
Yes...the RDX was initially released in late May early June so they stuck with the early model year release each year after...The 2016 will follow the same time frame i.e. this coming may/june...

The changes to the RDX are going to add "jewel eye" LED headlights (there, ya happy?) lol...power lift gate as standard on non tech package, dual screen setup inside, Blind spot monitoring, adding an advance package like the MDX minus the rear entertainment and a few other minor changes...they're trying to keep it competitive with all the other midsized/smaller luxury cuv's (x3 and q5 mainly)

Hopefully this includes the ventilated seats and the addition of passenger seat height adjustment.

The RDX/Advance would be about the only reason I wouldn't buy the TLX/Advance. Not sure if I can wait until May though.. new car fever is bad.

mrgold35 12-07-2014 08:36 AM

I'm getting the urge to replace my 08 RDX soon. Waiting also to see what is offered on the RDX Adv version. I really hate my manual passenger side seat in my current RDX because at 6'3" it feels like I'm pinned between the dash with my knees and headliner. I actually have more room and comfort in the driver seat of the RDX compared to my TSX/MDX. No 6-way on RDX Adv and I will have to scratch it off the list and move toward TLX, RLX or even a used ZDX.

MisterZDX 12-07-2014 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by mrgold35 (Post 15260503)
No 6-way on RDX Adv and I will have to scratch it off the list and move toward TLX, RLX or even a used ZDX.

I vote for the ZDX for obvious reasons.

bovicious 12-08-2014 09:56 PM

I'm getting the urge to replace my 08 RDX soon. Waiting also to see what is offered on the RDX Adv version. I really hate my manual passenger side seat in my current RDX because at 6'3" it feels like I'm pinned between the dash with my knees and headliner. I actually have more room and comfort in the driver seat of the RDX compared to my TSX/MDX. No 6-way on RDX Adv and I will have to scratch it off the list and move toward TLX, RLX or even a used ZDX.

RDX advance package will have everything offered on the MDX advance minus the rear entertainment

silverTL6 12-09-2014 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by cr872190
But they released the new V6 with the MY2015 and didn't do much else.

Am I missing something? Looks like the same V6 it's had since 2013:

2015 Acura RDX | Specifications | Acura.com

guytdt 12-09-2014 11:31 AM

Love jewel eyes. If they put BSM and jewel eyes on 2016 RDX, I will trade in. If not, I will get new Murano or Santa Fe which have double the numbers of features on RDX

Timmy18 12-09-2014 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by guytdt (Post 15263103)
Love jewel eyes. If they put BSM and jewel eyes on 2016 RDX, I will trade in. If not, I will get new Murano or Santa Fe which have double the numbers of features on RDX

Our '14 Sante Fe 2.0T Sport with the Navi/ Tech packages (almost loaded) has way more style detail and tech features than any RDX. It's pathetic and Acura better get it together.

If we get what the ILX MMC got on the RDX then everything will be ok. But wow is the RDX bare bones and plain... :ugh:

bsprinker 12-12-2014 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Timmy18 (Post 15263338)

If we get what the ILX MMC got on the RDX then everything will be ok. But wow is the RDX bare bones and plain... :ugh:

I can't imagine Acura making all the updates to the ILX and not including those updates on the RDX as well. I imagine they made so many updates to the ILX as they did because they planned on spreading the cost over both the ILX and the RDX....not to mention spreading it over the CRV too (because the 2015 CRV already received a lot of these enhancements to some degree). The 2016 RDX should be at least adequate as far as updates compared to it's competition.

I'd be shocked if the '16 RDX didn't get ALL of the same upgrades as the ILX.

terpfan29 12-30-2014 09:59 PM

Hi my mother is looking to get a new car to replace her aging 2000 honda odyssey. We went and looked/test drove the 15 RDX and 14/15 CRV. She has the ability with having access to my brothers car to wait it our for 2016 RDX. Anyway originally we were leaning towards the CRV because the RDX lacks the safety features of the touring CRV, but after driving both my mom and I both agreed the Acura was superior in drive quality, and of course fit and finish. We got an offer for the tech package AWD RDX of approx $36k plus tax and tags plus 0.9% APR financing. So I'm wondering whether the upgrades to the 2016 will be worth the roughly $5000 price difference plus perhaps a worse financing offer. That's of course assuming an AWD top of the line RDX costs about $42k with very little room to negotiate. Thanks!

weather 12-31-2014 03:26 PM

^^ It really depends on whether your mom really wants those features. If they are not necessary, then take advantage of better offer. Only she can assess the need of these.

joebxr 12-31-2014 04:47 PM

If she would rather not wait, and I understand the need/desire for the safety features, take a serious look at Lexus NX. It is more money, but it also had more features and quality expected. I couldn't wait for NX release, so opted for the RDX. Not sorry, but really would have liked all the true TECH features/safety features of the NX. Might be considering a trade next year. I don't have a lot of confidence that 2016 RDX will be much different than current model.

Reed McMullan 01-03-2015 04:25 PM

Confirmed on Website

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...5fbe51930a.png

The first sentence confirms the RDX will get the Jewel Eye LED headlights- the only modern Acura (besides ILX, which is now updated, but won't go on sale for awhile) w/o Jewel Eye's.

PSUMike 01-04-2015 01:06 PM

terpfan29 - Does that 36k price for the AWD Tech RDX include destination charges of $895? I have similar offers from 2 dealers however their offered prices don't include destination. If the 36k includes destination, would you mind providing the dealership? Given your username where may both be in the MD area.

pittdoc 01-04-2015 01:18 PM

if its possible, I would wait for the 2016 to compare...we have been in the q5, x3, nx, rdx, xc60 etc market....I needed to buy something last year, so I hedged and bought a used 2012 q5 with higher miles...the cpo 100k warranty will be up next year and I will be back in the market....by that time

1) we will know the RDX changes
2) see how the new v4 xc60 engines are received
3) how the NX has been received

I believe this is a great segment, but need one more year to see how these refreshed/new products pan out

ottoman101 01-05-2015 03:35 PM

I had an 07' RDX that I traded for the 13' RDX, and I've been beating myself up about it ever since. IMO your current RDX is more solid, and orders of magnitude more fun to drive than the current one. The only added features are power lift gate, push button start, and Ipod integration. And the power passenger seat doesn't move up and down, only forward and backward. The 2016's might get more bells and whistles, but still wont handle as well as the 1st generation. If you're looking for a step up from you current RDX, IMO the new RDX is not it.

guytdt 01-07-2015 11:08 PM

Finally info about 2016 RDX is out there under future vehicles. So when did they list it on the website?
Other than jewel eyes, it quite difficult to see interior change, look like a mouse pad right next to shift gear?

Rocket_man 01-08-2015 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by guytdt (Post 15291240)
Finally info about 2016 RDX is out there under future vehicles. So when did they list it on the website?
Other than jewel eyes, it quite difficult to see interior change, look like a mouse pad right next to shift gear?

I don't see it. I see the 16 ILX and some hints of the NSX, but no RDX.

Joe Las Vegas 01-08-2015 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Rocket_man (Post 15291267)
I don't see it. I see the 16 ILX and some hints of the NSX, but no RDX.

Same here.

mrgold35 01-08-2015 09:35 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I found this pic on these websites; but, I don't know if it is 100% the MMC RDX or a new sub-model to the RDX based on the Honda HRV dressed up in Acura clothing?

2016 Acura RDX Updates - 2015 New Car Models | Carfaster.Com

The Temple of VTEC - Honda and Acura Enthusiasts Online Forums > Photoshops > > Re: Screw the SUV-X (but not it's grill) I want the Acura Vezel!

Attachment 73527

Attachment 73528

Attachment 73529

Attachment 73530

wildeklave 01-08-2015 10:28 AM

correct me if I am wrong but I think a lot of the pics posted by Hondatalover are photoshopped simulations of what a future vehicle may look like. These look like Acura versions of the upcoming Honda HRV.

geocord 01-08-2015 12:10 PM

Yeah, definitely not the MMC RDX. Haven't heard anything about a smaller Acura crossover but it's certainly a distinct possibility. Looks like Lexus is making the new RX a 3 row to compete with MDX now that they have the NX to compete with the RDX. Maybe Honda/Acura should wait on that and see if they can get some sales out of the ILX first. I think now that they have upgraded the standard engine and added a lot of bells and whistles to the ILX, it may just sell a lot better.

guytdt 01-08-2015 01:29 PM

Ughh! I saw that last mid-night while surfing on my ipad. I don't think I'm dreaming. Are they test water their website of some sort? Should take a screen shot last night.

wildeklave 01-08-2015 02:45 PM

maybe they will update it for or after the Detroit Auto Show next week

bsprinker 01-09-2015 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by wildeklave (Post 15291994)
maybe they will update it for or after the Detroit Auto Show next week

I was also wondering if there was any chance of a version of the MMC RDX making an appearance at the Detroit Auto Show....Has anyone heard anything along those lines?

I assumed that the 2016 ILX would be at Detroit (since it's already on the Acura website), but was also hoping the RDX would be there too.:wish:

wildeklave 01-09-2015 11:06 AM

I doubt the RDX will be highlighted in Detroit. The push seems to be the ILX and NSX for Detroit. The RDX new model year has coincided with the NY Auto show the prior couple of years. They may update the site with a teaser for the RDX MMC but in true Honda fashion I think details will be lacking.

geocord 01-09-2015 02:58 PM

The Chicago Auto Show(mid Feb.) has often showcased a new model or major upgrade for Acura in the past. They will call it a concept but it will be 99.9% complete and then they put it on a pedestal so you can't get too close or see in it very well. That's what they did in the past with the RDX and ILX "concepts" just a couple of months before they went on sale if I remember correctly.

beach109 01-13-2015 08:58 AM

Higher price, but also 2-3x more model trim levels, etc. to be expected along with new colors. Will be a lot of new features yet to be announced, but also bump up the price across the board to match.

Expect to see more later in the spring closer to real world introduction, since it's a mid-cyle change.

Joe Las Vegas 01-14-2015 01:13 AM

Looks like a ZDX, I hate that thing anyway, no visibility, no cargo space, I guess we all have to wait for a real release of the 2016 RDX, because so far there's nothing concrete out there.

justnspace 01-14-2015 07:00 AM

^the photos with the watermark "Hondatalover" are photoshopped.

also, the HHV will debut as a smaller crossover than the CRV. as it already released in China

probably not the RDX

ceb 01-14-2015 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Joe Las Vegas (Post 15298172)
Looks like a ZDX, I hate that thing anyway, no visibility, no cargo space, I guess we all have to wait for a real release of the 2016 RDX, because so far there's nothing concrete out there.

Which is exactly what I've been saying for months. Honda/Acura NEVER allows info on mid cycle changes to be publicized and virually every rumor is wrong.

OTOH, if you throw enough rumors around then a few of them are bound to be true. Not even the assumption that the ILX changes may carry over to the RDX are necessarily true. The ILX is Acura's Cimarron and significant changes were needed to generate sales and differentiate it from the Civic. The RDX is a good seller and fewer changes are needed to keep it relevant - remember that outside of the enthusiast community, few would compare the CR-V to an RDX.

wildeklave 01-14-2015 08:03 AM

in Detroit Acura only released info on the NSX. The MMC ILX should be hitting showrooms shortly.

My guess is the RDX will release info around the time of the NY show. Since there is no other new Acura vehicle or redesign coming this year it makes sense for the RDX MMC to be main Acura item in NY with the HRV being Honda's big release.

rbreeze 01-15-2015 02:39 PM

Hi All, newbie here.

I just learned today, by way of the Acura Canada website, that the refreshed 2016 RDX will be revealed at the 2015 Canadian International Auto Show, which will be happening in Toronto next month (Feb. 13 - 22). Here's the link to the specific Acura Canada webpage that mentions the upcoming reveal: Acura Canada

According to the local Acura dealer the 2016 RDX will include (but not be limited to) the following changes/additions:
Blind spot indicators, lane keep assist, collision mitigation system, low speed follow, 8 way adjustable passenger seat. Other changes will include a new front bumper, jewel eye headlights, new wheels, interior trim upgrades.

I plan to attend the auto show in Toronto next month and I will post some photos here of the refreshed '16 RDX shortly after I take them.

Cheers
/R

Joe Las Vegas 01-15-2015 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by rbreeze (Post 15300416)
Hi All, newbie here.

I just learned today, by way of the Acura Canada website, that the refreshed 2016 RDX will be revealed at the 2015 Canadian International Auto Show, which will be happening in Toronto next month (Feb. 13 - 22). Here's the link to the specific Acura Canada webpage that mentions the upcoming reveal: Acura Canada

According to the local Acura dealer the 2016 RDX will include (but not be limited to) the following changes/additions:
Blind spot indicators, lane keep assist, collision mitigation system, low speed follow, 8 way adjustable passenger seat. Other changes will include a new front bumper, jewel eye headlights, new wheels, interior trim upgrades.

I plan to attend the auto show in Toronto next month and I will post some photos here of the refreshed '16 RDX shortly after I take them.

Cheers
/R

Can't wait.
No powertrain changes?

rbreeze 01-15-2015 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Las Vegas (Post 15300522)
Can't wait.
No powertrain changes?

^ The dealer didn't mention powertrain changes, but did admit he didn't have the full list of changes.
The 2016 "refresh" that Acura is carrying out on the RDX looks to be quite a major one - certainly not your average minor model update.

geocord 01-15-2015 08:24 PM

Those dates roughly mirror the dates of the Chicago Auto Show. If the above is true, they will probably show the U.S. version there as well.