2013 RDX specs

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 RDX specs

The new RDX's are supposed to be coming into dealerships on the last week of this month, so just a couple more weeks out. They have been making them for some time now. I can't find any more details on the specs other than the very short summary on the Acura site and it doesn't seem like they have released any of them to the car magazines to review yet.

Does anyone know if this is normal timing for Acura on a new car release? I am seriously considering buying one of the new models, but I would like to see more information before they come into the dealers.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by SDCB
The new RDX's are supposed to be coming into dealerships on the last week of this month, so just a couple more weeks out. They have been making them for some time now. I can't find any more details on the specs other than the very short summary on the Acura site and it doesn't seem like they have released any of them to the car magazines to review yet.

Does anyone know if this is normal timing for Acura on a new car release? I am seriously considering buying one of the new models, but I would like to see more information before they come into the dealers.
Check these 2 links: http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1038191
http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1042689
Old 03-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I don’t have any more information, but I did get invited by my local dealer to come see a 2013 RDX on March 21. I signed up on Acura’s website to ‘Get on the list’ and I’ve received a few emails and a letter from my dealer. The letter stated “You will have an opportunity to see the all-new 2013 RDX before it is released to sell to the public in May of 2012.” I plan on stopping by and taking some pics and a video of it if there aren’t too many people checking it out. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I’ll try to get as many answers as I can!
Old 03-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DibbyD
I don’t have any more information, but I did get invited by my local dealer to come see a 2013 RDX on March 21. I signed up on Acura’s website to ‘Get on the list’ and I’ve received a few emails and a letter from my dealer. The letter stated “You will have an opportunity to see the all-new 2013 RDX before it is released to sell to the public in May of 2012.” I plan on stopping by and taking some pics and a video of it if there aren’t too many people checking it out. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I’ll try to get as many answers as I can!
I signed up for the information from Acura too and basically, every couple of weeks they send me the same link to their website, with the few images and limited data. I have seen the write-ups that were referenced above.

I was just kind of suprised that they aren't pitching it more now. This must be an important car to Acura, when you look at how important the CRV is to Honda. I am looking forward to reading the "first drive" reviews from the car magazines, just so that I get a sense of where they would place it, in relation to its competition.

I was suprised to see your note that it doesn't go on sale until May. My dealer here indicated that he will be getting a shipment in for sale, on the last week of this month. Maybe I didn't get it right. Thanks for your input.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My wife drives an '05 CR-V and we're thinking about selling it and picking up a 2012 or possibly a RAV4. She likes my TL, but wants a small SUV and did not care for '12 RDX with turbo 4 using premium fuel. My wife is one of the primary targets for the less sporty revamped RDX.

At Kansas City car show yesterday we saw the 2013 RDX, from little we could tell about it we liked it. A local dealer salesperson told us:
  • He mentioned the new 3.5 engine ran on regular fuel, that would be a real positive;
  • His dealership was anticipating their original shipment of 2013s around the week of April 11th. He also mentioned that he sold 4 pre-orders at the show thus far.
I've scoured the net to confirm his assertion the new 6 uses regular fuel. The closest I found was a comment that Acura changed wording from premium "required" to premium "recommended" - not sure how that would be interpreted if it is true.

I'm also trying to get more specific details about trim line features beyond the general brochure overview of base, AWD, Tech Package and AWD w/Tech package. All I can find is a bullet listing of tech package components, but nothing specified about what is included the base models - like what the standard non ELS audio system includes except for current mention of it being 200-300 watts (how many speakers, sub woofer?). What what kind of headlights does the base unit have - instead of xenon in the tech package does it revert to a basic halogen set up like the CR-V? Guess I'll just have to sit tight to confirm the exact specs for the non-tech package trim lines.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Intermediate

I can confirm that Acura will be talking a lot about the regular fuel aspect of this SUV. That and it's best in class highway economy.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please, don't compare the RDX to the CR-V. Similar in size, but not close in performance.

If you want in on the new RDX's, you should get moving. I bought a used TL last week. The dealership had a whiteboard tracking the 2013 RDX's. They had 13 coming in and had already sold 6 sight unseen. I don't know who would by any type of car without a test drive, but they found 6 suckers.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by OpIv37
Please, don't compare the RDX to the CR-V. Similar in size, but not close in performance.

If you want in on the new RDX's, you should get moving. I bought a used TL last week. The dealership had a whiteboard tracking the 2013 RDX's. They had 13 coming in and had already sold 6 sight unseen. I don't know who would by any type of car without a test drive, but they found 6 suckers.
I don't think anyone in the thread was trying to compare the RDX to the CRV. He just mentioned if the base model had basic halogen like a CRV. That's all.

I could be wrong but I don't think you actually sign for (and buy) a car until it is actually delivered and handed over. Basically the dealer is telling you 6 people have put orders in for the RDX. I did the same for a 2013 RDX yesterday. But I won't sign anything until a test drive, etc.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Onac
Basically the dealer is telling you 6 people have put orders in for the RDX. I did the same for a 2013 RDX yesterday. But I won't sign anything until a test drive, etc.
Onac, did your dealer have any info about color combinations for you to order from? My dealer had no information at all. So far, the exterior colors I've seen are red, white, black, gray, and silver. For interior, I've only seen parchment and ebony. I hope they have a taupe or gray interior as well.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Intermediate

Onac, did your dealer have any info about color combinations for you to order from? My dealer had no information at all. So far, the exterior colors I've seen are red, white, black, gray, and silver. For interior, I've only seen parchment and ebony. I hope they have a taupe or gray interior as well.
No color info but they will be pulling the first "grayish" car with ebony interior for me. Obviously if I end up not liking the color I will look at the others. Going with embony since I will have a newborn soon and I have seen other people with newborns have issues with light colored seats.

They said they should have the cars this coming Friday or Saturday. I will definitely update more then if others have not. They told me they cannot sell me the car until April 2nd. Hopefully I can work out a deal I like with my Lexus IS lease trade in since my payment on that is due the 3rd. I would have to wait another month if not.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to the dealer that I have a refundable deposit with for a 2013 RDX, the palladium silver exterior is going away. There will be forged silver with parchment and silver moon with ebony.

Also, the taupe/gray interior will cease to exist as well.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Intermediate

My dealer told me that everything is very secretive and he has no information yet on what is coming in. Maybe Acura is planning a big advertising roll out at the end of the month. They certainly haven't done much yet to promote the new model!