2013 RDX Complaints and Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 11:43 AM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 RDX Complaints and Suggestions

As with all newly redesigned cars, there are some things that miss the mark. Here's a compilation of complaints from what I've seen on the board, as well as my own experience. I've also included some suggestions to improve the vehicle, which would potentially add cost to the bottom line. However, I see these improvements as value-added additions, not just nice-to-have creature comforts.

My intent is not to deter future buyers, just to provide consumer feedback. Feel free to respond or chime in with your own experiences and suggestions.

1) Xenon low beams should be on the base model in the states. Raise the MSRP by $500 if need be. The Acura demographic will pay for it. I just don't understand why the "cost" justification is applied on a luxury car for something so comparably inexpensive to execute.

2) The expanded view driver side mirror was an admirable concept, but it's so poorly executed that it's virtually unusable in the real world. The transition point at which the regular mirror ends and the expanded mirror begins is so blurry that it looks like a fun house mirror. Objects look so unnaturally stretched in the extended mirror portion that it provides for more of a distraction than a safety feature. The mirror should revert to a single perspective. (A better resolution to the blind spot problem is a convex mirror. They're as important to blind spot visibility as a backup camera is to what's undetectable behind the car. Only a couple of bucks at the auto store, and they could save your life.)

3) The seats have 3 leather panels that comprise the support for your back. Where the bottom and middle panels meet, the seam is unusually stiff. It appears that the excess material of the panels, behind the stitching, was simply folded up against the middle panel, which results in a stout pressure line in the middle of your back. Every seat in my RDX is like this. It took me 10 minutes to discover this major comfort annoyance, which leads me to believe it was either a testing oversight or quality control issue at the manufacturing facility. This mistake is almost a deal-breaker on the car because it's so consistently irritating. The only fix without a seat cover is to adjust the seat where the main pressure point of your back is up around your shoulder blades. I'm still getting used to this.

4) The seat cushion length for tall drivers is lacking. I'm only 5-10 (certainly not bragging), and I have a reasonable amount of "leg hang" from the end of the cushion to my knee. I've moved the seat in all possible positions, and there's just no adjustment that corrects this. For those that would like a more "bucket seat" feel, I would like to see an additional movement on the seat that provides for a seat cushion only forward-and-back. That way, the driver can extend the cushion to support their specific leg length instead of exclusively catering to a predetermined height.

5) The back of the center console should have at least one direction-adjustable vent to provide direct air to the rear passengers. The temperature setting would be controlled by the passenger's radial dial.

6) Blind spot assist should be offered in the tech package. I test drove a vehicle with this technology, and it's quite possibly the greatest driving safety enhancement since the airbag (sorry backup camera, you're a close second). All cars will have this in 10 years. Luxury brands should be ahead of the curve.

7) A "sport" driving mode should be offered in the tech package (similar to the "comfort" mode in the MDX). This may be wishful thinking for the RDX, but other comparable vehicles have this feature. Sport mode would tighten the suspension and steering feel to increase handling. This mode would be activated by a button on the dash, preferably where the "traction" and "liftgate" buttons are, to the left of the steering wheel. In regular drive mode "D", the default would be "off". In sequential shift mode "S", the default would be "on". Both sport on/off modes would be specifiable and savable per driver for each driving mode D or S (like the seat and mirror positions).

My purpose for this thread is not to rant, but to provide ideas that would make the RDX more competitive in the market. And while relevant, I don't feel like price point is a major concern for the Acura buyer. You buy an Acura for luxury AND reliability. An extra grand for increased happiness (and let's be honest, that's what luxury is all about) is worth it to those with the funds to pay for it.

As a preventative measure, I'd like to add a disclaimer that these kinds of upgrades should not be exclusively for the RDX, but for all Acura vehicles. That way we don't get into the discussion that "the RDX is now better than the MDX". The MDX needs to be the better of the two so as to maintain the demand for each and better cater to the target demographics.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:40 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
Great observations and suggestions.

As far as I know, BMW X3 28i and Q5 2.0T base (and probably other similar vehicles) also don't have HIDs as standard. For the X3 case, you need to get the convenience package for $1300 in order to get HIDs. So even though I'm also disappointed that HIDs are not included in the base model, I think it's understandable.

As for a sport driving mode, I'd even go further and suggest offering a Type S trim as well. The new RDX does not have SH-AWD and is in general tuned softer than before. But for people who enjoy a more sporty experience, a Type S trim would be great. It should include the powertrain from the MDX (300hp 3.7L with SH-AWD) as well as sportier suspension tuning with summer tires.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by mojque
1) Xenon low beams should be on the base model in the states. Raise the MSRP by $500 if need be. The Acura demographic will pay for it. I just don't understand why the "cost" justification is applied on a luxury car for something so comparably inexpensive to execute.

2) The expanded view driver side mirror was an admirable concept, but it's so poorly executed that it's virtually unusable in the real world. The transition point at which the regular mirror ends and the expanded mirror begins is so blurry that it looks like a fun house mirror. Objects look so unnaturally stretched in the extended mirror portion that it provides for more of a distraction than a safety feature. The mirror should revert to a single perspective. (A better resolution to the blind spot problem is a convex mirror. They're as important to blind spot visibility as a backup camera is to what's undetectable behind the car. Only a couple of bucks at the auto store, and they could save your life.)

3) The seats have 3 leather panels that comprise the support for your back. Where the bottom and middle panels meet, the seam is unusually stiff. It appears that the excess material of the panels, behind the stitching, was simply folded up against the middle panel, which results in a stout pressure line in the middle of your back. Every seat in my RDX is like this. It took me 10 minutes to discover this major comfort annoyance, which leads me to believe it was either a testing oversight or quality control issue at the manufacturing facility. This mistake is almost a deal-breaker on the car because it's so consistently irritating. The only fix without a seat cover is to adjust the seat where the main pressure point of your back is up around your shoulder blades. I'm still getting used to this.

4) The seat cushion length for tall drivers is lacking. I'm only 5-10 (certainly not bragging), and I have a reasonable amount of "leg hang" from the end of the cushion to my knee. I've moved the seat in all possible positions, and there's just no adjustment that corrects this. For those that would like a more "bucket seat" feel, I would like to see an additional movement on the seat that provides for a seat cushion only forward-and-back. That way, the driver can extend the cushion to support their specific leg length instead of exclusively catering to a predetermined height.

5) The back of the center console should have at least one direction-adjustable vent to provide direct air to the rear passengers. The temperature setting would be controlled by the passenger's radial dial.

6) Blind spot assist should be offered in the tech package. I test drove a vehicle with this technology, and it's quite possibly the greatest driving safety enhancement since the airbag (sorry backup camera, you're a close second). All cars will have this in 10 years. Luxury brands should be ahead of the curve.

7) A "sport" driving mode should be offered in the tech package (similar to the "comfort" mode in the MDX). This may be wishful thinking for the RDX, but other comparable vehicles have this feature. Sport mode would tighten the suspension and steering feel to increase handling. This mode would be activated by a button on the dash, preferably where the "traction" and "liftgate" buttons are, to the left of the steering wheel. In regular drive mode "D", the default would be "off". In sequential shift mode "S", the default would be "on". Both sport on/off modes would be specifiable and savable per driver for each driving mode D or S (like the seat and mirror positions).
Good points! In item 5, I'd recommend two adjustable vents for the rear. If they're gonna run a duct back there, may as well make it comfortable for everyone in the rear. I hope you write these up and send them to Acura in your new car survey, or as a separate letter to Acura headquarters. They do seem to be open to comments/suggestions.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:46 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
I'm hoping when they do the mid-model refresh in about 2015 or 2016, Acura will include possible upgrades like standard HID, add an Advance model (Blind spot, active cruise, cooled seats), and maybe a limited Type-S RDX (sporty suspension, SH-AWD and more HP).

If they don't, I might have to upgrade to the 2015 MDX to get these features.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgold35
I'm hoping when they do the mid-model refresh in about 2015 or 2016, Acura will include possible upgrades like standard HID, add an Advance model (Blind spot, active cruise, cooled seats), and maybe a limited Type-S RDX (sporty suspension, SH-AWD and more HP).

If they don't, I might have to upgrade to the 2015 MDX to get these features.
Just make sure you don't get too upset when the price of the RDX goes up in the MMY. I think the best to deal with the options you are suggesting is having an "Elite" package available at MMY to offer to customers who want those features rathe rthan making them standard features and bump the base price too high. My 2 cents.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:01 PM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Acura will not up the ante with this RDX. Why? look at the comments on this board relating to other more expensive models, the answer should be evident by now - PRICE. If the RDX goes higher than its current price, mostly none of you would buy it. Acura knows it cannot sell an RDX in upwards of 44-45k, it would lose its core demographic, Acura would be bidding against themselves doing so. Not many of us would be buying an Acura if it cost the same as the vehicle we decided NOT to buy...based on PRICE! (ie i went for the RDX cuz it had most of what i wanted for a few thousand less than that X3/Q5, even the MDX!) If Acuras cost the same as Benz, BMW, Audi, even Lexus & Infinit, i highly doubt most would have an Acura in their garage, and Acura probably knows that as well, hence the aggressive pricing strategies. Although id still like to believe somehow that Acura would introduce more aggressive models, at this point you would have to be delusional to think Acura would bring out a sport-oriented RDX when the whole point of the 2013 was to reinvent the wheel and rip the sport out of it, otherwise wed have at the least SHAWD, which I would want much more than a Sport/Comfort mode.

the OP's points , all good points, no rear HVAC is cheap (maybe this would be something added later on), even the TSX has it, in my opinion the TECH pkg should come with upgraded leather like it does in the TL/MDX with more refined interior bits that distinguish the vehicle. Fog lights should be standard, the hids i dont care if they are part of an option, every other lux vehicle does it that way and has for a while, the different models also needs different rims and exterior bits. There is nothing that distinguishes one dudes base model vs anothers tech AWD, which sucks for the 40k dude and great for the base model owner.

My thoughts for added base model equipment would be standard rear HVAC (like everyone else), maybe standard hids, or mayyyybe a standard power liftgate. What we saw in the 1st gen RDX is that Acura dropped down tech pack equipment into the base model, my guess is that it will be somewhat the same. As far as adding 'new' features, dunno, unless they can do so without changing cost much. Although Acura basically abandoned the 1st gen RDX other than some styling changes - if the 2nd gen sells well, then maybe we can expect much more to change, like the MMC of the MDX a few years ago.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
MMike - Agree with your comments. I bought my new RDX for value (features vs. cost), gas mileage and reliability. My 7 series BMW became a repair nightmare at about 80k miles, my Integra currently has 211k on it and is a reliable daily driver. I would point out that the Tech does have different rims than the Base.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:39 PM
big shot.

Originally Posted by Dorsey
I would point out that the Tech does have different rims than the Base.
it does? i know there is an optional rim, but I dont see a different standard rim. I kno the MDX has different ones, as well as the TL, but pretty sure the RDX has only one choice unless you pay for the optional rim (available for any trim)
Old 05-03-2012, 03:04 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be honest, I'm surprised they continue to waste money on the paddle shifters (which I can't believe are used by even 5% of owners) and didn't do blind-spot assist (which is on the Mazda CX-5 for example).

It's a really odd use of a limited budget.

If I can echo the suggestions above, perhaps a limited edition "Sport" package down the road with paddle shifters, a sport mode for the suspension and perhaps engine, whatever. In the meantime, drop the useless paddle shifters and give everyone a safety feature like blind-spot warning.

Rear-seat vents also seem obvious, but apparently, I'm in the target audience where we're unlikely to have many people in back very often.

Also, although the seats fold down (and back up) about 100x easier, they no longer fold especially flat. We'll see if that matters once we load something big in there.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by MMike1981
it does? i know there is an optional rim, but I dont see a different standard rim. I know the MDX has different ones, as well as the TL, but pretty sure the RDX has only one choice unless you pay for the optional rim (available for any trim)
MMike...You are correct....the RDX does NOT have any different rims. There is an optional rim as an accessory but not something that comes with the tech vs non tech.

Your explanation about why Acura equipped the RDX in the price range it did is, in my opinion, SPOT ON! As much as I hate to say it, Acura does not seem to have the brand appeal as a BMW, LEXUS, AUDI etc. They may get there in time but if they do, they can't send shock waves to the customer. They have to gradually build the brand and image and carry the loyal people with them slowly and then, build some new followers along the way. Its a delicate line to walk...But great points, I agree with you 100%!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Instructor

My bad on the rims and thanks for the correction. For some reason I had it in my mind that the Techs had the split spoke rims and the non-Techs were solid spoke. One of these days I will actually see a non-Tech (hopefully mine, around Mid-May).
Old 05-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Dorsey
My bad on the rims and thanks for the correction. For some reason I had it in my mind that the Techs had the split spoke rims and the non-Techs were solid spoke. One of these days I will actually see a non-Tech (hopefully mine, around Mid-May).
No worries Dorsey...we all make mistakes I just want to clarify in case others would also get confused.
The following users liked this post:
Dorsey (05-03-2012)
Old 05-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Handbrake instead of pedal parking brake. Nothing says "un-sporty" like a goofy parking brake pedal where a dead pedal should be.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Advanced

Parchment interiors should have the same dark green/brown carpet in the cargo area as in the floor of the passenger section. I'm not sure I have enough Griot's interior cleaner to keep this light carpet clean even with the cargo tray back there.

The TSX wagon has black floor and cargo area even in the Taupe interior.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
The interior/exterior color combo restrictions are asinine. In many cases, you're basically stuck with whatever interior color they give you depending on what exterior color you like.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Intermediate

Wink

Originally Posted by juice13
Nothing says "un-sporty" like a goofy parking brake pedal where a dead pedal should be.
I think the "sport" emphasis was the design and sales profile for the 1st generation. The female empty nester part of the 2nd gen target demo rank sportiness as a secondary characteristic; their primary attractions are relative comfort (smooth & quiet ride, confident acceleration), classy-conservative appearance, reliability, safety, utilitarian features and branding. Many in that U.S. demo segment grew up with foot parking brake.

Last edited by Doug W.; 05-04-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by juice13
Parchment interiors should have the same dark green/brown carpet in the cargo area as in the floor of the passenger section. I'm not sure I have enough Griot's interior cleaner to keep this light carpet clean even with the cargo tray back there.

The TSX wagon has black floor and cargo area even in the Taupe interior.
I agree. While I love the look of the parchment (2 tone) interior, I purposely chose Ebony because it'll be easier to maintain the cargo area carpet.

Why Acura chose a light carpet for the cargo area when they use dark carpet for the floor baffles me.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by RDXAWDTech'13
Why Acura chose a light carpet for the cargo area when they use dark carpet for the floor baffles me.
Its probably a conspiracy to sell more cargo tray *lol*
Old 05-05-2012, 07:41 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
The interior/exterior color combo restrictions are asinine. In many cases, you're basically stuck with whatever interior color they give you depending on what exterior color you like.
I agree. What's even more frustrating is that in Canada, they can get the red or white with the ebony interior, while we are stuck with parchment. It's obvious Acura is making those colors with blank interior, so why can't we get them here? Makes me want to tell Acura to "Take off, eh" (sorry, I just watched Strange Brew last night )
Old 05-05-2012, 07:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by DibbyD
I agree. What's even more frustrating is that in Canada, they can get the red or white with the ebony interior, while we are stuck with parchment. It's obvious Acura is making those colors with blank interior, so why can't we get them here? Makes me want to tell Acura to "Take off, eh" (sorry, I just watched Strange Brew last night )
Not a good time to rub it in that my WHITE with Ebony RDX AWD Tech is about to be picked up (Wednesday to be exact).

It would be nice if Acura would have made that color combo available in the US eh
Old 05-05-2012, 10:31 AM
big shot.

pretty simple - Acura CUTS COST by streamlining production, why there are literally no build-in optional equipment, such as no 'just nav', no just ELS etc. Its Tech or no tech. Ive always felt that the ELS should be a stand alone option, i think Acura loses alot of profit here. in the 2nd gen, they bundle basically MUST HAVE equipment like HIDs AND Fogs. Quite a scheme i tell ya.

So, with interior/exterior configurations - there really are none - its either or, why, so production is streamlined and there is less cost. Variable Configurations = $$, Acuras 'simplicity' I have always felt to be constraint. Take it or leave it. Id love to customize an RDX, but if we had that ability, you are probably looking at pricing where you dont want it to be.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Suzuka Master

MMike1981....While I agree that reducing the configuration options with special features as available on other premium brand do cut production cost, I am somewhat baffled by the limitation in color interior. To be honest, if Acura Canada allows their White RDX to be ordered with an Ebony interior, why would Acura USA not allow it? If we are talking reducing cost of production, why would a Canadian vehicle built in the US not affect their production cost but it would in the States? I can see them not wanting to offer the ELS setreo as a stand alone feature (like the Bang Olufsen in the Audi), or the Nav alone, or the HID alone etc...that would make the production cost alot more expensive but in the interior color dept, that simply just does seem to make sense, especially when they are already building them for the Canadian market.

I guess I'll have to be careful if I ever go for a trip in the US....My RDX will be a hot commodity there and may get an overzealous Acurazine member wanting to take it away from me *lol*
Old 05-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Advanced

Enough already, Mike. We get your point, you've only made it a dozen times over.

I've owned a couple Hondas, so I get their option strategy. But like Weather said, if they are already making those color combinations for the Canadian market, that's obviously not the driver here. They already cut out the gray/taupe interior, presumably to cut cost, but at least let us choose between the other two colors.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:37 AM
big shot.

keep forgetting there are many canadians on here. as for CA, no idea. I was really generally talking about the interior trim being kept to a bare minimum variance, and how the combos are strictly limited.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Instructor

I don't understand the economics of limiting color combinations within a vehicle. I've toured the BMW plant in SC and basically it is all modularized. The interior components are brought to the plant by vendors already arranged in production sequence. I can't see where it costs anymore to put a black interior in a white car than a tan interior (given that both colors are already being used). It is not just Acura - you can't buy a blue or red hyundai genesis with a brown interior but no problem with gray or white exterior.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:59 PM
big shot.

well Hyundais started out in bargain basement pricing too. So, no surprise its similar in optioning to Acura, and Hyundais are generally cheaper overall versus their competition. Hyundai has actually torn some of a page out from Honda/Acura in terms of optioning their vehicles.

- its not that it COST MORE to get black on white literally, the cost is due to fact that an additional option exists and its the variance among production, therefore there is more cost born on varying the model line. ACURA SAVES MONEY BY ELIMINATING OPTIONS/variance and streamlining production. They can run off the exact same interior carpet for every single vehicle they sell without having to build some white on black that may sell, or run the risk of building some white/tan that may not sell, or vice versa. BMW for example, has options that get crazy priced, but everything is almost a la carte, and its NO SURPRISE that their cars cost much more, and options get crazy expensive - thats because ALL those options cost the manufacturer more money, and that is passed along to the consumer who also benefits by getting a much more uniquely trimmed vehicle.

Even still, Acura saves a bunch, especially in their entry vehicles like the TSX/RDX, by offering only ONE optional equipment package. This savings gets passed on, and i think most people that i have seen on the RDX board in fact like the simple approach Acura gives you, take it or leave it, and one option. Makes things simple, and at the end of the day, cheaper. This is called manufacturing efficiency & maintaining less stock of parts that may not be ordered or used.

Last edited by MMike1981; 05-06-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:31 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by MMike1981
well Hyundais started out in bargain basement pricing too. So, no surprise its similar in optioning to Acura, and Hyundais are generally cheaper overall versus their competition. Hyundai has actually torn some of a page out from Honda/Acura in terms of optioning their vehicles.

- its not that it COST MORE to get black on white literally, the cost is due to fact that an additional option exists and its the variance among production, therefore there is more cost born on varying the model line. ACURA SAVES MONEY BY ELIMINATING OPTIONS/variance and streamlining production. They can run off the exact same interior carpet for every single vehicle they sell without having to build some white on black that may sell, or run the risk of building some white/tan that may not sell, or vice versa. BMW for example, has options that get crazy priced, but everything is almost a la carte, and its NO SURPRISE that their cars cost much more, and options get crazy expensive - thats because ALL those options cost the manufacturer more money, and that is passed along to the consumer who also benefits by getting a much more uniquely trimmed vehicle.

Even still, Acura saves a bunch, especially in their entry vehicles like the TSX/RDX, by offering only ONE optional equipment package. This savings gets passed on, and i think most people that i have seen on the RDX board in fact like the simple approach Acura gives you, take it or leave it, and one option. Makes things simple, and at the end of the day, cheaper. This is called manufacturing efficiency & maintaining less stock of parts that may not be ordered or used.
+1 And it is not jsut simpliying the supply chain on the producton side, it also saves on the service, maintenance, spare parts side. To some degree this helps between Acura and Honda. I'm taking my TSX to our Honda dealer for coolant and PS fluid changes. Saves half of the Acura service charge although I don't think this is what Acura had in mind.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:09 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
i think the option pkgs are a good thing. it simplifies things for the consumer.

i have a friend who wants to get a cayman. she went to the dealer and they went over the options list for the car to build the thing. she was so overwhelmed with the options. i think she said there were like 7 different styles of seating options, then you have how many different ways you could move the thing (8way, 14 way power seats), this stereo system, interior trim, which steering wheel...i mean name it and you can customize the damn thing. some of the items were grouped in pkgs, but then you have pkgs within pkgs and she left with her head spinning until she could wrap her head around it.

i like the simplicity that honda/acura uses for their pkgs.

to the topic of the RDX: bottomline, acura is looking to appeal to a broader range of people with the target of the DINKs (dual income no kids crowd). i think on this forum we look at all the little details b/c we are enthusiasts and we tend to be a bit more particular than the avg consumer. a lot of the little nuances that the OP pointed out probably won't be deal breakers for the general consumer. i do not foresee a sporty model coming out for the RDX. they took away the SHAWD and the turbo which was the fun factor for the 1G RDX. acura like other car manufacturer's are trying to be more fuel efficient (just as many consumers are with rising gas prices).
Old 05-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by weather
Its probably a conspiracy to sell more cargo tray *lol*
Already installed.

It saved our TSX trunk many times from spilled milk/mulch/dirt.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Hopefully I'm the only one with this issue - cracked and wrinkled headliner.

I didn't notice it when I picked up the car - you can only see it from the back seat in certain lighting. The dealer had to order a replacement from Acura. Then the replacement piece did the same thing. Now I am waiting on yet another headliner to arrive so the dealer can try again.

The dealer has had my car for four days now for what should have been a "four hour process" according to the service manager.

Argh! I hope they can get it fixed and that it isn't an endemic issue where no headliner will go in properly!
Attached Thumbnails 2013 RDX Complaints and Suggestions-roof-1.jpg   2013 RDX Complaints and Suggestions-roof-2.jpg   2013 RDX Complaints and Suggestions-roof-3.jpg  
Old 05-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bh9712
Hopefully I'm the only one with this issue - cracked and wrinkled headliner.

I didn't notice it when I picked up the car - you can only see it from the back seat in certain lighting. The dealer had to order a replacement from Acura. Then the replacement piece did the same thing. Now I am waiting on yet another headliner to arrive so the dealer can try again.

The dealer has had my car for four days now for what should have been a "four hour process" according to the service manager.

Argh! I hope they can get it fixed and that it isn't an endemic issue where no headliner will go in properly!
WTH?

I sat in my back seat a few times and did not see this but since your new headliner did it again I am goign to have to inspect mine a little more.
keep us posted on this
Old 05-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
This has been a great car, seems very solidly built and, except for the below, seems in perfect shape at nearly 2K miles. Seams match up well...much better than my '09 TSX. Couple of things that I've noticed, though:

-If you roll out and engage the cargo cover, the end closest to the tailgate makes noise when going over bumps. If you roll it up when driving, no noise at all.

-The screen on my GPS system has what looks like smudges on it, but I can't get them off. They can only be seen either in bright sunlight or when the screen is off.

Both are covered under warranty, I presume. i will just mention them upon first oil change.