AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G RDX (2013-2018) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rdx-2013-2018-404/)
-   -   2015 RDX - ABS, VSA, brake, power steering, hill assist messages (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rdx-2013-2018-404/2015-rdx-abs-vsa-brake-power-steering-hill-assist-messages-975259/)

ayeshalynn13 11-29-2018 08:37 PM

2015 RDX - ABS, VSA, brake, power steering, hill assist messages

My car wouldn’t start a couple days ago so I checked the battery. The positive connection was very eroded. We cleaned it up and had to jump start it since my battery had died. 3 days later (today) I was on my way to work and all the lights came on for Check ABS, VSA, AWD, brake system, hill assist and a couple others. I took it into my local shop and these messages didn’t come on for them (of course) but ended up coming on when I drove off. Would these messages have anything to do with my dead battery? If I replace the batter will they go away? I called my dealership and they want $159 plus tax just to look it over and see what the problem is even though my warranty is still good. The really sucky thing is that the dealership is 3 hours away. Thank you for any help!

Oh and also, my local shop Did a diagnostics test and the only message that came up said “Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Installation Error.” Is this something I should be worried about?

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...15a003845.jpeg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...ed4bb14a2.jpeg

Poolman 12-02-2018 04:17 PM

Had this very thing come up not long ago on my 2015 model. Read somewhere that the bat can cause such as this. Figuring that I had the stock bat in the car and it was 3 years old, I bought a new one. Lights have not come back. Don't know if this helps ya or not, but in my case ,,problems solved.

ayeshalynn13 12-02-2018 10:59 PM

Thanks you for that info. I will try that!

samiam_68 01-21-2020 08:03 PM

Ayeshalynn - did you ever figure out what this was and did the errors ever come back? I just had that happen on my 2015, and my battery is less than a year old and cranks fine, even in very cold weather. The error codes went away after a restart, but not sure if I need to call the dealer.

Kamal Mohandas Saina 04-28-2021 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by samiam_68 (Post 16529600)
Ayeshalynn - did you ever figure out what this was and did the errors ever come back? I just had that happen on my 2015, and my battery is less than a year old and cranks fine, even in very cold weather. The error codes went away after a restart, but not sure if I need to call the dealer.

Did you find out what was causing the issues ?

samiam_68 04-28-2021 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kamal Mohandas Saina (Post 16714866)
Did you find out what was causing the issues ?

Nope. Still a mystery, but it hasn't happened again, so, going to just leave it alone.

Kamal Mohandas Saina 04-28-2021 03:28 PM

Where you able to fix this issue ? I have the Exact same issue. Thanks in advance

samiam_68 04-28-2021 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kamal Mohandas Saina (Post 16714876)
Where you able to fix this issue ? I have the Exact same issue. Thanks in advance

No, there was nothing to fix. Just restarted the car and it never happened again.

jime 04-29-2021 07:36 AM

I had similar problems with my 2014 RDX and the car would not start. I thought I had electronic issues but I was able to charge the battery enough to get it started and took it to the dealer. The Service Department Representative told me that it was symtoms of a weak battery and to replace the battery. That fixed the problem.

fcostantini 04-29-2021 02:11 PM

For those with 2016 and 2017 models, the alternator's connection to the battery can become loose and cause these symptoms. See RDX TSB 18-004, "Flickering Lights, Multiple Indicators Coming On, Jerky Steering
and/or Voltage-Related Fluctuations".

Frank

NBP04TL4ME 04-29-2021 03:55 PM

Weak batteries and/or bad electrical connections have been known to cause all sorts of warning lights/indicators across the Acura model line up and various generations.
  • Check that you have solid tight battery terminal connections and also ground connection.
    • Over time the connections can loosen and have even seen connection clamps stretch and no longer fit properly.
    • We had an 07 MDX and randomly wouldn't start. Ultimately found that one of the battery clamps somehow had stretched and no matter how tightly we closed the clamp it would not hold. I split the cost with the dealer as I was recently out of warranty.
  • Next feel the battery cables themselves along the full length.
    • There are cases where they have internally corroded and not be able to deliver the proper current to the vehicle.
  • I personally have had good luck with Acura OEM batteries but there are plenty of folks who will tell you they are garbage and need to be replaced after 2 or 3 years.
Hope this helps.

egads 05-02-2021 12:05 AM

You can get little lead caps called battery shims to help a degraded clamp hold tight. Otherwise, it is best to replace the whole cable. The days of hacking off the clamp and putting one of those replacements on are over.
They just do mot make a good enough connection for a modern electronic automobile. The shims are dirt cheap, like less than $3.00, unlike the cable assembly $$$.