2013 RDX Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 RDX Pricing

Hi all,

Has anyone been able to get any kind of offer/discount/incentive on the 2013 RDX MSRP.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I visited my dealer today (invitation to consider upgrading from our 2010 RDX), but there are NO deals to be had. New vehicle, short supply, etc. means no reason to offer discounts. We'll wait until November or February. The changes are significant, and should prove successful.
John
Old 04-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by psychostud
Hi all,

Has anyone been able to get any kind of offer/discount/incentive on the 2013 RDX MSRP.
Sticker price... but was able to get over NADA and Kelly Blue Book for my trade...
Old 04-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bh9712
Sticker price... but was able to get over NADA and Kelly Blue Book for my trade...
Same here
Old 04-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Intermediate

That's the feeling that I get here too. Looks like sticker price. I told my dealer that I wanted the Costco price, he said that he didn't think that they would set one with them for several months. I asked him to call me when he gets one in, equipped the way I would like it. I haven't heard back from him yet. Don't know if it was the price of the configuration.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SDCB
That's the feeling that I get here too. Looks like sticker price. I told my dealer that I wanted the Costco price, he said that he didn't think that they would set one with them for several months. I asked him to call me when he gets one in, equipped the way I would like it. I haven't heard back from him yet. Don't know if it was the price of the configuration.
Did you ask for an AWD? My dealer is only getting FWD right now. They will not have any AWD until the second half of April.

I also got the feeling it will be sticker price right now especially since they sold all the RDXs they had but one. Don't think they will start doing any deals until they actually have cars sitting in the lot. I hope like other I can at least get a better trade in price or at least 1-2 accessories thrown in for free.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:18 PM
8th Gear

had to order, got $750 off for knowing the manager but then dealer is adding on $500 worth of accessories to every one that comes in.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I am going to look today. If they dont want to move from MSRP they best be upping the trade in value on my RL and throwing in free accessories.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
I got about $650 off a non-tech 2013 RDX. Had to order it for mid to late May delivery as the dealer says no non-techs have been produced. The deal:

Sticker = 35220
Discount = -1309
Dealer fee = +589
Trade in = $1500 (2001 Montana, very ratty interior, 140k miles)

Net was 33000 + actual state tax and actual state title fees

Of course the dealer can work the discount and trade in values to favor either one but I think the Montana was probably worth about $1600.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Dorsey
I got about $650 off a non-tech 2013 RDX. Had to order it for mid to late May delivery as the dealer says no non-techs have been produced. The deal:

Sticker = 35220
Discount = -1309
Dealer fee = +589
Trade in = $1500 (2001 Montana, very ratty interior, 140k miles)

Net was 33000 + actual state tax and actual state title fees

Of course the dealer can work the discount and trade in values to favor either one but I think the Montana was probably worth about $1600.
Was the discount on the AWD ?
Old 04-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Instructor

I put the payment down tonight on a AWD tech

I got them to give me $1000 off the MSRP and free all season floor mats, splash guards, and cargo mat. Then discounted a cargo cover and a bumper guard

Keep pushing and they can give a discount. I wish I got more but it was at least something.

They are saying 6+ months until any movement on the prices and before any leasing specials.

Last edited by jfarabaugh; 04-06-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by jfarabaugh
I put the payment down tonight on a AWD tech

I got them to give me $1000 off the MSRP and free all season floor mats, splash guards, and cargo mat. Then discounted a cargo cover and a bumper guard

Keep pushing and they can give a discount. I wish I got more but it was at least something.

They are saying 6+ months until any movement on the prices and before any leasing specials.
I got pretty much the same on an AWD Tech....1000$ off MSRP, free cargo tray, locking nuts, splash guards are standard in Canada so need to ask for them, but I did get 4 steel rims to mount my Blizzak DM-V1 winter tires plus 0.25% finance rate for 36 months (bridge the difference between my traded Rav4)
The following users liked this post:
K-Y Lee (03-21-2013)
Old 04-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Onac
Did you ask for an AWD? My dealer is only getting FWD right now. They will not have any AWD until the second half of April.

I also got the feeling it will be sticker price right now especially since they sold all the RDXs they had but one. Don't think they will start doing any deals until they actually have cars sitting in the lot. I hope like other I can at least get a better trade in price or at least 1-2 accessories thrown in for free.
They only had fwd's coming in for the time being, so I think what you heard was correct regarding the AWD models. I was so dissapointed that there were no discounts being offered, that I went back to the Audi dealer to test the Q5, for comparison and I wound up deciding to get the Q5 instead.

I think that they are both really good cars, but after driving both, back to back, I felt that the Q5 was worth the small extra cost that I wound up paying over the full sticker priced RDX.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Intermediate

Has anyone leased a 2013 RDX yet? Just wondering what they are asking. I am thinking about possibly leasing one now and then switching to a MDX after the next refresh.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:40 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Onac
Has anyone leased a 2013 RDX yet? Just wondering what they are asking. I am thinking about possibly leasing one now and then switching to a MDX after the next refresh.
Nope, but lease promotions are already out thru end of April: $399 for base and $449 with tech.

http://www.acura.com/tools/shopping/...modelYear=2013
Old 04-16-2012, 05:26 PM
8th Gear

i checked last week lease rates were ridiculous, it looks like they've lowered now. i was quoted .00300. insane! ended up buying.

got $500 off fwd tech, very pleased.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:56 AM
5th Gear

Went last Saturday and last night to look at a FWD base, about 1.5 hours of negotiation time in all. No trade in, cash deal. Talked to 2 salesmen and 2 managers, but they wouldn't budge on MSRP.

No other dealership in my area has a base silver, and they haven't been sitting around more than a few days. It definitely played to their advantage as they were prepared to let me walk a second time after they rejected my "final" offer of 500 off MSRP. I eventually caved but got them to discount the accessories.

I certainly didn't win on the price, but I wasn't willing to go another 3 or 4 months to save $1k. Been driving my dad's '95 dodge dakota for a few weeks after a recent hail storm totaled my car, and I was nearing my breaking point with that vehicle. Pretty psyched about the RDX.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:40 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mojque
Went last Saturday and last night to look at a FWD base, about 1.5 hours of negotiation time in all. No trade in, cash deal. Talked to 2 salesmen and 2 managers, but they wouldn't budge on MSRP.

No other dealership in my area has a base silver, and they haven't been sitting around more than a few days. It definitely played to their advantage as they were prepared to let me walk a second time after they rejected my "final" offer of 500 off MSRP. I eventually caved but got them to discount the accessories.

I certainly didn't win on the price, but I wasn't willing to go another 3 or 4 months to save $1k. Been driving my dad's '95 dodge dakota for a few weeks after a recent hail storm totaled my car, and I was nearing my breaking point with that vehicle. Pretty psyched about the RDX.
Paying MSRP is not a lot of money over the life of the car - I doubt the majority of sales will ever be heavily discounted. At least you got it right away and can start enjoying it. Which shade of silver did you get? I have not seen Silver Moon but the Forged Silver Metallic is outstanding. In the early 60's a friend of my uncle's had a new Lambo 400 GT in silver blue and I have always wanted a car that color. FSM is very close. However, the RDX is for my wife and she insisted on Basque Red, which I also like.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:20 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Dorsey
Paying MSRP is not a lot of money over the life of the car - I doubt the majority of sales will ever be heavily discounted. At least you got it right away and can start enjoying it. Which shade of silver did you get? I have not seen Silver Moon but the Forged Silver Metallic is outstanding. In the early 60's a friend of my uncle's had a new Lambo 400 GT in silver blue and I have always wanted a car that color. FSM is very close. However, the RDX is for my wife and she insisted on Basque Red, which I also like.
My last car was a 2000 Honda Accord that I drove for the last 12 years. Hoping to do the same with the RDX. I agree with you about the heavy discount. I think the redesign will put this vehicle in high demand for at least a year.

I got a Silver Moon, which I would describe as a pretty flat gray. I haven't seen a Forged Silver Metallic in person, but from online pictures, it has a blue/purple tinge that didn't sit well with me. With the Silver Moon, I like the way the wheels match the car.

But speaking of blue-silver, before I got my Accord, I was REAL close to buying a 2000 Honda Prelude that I thought had a great silver. Can't remember what they called it, but it had just the right amount of blue tint to my eyes.

http://images04.olx.com/ui/1/86/76/15408076_1.jpg

I don't regret getting the Accord over the Prelude, but it still has a special place in my heart.
evanpik (07-04-2012)
Old 04-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Discounts to exist on 2013 RDX

I just did a deal on a basque red AWD tech 2013 RDX for delivery during the second week of May. I paid >1900 under MSRP - painless buying experience. I emailed a bunch of dealers in my area and worked out a good price with 30 min of initial emailing and maybe an hour of follow up work over 3 days. Good luck all!
Old 04-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by yargok
I just did a deal on a basque red AWD tech 2013 RDX for delivery during the second week of May. I paid >1900 under MSRP - painless buying experience. I emailed a bunch of dealers in my area and worked out a good price with 30 min of initial emailing and maybe an hour of follow up work over 3 days. Good luck all!
Nice deal. Congratulations. What part of the country are you in?
Old 04-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Instructor

Nice choice....exactly as the one I am waiting on....Man! I hope it gets here soon.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by NAMA
Nice deal. Congratulations. What part of the country are you in?
New England
Old 04-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Intermediate

New England
Cool. I'm in the same market. Do you mind providing the dealer you went with? I test drove one last weekend in Peabody. I'm still deciding what to do. If I bought now, I'm pretty sure I'd go with the RDX. If I wait I was going to look at the RX F-Sport and X1, though from the pictures I've seen I think the X1 looks to much like a station wagon on stilts than a crossover. I haven't seen one in person yet. I want to like the RX as I'm a current driver of a 1st gen but I think it's too big for what I need/want. The RDX is a nice size and is as big as I want to go.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Instructor

For those of us who have ordered 2013 RDXs, any idea on what drives delivery times. I ordered a Basque Red base two weeks ago and was told mid to late May. Here are my thoughts:
1) Demand for ordered vehicles is significant and they are simply backlogged (I read somewhere that they build 185 a day).
2) Acura is trying to fill the pipeline for dealer inventory ahead of ordered cars.
3) They are initially producing Tech models for the higher margin.
4) They produce in color batches and Red is behind more popular colors such as silver and white.
5) 5 to 7 weeks is normal (I have not ordered a car since 1979 and honestly don't know what a reasonable wait is). There are not that many variations so it seems like a long time.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by NAMA
Cool. I'm in the same market. Do you mind providing the dealer you went with? I test drove one last weekend in Peabody. I'm still deciding what to do. If I bought now, I'm pretty sure I'd go with the RDX. If I wait I was going to look at the RX F-Sport and X1, though from the pictures I've seen I think the X1 looks to much like a station wagon on stilts than a crossover. I haven't seen one in person yet. I want to like the RX as I'm a current driver of a 1st gen but I think it's too big for what I need/want. The RDX is a nice size and is as big as I want to go.
Tom at Peabody was willing to do it for 38.6k, ultimately bought it from Acura of Boston - there I dealt with Kent who beat that price by 200 and knew when the car I wanted would be in stock. Hope that is helpful. Good luck!
NAMA (04-21-2012)
Old 04-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Intermediate

Tom at Peabody was willing to do it for 38.6k, ultimately bought it from Acura of Boston - there I dealt with Kent who beat that price by 200 and knew when the car I wanted would be in stock. Hope that is helpful. Good luck!
Very! I talked to Stephan the Manager at Peabody but haven't talked price, though he said since I was in his sales area he would be willing to deal. Now I know what the point of entry is if I decide to go for the RDX. Thanks much.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:01 PM
8th Gear

Been to 3 dealers in South Florida and no one is budging from MSRP. Guess it's time to hunker down and wait for the hot humid summer to hopefully melt dealers' will.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by lax2mia
Been to 3 dealers in South Florida and no one is budging from MSRP. Guess it's time to hunker down and wait for the hot humid summer to hopefully melt dealers' will.
You might want to check back with the dealers at the end of the month. One of them might be just one sale short of their monthly quota. Sometimes it's just a matter of timing.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:47 AM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
Moved thread to the new 2nd gen RDX forum.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:04 PM
4th Gear

$1,600 off MSRP for 2 wheel with Tech, in Northern Cali., for delivery next week....
Old 04-30-2012, 01:10 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Just picked up an AWD Tech in Graphite Luster and Parchment.

$800 off MSRP plus $1000 more for our '07 TSX than 2 other separate dealer trade in offers. The trade in price was probably only a little less than we would have received for a private sale after trolling autotrader and craigs list for prices. Or so I'm convincing myself... In NC car sales tax (highway use tax) is based on the difference on the trade in and the car price (minus fees). So there is a slight advantage to trading in.

Drove up to Richmond VA to get it. Great car buying experience handled mostly over the phone.

Unfortunately our local dealer (Cary NC) could not get any AWD models and didn't want to get our hopes up on when they would come in. I appreciated their honesty in that respect.

Good luck searching! Took us about 4 weeks.

Edit: Oh and "free" wheel locks, splash guards and front license plate bracket. All of which we didn't want nor were willing to pay for. Especially that screw hole in the front bumper. (no front plate in NC)

Last edited by juice13; 04-30-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: update
Old 04-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by juice13
Just picked up an AWD Tech in Graphite Luster and Parchment.

$800 off MSRP ... So there is a slight advantage to trading in.

Good luck searching! Took us about 4 weeks.

Edit: Oh and "free" wheel locks, splash guards and front license plate bracket. All of which we didn't want nor were willing to pay for. Especially that screw hole in the front bumper. (no front plate in NC)
Congrats on your new wheels...can't wait to see the pics 800$ MSRP is good, pretty much what I got too with a few other goodies to boot. In Canada, the splash guards are standard so that helps.

I agree with the advantage of the trade, you recover a portion of the tax and don't have to deal with psychos who want to test drive your car.

I agree about how scarce these things are. Mine has been on "to be built" list for over a month and no dates confirmed yet. Luckily, the dealership was able to talk to another dealer who was having one on its way and they accepted to do a trade at the autoport. I wouldn't have taken it if it was on the lot and test driven but it was intercepted while on rail and will remain until destination which will be soon hopefully.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Did a test drive on April 4th. Changed my mind on color and Tech Package. Original "want" was Forged Silver Metallic/Parchment without Tech Package. Forged Silver I saw was too blue. Test drive convinced my to go for the Tech Package. Made a deposit on April 7th for Silver Moon/Ebony with Tech Package. Delivery is expected this week, May 1 - 4. Price is MSRP, but they gave me a 10% discount on accessories and $7,479.50 trade-in on a 2001 MDX with 104,000 miles. Edmunds claims trade-in value of $6,254.

I had been thinking about an RDX for a couple of years, but I couldn't get my head wrapped around a turbo 4. I finally decided to bite the bullet and go for a 2012 RDX. I was doing serious shopping, but in my searches I found out about the 2013 with the V6. Exactly the car I wanted. I haven't been this excited since I bought my 2001, 11 years ago!

Regards, Jim
Old 04-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by hawkeye62
Forged Silver I saw was too blue. Test drive convinced my to go for the Tech Package. Made a deposit on April 7th for Silver Moon/Ebony with Tech Package. Delivery is expected this week, May 1 - 4. Regards, Jim
Jim...Congrats on your purchase. I have an ETA of May 1-7 so they might have crossed on the assembly line *lol*

WIth respect to the Forged Silver, I agree that it looks quite blue and not my cup of tea. No wI have seen it on the TL and it looks pretty good. Colors are often best suited for certain types of vehicles.

Make sure you post pics when you get it too. BTW, glad you chose the tech package too
Old 04-30-2012, 08:45 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by weather
Jim..I have an ETA of May 1-7 so they might have crossed on the assembly line *lol*

No wI have seen it on the TL and it looks pretty good. Colors are often best suited for certain types of vehicles.
The last numbers of the VIN represent the build number. Mine is 1921. Maybe they were cousins?

I don't know what "No wl have seen it......." means. I agree that some colors seem to fit certain cars.

Regards, Jim
Old 04-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
Originally Posted by hawkeye62
I don't know what "No wl have seen it......." means.
Probably means "Now I have seen it" with an extra space thrown in to cause you confusion.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
Probably means "Now I have seen it" with an extra space thrown in to cause you confusion.
Thanks...that is what I was trying to say: Now I have seen it on a TL ....

My apologies for the confusion guys
Old 04-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Cruisin'

I wanted to poll the audience - I got a call today that my RDX has shown up early (Basque Red). They claim it just got delivered by truck from the factory, but the VIN they gave (1xx-15x) would indicate that it was among the first RDXs to be produced. Any cause for concern? I won't actually get around to picking it up until the weekend.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Racer

The VIN number looks strange. All of the ones I have seen end with 6 digits, Mine, for instance ends with 001921, Which means it was number 1921 off the line, My dealer is getting eight RDXs in this week. One of the numbers is 000058. most are in the low thousands.

Regards, Jim

Quick Reply: 2013 RDX Pricing