2015 or 2016 RDX?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 12:42 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 or 2016 RDX?

Fortunately, I found this forum and this is my first post.

I am in a real predicament and need advice!

I live in Ft. Lauderdale and drove to Philadelphia PA, where I still am, to visit friends. Three weeks ago I was hit from behind and my car was totaled. I am in the process of settling the claim with the at fault drivers insurance company.

I would like to purchase an SUV and have been looking online at the 2015 and 2016 RDXs. Researching vehicles are not my forte, not to mention in these very difficult times. From what I can tell, the 2014 and 2015 RDX were nearly identical and the RDX had a facelift for 2016. Please correct me if I am wrong.

It seems that the 2016's from a dealer, run in the general area of $22,000 to $23,500, more if it is "Certified Pre-Owned", and it seems to add about $1,000 for the Technology Package. Most of have miles up to around 40,000. I also see some with FWD and some AWD which adds to the confusion (I do not think I need AWD in Florida (rain?), but I can't figure out how much that adds in cost). If these price ranges are correct, it is a bit over my budget.

It appears that the 2015's run approximately $4,000 to $5,000 less than the 2016's. I am assuming the primary reason for this is because of the facelift for 2016. I also briefly looked for 2014's and am not finding any "Certified Pre-Owned" (it does not have to be), not seemingly because of the mileage, but I gather 2014 goes back too far for a dealer to be able to sell it "Certified Pre-Owned". Again, please feel free to correct me.

While it certainly is easiest if I bought a vehicle in Philadelphia and drove back home to Florida, I am concerned about purchasing a vehicle that has been exposed to roads that were salted. I understand that cars tend to start rusting after 4 or 5 years in Philadelphia. Alternatively, I need to be in Dallas and I can look there. I would think that in Dallas, like Florida, I may find an RDX that would have a few more miles than Philadelphia, but they would be highway miles, and not exposed to the salted roads.

Anyhow, as you can imagine, I have a lot of anxiety and do not know which way to turn! If you can me ideas on a good year, AWD or not, Technology package or not, and a general range what I should expect to pay that would just be fantastic. Also, do I buy the vehicle in Philadelphia, Dallas or Florida? All have conveniences and inconveniences.

Thanks so much!

Anovice

Old 09-23-2018, 04:43 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Anovice
Fortunately, I found this forum and this is my first post.

I am in a real predicament and need advice!

I live in Ft. Lauderdale and drove to Philadelphia PA, where I still am, to visit friends. Three weeks ago I was hit from behind and my car was totaled. I am in the process of settling the claim with the at fault drivers insurance company.

I would like to purchase an SUV and have been looking online at the 2015 and 2016 RDXs. Researching vehicles are not my forte, not to mention in these very difficult times. From what I can tell, the 2014 and 2015 RDX were nearly identical and the RDX had a facelift for 2016. Please correct me if I am wrong.

It seems that the 2016's from a dealer, run in the general area of $22,000 to $23,500, more if it is "Certified Pre-Owned", and it seems to add about $1,000 for the Technology Package. Most of have miles up to around 40,000. I also see some with FWD and some AWD which adds to the confusion (I do not think I need AWD in Florida (rain?), but I can't figure out how much that adds in cost). If these price ranges are correct, it is a bit over my budget.

It appears that the 2015's run approximately $4,000 to $5,000 less than the 2016's. I am assuming the primary reason for this is because of the facelift for 2016. I also briefly looked for 2014's and am not finding any "Certified Pre-Owned" (it does not have to be), not seemingly because of the mileage, but I gather 2014 goes back too far for a dealer to be able to sell it "Certified Pre-Owned". Again, please feel free to correct me.

While it certainly is easiest if I bought a vehicle in Philadelphia and drove back home to Florida, I am concerned about purchasing a vehicle that has been exposed to roads that were salted. I understand that cars tend to start rusting after 4 or 5 years in Philadelphia. Alternatively, I need to be in Dallas and I can look there. I would think that in Dallas, like Florida, I may find an RDX that would have a few more miles than Philadelphia, but they would be highway miles, and not exposed to the salted roads.

Anyhow, as you can imagine, I have a lot of anxiety and do not know which way to turn! If you can me ideas on a good year, AWD or not, Technology package or not, and a general range what I should expect to pay that would just be fantastic. Also, do I buy the vehicle in Philadelphia, Dallas or Florida? All have conveniences and inconveniences.

Thanks so much!

Anovice
If you can swing it I would definitely go for the 2016 over a 2015. Also, I would look for CPO. The 2016 is a mid cycle refresh with all new very bright LED headlights, refreshed LED taillights, and the AWD is also refreshed and improved for 2016. PS. AWD isn’t just for snow but also helps in rain and all types of traction situations. Just an FYI the 2013-2015 RDXs are all pretty much identical. As well, the 2016-2018 RDXs are also pretty much identical.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:29 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Carbon2008RDX
If you can swing it I would definitely go for the 2016 over a 2015. Also, I would look for CPO. The 2016 is a mid cycle refresh with all new very bright LED headlights, refreshed LED taillights, and the AWD is also refreshed and improved for 2016. PS. AWD isn’t just for snow but also helps in rain and all types of traction situations. Just an FYI the 2013-2015 RDXs are all pretty much identical. As well, the 2016-2018 RDXs are also pretty much identical.
Carbon2008RDX,

Thanks for your post.

I need to make a purchase fairly soon and being that I hold onto a vehicle as long as I can, I need to get this right!

Since I came to this board for advice, I am going to follow it. I will look at 2016's first as your reasoning makes sense and thank you for the clarity on the AWD. That too makes sense. Any other options on a 2016 that I should be thinking about if affordable?

I assume CPO means Certified Pre-Owned. Being that I will not trust the dealership and especially if I do not purchase the car in Florida (home), how can I know about the warranty that comes along with this?

Hopefully someone will be able to give me direction on a general price range for a 2016 Certified Pre-Owned and thoughts about purchasing it in Philadelphia (salted roads), Dallas or the Lauderdale area. Carbon2008RDX, I see you are from Connecticut. Any issues with rust because of the salt on the roads?

Anovice
Old 09-23-2018, 08:05 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Carbon2008RDX,

Thanks for your post.

I need to make a purchase fairly soon and being that I hold onto a vehicle as long as I can, I need to get this right!

Since I came to this board for advice, I am going to follow it. I will look at 2016's first as your reasoning makes sense and thank you for the clarity on the AWD. That too makes sense. Any other options on a 2016 that I should be thinking about if affordable?

I assume CPO means Certified Pre-Owned. Being that I will not trust the dealership and especially if I do not purchase the car in Florida (home), how can I know about the warranty that comes along with this?

Hopefully someone will be able to give me direction on a general price range for a 2016 Certified Pre-Owned and thoughts about purchasing it in Philadelphia (salted roads), Dallas or the Lauderdale area. Carbon2008RDX, I see you are from Connecticut. Any issues with rust because of the salt on the roads?

Anovice
I agree with Carbon here 100%. I recently purchased a CPO 2017 RDX Advance. I will share some of the things that helped me make my decision.

2016 is a big upgrade over 2015. I would also support the Tech option. If you can find an Advance package within $1k of the Tech price, I would consider it, as the ventilated seats would be very nice in Florida, as well as the remote start (car is cool by the time you get to it). I live in CA, so deal with similar temps.

CPO is a great option, as the warranty is honored at all Acura dealerships. Doesn't matter where you bought it - the dealership near your home will honor the warranty as if you bought the vehicle there. You get a warranty card in the mail from Acura that shows the dates of the coverage, and you can bring this to any appointment to confirm your existing warranty.

I went with FWD, but SH-AWD is a superior driving experience. Considering I do not need the all-weather capabilities, I preferred to put the money into going the Advance package route. I saw about a $1k premium for SH-AWD, when comparing pricing.

You can search all CPO Acura's near you using this link:
https://www.acuracertified.com/vehicle-search#!/search

I found a vehicle I liked through that search engine, spent a couple of days negotiating a price, sent all my docs via email, and was in/out of the dealership in the vehicle within an hour (including the time it took to do my trade-in).

Hope that input proves helpful. Let us know where you end up!
Old 09-23-2018, 08:37 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Originally Posted by SandwichViking
I agree with Carbon here 100%. I recently purchased a CPO 2017 RDX Advance. I will share some of the things that helped me make my decision.

2016 is a big upgrade over 2015. I would also support the Tech option. If you can find an Advance package within $1k of the Tech price, I would consider it, as the ventilated seats would be very nice in Florida, as well as the remote start (car is cool by the time you get to it). I live in CA, so deal with similar temps.

CPO is a great option, as the warranty is honored at all Acura dealerships. Doesn't matter where you bought it - the dealership near your home will honor the warranty as if you bought the vehicle there. You get a warranty card in the mail from Acura that shows the dates of the coverage, and you can bring this to any appointment to confirm your existing warranty.

I went with FWD, but SH-AWD is a superior driving experience. Considering I do not need the all-weather capabilities, I preferred to put the money into going the Advance package route. I saw about a $1k premium for SH-AWD, when comparing pricing.

You can search all CPO Acura's near you using this link:
https://www.acuracertified.com/vehicle-search#!/search

I found a vehicle I liked through that search engine, spent a couple of days negotiating a price, sent all my docs via email, and was in/out of the dealership in the vehicle within an hour (including the time it took to do my trade-in).

Hope that input proves helpful. Let us know where you end up!
SandwichViking, Thanks for supporting my opinion but I just wanted to clear the air as the 2016 to 2018 RDXs do NOT have SH-AWD but rather standard AWD. With that said, like I mentioned earlier the AWD is better in the 2016 vs 2015.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:39 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Carbon2008RDX,

Thanks for your post.

Anovice
Anovice, Yes, CPO is Certified Pre-Owned. Also forgot to mention another difference between 2015 and 2016 is that the 2016 got a small boost in HP and Torque but more importantly a more linear power band. And, the cylinder deactivation was improved as the 2015 would be 6 to 4 to 3 cylinders. The 2016 just goes from 6 to 3 making it a bit smoother. Yes, I’m in CT and have been through many winters. I had a 2008 RDX that saw 7 winters of road salt, etc, and when I traded it in on my now current 2016 RDX it was mint. No signs of rust or wear and tear anywhere. Granted, I keep my cars garaged year round and will wash them as needed after being covered in winter road grime, etc.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:14 PM
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts
The one advantage the 15 will have over the 16 is a better center infotainment stack. The 16s had the awful dual screen setup, while the 15s come with a much simpler center stack with one screen and physical buttons. Oh, and 4-5000 dollars .
Old 09-23-2018, 09:51 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Originally Posted by samiam_68
The one advantage the 15 will have over the 16 is a better center infotainment stack. The 16s had the awful dual screen setup, while the 15s come with a much simpler center stack with one screen and physical buttons. Oh, and 4-5000 dollars .
Samiam_68, I have a 2016 RDX Advance which obviously has the dual screen setup. TBH I really don't mind it and am quite used to it now. Granted, It could use a boost in speed as it is a little sluggish especially on startup.

On another thought, if you get the Advance the ELS stereo is outstanding! And the sound quality can be significantly improved by turning off the ANC.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:00 AM
Advanced

Great information. Thanks you very much!

Towards the end of this week I will have some time to look in the Philadelphia area. Carbon2008RDX, thanks for the CPO link. Are there other websites to look for a CPO? What about websites for non-CPO, at least for me to compare prices?

Hopefully someone with pricing experience will post. It would be great to know how much I should pay for a 2016 within a few hundred dollars.

Anovice
Old 09-24-2018, 10:29 AM
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts
Just a thought for you. I bought a '16 RDX advance new (wife's birthday present). If you are dead set on he RDX I would tell you to go for the '16. But if you're not dead set on the RDX I would suggest you look at some other manufacturers. I'll get roasted for this, but I'm just being honest. You can find better SUVs for less money. With the RDX you will be needing a transmission flush at 60k miles - some other manufacturers use lifetime transmission fluid that never has to be changed. With the RDX you will be changing the timing belt (and water pump, etc) most likely around 100k miles - maybe $900-$1000 job. Other manufacturers use timing chains that do not need to be changed. Other manufacturers offer options that are not available on the RDX - often as standard equipment. Additionally, if you buy the car out of state and register it in Florida (I live in Volusia County) you will be paying a $500 impact fee when you register the car. Just food for thought..... now let the roasting begin.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:37 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by snorf
Just a thought for you. I bought a '16 RDX advance new (wife's birthday present). If you are dead set on he RDX I would tell you to go for the '16. But if you're not dead set on the RDX I would suggest you look at some other manufacturers. I'll get roasted for this, but I'm just being honest. You can find better SUVs for less money. With the RDX you will be needing a transmission flush at 60k miles - some other manufacturers use lifetime transmission fluid that never has to be changed. With the RDX you will be changing the timing belt (and water pump, etc) most likely around 100k miles - maybe $900-$1000 job. Other manufacturers use timing chains that do not need to be changed. Other manufacturers offer options that are not available on the RDX - often as standard equipment. Additionally, if you buy the car out of state and register it in Florida (I live in Volusia County) you will be paying a $500 impact fee when you register the car. Just food for thought..... now let the roasting begin.
Snorf,

Thank you for your post.

Transparency is a good thing and I certainly apprecite it.

We are pretty much neighbors. I live in Vero Beach (Indian River County). I know someone with Broward County Auto Tag and Title Information Center who I just spoke with. In the old days when you purchased a new vehicle, the state called it an "Impact Fee". Now it goes by an initial registration fee for a new car.

However, this does not pertain to me. First, I will not be purchasing a new vehicle. More importantly, I have 1-year remaining on my current registration (September 2017, I renewed for 2-years). If I purchase a used car in Florida, she said that it will cost me + - $80 to transfer the title from my totaled vehicle to the used one that I buy. If I purchase in Pennsylvania, I can easily do this by mail, and it will cost me + - $95.60 to transfer the title.

I am not married to an Acura, albeit, coming out of an Infiniti car, I thought another Japanese brand would be good. In any earlier post I mentioned that I might purchase a vehicle in Dallas. My good friend's husband is a real car nut and he steered me away from Nissan/Infiniti (he still has his 2004 Infiniti). He got away from Nissan/Infiniti because of the "CVT transmission" they started using approx 2005. He now favours Lexus becuse their transmissions still have gears.

I will send you a private message (so you do not get roasted) to get your thoughts. As I just registered for this board, I am not familiar with the functions. If I you do not receive a message from me, please send me one.

Anovice
Old 09-24-2018, 02:42 PM
Racer

I sent you a PM with my thoughts. Good luck.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:39 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Once you guys have finished your conversation over roasted chicken , please let us know what you decided upon.
Having said that, the 2G RDX is a great car to have as a general all rounder. I still have my 2014 tech and it is my favorite among my other cars.
When I was searching for an SUV I test drove plenty of regular and luxury cars, the RDX which initially wasn’t even in my thoughts came on top. It has that smooth, quiet ride, and powerful V6 engine. A lot of mainstream SUVs will offer more “features “ for the money, if that’s what you’re looking for. Even though it is very subjective, I find the RDX to be most comfortable for me. Considering it’s quasi luxury status I don’t think it has a true competitor in its price range. Good luck with your search.
Old 09-26-2018, 06:37 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Comfy
Once you guys have finished your conversation over roasted chicken , please let us know what you decided upon.
Having said that, the 2G RDX is a great car to have as a general all rounder. I still have my 2014 tech and it is my favorite among my other cars.
When I was searching for an SUV I test drove plenty of regular and luxury cars, the RDX which initially wasn’t even in my thoughts came on top. It has that smooth, quiet ride, and powerful V6 engine. A lot of mainstream SUVs will offer more “features “ for the money, if that’s what you’re looking for. Even though it is very subjective, I find the RDX to be most comfortable for me. Considering it’s quasi luxury status I don’t think it has a true competitor in its price range. Good luck with your search.
Comfy, thanks for your post.

I am finding that I can not afford a 2016. However, I have only been looking a "Certified Pre-Owned" from Acura dealers. It seems these are my options:

1. Continue looking for a CPO, but expand my search but for a 2015 or 2014 from a Acura dealer. They probably limit the criteria to 5 years and 50,000 miles. A 2014 may be a bit difficult.
2. Look for a 2015 or 2014 at a dealer that is not CPO and hope that the dealer is reputable. It seems that purchasing a CPO at an Acura dealer adds as much as $4,000.
3. Expand my search for a 2016 through the likes of Carmax. Not CPO, but they seem to sell cars that are in better than average condition, maybe like a non-CPO dealer vehicle. I am not confident this will get me in the price range where I need to be.
4. Further expand my search to autotrader. A bit concerning because I know very little about cars.
5. Further expand my search to a private individual. Again concerning.
5. And then there is cars.com.

You felt with the 2016 facelift, it was preferable over a 2015. If I need to look past a 2016 and I think I will to get to my price point, being there were no changes from a 2014 to a 2015 and assuming I could afford both, should I save the money and look for a 2014?

Thanks.

Anovice

Old 09-26-2018, 11:46 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

As has been pointed out before, there are absolutely no differences between the 2013 to 2015 models. From the 2016 facelift they added the Jewel eye LED headlights, a touchscreen (but no other change in infotainment), and some minor tweaks in the all-wheel-drive system, and an advanced version with driver assist systems but basically it is the same RDX you get from before.
If not for the LED headlights I don’t have much to recommend over the pre - face lifted version. If you are looking into the 13-15 models (which comes in two flavors only - base and tech), please choose the tech only. The base version has halogen headlights (tech has HID) and therefore most will wish to upgrade it soon. Also the tech has ELS audio which sounds fantastic to me.
Now everything else’s depends on the mileage and condition of car. Being an Acura/ Honda I don’t expect a lot of mechanical problems for a long time. That’s one of the reasons I skipped the extended warranty.
With regards to AWD , unless you drive like a maniac or race track your cars, or go off-roading, I don’t see any particular advantage of one system over other. I live in WV and drive along the numerous hills : mountains/ poor roads, and snow, I never had a problem (except when my tires were bald and I replaced them OEM).
I have not had any rust issues here in the last several years. I used to live in NY and Philadelphia about ten years ago and I had a civic at that time. When I went to sell it, the prospective buyer wanted to see the underside (which concerned me) and we went to a garage and lifted it up. We both were surprised at how mint and clean it looked (four years old car). He gave me the asking price. .

Last edited by Comfy; 09-26-2018 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:00 PM
Racer

I'd suggest that you ask yourself if you really need a 6 cylinder. IDK about St. Lucie county, but the highest point in Volusia county is 118 feet and it's a hill in someone's back yard. IMHO 4 wheel drive in Florida (unless you do a lot of towing or drive on the beach where 4WD is required) is a waste of money. We have friends in Port St. Lucie and I'm guessing you won't need it for a boat for awhile because of the water situation there. It costs more to buy, more to maintain, and more to insure. As to CPO - I think that is nothing short of a scam for suckers. It's a used car. The last time I bought a used car was when I was in college so I have no advice for that other than to suggest if you buy a used car take it to a good mechanic (ASE certified) and have them check it out. As for roasting - it doesn't matter, just be sure you get white wine with fish j/k
Old 09-26-2018, 03:09 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Comfy
As has been pointed out before, there are absolutely no differences between the 2013 to 2015 models. From the 2016 facelift they added the Jewel eye LED headlights, a touchscreen (but no other change in infotainment), and some minor tweaks in the all-wheel-drive system, and an advanced version with driver assist systems but basically it is the same RDX you get from before.
If not for the LED headlights I don’t have much to recommend over the pre - face lifted version. If you are looking into the 13-15 models (which comes in two flavors only - base and tech), please choose the tech only. The base version has halogen headlights (tech has HID) and therefore most will wish to upgrade it soon. Also the tech has ELS audio which sounds fantastic to me.
Now everything else’s depends on the mileage and condition of car. Being an Acura/ Honda I don’t expect a lot of mechanical problems for a long time. That’s one of the reasons I skipped the extended warranty.
With regards to AWD , unless you drive like a maniac or race track your cars, or go off-roading, I don’t see any particular advantage of one system over other. I live in WV and drive along the numerous hills : mountains/ poor roads, and snow, I never had a problem (except when my tires were bald and I replaced them OEM).
I have not had any rust issues here in the last several years. I used to live in NY and Philadelphia about ten years ago and I had a civic at that time. When I went to sell it, the prospective buyer wanted to see the underside (which concerned me) and we went to a garage and lifted it up. We both were surprised at how mint and clean it looked (four years old car). He gave me the asking price. .
Hi Comfy,

Thanks for your thoughts!

A 2013 with the Tech package is starting to sound good, if I can find one with relatively low mileage and in good condition.

Anovice
Old 09-26-2018, 04:47 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Originally Posted by snorf
I'd suggest that you ask yourself if you really need a 6 cylinder. IDK about St. Lucie county, but the highest point in Volusia county is 118 feet and it's a hill in someone's back yard. IMHO 4 wheel drive in Florida (unless you do a lot of towing or drive on the beach where 4WD is required) is a waste of money. We have friends in Port St. Lucie and I'm guessingk you won't need it for a boat for awhile because of the water situation there. It costs more to buy, more to maintain, and more to insure. As to CPO - I think that is nothing short of a scam for suckers. It's a used car. The last time I bought a used car was when I was in college so I have no advice for that other than to suggest if you buy a used car take it to a good mechanic (ASE certified) and have them check it out. As for roasting - it doesn't matter, just be sure you get white wine with fish j/k
All valid points. The RDX with its V6 engine is not exactly the most value for money. There is a premium you are paying for the smoothness and comfort in a relatively compact SUV. I love it since it is the exact receipe I wanted but I understand that everyone is different. Totally agree that your (OP’s) best friend at this time is a good mechanic who you can take with you for the test drive. Good luck and keep us informed of whatever ticks your interest.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:36 PM
Advanced

To all,

Well, I am still in Philadelphia healing.

Just this morning, a friend of a friend mentioned that he is thinking of selling his 2013 RDX. I do not have much information at this point other than it is a base model (unfortunately not the tech) and it has 51,000 miles. If I pursue this, I will be able to take the car to my friends mechanic to have it thoroughly inspected.

For the time being, I have a few questions:

1. I do not know if the transmission fluid has been flushed. Per snorf's post, this will need to be done at 60,000 miles. What is the approximate cost?
2. Also per snorf's post, the timing belt and water pump will be changed around 100,000 miles at a cost of around $1,000. Is there any other major maintenance at 100,000 miles with associated costs?
3. Assuming this RDX is in good condition. Approximately how much should I pay and/or which website(s) should I look at for the value?

Thanks much!

Anovice
Old 10-07-2018, 09:32 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Several sites you can check including nadaguides.com (which is usually on the high end) or kbb.com. That will get you in the ballpark. Not sure how realistic edmunds.com is anymore, but it's certainly more cumbersome to look up there than it used to be. You might also just see what comparable cars are selling for at dealers and make sure you get in a couple grand under that for a private sale. Autotrader and Cargurus are a decent starting point to see where the dealer pricing is at.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:42 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Just a heads up. If you are going to buy that car, then make sure you go through the several “how to upgrade RDX headlights” threads beforehand, so that you know what is involved and what cost to set aside for that. I am fairly certain that otherwise you will be back on this forum asking for the same advice (cause the base halogen headlights suck). Keep us informed and good luck.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:25 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Anovice,
I just purchased a 2016 RDX 10 days ago. I second the comments about using kbb.com to check pricing and that the 2016 is a significant upgrade from the 2015. There are a lot of youtube video reviews listing all of the things that were improved with the 2016. I looked at three CPO RDXs at Acura dealers, but found one in better condition for $2K less at Carvana. Good luck in your search.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:57 AM
Advanced

Comfy and Car_Freak217,

Thanks for your posts.

I certainly agree with you on the headlights. If my price point was for a 2015, I would spend a few more thousand dollars for a 2016. The question that I need to answer is can I afford the difference between a 2013 and a 2016.

Anovice
Old 10-10-2018, 07:49 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Anovice
To answer your PM...

I'm sorry that you were in an accident. I hope you heal well and quickly!

York is a small town about 2 hours west of Philly. We do not have an Acura dealer in York. My wife and I drove to Davis Acura in Langhorn (north Philly metro area) and Piazza Acura in West Chester (west Philly metro area) to look at RDXs. Davis had a lot of selection, but we didn't like the dealer or sales person. Piazza was nice and I'd recommend them if you want to buy a CPO from an Acura dealer. You will pay a higher price for CPO from a dealer though.

I purchased an AWD Advance model. In case you don't know, that is the top end fully loaded model.
The CPO ones were listed around $32K with 24K to 35K miles. I purchased one with 33K miles from Carvana.com for $30,300. You should use kbb.com (Kelly Blue Book) to check pricing. It will tell you the range of pricing for the exact model, features and mileage that you are looking for.

Acura's are reliable vehicles and Carvana has a 7 day return policy, so I didn't have the vehicle inspected before purchasing it. My RDX still has a little factory warranty remaining, so I'm taking it to Lancaster Acura for an inspection and service tomorrow. I wanted to make sure all recommended service by 33K miles has been taken care of since I'm hard on vehicles (I drive them like race cars on lots of hilly curvy back roads). Additionally, most 2016 RDXs availalbe now are coming off of leases, meaning that they probably were not properly maintained. Even if the service work I'm having performed is unnecessary, it will give me piece of mind and will be a cheaper insurance policy that paying CPO pricing.

Personally, I'm not at all worried about rust from the salty roads in PA. I've had 3 vehicles each over 10 years old when I got rid of them and none had rust problems. I'm more worried about expensive mechanical problems, and that's why I'm paying to have some service completed even if it is not necessary because the previous owner may have done it already.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:08 AM
Advanced

Car_Freak217,

Thank you for get well wishes and your very informative post!

Anovice